The Other Story

My Hyung from Daegu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BONUS CHAPTER

 

2017 – Seoul

Yoongi and Taehyung’s apartment.

 

“Do we have more balloons?!” Hoseok asked Jin who was hanging a ‘welcome back’ banner on the wall.

 

“Yes, look in this bag.” Namjoon intervened.

 

Taehyung was moving permanently in Korea and in less than 1 hour, Yoongi and him would appear in their apartment in Seoul, after 1 month in the United States where they went to prepare Taehyung’s move in.

Therefore, for their come back their friends were planning a surprise welcome party, taking advantage of the fact that Namjoon had got the keys of the apartment to water the plants.

 

"FINALLY the childhood friends became lovers!" Hoseok exclaimed.

 

After all the laughs, memories and inside jokes but also after the separation that brought Taehyung in the United States, after seven years apart, after the fear that caged Taehyung into a lie and the mask of Taesang, after all of that… the love remained intact and Taehyung and Yoongi were finally reunited.

 

“The two were always meant to be.“ Hoseok smiled.

 

“You’ve always been their supporter number uno, don’t you?” Jungkook raised an eyebrow.

 

“Indeed.” Hoseok said proudly. “Actually it was sometimes more difficult than ever. Taehyung did not like me back then and even if I could tell that the two were definitively not ‘just friends’, the kid was pissing me off… So time to time I was trying to make him jealous” He laughed out loud at the souvenir.

 

“I’m sure you did!” Jin smirked.

 

“Their story with Taehyung is so… movie-able… Is it a word?” asked Jimin a bit dizzy, a glass of champagne in the hand.

 

“Jimin! We told you to stop drinking before the party!” Jin tapped the head of Jimin with a balloon making the other laugh.

 

“Come on…  We have more bottles of champagne than humans in here” Jimin giggled. “By the way! Let’s come back to our favorite couple!” He raised his glass as if he was about to make a toast, staggering to the couch. “How did you know?” He looked at Hoseok. “For Taehyung and Yoongi… I mean when you were in Daegu... they were so young… How did you know they were meant to be?”

 

Hoseok blinked once, twice and smiled.

“That’s another story…”

 

“We are all yours!” Jimin almost screamed.

 

“Should I start from the beginning then?”

 

“Just spit it out!” Jimin sipped another mouthful of champagne with a smile.

 

“Well it’s started seven or eight years ago…”

 

 

 

The Other Story

- told by Hoseok -

 

2010 – Daegu

 

Originally I am not from Daegu, so no less to say that I had zero friends when I came at Daegu Forest High School.

And it was not less after one month that I made my first friend: Yoongi.

 

Yoongi was in my class; he always stayed at the last row, near the window. Always staring through this damn window. He felt mysterious and somehow absorbed in his own world. But most of all, he rarely talked with our classmates… and because I was new, I thought we could have been friends…. Easier said than done!

So one day, I decided to talk with him to break the ice, maybe go buy an ice cream or ask him what he was thinking when he was looking through the freaking window for one hour straight.

And just when I was about to catch him, I saw a young chubby boy waiting outside the classroom, with some big glasses on his face .

And there! Just there I understood that Yoongi was not alone, he chose to be alone in class, because outside our class… he had Taehyung. He was not shy as I thought. He did not hang out with the rest of the class because he was timid but because he needed nobody else except Taehyung.

And once Yoongi was with Taehyung, the entire universe did not exist. Taehyung was the only one who could bring a smile on his face, and when Yoongi was talking to him, Taehyung face lit up. Litterally.

It was clear that the two were more than friends. They were like a really small gang.

 

So I decided to give up till that day our teacher of literature asked us to make a group project and paired me with... well: Yoongi!

 

To be honest, when I read my name next to his on the big board at the entrance of the classroom, I was a little bit afraid. Sure Yoongi looked nice and cool but he hardly showed that side of him, or let’s say he only showed it to one person.

 

“Hoseok, that’s right?” That was the first words he told me when he approached me.

I nodded, highly surprised he knew who this ‘Hoseok’ he would have to work with was.

 

“Nice to meet you. I’m Yo-”

 

“Yoongi” I cut him. “I know.”

I don’t know why I cut him, I guess I just wanted to show him that me too, I knew his name.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter