The Incident

My Hyung from Daegu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2010 – Daegu

Daegu High School

 

 

‘Again with this Hoseok’ Taehyung thought as he came across Yoongi’s class.

 

Hoseok was the ‘new’ guy of the city. For Taehyung, the ‘kid’ came from nowhere and was killing his duo. Taehyung was still short and a bit chubby, with big glasses while Hoseok was as tall as Yoongi, muscular for his age, could dance and had the power to make Yoongi smile. This power, only Taehyung had it for years. Yoongi always thought people had no substance and he was easily annoyed by most – all – of the students. Taehyung was his bubble of energy, Taehyung had the spark to lighten his mood, only Taehyung and this one did not want to share. He never did. And the more the time past, the more Taehyung saw Yoongi as his soulmate. He always had been his soulmate. As far as the younger could remember, he loved Yoongi.

And now he was 15 years old, he knew the love he had for Yoongi was not the love you could have for a friend or any Hyung – never had been to be honest. He always loved him with all his heart, all his pores. The young boy was getting jealous, mad, worried because he was afraid someone was going to make His Hyung happier than he did. He was not the jealous type, but what’s his is his. End of the story.

It was not even because he was needy or insecure. He just did not want Hoseok to realize how amazing Yoongi was and steal him away from him. He just… really did not want to lose Yoongi to someone else. Yoongi meant too much to him for that to happen.

 

But Taehyung could not do much about it. Hoseok skipped a grade and ended up in the same class as Yoongi. Since then Taehyung thought, this one clung to His Hyung like a dependent drug addict. Yoongi was His Hyung, yes HIS, and every time he heard Hoseok saying “Hyung” he wanted to punch the guy in the face and one day he actually did.

 

“Gigi Hyung, what about hanging out at my place and watch Johnny Cash last concert?” Taehyung proposed ignoring Hoseok.

 

“It’s our first day of summer let’s enjoy the sun! Who likes this old Johnny grandpa anyway?” mocked Hoseok who always felt how harsh Taehyung was treating him. He had nothing against the boy but this one kept ignoring him. He never bothered to acknowledge his presence and the few times Hoseok addressed the ‘problem’ to Yoongi, this one always sided with Taehyung arguing Hoseok was too sensitive.

 

“I do. I like Johnny Cash” simply answered Yoongi while playing on his phone.

 

“Yes, that’s what ‘Taegi’ likes to do!” snapped back Taehyung putting correctly his glasses on his nose.

If time does not decide the importance of someone, memories do… and Taehyung had bunch of memories with the older. He knew everything about him and well, Johnny Cash was Yoongi’s favorite singer of all time. ‘I checkmated you, Hoseok !’ smiled triumphantly Taehyung.  

 

 

“Taegi?” chuckled Hoseok “…Oh that’s so cute, as much as ‘Gigi Hyung’. You could also call him opp-”.

 

 

Taehyung threw a heavy punch on Hoseok’s jaw.  He did not mean it but his body acted on his own, driving by a survival instinct.

 

Yes, the teenager messed up, started a fight but Hoseok could not play with his heart because the young boy gave his all and he loved deeply. He loved Yoongi deeply. Not just today or yesterday but every single day since he met him and every single day for the rest of his life. He knew it from the moment they met. They were a perfect fit, the misfits: the chubby short kid and the savage musical prodigy. He loved Yoongi for needing him by his side, for making him smile when he was sad but most of all, he loved Yoongi for loving him the way he was. The best thing about each other was the other one. Taehyung’s world was a better place with the older in it. Yoongi was his best friend. They could weather any storm. They were meant to be.

 

But this day, Yoongi looked at the younger as if he was a stranger, an unreadable expression in his face.

 

“Are you out of your mind?” the older finally asked furiously while helping Hoseok to get up on his feet.

 

A crowd began to surround the three protagonists and Taehyung felt the urge to run away. To run anywhere. The young boy finally reached the lockers room out-of-breath and sat on the floor loudly hearing the silence, hearing his heart racing and hearing his thoughts jostled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter