Do you remember me?

My Hyung from Daegu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

19 days before they kissed again

 

‘Well, Yoongi’s life looks smooth as cream cheese on hot rye: successful friends, successful company, and successful career. He is living the dream! Not sad at all. Nope. Everything is good… since I left. Life continued without me. He did not even wear this stupid necklace I gave him’ Taehyung was fuming for a good 30 minutes now, hiding his own necklace below his turtleneck.

The surprise, then the joy following with the pain to see Yoongi gave way to another feeling: anger. Taehyung had been thinking about the elder every freaking day since he left the country, he was living in his memory while it seemed that ‘Yoongi could not care less’ about him. 

 

Two days had past, and the young stylist was ready to meet Yoongi again and show him what Kim Taehyung Choi Taesang was made of! No stuttering, no sweating, no shy glance! Yoongi would see that his former chubby and short friend became a man with a deep voice too!

 

***

 

“Yoongi, please tell us how we should operate” said softly Jin as soon as they all settled comfortably for this second meeting.

 

“Well. Namjoon and I will follow the whole process. First we will present the songs we think represent you the best Jin hyung.” started quietly the famous producer with his raspy voice. “Of course, we will rewrite everything together so you can make those songs yours. At this stage, Jimin should be there to give his opinion so we can adapt the song and lyrics to your voice”

 

Jimin nodded while Taehyung noticed how everyone seemed mesmerized by his childhood friend and how this one seemed so professional and serious.

‘He is passionate. He really found the job that fits him the best’ noted Taehyung with an unintentionally smile.

 

“Then, we will focus on the stage and find the best scenography for your concept.” Yoongi continued. “A mission for Hoseok and Jungkook sharp eyes: the choreography, the atmosphere, your image” Yoongi paused and smirked mischievously “then I guess Mister V, whatever his role is, would ask you to wear any Gucci outfits ”.

 

Namjoon suppressed a nervous laugh when they all looked at Taehyung after Yoongi’s jest, waiting, excepting a reaction.

 

“Actually, Mister Min,” snapped back Taehyung with his deep voice “self-confidence is the best outfit and fashion is about something that comes from within you. My role, if you wonder, is to help Jin Hyung to rock any outfit and own it so he can match the concept with assurance.”

 

Yoongi raised an eyebrow, oddly pleased by Taehyung’s riposte.

‘Taesang is one of a kind’ he thought ‘the guy was shy and stuttering two days ago, and now he’s playing the know-all full of confidence’

“Then when should you intervene V?” questioned Yoongi with his piercing eyes.

 

“Throughout the process, just like you, Mister Min” answered Taehyung who stare the older back “Based on Jin hyung desire to show his true self for this comeback, I need to follow every stage and understand Jin hyung true self. What he wants to convey in his song, how he wants to express it in his dance, how he wants to appear in his music video so I can find the perfect style for him. And at the end of the day, his outfit would be a way for him to say who he is without having to speak.”

 

 “Taetae! You really know what you’re talking about” smiled Jin.

 

'Taetae?’ Yoongi scoffed.

 

Taetae… A name he was refraining from saying for so long…

Sure Taesang tickled Yoongi’s curiosity but only one person could be named Taetae.

‘Only one person deserved this name and this person is not here anymore’ thought the producer.

Taehyung for Yoongi was unique. Of course, he was glad to have Hoseok and Namjoon in his life, he even considered those guys as his very own brothers, but Taehyung… it was something else.

Nobody would ever be like his old childhood friend Taehyung and nobody would ever make him feel the way he did.

However, as he heard the now forbidden name ‘Taetae’, Yoongi realized it had been years that he did not think about him.

He had erased the souvenir of his old friend. He had erased his face, his eyes, his lips, his scent and his voice from his mind. He had to…. Otherwise his regrets would eat him alive. He regretted so much that he was unable to tell to the younger how he was flattered by the friendship necklace this one gave him back in 2009. He regretted he was unable to say to him how cheesy, yet adorable, the tag “Taegi 4ever” carved into the bark of a tree was. He regretted he was unable to show him that he cared instead of letting him guess if he loved him or not to the point the younger punched Hoseok.

But the love Yoongi had for his Taetae was not the same type of love the younger had for him… Yoongi always saw him as his best friend, not as his lover.

Of course, Yoongi was not blind and knew, since they were teenagers – since Taehyung gave him this necklace, that his dongsaeng was in love with him, but he preferred to act as if nothing was happening and go on with his daily life with the younger.

However, everything changed the day Taehyung kissed him in the locker room. Everything changed because Yoongi realized he was craving for this very kiss. He realized how deep he actually loved his chubby friend.

Still Yoongi was young, just 17 year old, he was scared, he w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter