Sixteen

Blood Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER SIXTEEN; LEVELS.

Desperation, no other words could describe what was brewing up inside of Somi. She hadn't even wanted to get out of bed that morning, she was sad and lonely, dwelling over the loss of a loved one that had only just happened. She didn't want to be at school, surrounded by people that were too opinionated, that didn't like her friends and seemed to only ever have anything to say about her friends. She certainly didn't want to be rushing down the halls like a crazy lady, but that was what she was doing when she should have been thinking about getting to her own class for the morning.

"Excuse me"

"Sorry I need to get through" Somi shoved, getting tired of people ignoring her and the person to receive that shove stumbled, looking over her shoulder with offence written on her face.

"And you said the element girl was still weak," One of the other girls said and another scoffed defensively.

"She seems it in our health class" Somi didn't listen to a word they said, forcing her way through the other students who were actually trying to do the right thing by going to their own classes instead of in the opposite direction. Somi let out a huff, dodging another student and pushing through the crowd, bouncing on her toes to look over the heads of everyone else. Relief washed over her when she finally saw the head of the person she had been looking for, standing a little taller than some of the disgruntled students, he made his way down the hall, minding his own business as he continued on, unaware of Somi trying to chase him down.

"God damn it Jooheon" She wouldn't have to be doing this if it weren't for that boy. She didn't even want to be talking to Kihyun, but here she was, doubting if he really was that short or in that much of a hurry as she watched him shuffle through the halls. She couldn't believe Jooheon wouldn't just keep his mouth shut, if it was really that hard for him to do so, why did he seem to keep opening his mouth up to all the hardest people in the school to please? And why was he so insistent on making her friends with all of them? Some of them were real pricks to deal with and ran her up the wall like no tomorrow, and now she was chasing one of them through the school instead of going to class like she should have been. All for Lee Jooheon.

"Yoo Kihyun!" Somi hollered and Kihyun flinched, looking from side to side as he walked. No one ever talked to him, so why did he think anyone would be calling out his name? He scowled, gripping onto his books and striding down the hall that was starting to thin out as students made it to their classroom.

"My god" Somi cursed, her pace quickening now that she didn't have so many people to be shoving through.

"Kihyun!" Somi tried again and this time he stopped in his tracks, looking around until he was turning, finding Somi scampering after him with a flushed face.

"New kid?" He frowned, why was she hollering at him from across the hall? Of all people why him?

"My god Kihyun slow down a little when you hear someone call out to you yeah?" Somi was huffing, her lips pouting and her eyebrows scrunching up the same way that Kihyun's did when he saw her.

"What do you want?" His gaze on her was sharp but Somi ignored it, she had sharp-eyed friends of her own that had never scared her so she wasn't going to bat an eye at the look Kihyun was currently giving her.

"I want to talk to you," She told him, standing straight and meeting his stare.

"About?" He demanded to know and Somi took in a breath.

"We noticed you missing during our health class-"

"So?" Kihyun interrupted her and Somi almost rose a hand at him, but instead she narrowed her eyes to match his heated stare.

"So, let me speak" Kihyun rose an eyebrow, propping his books on his hip, mildly intrigued by her need to push on with him.

"Hurry up you're making both of us late for class"  Aw he cares that we'll both be late to our classes. Somi could have teased Kihyun about this had she been feeling better than what she currently was, instead, she gave a snort as Kihyun delayed her words for the second time.

"That's because you're not letting me say what I have to say" She couldn't be bothered dragging this out the same way she had dragged herself out of bed, but if it niggled Kihyun, she was going to unconsciously make things a little harder for him, one of her bad traits that she would swear to work on countless times but never change. Kihyun gave her a pointed look and Somi rolled her eyes at him, holding her books tightly and taking in a breath.

"You haven't been spending health class with us, Jooheon and I have noticed you missing" She started and Kihyun continued to stare at her, not saying anything to explain himself.

"Jooheon's been whining about it more lately and he doesn't like that you're not hanging out with us" 

"That's his problem" Kihyun gave a shrug and Somi shook her head.

 "Will you listen to me Kihyun? I'm trying to find my words here" 

"Well hurry up so I can get to class then" He snapped and Somi sighed.

"I was going to ask you to be our friend" She told him and Kihyun gave her his harsh stare again.

"I don't need you, I don't need friends, especially not a pair like you" 

"Excuse me?" Somi flared, glaring at Kihyun who scoffed in return.

"You heard me, whatever the four of you are trying to accomplish here, leave me out of it, yeah?  I don't need the pathetic feeling of fake companions" Kihyun went to walk away from her but the fire in her eyes took over. Somi reached out, her hand just out of reach from Kihyun but it didn't need to be touching him, not when she was so angry. Kihyun's books dropped to the ground as he went the opposite way, natural gravity lost its control over his body and his head knocked into the ceiling, his back slamming against the lockers as he hissed at Somi

"I was trying to be nice to you" Somi looked up at Kihyun and he saw the fire dancing in her eyes that were set on him.

"I was trying to include you but it's clear you don't deserve the chance to have friends like us. There is nothing wrong with any of those boys, it's you that has the problem so don't think you can get away with talking about them like that, they aren't scummy like you" Somi's clenched fingers released, her arm falling as she turned her back on him, not even listening to the way Kihyun fell to the ground, barely managing to land on his feet because of the unexpected timing of the drop. Somi ignored the lingering gazes of the few remaining students in the hall, their mouths fell open in whispers that she blocked out, marching back in the direction of her classroom as she wished that she had never made the effort to find the boy. 

She didn't hesitate to stamp her feet across the floor of her classroom, not caring if anyone gave her looks or judged her for her negative mood, not when she hadn't wanted to be at school in the first place. She put her books down, slouching in her seat and wrapping her arms around the books on her desk, letting her chin be propped on the book at the top of the pile.

Somi had a feeling that it was going to be a long day for her.

-------------

She wasn't feeling stuck in such a snappy mood now, she had calmed down since going through most of the day without having to see Kihyun's face again, it was relieving, but the conversation, if you could call it one, had made Somi realise something that she hadn't thought of much recently. Hence, she was walking around the school on another mission, knowing the one she was looking for was most likely going to be in the library, that's where she decided to go first. She pushed the door open, being met with the loud noises that she had grown used to now, she had forgotten what a real library was at this point. Somi scaled her eyes around the room, it looked messy with so many wreckless people crowding the area, and it wasn't the tidiest place, not when you compared it to the second floor. She couldn't see him, so she moved further into the building, her eyes still moving around to look for him, she naturally rose her chin, thinking the angle would be able to help her to see over the shelves that didn't hold all the books it was supposed to be holding. Something flew over her head and she naturally bobbed down, paying it no further attention to know if it was animal or an object. 

She had never studied this part of the library so well before, it really was a mess, the perfect place for animals to make a mess, and they proved to be doing it well, as well as proving themselves to be animals, not students getting their education. Somi couldn't understand how Changkyun could spend so much time in here. He was quiet and shy in nature, so having to see him causing destruction to the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter