Five

Blood Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER FIVE; SHARE A SECRET.

There was no pain like it. Somi could feel it all over her body and couldn't think of anything worse. Nothing could compare to the suffering that her body was going through and she had to bite down on her lip to stop herself from letting out any sound that would signal her pain. She could feel the tightening of her chest and the worst of thoughts ran through her mind as each breath left her in heavy heaves that itched with every inhale and exhale. There was the dying wish for it all to end and Somi had to will her eyes open so she could look at the person drawing her back into reality.

"Come on Somi, it's only been two minutes"

"I just ran on the treadmill and now I'm sitting her rowing an imaginary boat because of you" Somi was sweating and she had to hold onto the handles tighter so that the sweat wouldn't fling them away from her.

"I'm only trying to build your strength up"

"More like you're trying to torture me" Somi growled and Minhyuk gave a shrug of his shoulders.

"Eunkwang asked me to watch over you in here for him, the coach wants your strength built up and that isn't going to happen by being slack" Minhyuk curled the weight in his arm up, standing next to Somi to make sure she didn't slack off behind his back.

"Maybe he should drag his lazy into this place for once" Somi growled and Minhyuk snorted, shaking his head. Minhyuk was a bit of a gym junkie, unlike Eunkwang who avoided the place like it had several plagues roaming within it.

"Lazy " Somi continued to grumble, pulling harder on the rower despite the pain that was pulsing through her body. Being in the gym with Minhyuk felt like torture, he was worse than what Somi imagined a personal trainer to be and despite the earlier statement from Minhyuk ("Relax, we're friends and I'm not planning to kill you with exercise"), he still put her through what she could only describe as hell.

"One more word out of you and I'll set you on fire Minhyuk" Somi sneered, Minhyuk took no offence to what the girl threatened, laughing with a shake of his shoulders as he pulled himself into a seated position.

"Let me know when you have that under control, I have a few enemies that I wouldn't mind being eliminated" Minhyuk scoffed and Somi rolled her eyes.

"That was kind of a low blow" She retorted, but she wasn't offended despite the fact that he just dissed her inability to manipulate an element that should come as easy as breathing did to her on a regular day.

"Says the one who threatened me when I asked for five more sit-ups" Minhyuk chuckled, he made the workout look easy, despite being just as sweaty as Somi was, he could still manage a conversation through the sit-ups they were doing, whilst Somi pictured she looked like a dying whale with all the panting she had to do between words.

"I think you're done for the day” Minhyuk concluded after another five sit-ups that ended in Somi lying on the floor in sweaty clothes as she tried to catch her breath.

"Two hours have passed already?" Somi asked.

"An hour and forty minutes but I'll let you off since I want to leave to," Minhyuk said much to Somi's surprise. Somi forced herself to her feet and walked over to her bag, shoving her arm, and almost her head into the bag as she made her way towards the changerooms. There was the feeling of walking head first into a wall that overtook Somi and stopped her in her tracks. With a pained sound leaving she stumbled away and a hand shot out to grab her arm and stop her from falling to the floor. When Somi looked up to find a male looking down at her, guilt automatically washed over her and she bowed quickly.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't watching where I was walking" She rushed out and the male student shook his head.

"Don't worry about it" He reassured her as Minhyuk came up from behind her as quickly as he could and the other male walked away.

"Are you ok Somi?" He asked her since the one she bumped into hadn't made the effort to ask if she was alright.

"Yeah, no I'm fine. Who was that?" Somi asked, she hadn't seen him before, well she hadn't really seen many of the people within the school yet.

"That was Lee Hoseok, he practically lives in this gym" Minhyuk told her and Somi frowned.

"So he's like a more serious version of you, and he didn’t even care that he’s just washed his hand in my sweat" She pointed out, her finger mockingly poking Minhyuk's bicep and Minhyuk gave her a shove, the both of them having watched Hoseok reach for his bottle without wiping off the hand he grabbed her with.

"A man once said that it's better it's better to have some potato instead of being all meat and no potato" Minhyuk argued and Somi scrunched her face up in confusion.

"Who said that?" She asked Minhyuk.

"My friend Peniel, he's a smart one that guy"

"All of your friends are weird though" Somi countered and Minhyuk shrugged, walking into the men's changerooms.

"At least I'm not all meat and no potatoes" He concluded and Somi shook her head.

"And I thought you were the normal one fo your friends" She grumbled and entered the women's changerooms.

------------

It was the second time in her stay at the school so far that Somi had managed to find the library, and after going through the event that was the first floor, her body relaxed in relief at the peace that the second floor resonated. This time she was able to find an empty table that didn't have any sleeping students hiding on the seats and with a smile, she made herself comfortable at the table and opened her books so that she could start revising what was spoken about in her class that still befuddled her.

"You again" Somi couldn't believe the lack of luck that she had, just when she thought she was going to get some peace and quiet, a familiar lanky figure had to appear by her side.

"Afternoon wielder" The tall boy greeted and Somi let out a deep breath through her nose.

"Are you seriously sitting here? There are other tables you know?" She all but hissed and the male student shrugged carelessly.

"You're not as annoying as everyone else is" He simplified and Somi huffed.

"You can't come here and steal my food again" Somi accused as he pulled out three seats on her right and the male let out an accusing chortle.

"Then if you didn't want me to touch your food you should have just said so.

"I didn't even offer you any in the first place and you drank out of my water bottle" Somi clapped back and a yawn escaped the male.

"I was thirsty" He replied vaguely, keeping one seat empty between himself and Somi when he sat himself down.

"The hell do you think you're doing?!" Somi suddenly snarled and several heads flicked over to her table, fingers being brought to lips and shushing being hissed in her direction.

"It's not very often that you get a pillow around this place" Was the nonchalant answer Somi got and she growled through .

"Besides the fact that I am not your pillow, I don't even know your name" Somi looked down. He had made himself comfortable on his makeshift bed again but Somi was blown away by the fact that he had the audacity to use her lap as a pillow.

"I'm Chae Hyungwon and you're Han Somi the new student and the only element wielder in the school" Hyungwon, as he said his name was had stated this bluntly and Somi bounced her legs to try and throw the heavy head off her lap.

"Thanks for reminding me, now get off of me" After being shushed Somi had been talking at Hyungwon quietly and Hyungwon hummed.

"No problem" He answered sarcastically in his tired voice, but he didn't move.

"Hyungwon I will choke you with my water bottle" Somi moved onto threatening him but Hyungwon only let his eyes fall closed.

"We're in the quiet part of the library so don't go making to much noise, you don't want to disrupt the students again" Hyungwon propped one leg on the table, making himself comfortable and Somi sighed.

"I don't like being touched" She stated and Hyungwon gave another hum before he spoke.

"There are many instances where you have to learn to deal with the things you don't like" Somi sighed but for the sake of not making any more noise in a place of quiet, she toughened up, letting Hyungwon stay where he was whilst she went on with her studying. Somi was sure that Hyungwon should have been sleeping with the time that had passed, but she kept looking down when she felt him twitch. When she looked to see what was wrong, she noticed Hyungwon trying to flick his bangs away from his eyes with as little movement as possible. This went on a few more times and when Somi grew annoyed with constant flicking that made it clear Hyungwon wasn't going to find a better solution she moved her hand and Hyungwon cracked an eye open.

"I thought you don't like being touched" Hyungwon stated, his voice was screaming sleep and Somi wondered if he was part sloth.

"Shut up" She bit back, using her free hand to brush the hair away from Hyungwon's face. Hyungwon let his eyes close again and he didn't argue, wanting to fall asleep whilst he still had a pillow to rest on. The pair were unsure how much time had passed with Somi brushing her fingers through Hyungwon's hair and the male student was almost in a heavy sleep with the relaxation he was experiencing. The pair stopped moving when a bitter snarl broke out in front of them, Somi looked up to see a familiar bright haired girl glaring at he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter