Forty One

Blood Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER FORTY ONE; IT'LL BE THEM.

The first thing Somi felt was pain, then it was a sudden fear that she was in danger. Her eyes snapped open and she shot up, only to quickly be forced to lay back down before she could take in another breath. She looked to the force pushing her back into the ground and her eyes widened as she in a gasp, spluttering on it and stumbling over words as she coughed out loudly.

"What the hell?!"

"Don't do that, you've hit your head somehow" Hyunwoo put a protective hand at the back of Somi's head, following her as she pushed herself away from him.

"Why are you here?-"

"Sit still for god's sake would you?" Hyunwoo snapped and Somi glared at him, slapping his arm away from her and backing further away, slumping against a tree as Hyunwoo watched her, straight faced and narrow-eyed as she glared at him.

"What are you doing here?" She demanded and with her demand Hyunwoo raised an eyebrow, propping his elbows on his knees.

"Would you be quiet," He took a moment to look around, making sure no attention was drawn to them, "you haven't forgotten where you are, have you?" He looked back at her and Somi grabbed a handful of small rocks and threw them at Hyunwoo.

"That's why I want to know why you're here!" She snarked and Hyunwoo picked up one of the rocks that hit him to throw it back at her.

"Hold onto your pants you're getting a little ahead of yourself, I wasn't the one following you around" Hyunwoo shot at her as she scrunched up her face, closing her eyes in an attempt to avoid the rock that hit her in the chest and tumbled away.

"Are you accusing me of following you?" She spun her head back up to glare wildly at him and Hyunwoo put a hand out, telling her to calm down.

"Stop swinging around so much, you have a head injury," He told her off and Somi threw more rocks and twigs at him, whatever she was able to grasp in her hand.

"You think I want to be seeing you right now?!" She roared and Hyunwoo covered his head with his arms, falling back on his backside with a wince.

"You should be grateful it's me that you're lucky enough to even be able to wake up to!" He shot back and Somi growled.

"Why would I appreciate that?!"

"Because you almost never woke up you ungrateful turd!" He yelled and Somi stopped moving, dropping the small load in her hand that she was about to fire at Hyunwoo again.

"Excuse me?" She muttered, her arm falling down at her side as her body slumped, going slack as her heart hammered against her chest and her lips quivered.

"What did you just say to me?" She hissed weakly and Hyunwoo lowered his arms again.

"You were almost killed" Hyunwoo told her bluntly.

"Me? I was almost killed?" She laughed bitterly, not wanting to believe what Hyunwoo was saying to her as he nodded his head in confirmation.

"I don't know what happened to you, but you came rolling out from the trees like a trailer detached from its car when Minjun and his pack had me surrounded, if you had done that and I wasn't there, they would have killed you. They tried, but I stopped them" Hyunwoo told her with a bitter tone his voice, his face scrunched up as dark emotions stirred within him and they both looked away from each other, staring down at the ground to gather the thoughts running wild in both their heads.

"Minjun and his pack, you ran into them?" Somi spoke weakly, the thought of what could have happened around her when her lights were out sent a sickening feeling rushing through her body and she clamped shut as a bitter taste tingled upon her tongue, knowing it meant whatever was in her stomach didn't want to stay there, but she made sure it did as Hyunwoo gave a sullen nod.

"I did"

"Why didn't you just let them finish the job? I was knocked out already, it would have been easily done and it would have been one more off the list" Somi scoffed, trying to get rid of the bitter taste in .

"Don't you speak like that to me, don't even try and think like that let alone say those sort of things" Hyunwoo barked and Somi looked back at him with wide eyes.

"I don't want you dead and I wasn't going to let them kill you" Hyunwoo growled and Somi swallowed heavily as her eyes blinked, uncomfortable with how it felt to be reprimanded by Hyunwoo.

"You're staying alive and you're finishing this race. Minjun wants us all dead because he's still mad about what we did to him at school and that's even more reason for you not to die, not at their hands either" Somi lowered her head, looking like a puppy getting told off by its father as Hyunwoo stared at her angrily, puffing with his chest rising and falling heavily. Hyunwoo slammed his fist into the ground and Somi went rigid, refusing to look up

"If anything it'll be them that gets killed" He muttered darkly looking away to glare at the trees surrounding them every way they turned.

"Come on, get up" Hyunwoo let out a deep breath when they lapsed into a long silence. Somi looked up to see Hyunwoo already standing on his own two feet, offering his hand to her. She clasped Hyunwoo's hand and he pulled her up, looking down at her as Somi looked away, ignoring how close they were to each other.

"Why'd you do it?" She grumbled and Hyunwoo stepped back, dropping her hand and walking away from her.

"Hyunwoo?" She demanded but Hyunwoo didn't look back, pushing a branch out of his way as he shrugged his shoulders.

"I already said you're not gonna die in here"

-------------

"Ok, so we still haven't found her. There's no trace of Somi anywhere and that's not ok. I can feel my chest constricting. It's getting hard to breathe and I think I'm drooling. The chest is still getting heavier and I think I'm going to hyperventilate in about five seconds from now-"

"Shut up already!" A sharp clap rang through the air and Jooheon tumbled forward, catching himself on a tree and snapping his head back, holding one hand on his cheek, to glare at Kihyun.

"That's not how you stop someone from hyperventilating!" Jooheon gasped and Kihyun narrowed his eyes at him.

"Well it shut you up" Kihyun snapped and Jooheon let out a rumble from within his chest.

"Cut it out you two" Minhyuk cut in and they both looked at him, Hyungwon sighed, putting his arm around Changkyun as they walked forward in a slow lazy pace together as a group.

"You're stressing out too much" Minhyuk continued to ridicule them and Kihyun looked down at the ground, Jooheon pushed away from the tree he was groping, his shoulders slumped as he continued to walk forward, trailing after Hyungwon and Changkyun as they pretended to ignore Minhyuk giving his lecture.

"None of us like that we don't know where she is. But standing around and freaking out hasn't worked for us in the past, has it? Haven't you caught on to what's been happening to us? We all find our way back to each other eventually, we just have to keep looking and she'll come around sometime" Minhyuk dropped his hands at his sides, he was getting sick of walking and wanted nothing more than for the floor to be his warm soft bed back home when he let his legs give out under his weight.

"Something's following us" Changkyun observed.

"I know" Minhyuk hollered back.

"It's getting annoying"

"I know" Minhyuk yelled louder in response and a coyote jumped over a group of bushes, cutting them off as it slid in front of them and Park Minjun made his appearance before them.

"Just the people that I was looking for" Minjun smirked as he stood to his full height, Changkyun put an arm out in front of Hyungwon, using it to push his body behind him as they both took a big step back. The sight of them backing away had Minjun chortling and he shook his head, narrowing his eyes on them as he stepped forward to follow them. The rest of Minjun's pack came out from the shadows they were hiding within. Hoseok clenched his hands into fists, rushing forward to stand in front of Hyungwon and Changkyun as the group crept towards them, closing in on the two of them. Minjun clucked his tongue and let his head shake, amused by Hoseok's protective stance in front of Changkyun and Hyungwon.

"I wouldn't get in the way if I were you, not unless you're willing to be part of some unfinished business" Minjun warned Hoseok, who bent his knees and prepared his arms in a more protective stance.

"You want somone on this team then you want all of us" He snapped back, hindering no fear from Minjun's warning. Minjun cackled as he jumped at them with the other four members of his pack leaping at them as well, exclusively aiming for Hyungwon and Changkyun, with the bonus of striking the others if they did.

Kihyun rushed forward. His fingers clamped around Zhengho's throat, cutting the other male off and gritting his teeth as he kicked his feet into the ground to back Zhengho up and away from s. Zhengho struck at him. Kihyun ducked to avoid it and brought his knee up, ramming it into Zhengho's stomach, his hand still on Zhengho's throat the entire time. They pushed and shoved. Knocked each other around and kicked the other to the ground until Kihyun pushed Zhengho off of him with his foot and Zhengho rolled over the ground. He bounced and yelled out as he shifted into his coyote form, coming to a stop on four paws several meters away from Kihyun. 

Kihyun quickly got back up with a huff, not wanting to give anyone the chance to kick him while he was down. He got ready to charge straight for Zhengho as he kicked his back legs, rearing himself up to gallop at Kihyun. Jooh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter