Nine

Blood Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER NINE; WHAT A PAIN.

"I don't remember your book being so messy" Jooheon pointed out, nosing into Somi's book and the scribbles that covered the pages.

"It's not normally, Hyungwon wrote these notes and he writes notes like an absolute pig" Somi retorted, scoffing and shaking her head as she flipped through the pages of her book.

"You talk to Hyungwon? , for someone who has no friends here you're talking to a lot of people" Jooheon commented and Somi rolled her eyes, choosing to ignore Jooheon's comment to save an argument of any sort.

"Yeah, he helped me write some notes for this class so I can understand more" She nodded and Jooheon snatched the book from her, flipping back through the pages just as Somi had found one clean of any writing.

"He actually wrote this for you? Wow, I bet Changsub and Eunkwang would be hating you" He snorted and Somi frowned, her eyebrows meeting as she gazed at Jooheon.

"Why would they?" She questioned.

"Huh?" Jooheon looked up from her book, blinking in confusion.

"Why would Eunwkang and Changsub be hating me?" She inquired and Jooheon chuckled bitterly.

"You can't see it? They hate us, them and their whole group of friend despise the seven of us for not conforming to the groups like everyone else and being a little reckless. They would wanna throw up knowing that you were hanging around most of us, they told you to be careful of us right?" Somi froze only her eyes blinking as Jooheon watched her calculatingly.

"They did" Somi nodded, her voice quiet and Jooheon shrugged, speaking in a low voice just like she did.

"See what I mean?" He turned back to Somi's workbook, reading over Hyungwon's messy writing and falling silent. Somi watched Jooheon this time, there was a feeling of discomfort that spread within her and Somi grimaced without realising she was doing so, not liking the unsettling feeling travelling through her. She felt like something more would come out of this and she was starting to feel like it wasn't going to make her life in this school easy.

Just how much could they possibly hate each other?

------------

Somi got a little taste of her answer in her math class. She normally sat on her own in this class and no one really approached her until this very lesson. She was in her own world, homework on the table in front of her that wasn't due until next week. But she wanted to start on it before she left it for the night before her due class and save her future self a little stress for once.

"You're Han Somi, right?" She looked up, not expecting anyone to be looking for her, especially not a face she didn't recognise. Whoever he was, he looked hesitant but there wasn't anything good in his expression to make Somi think he was just shy.

"Yes, why does that matter?" She bluntly asked the male student who leant back at her quick words. He squared his shoulders and narrowed his eyes, lips forming in a serious straight line that Somi rose an eyebrow at.

"Are you here to confront me? Didn't think I had started any drama" She commented offhandedly and the male knew that it wasn't going to be easy to get to her.

Stubborn, just like they said she would be.

"I'm here to give you some advice” He stated simply and Somi raised her brows, leaning her chin on her open hand, leaning forward on her table.

"You need to stay away from those shapeshifters you've been hanging around. I'm not gonna sugar coat it like the others will for you. They're disgusting, horrible beings that you don't need to put yourself around, don't go dragging yourself down to their level when you could actually have some potential" The spellcasting student hissed at Somi, his eyes narrowing to slits and his face set passively. Somi leant back in her seat once again, picking up her pen and nursing the homework on an open book for a hard surface, focusing on her equations again.

"And to think I took the time to listen to your spiel, that's two minutes of my life I'll never get back" She grumbled, sighing as she tried to remember which sign went with this equation.

"You listen here, I'm trying to do you some good" There was a slap, the spellcaster putting his hands on her table and Somi looked at his palm spread out on her desk as he leant in close, she looked up at him tiredly. She took a deep breath in knowing she wasn't going to want to breathe again whilst someone was leaning into her like this.

"I'm trying to do well by telling you that you could actually freaking be something in this place and you're just gonna brush me off? Listen daddy's girl, unless you want to get ed over by those low lives then I suggest you stick to your own and keep your head down" He ordered and Somi sat her book down. She pushed her chair back, staring into the eyes of the male student but she wasn't looking at him, she was looking inside of herself.

Her head thumped and her body became warmer but she ignored it, instead, she stared into the land of fire protected by her animals and her fingers curled. Her arm rose, fingers stretching out and an orange heat flickered to live around them, engulphing her hand but causing her no pain. She reached out, grabbing the collar of the male student with her burning hand, the flames stung, they burnt, but they didn't touch his buttoned-up shirt like Somi's clenched fist did, something coming alive in her eyes when he looked up, panting and wincing until his wide eyes set on hers.

Because in her eyes was the same dragon that gravitated around a planet of fire, it's tail flicking and smoke escaping its nostrils, he couldn't even begin to explain the wings or the colour of its scales because Somi's voice drew him out of the vision.

"How about you listen here, regardless of what you know or what you think you know about any of those boys. Whether I choose to associate with them and run a few risks is purely none of your business. So how about you mind your own pile of instead of trying to stick your nose in mine alright magic boy? I don't have time for people that think I'll just do as they say, you weren't even ing polite you prick" She let go of his collar, leaving it looking as clean and creaseless as it did before she invaded his space. She stepped back, her head spinning and her body shaking but she tried to ignore that. Instead, she glared at the boy before her, not even the scraping of tables and chairs could distract her from glaring him down.

"And it wasn't any of your friends that helped me manage that, so take a wild guess at who did"

"Somi" It was Hyungwon, pulling her back and sitting her down. His hands remained on her shoulders, his eyes scanning the way her figure shook and her eyes grew tired despite how angry she was.

"I think it's best you leave her alone" Hyungwon advised in a bitter tone and the spellcaster scoffed.

"Maybe you belong with them" He spat and Somi tried to stand back up but Hyungwon held her down. The spellcaster walked away taking a seat somewhere on the other side of the room away from the pair. Hyungwon sat down and put his bag on his lap, sighing and putting the desk back in line with the others.

"What are you doing here?" Somi questioned Hyungwon in a dry tone, fury still surging through her.

"I walk into the class to find the new kid going off at a friend of a friend of hers. I feel like I should be asking what the hell just happened first"

"They aren't my friends, just people I talk to" Somi snapped and Hyunwon shrugged.

"Same difference" He muttered.

"Why are you in here?" Somi scoffed and Hyungwon frowned.

"Well, this is my math class" He stated plainly as if the fact should have been obvious to her.

"You're in this class?" Somi gaped and Hyunwon nodded, pulling out his books and pencil case.

"Then where have you been the past few weeks? You're never in here"

"This class is too early in the morning" Hyungwon shrugged taking out a pen and opening his book.

"So what was all that about" Hyungwon briefly looked at the spellcaster that was slouched in his seat and Somi snarled, looking over and bearing her teeth as she sneered.

"He came over here demanded things of me, as if he got a choice in who I invest my time to and he told he was trying to be nice and do me a favour. He's a total prick, I can't believe he waltzed on over here as if I was going to listen to him and choose who to spend my time around based on his opinion and apparently everyone else's opinion" She didn't go into detail about who this spellcaster was trying to keep her away from. But entering the classroom in time to hear the end of her speech and taking into consideration who Somi was blowing up at, Hyungwon already had a good idea at who it was.

"You got angry because he had a go at you about us shapeshifters?" Hyungwon didn't hesitate to share his presumptions and Somi sunk down in her seat, her arms crossed over her chest and her eyes not hesitating to bore into the student that had so rudely demanded things of her.

"What right does he have to come over here and try and force me to look at you the same way he does?" She grumbled and Hyungwon blinked, unable

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter