Thirty Six

Blood Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX; RETURN OF THE PAST.

"Hansol" Changkyun gravelled and his grip on Somi's arm tightened. He pulled her back but Somi stood her ground as the group looked at Hansol with sharp and calculative stares.

"Someone you know Changkyun?" Kihyun voiced and Changkyun let his head tilt to the side as Hansol examined him, disappointed that there was no shake to his limbs or a quiver in his voice when he spoke.

"You could say he played a part in who I am" Changkyun informed them.

"My father made you what you are" Hansol dragged his words out, raising a brow as his eyes glimmered in amusement. Changkyun's hand formed a fist and his jaw tightened as Somi gripped onto the leg of his pants, she clenched the leather between her fingers and rose her shoulders as her hair cascaded behind her shoulder and she looked at Hansol down the length of her nose, sending him a pointed glare.

"Where do you think you're going shifter boy? I was going to tell you all about your friend here" Hansol cast his eyes to Hoseok and he stopped moving, glaring at Hansol and bearing his teeth as he growled. Hyunwoo took the chance to shoot his hand out and slam his palm into Hansol's throat. His fingers curled around Hansol's windpipe and Hansol wheezed, grinning as he looked at Hyunwoo. Hyunwoo stepped forward, brushing past sunken branches and stepping over rocks as Hansol grinned at him. The others followed cautiously behind them and Hansol laughed as Hyunwoo reached back to the belt of his pants. He pulled out the gun he had been carrying and the group circled around him as he put it to Hansol's temple.

"You really think you can finish me with that?" Hansol cackled and Hyunwoo's fingers clenched around his neck, making Hansol wheeze.

"I've come here with a mission, and you won't be killing me until I complete it" Hansol looked at Changkyun and Somi stepped in front of him defensively as Changkyun breathed in and out heavily through his nose. He kept his eyes on Hansol as he tried to ignore the whirl of emotions swimming through him so that he could concentrate on where he was in that moment.

"It looks like what my dad is doing to you hurts, but try and bear with it Kyun, you'll be something totally amazing by the end of it" Young innocent eyes and a smile missing a tooth that had been given to the tooth fairy flashed through Changkyun's mind and he in a sharp breath as Hansol swung his legs into Hyunwoo's abdomen and kicked. Hyunwoo shot back and lost his grip on Hansol's neck and they both tumbled to the ground. Hansol grinned, his dark tongue dampened his lips that pulled into a grin as he looked at everyone rushing towards him.

"Stay away from him Changkyun" Hyungwon covered Changkyun and Somi ran forward, she jumped into the air and gravitated over the group so that she could land on her feet behind Hansol as he made his first move. Hoseok rushed in front of him. He used his arm to block his clawing hands and delivered a punch to his throat. Hansol flew back, laughing and gasping as he struggled to breathe. He toppled back into Somi's grip, who had her hands alight with flames that seared through his skin the moment she touched him. Hansol bellowed out but his eyes were filled with delight and he pinned his stare on Changkyun as his legs lost strength and he buckled down onto his knees. Minhyuk shot through the air and his boot clad foot crashed into Hansol's cheek, snapping his head to the side and throwing his body down as Minhyuk used a tree to stop himself from sliding over the ground.

Hyunwoo jumped back up to his feet with his eyes narrowed on Hansol as his shoulders shook in laughter. Excitement pulsed through Hansol's body as he struggled to pull himself back onto his feet. But he was determined to get up again. His legs shook and his jaw clenched, pain shot through his body at the action and Hansol hissed, but he didn't lose the crazed grin on his face. He pointed at Changkyun, who widened his eyes and clenched his fists as Hansol smirked. Hyungwon jumped forward shifting into the form of a rhino that charged towards Hansol. He followed Hansol as he staggered to the side and Hansol grabbed him by his tusk with both hands and grit his sharp teeth, swinging his arms and throwing Hyungwon's heavy from towards the trees. When his back collided with the first tree Hyungwon shifted back into his human form and crashed through several more trees that snapped and collapsed around them in an echoing thump against the earth. 

Hansol ran at Changkyun and Changkyun ducked to avoid him. He brought his clenched fists in front of him and stepped back on careful feet.

"Come on Changkyun, show me what my father made you into" Hansol taunted as he turned, spinning on his feet and swinging his leg to kick Changkyun. Changkyun crouched, ducking to avoid Hansol's attack again and Kihyun jumped over Changkyun in the form of a lynx. The lynx bit at Hansol's arm and shook its head, pulling Hansol down to the ground and jumping atop of him. Hansol grit his teeth and glared at Kihyun's lynx form. Kihun used his paw to swipe at Hansol's face and Hansol slid his knee up to his chest and kicked the lynx in the stomach, knocking the animal away from him. Changkyun shot to his feet at the same time as Hansol and stepped forward. He raised his leg in time to sidekick Hansol and Jooheon jumped forward to follow the action with a spin that connected his foot with Hansol's ankle. It knocked him down again and Hoseok pulled Changkyun back to cover him.

Things began moving at a speed far too great for Changkyun to comprehend. One second Hyunwoo was throwing Hansol into a tree. The next Hyungwon was protecting Jooheon from a life-threatening punch to the back of the head. Somewhere along the lines, Hoseok roared as he shifted into a black leopard. There was a buffalo that knocked Hansol through the air and he laughed through it all. Even when Somi threw flames at him and slammed him into the ground. 

Changkyun's back collided with the ground and the air was knocked out of him. Hansol's knuckles turned white as he grabbed Changkyun by his leather sleeve and laughter flowed through him in a way that had Hansol's body writhing in delight. There was simmering smoke producing from Hansol's back where most of his shirt was missing and his skin was getting sicklier in colour. A disgusting grey that emphasised his dark tongue and sharp teeth. His eyes were indescribable and Changkyun couldn't see the young boy he used to know, it was no surprise he hadn't recognised him.

"This is where it ends Changkyun. This is where I give you what you deserve after all the things you made me go through" Hansol hissed out and Changkyun shook his head.

"You can't kill me" Changkyun grunted and Hansol raised an eyebrow in response, his voice taunting as Changkyun bucked underneath him.

"You think I can't kill you?"

"What the hell is that?" Minhyuk's sharp eyes spotted something slithering down the tree and Hoseok followed to where he was pointing, his eyes going wide as he pulled Minhyuk back.

"It's a snake, isn't it Kihyun?" Hoseok looked around.

"No, that's not Kihyun" Hyunwoo shook his head, taking Jooheon's arm and pulling him back with him as they eyed the saw-scaled viper snake while it made its way across the ground and up the back of Hansol's leg.

"I'm here" Kihyun stumbled into the group and Hoseok put an arm out to stop him from approaching Hansol and Changkyun. Kihyun looked at them in confusion and his eyes widened at what he saw.

"Somi!" He exclaimed as Somi got to her feet with the help of Hyungwon, she looked at Kihyun and then to Changkyun and Hansol.

"Changkyun" Somi gasped, she put her hands out, her fingers wrapping around the air and she pulled back. She swept Changkyun out from under Hansol and he darted in her direction. Somi linked her arm with his and he gravitated back to his feet as they all watched Hansol cautiously as he followed Changkyun with his eyes. He stood up straight, cackling as he raised an eyebrow.

"Backing down now?"

"If that's what you want to call it, we know when to back out of a fight" Hyunwoo nodded as they all cautiously stepped back. Somi pulled Hyungwon and a confused Changkyun away from Hansol as he cackled, rubbing his tummy and pointing at them.

"You're weaker than I thought!" He howled as the snake crawled up his back and over his shoulder.

"Maybe we're smarter" Changkyun snapped out and Hansol's stare flickered to land on him.

"You think?"

"Well, we've noticed that, haven't we?" Changkyun pointed to the snake slithering all over Hansol and Hansol followed where he was pointing. His eyes widened and he laughed, his chest rumbling as he grabbed the live snake.

"Get off of me!"

"Let's go" Hyunwoo nodded and they all turned away running as quickly as they could from sight. They pushed through the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter