Twenty Three

Blood Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE; REVEALING BLOOD HAVEN.

"They're broadcasting it?!" Somi exclaimed, her hands going flat at her side, pressing down on the grass as hung open and her eyes blinked owlishly.

"Yes, this is a big game for our people, they want to see it happen live" Minhyuk nodded and Somi looked around at the group.

"But what about keeping the identity of our school and people a secret?" She insisted and Jooheon shook his head.

"Human's don't know about it or have access to it, our people go to secluded areas to watch the broadcast in secret"

"Oh my god" Somi deflated, falling back on the grass and Jooheon leaned down next to her propping himself on his elbow and looking down at her, he was smiling down at her but Somi could feel herself losing colour in her face. Her head spun as the new fact was dawned on her so suddenly but Jooheon was still showing her his white pearls as if that fact wasn't sending shivers down his spine in the way it was giving Somi chills.

"That means you need to get ready for a fancy suit and makeup newbie" Jooheon added another daunting fact to the growing list and Somi's eyes went wide once again, unblinking as she lay there stunned. She closed her eyes, taking in a breath and letting it out.

"Oh, fantastic" Somi rolled her eyes from behind closed lids, a deep breath escaping her.

"I wonder what they're gonna put us all in this year?" Minhyuk pondered and Kihyun gave an uncaring snort with his chin propped on his chin.

"Something inconvenient, just like every other year" Was his response and Minhyuk let out an airy chuckle, leaning back on his hands and crossing his stretched out legs at the ankle.

"Come on, we have more training to do" Jooheon shook Somi with a hand on her shoulder, but she swatted him away, rolling over and hiding her face in her crossed arms.

"Somi come on, let's go" Jooheon followed her, using both his hands on her back to shake her. Somi groaned, not wanting to get up and becoming annoyed by Jooheon's insistence. She scrunched up her face, pinching her eyes shut and squeezing her arms in refusal, denying the fact that she had to get up and train.

"Girl get your up off this grass and-Gahh!" Jooheon flew back from Somi as red and orange surrounded her, it disappeared as quickly as it came and Minhyuk and Kihyun looked in a stuper as Jooheon breathed in and out heavily, his eyes wide and his mouth open as he gaped at the girl in disbelief.

"Way to go and burn Mr Kim's grass" Kihyun scoffed, a hint of a smile on his lips as he watched Somi, who ignored his comment.

"Way to go and almost kill me!" Jooheon cried out, launching himself at Somi and landing on her as she cried out with the air escaping her lungs.

"Oh my god, Jooheon! Get off of me!" She croaked and Jooheon wrapped his arms around her, struggling to his knees and then to stand on his feet whilst clinging onto her.

"Great, you're up, now we can actually go and do some training" Minhyuk dusted his hands off on his pants, standing up and smiling at the pair, Kihyun stood to follow them and Somi struggled in Jooheon's arms as they began to walk.

"They might be the dumbest people I know" Kihyun mumbled to himself as Minhyuk scooped up Somi and Jooheon's bag from the ground.

"And now I'm trying to be their friend?"

------------

There was a knock on the door, confusion came over Somi and she stayed sitting crosslegged on the couch, just staring at the door as another knock echoed into the dorm. Realising that the knocking wouldn't stop just because she was ignoring it, she stood up, sliding over the floor with her socks until she had her hand on the door handle and was pulling it open, peeking through a small gap to look at who was knocking.

"How do you know where my dorm is?" Somi asked, pulling the door open and stepping into the doorway, crossing her arms as she leant on the door frame.

"Hello, I've come here before" Changkyun beamed instead of answering her and Somi blinked at him, unable to deny that fact, so she turned to look straight at Kihyun.

"Shut up we brought food" Kihyun deadpanned, holding up a plastic bag and Somi scoffed, rolling her eyes even though there was a small smile tugging at her lips as she did so.

"Why are you guys here?" She asked in a much nicer tone this time and Kihyun showed her a usb that had been hiding in his pocket. She narrowed her eyes at it and then looked up to Kihyun, not getting what he was trying to show her.

"We're here to teach you about the Great Race so pull out your laptop" He told her and Somi shuffled back to her living area. Changkyun and Kihyun slipped their feet out of their shoes, moving to follow her as Kihyun looked around the small space that Somi lived in. Somi was sitting back on her couch, her blanket held between her arms as she hugged it, looking up at them.

"How come you're here to show me this?" She questioned as Changkyun sat down next to her, taking the blanket from her arms and spreading it over his lap, ignoring the betrayed pout Somi was giving him because of his actions.

"Because, I figured you need to see what you're getting yourself into" Kihyun took the laptop from Somi's coffee table, opening it and hitting the power button before sitting in on her lap and plugging in the USB. Somi blinked, her eyes drifting over Kihyun's face as he focused on the screen of her laptop that was coming to life.

"Put your password in" He gestured and Somi blinked, turning back to her laptop and tapping her fingers over the keyboard, giving full access to her laptop. Kihyun went straight for the folder of his USB, scrolling down and clicking on a video that loaded.

"You need to see why Mr Kim says you need to train with Hoseok, you also need to see what you're going to be up against and how prepared you need to be" Kihyun turned the volume up on her laptop. Two men and a woman sat at a panel, talking animatedly about the Great Race between themselves, laughing as they looked toward the camera.

"Welcome to the live broadcasting of two thousand and sixteens Great Race"

"The day we have been waiting for is finally here and all of our contestants are getting ready as we speak" Somi kept her eyes on the screen, unable to blink as the screen changed, showing the location and the contestants that would be taking part in the race. They were clad in protective clothing, all of different ranges, colours and styles, and some had more on than others. Some of the contestants were wielding large weapons, getting makeup done and stretching. They were all kept in a large hall, filled with rooms, some on their own, but most in teams and Somi gulped when she saw the intimidating look of murder in their eyes. They all looked like they were ready for a battle, intimidating and rough, and a lot of them were yet to put on their costumes. There wasn't much joy on the scene, only that of the commentators that knew they wouldn't be stepping out on the battlefield for the race. Somi gulped as one of the men moved on to talk about highlights from the year before, videos of the action-packed moments displayed on her screen as she bit down on her lip in a habit of nervousness.

"They've made it into this big event that our world loves, wherever the venue is, they hook the place up with thousands of cameras so that they can so our every move during the race. There are microphones sewn into our clothing and they have commentators that will relay every move made until somebody wins. They'll give us guns and knives, swords and bow and arrows, whatever we want to use to destroy each other, they'll oblige and give it to us because it provides entertainment for them"

"They're just sending us out there to kill each other for entertainment" Somi breathed out and Changkyun nodded.

"Essentially"

"But what about the family of all these students that have to participate? Don't they hate it?" She questioned and Kihyun shrugged his shoulders.

"They tune in to watch, they had to take part in it before their children, so now they watch them fight, the pride I guess, can't say that I have experience with that stuff"

"And what about that speech we went to, what about what Bora said about stopping it all?" She looked at Kihyun and Changkyun, ignoring the screen in front of her now.

"That was meant to be a secret remember? If we joined, we would be rebelling" Changkyun stated and Somi went slack on the sofa, letting out a deep breath.

"This place is more sickening than I originally thought it was"

"Welcome to our would honey" Kihyun fell back beside her and she shot him a look of bitter disgust.

"Never call me that again" She commanded and Kihyun smirked, angling the screen of the laptop so they could see it from their slouched positions.

"No promises for that one" He snarked and Somi raised her hand to hit him.

"Pay attention, you have to be prepared for when you join in to" Changkyun grabbed Somi's arm and Somi grumbled, facing her screen again.

"Just give me some of that food while Hoseok isn't here to see it" She pointed to the bag of takeout Kihyun had sat down on her coffee table and Changkyun reached for it, peering in the bag and pulling out the containers within it.

"Don't say his name too loud, he'll hear you and come barreling through your door" Changkyun scoffed and Somi grumbled, her eyes on the laptop as she took the food Changkyun gave her.

"I don't have the money to pay for a new door"

"Exactly, so shut up and eat the food" Kihyun scoffed and Somi jabbed him with her elbow.

"Be grateful I allowed you into my home"

"Can we please just watch this?" Changkyun's pleading voice interrupted the two and they both looked at him, staring at Changkyun as he concentrated on the laptop. Slowly they turned to do the same and it went quiet between them.

 ------------

"What are they doing?" Somi asked, she walked alongside Hoseok, her face morphing into an expression of confusion as she looked out to the school oval that was now filled with targets and students.

"They're doing weaponry training" Hoseok expla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter