Two

Blood Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWO; DAY TWO OF HELL ARRIVES.

The day was finally over and Somi was relieved when she was able to shut the door to her dorm behind her and collapse on her bed. Her muscles that had been tense with first day nerves and stress the entire day finally relaxed and Somi realised just how tired she actually was. And then her stomach growled, making her aware of the ache of hunger in her stomach, she hadn't eaten much of the food she had packed herself for the day. The sleeping boy had sat up eventually, and he talked, unlike her introduction to the boy and Jinah had made her think, he also ate most of the grapes that her mother had sent on the bus with her, which she was saving for today. Somi gave him an ear chewing for not even asking to take the first two grapes he swiped from her container. But he only shrugged and stated he hadn't eaten anything today.

She didn't even know the lazy food stealing hypocrites name, but he ate all of her grapes and took swigs from her water bottle as if she hadn't just taken sips from it moments before to silence herself from snapping at him. And it irritated Somi, the girl wasn't one for danger and unnecessary injuries, so the fact that she didn't know what the boy across the table from her was capable of, kept her quiet. And now she was laying on her bed, staring at her ceiling and now taking note of the fact that all the food she had brought with her to her new home was eaten and she had nothing left to tame her hunger.

"I don't even know where the supermarket is in this town" Again, Somi hadn't gone that extra mile to make herself some friends, the guy in the library was an itch that she could tolerate, but she wasn't going to wander around campus trying to find him so that he could take her to the supermarket, she was on her own for this.

"Surely Google maps won't be hard to understand" Somi felt like she was in college, the school had its own hoodies with the school logo printed on the , they were for gym class and casual wear only so Somi slipped the hoodie over her head wishing that she could be wearing this one instead of the formal jacket that was part of the uniform to all of her classes. Somi grabbed her phone and her purse, blindly shutting and double checking the door was locked behind her as she tapped her fingers against the screen of her phone and made her way to the stairs. It was just habit for Somi, taking the stairs instead of the lift, walking to places that were not far rather than driving, it was a way she had grown up. Not that she had a car that would get her to the supermarket anyway.

Somi could only hope she was on the right track, the map on her phone was telling her she was going in the right direction, she was following the streets highlighted blue like her phone was directing her to. But there was that hidden anxiety the people passing by her couldn't see, the one of a young girl wandering through the streets of a city she had never been to before. Somi was told by her kind bus driver, that was quick to stop her from crying with his comforting words, that this town was like any other. It was filled with humans who thought this new school was filled with people requiring certain scorings in tests, but even then you had to be requested to attend, which wasn't entirely true, well the grades things wasn't. And even though there were humans all around her, there would be other immortal and supernatural creatures mingling with the public that would be able to sniff her out. Somi was somewhat informed that she wasn't alone, the bus driver told her that once they were out in public, regardless of your kind, if you weren't human, those she went to school with would help her if they sensed trouble, but when they were on the school grounds, it was either every beast for themselves or you merged with your own kind.

But Somi herself had no idea how to "sniff out" these fellow creatures from among the humans passing her on the streets, so she couldn't reach out for the help she internally wanted. There was also another thing that Somi didn't have, the knowledge of whether or not there were even any other wielders for her to mingle with within the school, she may very well and truly be on her own. Somi felt relief again for a small moment when the supermarket came into sight, but the relief was short lived when she entered the building, realising that she had never been here before and had zero idea of where things were within the shelves. Putting the phone in the front pocket of her hoodie where her purse was, grabbing a shopping cart and really entering the environment of the grocery store as people who were actually familiar with the place migrated around her, moving quicker than her confused figure paced through each aisle. There was literally nothing to eat at her new home for the next few years, so Somi was putting just about anything she saw into her shopping cart, an aura of discomfort and uncertainty surrounding her.

"You're not from here are you?" Somi had the audacity to jump out of her shopping daze to look at the awkwardly smiling face that had appeared next to her, wearing the same jumper as her, only bigger to fit his built frame.

"Is it that obvious?" Somi asked in a quiet voice and her new companion almost smiled at her with sympathy.

"You're acting like someones told you to present in front of the class on your first day, I could smell your nerves and confusion from the other side of the store" She was informed and Somi blinked at the boy beside her, picking out strawberry jam and putting it in the basket he held.

"Do you know what I am?" Somi opted for asking the fellow student, having to look up to see him nod, though he changed his mind to give a shrug.

"I know you aren't human, but it's been a long time since I've sensed a presence like yours, so I'm not entirely sure I'm correct if I were, to be honest"

"Well, what are you then?" Somi asked the boy and he stiffened, giving her a look of confusion as he took slow steps down the aisle. Somi moved to follow him, having to walk quickly to match his pace.

"Can you really not tell? I'm nothing rare or special"

"Well to be fair I've only known what I am and the fact that there are beings other than humans for less than a week, so you seem like any other human to me right now" Somi gruffed, feeling like she had to defend herself and she was looked at with shocked eyes, the boy had clearly never faced a situation like this before.

"How long?"

"Hm?" Somi hummed, looking off at the Nutella with wanting eyes.

"How long have you known what you are?" The male student asked and Somi turned to look at him, almost missing his quiet words again.

"Today marks the fourth day. Some Kihyun guy apparently pulled me back on my fated path and then two days later my parents moved me here, I moved into my dorm and showed up to class the next day" Somi shrugged, though it was one of discomfort, she was telling a random stranger about her recent life events when she hadn't even told anyone she did consider a friend.

"Wow" The other student almost chuckled, he followed Somi around the supermarket as she filled the smaller shopping cart with food, she knew everyone that she was going to school with would have incredible strength, so she figured the walk back to the dorms would be a good time to start working on her own.

"So, what are you?" Somi asked the question that had been left unanswered and she received a snort and a chuckle with creased brows looking at her.

"I believe the proper etiquette is to ask for my name first, don't you think newbie?"

"Well then, what's your name?" Somi asked, she felt the need to look away from the boy's smug smile, so she decided she should probably watch where she was walking.

"My name is Son Hyunwoo"

"Han Somi" She gave a curt smile, playing along when Hyunwoo offered his hand in a delayed handshake.

"So newbie, you done with your shopping?" Hyunwoo asked and Somi looked at the things she was going to buy.

"I guess this will do me for now, I can always come back if I desperately need anything"

"Good because I'm starving but I'm not rude enough to just leave you here" Hyunwoo sighed, rubbing his tummy to exaggerate the fact that he wanted food.

"Well, how kind of you sir" Somi bit sarcastically and Hyunwoo gave her one of his million dollar smiles.

"Let's just get out of here, shall we Miss newbie?"

------------

Hyunwoo hadn't been such a bad guy, Somi just didn't think she would be seeing more of him at school because she didn't even have to say anything for him to mention that he stuck to his own kind, the shapeshi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter