Twenty Four

Blood Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR; NEEDING HELP.

Why was the detention room so big? Was there always so many people in detention? Somi tried not to be embarrassed by the fact that she, among many, was sitting in the very room the principal said he didn't want to see her in. Mr Kim stood by the door to the room and there was another teacher by the window, female and clearly of importance if she too was standing in the room without being a witness to the big fight. Minhyuk sat on one said of Somi and Hyungwon sat on her opposite side, trying not to fall asleep as his wet uniform stuck to him like glue.

"Every year! Why is it that we go through this every year with all of you?" The principle bellowed, ensuring he was heard by everyone. Somi looked around the room and then down at her hands in her lap, biting on her bottom lip, she was cold and Minhyuk was shivering beside her. She swore they must have had the aircon going just to torture them, she could see other people shaking whilst some were completely unaffected by the cold air flowing through the room. Somi looked at Minhyuk and Hyungwon, Minhyuk's lips were changing colour and Hyungwon was hugging himself, trying to endure the lecture from the principle that seemed to be given out to them every year. She shivered, her whole body twisting in the seat, the gross feeling of moving in wet clothes following the action and that was the final straw for her.

"What are you doing?" Minhyuk hissed as Somi moved, leaning forward and pulling her bag into her lap.

"Do none of you have any self control? Why is it that I have to monitor the halls every year because none of you are mature enough to walk away from a fight?!"

"It's bloody freezing in here" She whispered back harshly, her fingers slowly ping her bag, trying not to alert the principle of her actions.

"You're not the only one suffering" Hyungwon grumbled and Somi shot a look in his direction, going back to her bag as Minhyuk watched her with his eyes squinted at her and the bag she was ping. Somi successfully opened her bag, with Minhyuk still judging her, and when it was open, she pulled out one of her notebooks, flicking past the cover and plucking a loose leaf page between her fingers. She let her bag slide back down to the floor as Minhyuk's eyes widened and Hyungwon was starting to become curious about what she was doing.

"No way"

"Somi, what are you doing?" And then the paper was on fire, a small ball of heat before them and Minhyuk leant back, his eyes still wide as his mouth fell open. Somi's hand, the one not covered in a flaming ball of paper, covered his mouth, stopping him from making any noise as her head flicked to narrow her eyes in his direction, warning him to stay quiet.

"I'm freezing my off in here, so shut up" She whispered harshly and a two second pause passed before Minhyuk nodded to show he would stay quiet.

"You can't be serious" Hyungwon scoffed out and Somi looked at him, but he moved closer, moving towards the warmth and leaning into her.

"Do you have to use the paper?" Minhyuk asked under his breath and Somi nodded.

"I don't have to keep the fire going myself if I use the paper, it's exhausting" She explained and Minhyuk hummed, scooting down in his seat and leaning towards the warmth of the fire.

"Don't let it go out" Somi handed her book of loose leaf papers to Hyungwon, her eyes on the principle at the front of the room as he ranted and raved at them angrily. Hyungwon let out a deep breath, his eyes blinking lazily as he the papers, he took two, scrunching them up and dropping them on Somi's hand. The flames went up, enough to go over Somi's head and elicit a scream from her. She quickly used her other hand to force the fire down until it was gone. Heads turned their way and the principle's voice cut off as the room went quiet and the three of them sat there, frozen as everyone looked at them.

"What seems to be the problem element wielder? Am I disturbing you?" Somi shook her head, her eyes going wide as she tried to find her words.

"N-No sir, not at all. I apologise" She sputtered out quickly and the principle eyed her, as well as Hyungwon and Minhyuk for several more seconds.

"Then please do not be a disturbance to me" His lips pursed and Somi nodded, her eyes looking down at the burnt papers in her hand.

"I understand sir" The lecture continued and Minhyuk and Somi turned their heads to look at Hyungwon.

"Not that many you tool!" Somi hissed under her breath, elbowing Hyungwon. He flinched, sitting up straight and narrowing his eyes at her.

"You told me not to let it go out, I did just that"

------------

"You've got detention?" Jooheon was laughing more than he should have been, Somi thought he would have sympathised with her, asked for an explanation and her side of the story. But instead he was shaking the table, slapping it and making the whole thing rattle loudly.

"Shut up Jooheon" Somi hissed, throwing a slice of cucumber his way, but he slapped that away from himself as well, still laughing as he used the same hand to point at Hyungwon and Minhyuk.

"These two, these two I can understand getting detention. But you? I thought you were my good little girl" He wheezed and Somi's expression went flat.

"Lee Jooheon I will kill you if I have to" She snarled but Jooheon was still suffering from a fit of giggles.

"Why were you even there?" Hyunwoo asked and Somi shrugged her shoulders, using her fork to flick another slice of cucumber at Jooheon.

"I was trying to get to my next class" She huffed out and Hyunwoo stared at her.

"You, what were you even doing there?" Somi leant forward so that she could see Hyungwon sitting at the other end of their table. Hyungwon looked up, chewing on his grapes slowly and swallowing before opening his mouth to talk.

"I was walking around" He breathed out, his shoulders moving up and down in the same way that she had done and Somi rose an eyebrow at him.

"You were walking around and decided to take part in a fight along the way?" She inquired and Hyungwon shrugged his shoulders another time.

"I was just a witness" He stated and Somi huffed out a breath that made the hair by her face float up and drift back down into place.

"At least I won't be alone in detention" She commented under her breath and Hoseok looked up.

"Excuse me, you have a race to be training for and that is your concern? Don't think I will be letting you off any easier for this" He scoffed, looking back down at his salad, and reaching for his energy drink. Somi's face scrunched up and she pushed her tray forward, making room for her head to fall on the table.

"I don't feel like I should sympathise with you" Hyunwoo put his hand on her back and Somi grunted, making her body jostle as she shut her eyes, moving her head to curl up in her folded arms.

"Just do it" She muttered tiredly and Hyunwoo moved his hand in circles on her back, attempting to comfort her.

"At least none of them killed you?" He spoke unsurely and Somi's eyes snapped open, lazily moving to look at Hyunwoo.

"Thanks for trying Hyunwoo"

"You're welcome"

------------

"I know, I've got the perfect plan for that piece of " Somi was irritated, all she wanted was a peaceful place to get some of her homework done before she really fell behind in her class. But of course, everywhere she went, other students had to be occupying the place, doing anything but studying or shutting their mouths.

"What have you got?" Another voice spoke up, too loud for Somi's liking, and she felt her temper pulsing through her veins, urging her body to do something about the annoying students at the table in front of her.

They've got their back to you, they won't see it coming.

The little devil on her shoulder whispered and she shook her head, looking back down and putting her nose into her books again. Changkyun looked at Somi, sensing the negative aura that was surrounding her as she fidgeted in her chair.

"Are you ok?" He asked her and Somi looked back up, meeting his stare and nodding.

"Yeah, fine" She looked back down to her books without her usual smile and Changkyun bit down on his lip in worry.

"We'll just do what we did last time, we'll throw stuff at him, demand for him to put it all away because why should we have to? And then when he tries to refuse, we can trap him in one of those ball bags, tie it shut and beat him to a pulp, just like we all want to" Changkyun's ears twitched, the words of the group behind him sparking more concern within him. Somi looked up, her eyes going to the backs of the same students and Changkyun eyed her reaction to them.

"He's a shapeshifter, he'll use that to get out of it"

"Exactly, that won't matter, whatever animal he is, he'll just be trapped in the bag, he won't hinder the plan" Somi's eyes widened, as did Changkyun's. He didn't know the entire story, but after hearing their plan against a shapeshifter, he could only bet it was himself or one of the six other shapeshifters that he knew that would be at the brunt of this plan.

"Hyungwon" Somi breathed out and Changkyun's eyes fluttered, his face contorting into confusion.

"Huh?"

"Hyungwon, it's Hyungwon they're going to do that to, they're the ones that were trying to force him to pack away the gym equipment for them. I should have known" Somi's hand slammed down on the table, the pencil in her grip could be heard cracking and Changkyun leant back, moving away from her.

"That's not good" Changkyun shook his head and Somi's eyes narrowed.

"Something has to be done to stop them" Somi began to pack her things away, nevermind studying, one of her friends was at risk.

"So that's our plan?"

"Sounds good to me" The other table broke out in cheers and laughter and Somi felt herself going red in the face.

"Well, what are you gonna do then?" Somi stood up, the chair she was sat in shoved back with a screech and she stepped forward. Changkyun followed her actions and she kicked her chair back under the table, clenching her hands in tight fists.

"It's time to ask Hyunwoo for a favour" She stalked off and Changkyun ran after her, bolting down the stairs and speedwalking to match her pacing out of the library.

"Why don't you just call him?" He questioned and Somi huffed.

"Because I don't have his number"

"Oh" Changkyun breathed out. They marched up and down the school campus, Somi's eyes narrowed in search of Hyunwoo as they dodged other students and shoved through doors. Somi slammed another classroom door open, looking into the room and grunting in annoyance, one lone student jumped out of her seat, catching herself before she fell to the ground as Somi marched away with Changkyun gently shutting the door after her. They rounded a corner, rushing down the stairs and onto the next floor. Somi stormed down the hall of the first floor, swinging the doors to the gymnasium open and looking around again. A ball travelling over the court could be heard and she followed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter