Three

Blood Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER THREE; AN INTERESTING CHARACTER.

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance” There was now a male student, taller than herself standing in front of Somi, bowing politely when he offered her his hand.

"Nice to meet you too, do you feel better now?" Somi asked and the boy nodded hurriedly.

"Oh yes, that breather really gave my lungs the time they needed to recover from almost giving out"

"So, Mr Kim never actually told me your name" Somi bit her lip, feeling awkward at having to ask her new 'friend' their name. She was met with a face of shock that she had seen many movie stars demonstrate when they were betrayed, followed by a loud gasp.

"I feel so disrespected right now! Mr Kim trusts me with such a big favour yet he can't even tell you my name?!" Somi chuckled, looking at Mr Kim, the male student was glaring at with his arms crossed over his chest.

"So, what is the name of the one Mr Kim trusts?" Somi asked.

"My name is Lee Changsub, nice to meet you Somi" They were shaking hands again and Somi was giggling.

"What a pleasure it is to make your acquaintance Changsub" Somi laughed and Changsub shook his head.

"Let's go sit over on the bleachers and then you can tell me what it is Mr Kim needs me to help you with" Changsub pointed over Somi’s shoulder and she spun around, seeing bleachers made out of rows of a metal seat that they were both happy to be seating themselves on.

"So, what has earnt you the delight of my company Somi?" Changsub was all smiles, filled with joy Somi figured, but she could only sigh as she rung her hands in her lap.

"Well, I'm an element wielder" Somi started and Changsub's eyes widened as if he hadn't been listening to the introduction she gave to the class.

"And you wield two elements that I think are really cool" Changsub added, so he had been listening. Somi nodded, looking down at her hands nervously.

Why am I so embarrassed to say this?

"I need help controlling my elements, I don't know how to, do you call it summoning? I don't know how to use them at will" Somi rushed out and Changsub gave her shoulder a nudge, resting his hands on his knees when he leant forward so that he could look at her eyes that were cast down to her hands.

"Ah don't worry about it, we've all been there at one point. You said you're new to this kind of thing right? It's expected for you not to know what to do"

"I've been told that, but part of me says that these are my elements and I should know what to do with them, seeing everyone else walking around with full knowledge of what they are, with such pride, it sort of makes me want to have that too" There, she had said it, the outcasted feeling and the lack of being an equal that had bothered her, she finally told someone a little of what she was feeling and couldn’t fully admit to until this current moment.

"Hey, I know it can be upsetting, but don't let it get to you so much, the people here have all gone through an identity crisis of their own before. You're not as alone as you think you are, there are heaps of friendly people here that will take you under their wing, you just got to find those people" Changsub tried his best to reassure Somi. So Somi sat and listened to Changsub, taking in his every word as he told her that this place isn't so bad, he told her all about his magic and how he struggled for several years before he could cast a perfect spell. It gave her a little hope that one day she would feel the same satisfaction that she could see Changsub felt.

"I just never look forward to P.E, I'm a spellcaster, so what if I can't run a couple of laps? It’s not like I have some animal inside of me begging for a rush of adrenaline. If I’m ever attacked I’ll scream out a spell that will eliminate the danger instantly" Somi chuckled, nodding in agreement.

"And I'm an element wielder, I guess I don't need that sort of thing either"

"Exactly! All you need to focus on right now is your centre, and I promise it isn't as hard as the movies make it out to be, finding your centre is probably the easiest bit actually. Let's go somewhere quiet, I'll take you back to the gym so that all the noise out here won't distract you, and then once you’ve got it under control, you can fly away from any danger" Somi nodded, watching Changsub bounce down the rows of seats and jog over to Mr Kim, telling the teacher that they would be going to a more peaceful place. Somi saw Mr Kim nod and she picked her bag up again, waiting for Changsub to come back to her side before the two of them left for the quiet of the gym.

"You're staring at the new girl" Jooheon snorted, the form of a playful wolf disappearing into a young man in front of Kihyun, who scoffed and waved a hand at Jooheon, signalling for him to leave him alone.

"I was scoping her out, get your nose out of my business Jooheon"

"I was just scoping her out" Jooheon mimicked Kihyun, who turned to him with a sharp glare, the arm of a tiger swiped at him and Jooheon ducked to avoid the large paw.

"You've got some serious chilling out to do"

Somi sat with her legs crossed on the wooden floor of the gym. Changsub sat in front of her, his bag in his lap with his arms hugging it close as he smiled at her. Somi was nervous, her shoulders tense and her back straight as they sat across from each other, Changsub seemed as if he had not a care in the world, maybe his head was in the clouds, Somi had a friend like that back home, one of those people who looked like they were always high and didn't fully understand the situation. Now Somi was frowning, because she wanted to know how Yixing was doing, was he still struggling with certain words? Were the others using his clueless personality for their entertainment to much? Chanyeol hadn't hurt himself by hitting his head too hard, had he? Kyungsoo and Minseok weren't letting the noisy people in their class push them around were they?

"Don't be so worried, everything is fine" Changsub cut into Somi's thoughts when he saw her brows getting close to becoming one and her lips curving down. Changsub himself didn't realise his words sedated some of her worry for her friends, they were young adults, they could look after themselves and she had to remember that.

"It's really not that hard, it's kind of like meditating but instead of clearing your mind, your going into your mind to find something that stands out to you, which will be your elements, it'll be like a core within you. For myself, for example, when I look for my core, I find rows of bottles holding different materials of colours, I don't know exactly what each contains, but its all the different components that make me a spellcaster" Somi nodded at his description and Changsub raised his hands, pinching something in the air and pulling down, as if he were closing a shop after a long day.

"So now you have to close your eyes and look for your centre" Somi did as she was told and the world around her went silent as Changsub watched her with patience. Brief thoughts whirled by her, her parents delight when they sent her off, when she broke the news to her friends, their tears that they shed finding out the news and the tears they bit back on their last day together. Joonmyeon crying both times despite promising he wouldn't, the layout of her dorm and the worried thoughts of finding her own way around such a big school. It was like walking down a busy shop filled to the brim, she began losing focus and began to be unable to place what it was that was swirling through her mind, because things were moving too quickly.

"Fire and gravity" A voice echoed and for a moment Somi mistook it for being one of her friend's voices.

"Are you finding anything?” Changsub asked in a gentle voice, so that he wouldn't pull her too far from her thoughts.

"Things are starting to move too quickly for me to understand what they are" Somi told him.

"That's a good thing, it means your thoughts are moving out of the way for you to find what you're really looking for" Again, there was silence and Somi felt as if she were in a maze, but something was moving her without her will, or was it the thoughts around her moving? Somi couldn't tell what was happening until things began to slow down, the change of pace wasn't noticeable at first, Somi only realised everything had stopped flas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter