Four

Blood Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER FOUR; FEELINGS OF LONELINESS.

When Somi thought back to her dinner invite last night, she could say that she enjoyed it, she could also say that Minhyuk and Sungjae, who she had met at the restaurant, were also very nice. And though they were all welcoming, Somi wasn't so sure that they were all going to be her best of friends, for some reason, the rest of her school life could only be imagined alone. But Somi couldn't really think of that right now, she was tired and grumpy after having to wake up for another day of classes. It had come to that time of the week again where she would be attending her history class, with her blunt teacher and a whirlwind of creatures and stories that were all to mind blowing for her to fully take in.

It seems Somi's mood could only get worse. When she finally entered the classroom and made her way towards her seat, she found that her seat partner was back, and she wasn't impressed when she saw who it was.

"Good morning newbie, how are the spellcasters treating you?" Oh Jooheon, the poor boy, he couldn't have picked a worse time to try and get on her nerves, not when Somi was already grumpy about being out of bed. Somi grunted, not answering Jooheon's question as she sat down, took her books out of her bag and then let her head drop on those books, closing her eyes and letting her bag drop from her hand and onto the floor.

"Aw, is someone not a morning person?"

"Does someone not know when to be quiet?" Somi found herself faking a cheery tone in the same way Jooheon was speaking to her, she turned her head so that she wouldn't have to look at Jooheon and brought her arms up on the table so that she could hug her books and close her eyes as she let out a sigh. Jooheon only laughed in return and Somi found her eyebrows trying to touch as she contemplated how one person could possibly be so full of joy at this time of day

"Wow, you really aren't a morning person" Jooheon kept going, it was as if he didn't know how to stop. Thankfully, not only did Somi know how to shut up, she was also too tired to form any sort of response.

What am I even meant to say to that anyway?

"Heads up young ones, you're not the only one that's tired here" Somi figured Mr Kyung was stating that he also didn't want to be here this morning, but it appeared it was a legal requirement for everyone. So with groans, heads were raised, with Somi being one of the slower ones.

"Where're you from newbie?"

"I don't see how that is important for you to know" Somi answered bluntly, the note taking had started and though she was drained and didn't want to take notes, she also didn't want to talk to anyone.

"I'm just trying to make conversation, newbie"

"Well, how about you try and pay attention to what's being said up front?" Somi hissed and Jooheon shook his head, turning to face her as he put his elbow down on his desk and let his chin rest on his open palm, not hiding his stare on her or the fact that he was being creepy first thing in the morning.

"Nah, that's not interesting" Somi was missing her friends, if she was back home, attending her classes with them, then surely they would have talked to her, but they would have let her do her work and do their own as well. The feeling of being homesick passed through her, churning her stomach and clenching her heart, she visibly cringed at the feeling it gave her, having ignored Jooheon's response.

"What's wrong newbie?" Jooheon asked and Somi shook her head.

"I just don't feel too well," Somi told him in a low voice, putting her hand through her hair and then resting her head on the open hand, biting on her lip as she copied down what Mr Kyung was writing on the board.

"Here" Somi looked up, sitting up straight and blinking as Jooheon put a bottle of lemonade in front of her.

"What's this?" Somi scrunched up her face and turned to Jooheon.

"Come on, I'm not just a massive pain in the . Your stomach is churning, right? Have some lemonade, that and mineral water helps calm it down" Jooheon turned away from her then and Somi continued to watch him as he actually picked up his pen and began taking notes, not looking back at her when Somi frowned.

"Thank you" Opening the bottle made the usual hiss of the gas pronouncing itself to the classroom but no one seemed to pay attention to it, and Mr Kyung only sent a look in her direction that told her to keep it down, too tired to continue to pretend to care about what his students were doing like he had when he first entered the room. It was when Somi looked away bashfully when Mr Kyung rolled his eyes that she saw it, on the other side of the room in the row behind her, a student sat at his desk, in his own world with a carton of milk, box of cereal, a bowl and a spoon that milk dropped from as he scooped his breakfast into his mouth. The student's desk partner was eating dry cereal out of the box and with another sigh, Somi faced the front and put the bottle to her lips.

"This place is weird" She muttered before gulping down the fizzy drink and Jooheon let out a quiet snort, not disagreeing with her quiet statement.

------------

Somi wouldn't say she was the nicest person out there, there were people with bigger hearts than the one she owned, but she felt like the guy who had helped her lug her groceries home deserved some sort of thank you for his kindness. Since the day he had helped her, Somi hadn't seen Hyunwoo, she had started her second week in the new school and not once had they crossed paths. Somi had concluded that Son Hyunwoo was either very good at lying under the radar, or he hadn't really gone to this school, which was far fetched when she took into consideration the conversation they had and the matching jumper that he wore, with their school logo printed on it.

Though it was relieving and filled Somi with delight, it was a shock when Somi found Hyunwoo sitting alone in the canteen after not seeing him around campus this whole time, she couldn't believe she had found him in such a predictable and regulated spot. Somi hadn't been sure how to thank Hyunwoo for what he did for her but when she turned to find Hyunwoo standing in the same line as her, she figured she may as well do a good deed.

"Oh uhm, don't mind me" She gave an awkward smile to the student that was in line behind her, she stood to the side, her tray in her hands and her card sitting next to the chips that had a delicious smell wafting towards her and almost making her drool.

"Is there something else you need?" One of the ladies working in the canteen had asked her and Somi shook her head, nodding towards the line.

"I'm waiting for someone to get their lunch" She answered and the lady turned away with a sigh. Somi didn't comment on the lack of delight the ladies at the canteen seemed to feel, it was none of her business, just like how she ignored the people in line that looked at her with frowns because what she was doing was none of their business.

"I didn't realise you liked to spend your breaks standing in front of a line of hungry students" Somi looked up, having blanked out whilst staring at the food that sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter