Ten

Blood Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TEN; ABOUT HER.

"No amount of money could make me do that" Somi shook her head, peeling away the paper from her muffin and preparing to take an awaited bite out of it. But a hand snatched it from her, much to her disgust and she was snarling before even looking at the owner of the hand. Jooheon ignored the fierce look in her eyes, sitting her chocolate muffin on his lunch tray and Somi tried to snatch it back, to which Jooheon slid his tray out of her reach and provoked another snarl from her.

"Look, all I'm saying is try and talk to the others, Kihyun will warm up to you, admittedly it will take longer to crack Hoseok but he seems to want to surround you in his passive nature so that's a start. Minhyuk is nice too and Hyunwoo even sits with us!"

"Only because he's waiting for me to ask him for a favor" Somi grumbled and Jooheon clicked his fingers, pointing at her with both hands.

"Exactly, so keep him waiting, reel him in and then boom you have a friend! That's one down now you just have to crack the others"

"Why are you doing this Jooheon?" Somi asked the boy sitting across the table from her and Jooheon shrugged but the light didn't fade from his eyes.

"You're a new kid, you don't need to be a loner like us, so maybe it would be better to talk to those guys and give them a friend"

"They seem perfectly happy without friends Jooheon" Somi huffed out but Jooheon wasn't listening to her.

"It's no fun spending your school life alone, I know that so the others must be bored to death or at least a little lonely on their own-"

"Jooheon that's sweet of you but I don't think any of us are looking for friends"

"Since you don't have friends and that stuff-"

"Jooheon" Somi rolled her eyes, she stopped him from talking by putting a hand over his mouth, knowing that Jooheon wouldn't shut up otherwise.

"Look," Somi looked around, tucking her bottom lip between her teeth, she looked around to avoid the stare that Jooheon was putting on her just like she had told him to, surprisingly, he was obedient to her words since she started talking to him.

"Mhm" Jooheon muffled from behind her hand and Somi let out a deep breath, taking her hand away and sitting back in her seat.

"I consider you my friend, ok?" Somi hummed, looking away again in embarrassment, fiddling with the eating tools she was supplied with as her teeth nipped at her lower lip nervously.

"You do? You consider me to be your friend?" Came Jooheon's voice in a hopeful tone so Somi looked back at him hesitantly, there was a strange brightness to his eyes and a smile on his face that Somi couldn't bear to crush if she had chosen to lie to him in the first place.

"Well yeah" Somi nodded, she shrugged her shoulders, picking up her phone and tapping away to keep herself busy.

"I guess I have for a couple of weeks now" She told Jooheon honestly and the shapeshifter gaped at her with wide eyes and an open mouth.

"A couple of weeks? Why didn't you tell me?!" Jooheon leaned over the table to stun Somi by grabbing her by the shoulders to give her a shake, the look of betrayal and accusation fresh in his eyes.

"I thought you could tell!" Somi argued back with a tense body and a frown. Jooheon released her, letting out a big breath of air as he fell back in his seat

"Huh" Jooheon chuckled after they sat in a few minutes of silence and Somi looked at Jooheon, anticipating whatever dumb thing he might say this time.

"Well, I guess now we both have our first friend at school" Jooheon gave a single nod and Somi smiled at him, nodding as well and she let out a small chuckle.

"Congratulations Jooheon"

"Oh thanks" Jooheon beamed, causing Somi to chortle.

"So, does this mean we can exchange our social medias now?" Jooheon asked, leaning forward on the table. His eyes were owlishly wide eyes they pleaded with Somi and the girl shrugged, handing her phone over to Jooheon. Jooheon took his own phone from his pocket, unlocking it and presenting it to Somi.

"I don't see why not, friend"

-----------

"It's my friend" Jooheon beamed, walking over to Somi the very next day in their health class and she smiled, uncrossing her arms so that she could wave at Jooheon.

"Friend?" Eunkwang whispered as he and Changsub stared at Jooheon who went straight into telling Somi a story about Hyungwon. Mr Kim had started talking, and with the way Jooheon was rattling on to her, Somi hadn't even noticed him or the way Eunkwang and Changubs had stood up, separating themselves from the pair until another student bumped into Somi, taking her attention and causing her to look around for the two spellcasters.

"You gotta trust me, he'll be like the second easiest to crack" Jooheon promised her and Somi sighed, shaking her head and slouching her shoulders.

"Jooheon you're my friend, I don't need another one-"

"Miss Han and Mr Lee, you two seem to be enjoying your conversation, how would you like to continue it with eight laps instead of five?" Mr Kim proposed with no room for argument in his loud voice.

"Three extra?" Somi gasped under her breath, bowing as Jooheon stood beside her.

"Jooheon" She forced him down with a hand on his back, disgruntling Jooheon greatly.

"Damn it Somi" He hissed, standing straight and shoving her with both hands. Somi returned the shove and Jooheon pinched her, leaving Somi gaping at him as he giggled, running away from her.

"Don't think you can just leave me to do eight laps on my own Lee Jooheon" Somi snarled, rushing to catch up to him, slapping him on the back when they were at the same running pace.

"Hey, it gives us more time to talk" Jooheon shrugged as if they weren't just bickering and Somi huffed, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, because we both know you love to do that" Jooheon didn't refute that comment because he knew he would be lying if he tried to, so he nudged Somi, nodding in the direction of an incoming Minhyuk.

"How did you even know he was approaching?" Somi grumbled when she looked over her shoulder, only to look ahead and act like she hadn't just made eye contact with Minhyuk.

"My spidey senses told me so" Jooheon earnestly nodded and Somi scoffed.

"Good morning Minhyuk!" Jooheon beamed when the other male made it to his side and Minhyuk nodded, not breaking his blunted expression.

"Morning Jooheon" He was kind enough to reply and Jooheon looked to his left at Somi, giving her a pointed look that she ignored. So Jooheon elbowed her, making her hiss as she glared at him. Jooheon gave her the look again, nodding to Minhyuk on his opposite side and mouthing a 'do it now' to Somi that had her rolling her eyes.

"Moning Minhyuk" Somi breathed out, giving her eyes another roll and looking forward again.

"Morning newbie" Minhyuk curtly replied, Somi believed he should have been running ahead of them by now, like Kihyun, who seemed to think he was getting under their skin as he dashed past them with his feet stomping in a rhythm quicker than the three of them, he seemed to be enjoying the thought of irritating them. But the three of them only watched as he used up his energy to sprint through his five laps and get them over with.

"I don't get him" Somi sighed the second time that Kihyun raced past them, seeing him run so dedicatedly didn't spark any need for her to compete against his speed like he was probably hoping for, it just elicited sighs with each of his appearances.

"He's a strange one" Jooheon nodded in agreement whilst Minhyuk stayed silent.

Soon it was just the two of them. Minhyuk finished his five laps and so did the rest of the class, so Somi punched Jooheon in the arm, finally moving past an easy jog to get away from him when she saw the fire in his eyes. Jooheon chased her and Somi looked over her shoulder,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter