Romantic Time, Perhaps?

The Girl with Red Ribbon Hair Band
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyun-kyung!" Daeyeol shouted as he runs to her. He cuddles her and Hyun-kyung pushes him before asking, "Are you always like this?"

"Yea," Daeyeol replied, "Only for you."

"Gosh..." They walk around Hongdae buying things and do different things there. Well, most of the time they go shopping and Hyun-kyung is actually forced to go with him because she doesn't want to get kissed by him again. Daeyeol asks Hyun-kyung while they are walking, "Why do you want to stay at my place all of the sudden?"
Hyun-kyung eats her cotton candy and replied, "Why? Can't I?"

"No... I am curious. that's all." Hyun-kyung replied, "You'll see. Do you like with your brother only?"

"My parents are there as well." Hyun-kyung nods and they stop at a bus stop. Daeyeol eats some of the snack they bought and a blue bus arrives. They get on board and Daeyeol scans the card. The two of them stand and hold the bars as the bus starts to move after a minute. Daeyeol holds Hyun-kyung firmly and Hyun-kyung looks at him. Innocence can be seen from her eyes for the first time and Daeyeol smiles as he saw her eyes. Hyun-kyung looks at her feet and Daeyeol said, "You still wear the hair band."

"It's my brother's gift. I wear it everyday," Hyun-kyung replied as she looks at the window. Daeyeol takes out his phone and checks the time. He sighs heavily and Hyun-kyung feels like her heart suddenly pumps rapidly every time he is there. He makes her heart pump harder and Hyun-kyung knows what is it, but she wants to deny the fact. She wants to change her destiny and doesn't want to be invovle with the thing called love. For her, love is an experiment and she wants to fail that experiment. She wants Daeyeol to give up on her. Daeyeol looks at her worriedly and asked, "Are you okay?"

Hyun-kyung nods and- "I'm happy that I'm seeing this different side of you."

"What's the difference?" Hyun-kyung asked him. Daeyeol replied, "You look more beautiful like this."

"Shut up." No, don't shut up. Why did I even say that. Daeyeol, just talk to me more. Don't stop talking. You're saving me from this hell hole I build by myself. Pull me out with your words and make me fall in love with you. Please, don't give up, Hyun-kyung's sane mind said. Daeyeol nods and said, "I think my parents will like you."
"I'm not going to like you at all," Hyun-kyung replied. Daeyeol sighs heavily and for an hour, they get off from the bus and walk back to Daeyeol's house.

 

"Daeyeol!" Daeyeol runs to his mother and they hug each other. Hyun-kyung roll her eyes and Daeyeol's mother saw her. She breaks the hug and asked, "Who is she?"

Daeyeol looks at Hyun-kyung and replied, "Ah... her name is Ko Hyun-kyung. I think Sungyeol hyung already told you a few times."

Hyun-kyung walks to them and bows before saying, "My name is Ko Hyun-kyung."

"You're so different from what Sungyeol had told me," Daeyeol's mother replied and Sungyeol walks down the flight of stairs. He saw her and- "You said she is a bully, Sungyeol. She looks nice to me."

"Mom," Sungyeol groans as he approaches her. He said, "She hurt Daeyeol in his first day of school."

"Oh come on. Even if she is one, at least Daeyeol can study at school. He may be hurt but he looks so fond with her," Daeyeol's mother replied as she looks at Hyun-kyung with a smile form on her pink lips. Daeyeol nods eagerly and said, "Hyun-kyung is unpredictable. That's what I like about my friend."

Hyun-kyung sighs in annoyance and Daeyeol's mother laughs before saying, "I thought you two are dating."

"Mom!" Daeyeol looks away and Hyun-kyung replied, "No we are not dating, Mrs. Lee. Plus, I don't want to be his friend."

"Aw... is it too shy to admit that my son is a good friend?" Mrs. Lee teased. Hyun-kyung shakes her head and replied, "N-no! I don't even want to be his friend in the first place."

"But honestly- Mom," Sungye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter