Chapter 2

A Wolf's Journey

After a few days they reached Washington state, stopping at a rest stop to stretch their legs. Kisu hummed as he sat on a park bench, waiting on Cory to come out of the bathroom.

"How much longer?" Asked Jisung. "A few more hours," said Kisu as he looked up at the sky. "Getting impatient already?" He asked, laughing some. "Yes," admitted Jisung. "I've been waiting since we left Jun's house," he whined as he flopped down on the mattress.

"Is that thing even comfortable?" Kisu muttered as he looked around. "More comfortable than the couch," said Jisung as he shrugs. "Yet you somehow still fall off the mattress," said Kisu as he checked his phone. Jisung huffed as he rolled over onto his side.

"Did you wait for long?" Asked Cory as he walked over. "No," said Kisu as he turned to look at Cory. "I've been entertained," he said, chuckling some. "Glad to know you are entertained," Jisung said with sarcasm. Kisu chuckled and shook his head. "He wants out, do you mind?" He asked. "Nah," said Cory. "As much as I enjoy your company it'd be nice to have someone else around for a change," he said. Kisu snorts and got up, stretching. "Yeah yeah," he said, going to change in the hiking trail just to the side of the restrooms.

Jisung came back, with Kisu finding a comfortable spot in the meadow. "How much longer?" He asked. "Not too much longer," said Cory as he headed to the jeep with Jisung following after him. "Should probably change into a hoodie or something," he said. "You know, since it's gonna be cold," he said. "I didn't think of that," said Jisung before he made a beeline to the restrooms, with Kisu laughing in his mind.

"Did the fact that I was wearing a jacket not give you any indication?" Asked Kisu as he laid down, staring up at the buildings that were part of his mind. "Oh shut up," grumbled Jisung as he got into a stall in the men's restroom. He let his illusion drop before putting one up with him wearing a black hoodie, a pair of black ripped jeans and a pair of sneakers.

He left the restroom and went back out to the jeep, where Cory was waiting. "Ready?" Asked Cory. "Sure," said Jisung. Cory got into the driver's seat with Jisung getting in the passenger seat. After a bit Cory started the jeep and backed out of his parking spot before driving off, continuing to their destination.

A few hours later they finally pulled up to Minhyun's pack house, Cory honking the horn to let them know they were here. Minhyun came out of the house, nodding to Cory and Jisung. "I assume someone sent you here," he said. "Yeah, Yoongi wanted to check on JR," said Cory as he got out of the jeep. "Ah, he's in Seattle right now, local mission," said Minhyun as he scratched the back of his head. "Come on in," he said before heading back inside. Cory and Jisung headed inside after Minhyun.

"Oh," said Aron as he saw them. "You're Hongseob's old packmate then?" He asked. "Yeah," said Cory as he scratched the back of his head. "Jisung, Kisu and I have decided to become nomadic for the time being," he said. "Jimin's been a huge pain to deal with," said Jisung as he shrugs. "Right," said Aron as he nodded. "JR should be back tonight," he said. "JB, mind showing them to their room?" Called Minhyun. JB came into the livingroom and nodded. Jisung and Cory headed followed JB into the room they'd be sleeping in. "Here," said JB before he left them to their own devices.

Cory looked around the room as Jisung flopped down on the bed. "Ah, a real bed!" Said Jisung. Cory chuckled some. "Let's go and unpack then," he said before leaving the room. Jisung followed after him.

"I kinda wanna go see the 'shifters," Jisung said as he helped unpack the jeep. Cory hummed in response. "We can't though," he said. "Well, we can't go to their territory," he said. "But we can see them at the border to their territory," he said.

"You can," said Minhyun as he went into the room to see how they were doing. "Just stay on our side of the territory," he said. "Jisung and them are kind of on the fence with protecting the place since they're not bound there but they get paid for it apparently since all their native 'shifters are dead," he said. "You'll know it's them when you see giant wolves," he said. Cory nodded. "We'll send someone after you when JR gets home," said Minhyun before he left the room.

"Well, let's go then," said Jisung once they were done. "Sure," said Cory as he chuckled some. They headed out. "Oh! Watch out for a vegetarian vampire roaming the woods, we leave him alone because he hunts animals but," called Aron. "Got it," Cory called back.

"Kisu's been quiet," said Cory as they walked into the forest. "Sleeping," said Jisung. "He fell asleep after we left Seattle," he said. "Ah," said Cory before he stripped and changed, shaking out his fur. Jisung let his illusion drop, shaking out his fur. They both run off, heading towards where they thought the borders between territories were.

They find the vampire perched up in a tree using the leaves to stay out of the rain. "Oh, hello," said the vampire as he looked down and saw Cory and Jisung who were looking up at him. "I was not aware I'd have some new visitors," he said. "The 'shifters are over there," he said, pointing.

"I'm Chani by the way," he said, flashing his fangs in a grin. "The other werewolves won't let me near but they leave me alone," he said, hopping down. Jisung looked towards the border, seeing three giant wolves standing at the border, watching Chani.

"They've been watching me all afternoon, I only wanted to get out of the rain," Chani said with a sigh. "Whatever, I need to hunt, bye," he said before using his vampire speed to run away, going to find a deer or something. Cory and Jisung were left to face the 'shifters, wondering what they were going to do.