Chapter 3

A Wolf's Journey

The 'shifters move back out of view as Chani had left, causing Jisung to take a step towards the border but he was stopped by Cory as he let out a growl. Jisung put up his human illusion and turned to Cory. "I don't even know if we're next to the border or not," he said, pouting. Cory growled in response, shaking his head. "Fine," said Jisung as he sighed, dropping his illusion and running off, with Cory following after him.

They soon came upon another wolf 'shifter and a red haired vampire who were talking to the vampire they knew as Chani. "Ah, must be exploring," said Chani as he noticed them. "Jaehwan why don't you go ahead and head to see the others," he said turning to the giant wolf. Jaehwan snorts, nudging the red haired vampire before he ran off, heading to the reservation.

"Hope they don't mind me getting a visitor," said Chani as he looked at Jisung then at Cory. "I guess we'll find out," said the red haired vampire. "Careful Zuho, they got vampire hunters," said Chani. "'Shifter law," said Zuho as he shrugs. "They've tolerated me so far," said Chani.

"Where's the rest of Jaehwan's pack?" He asked as he turned to Zuho. "They split when we went through Colorado," said Zuho as he shrugs. "Said something about not wanting to face Jisung again after the big falling out they had," he said. "Could've stayed with Daniel and his rag tag bunch," said Chani. "We could've but Jaehwan wanted to check on Jisung so," said Zuho as he shrugs.

"These guys are talking loudly," groaned Kisu as he sat up, stretching. Jisung snorts but turned to Cory who sat down, scratching at the floor. "Ah, sorry," said Chani as he scratched the back of his head. "We'll get going," he said, running off using his vampire speed. Zuho took one last look at them before following after Chani.

"We couldn't reveal who we were to them could we?" Asked Jisung as he put up his human illusion. "No," said Kisu as he got up and stretched. "Can I be let out?" He asked. "Sure," said Jisung before he changed, with Kisu standing in his place. Cory snorts and shook his head. They headed back to where Cory had taken off his clothes and he changed, putting the clothes on before walking back to the house with Kisu.

"Welcome back, we were about to send someone out to find you," said Minhyun. "We were heading back anyway, Jisung got his curiosity fulfilled," said Kisu as he scratched the back of his head. "Ah, they were waiting at the border again weren't they? I got a call from them earlier," said Minhyun. "Yeah," said Cory. "Also welcome back Kisu," said Minhyun. "Thanks," said Kisu as he scratched the back of his head. "JR should be home in an hour, go and rest up, and I'll call you down for dinner," said Minhyun. Kisu nodded and headed into their temporary room with Cory.

"Oh," said Cory as he went to see Minhyun. "We ran into the vampire a bit earlier, he has a visitor," he said. "A visitor you say?" Asked Minhyun. "Aron!" He called. "Yes?" Asked Aron as he walked over. "Our resident vegetarian has a visitor," said Minhyun. "Ah?" Asked Aron as he tilted his head to the side. "Can't do anything," said Cory. "'Shifter law and things," he said. "Right," said Aron. "I'll keep an eye out then," he said. "He's got bright red hair," said Cory. "You won't miss him," he said. "Also his 'shifter mate is a giant wolf, saw him with them," he said. "Got it," said Aron. Cory nodded and headed back to his temporary room.

"So what happened while I was asleep?" Asked Kisu as he sat on the bed checking his phone for anything new. "Ah," said Cory before he did a recount of what happened. "Oh, Chani," said Kisu as he looked through the chats on his phone. "That name is familiar," he mumbled before he found it. "Ah," he said, finding the chat. "Daniel said he was in Washington state for a while," he said. "And they got a puppy," he said, showing Cory. "Cute," said Cory.

After an hour JB was sent to find them and call them for dinner, saying that JR was here. "Thanks JB," said Cory before JB left the room. Cory left the room with Kisu, going downstairs and spotting JR.

"Ah, I heard someone was sent to see me," said JR as he turned to Cory and Kisu. "Yeah, Yoongi asked to check on you while we were taking a road trip around the states," said Cory. "I see," said JR. "Well, let's get that picture taken then," said Kisu. JR nodded and Cory took a picture with him and Kisu, immediately sending it to Yoongi with JR updating him on how things were going.

"It's just you two, well three technically right?" Asked JR as they sat in the livingroom to eat dinner. "Yep," said Cory. "I'm sure you've heard of Hongseob," he said. "Yeah," said Aron. "We were there for the last Italy run a couple months ago with him, Daniel and Woojin," he said. "We finally felt that we were ready, Yugyeom is out on a mission with Jackson right now," he said. "JR and I are a part of a team," he said. "I see," said Cory.

"Jimin's a douche bag," said Ren as he ate his food. "Well, you're not wrong," said Cory as he shrugs. "But the only reason why I haven't rejected him yet is due to my not having found my other mate yet," he said. "I still think he should've taken that risk," said Jisung, causing Kisu to sigh and repeat what Jisung said. "Well, yeah there's that risk but," said Aron as he shook his head. "You haven't seen Jinyoung and his insanity yet," he said. "He should be returning soon with Bambam and Baekho speaking of," he said.

"We won't be around much longer," said Kisu as he shrugs. "Leaving already?" Asked JR. "No, but I do need to visit Jimin," said Cory. "At least before Kisu goes to visit Youngjae and Jooheon," he said. "How are they anyway?" Asked JB. "Fine, enjoying being back in the states again," Kisu said, chuckling some. "Back in our home in South Korea they couldn't understand much of our conversations," he said. "Despite the fact that we have been teaching them," he said. Aron laughs. "Well," he said, shaking his head in amusement.

After dinner they were visited by their resident vegetarian vampire Chani. "Ah, sorry to bother you," said Chani as Minhyun opened the door for them. "It's pouring down rain and I don't have any place to stay," he said. "Aron, JR?" Called Minhyun.

JR came to the door. "Oh, you're the vampire Aron told me about then?" He asked. "Yeah," said Chani. "I'm sorry to bother you but it's pouring down rain and I need a place to stay," he said. "Also my phone's dead and my supply of portable chargers are drained," he said, shrugging. "Hm," said JR. "Okay," he said after a few minutes, letting him in.

"Got like 20 micro usb chargers?" Asked Chani as he walked inside. "JB!" Called Minhyun. "Get your pile of chargers!" He called. "You'll be rooming with Kisu and Cory, we don't have many other rooms open," he said. Chani nodded. JB came down with his container of chargers and handed them to Chani.

"Do you guys have any spare clothes?" Asked Chani. "No sorry," said Minhyun. "Can see if Cory and Kisu can lend you any clothes," he said. "Okay," said Chani before JB led him up to Kisu and Cory's room.

"Oh!" Said Cory. "You're the vampire from earlier," he said. "You are guests here too then?" Asked Chani as he set up all the chargers and started charging all his portable chargers. "Yes," said Cory. "What brings you here?" He asked. "I ran out of batteries and it's pouring down rain," said Chani before handing the container of chargers back to JB after setting up a charging station. "Also do you have any spare clothes?" He asked. "Erm," said Cory before he wen to see. Kisu went to see also.

After making sure it was fine to take a shower Chani went to take a shower before changing clothes that he had gotten from Cory and Kisu. He then set up his own little corner near all the chargers and played on his phone. Cory and Kisu got situated on the bed and fell asleep.