Chapter 4

A Wolf's Journey

"Wake up," said Jisung, causing Kisu to groan and roll over and off the bed. "What do you need Jisung?" Asked Kisu. "Can I come out? I wanna talk to Chani," said Jisung. Kisu turned over and spotted Chani watching him with a tilt of his head.

"Ah," he said. "Do you mind if I change? My wolf wants to talk to you," he said. "What," said Chani. "That's possible?" He asked. "Kind of," said Kisu. "You'll see," he said. "Sure," said Chani. Cory sat up, looking at them. "What's going on?" He asked. "Jisung wants to talk to Chani," said Kisu. "Oh," said Cory before he blinked. "What?" He asked. "I don't know," said Kisu. He got up, stretching before he changed, with Jisung soon standing in his place.

Chani jumped up in surprise as he crouched low on instinct. "Ah, I'm not here to hurt you!" Said Jisung as he held up his hands. "Chani right?" Asked Jisung. Chani nodded. "Yes," he said, straightening up. "This is a bad idea," said Kisu as he was wary of what was going to happen. Jisung tilted his head to the side as he studied Chani.

"What are you exactly?" Asked Chani. "I think they call us wolf-humans," said Jisung. "But I wasn't born this way, I was made this way," he said. "What?" Asked Chani. Cory explained everything he could remember with Jisung putting in what Cory couldn't.

"Wow," said Chani after everything was explained. "Whoever did that is a douche bag," he said. "I think it was Jeonguk's parents, I'm not sure," said Jisung. "Hyunjin and I were dead for a few years before being brought back," he said. "How did you die again?" Asked Cory. "Hunters," said Jisung. "We weren't being careful and well," he said, shrugging. "Jaejoong and his pack then?" Asked Cory. Jisung nodded.

"Ah, breakfast is ready if you want food," said JB as he poked his head into the room. "Thanks JB," said Cory as he nodded. "Go on ahead," said Chani. "I need to pack up and head out to hunt anyway," he said. "A friend is in the area and I promised him I'd meet him at our hunting spot," he said. JB tilted his head. "Another vegetarian then?" He asked. Chani nodded. "Alright," said JB. Chani nodded and went to pack up his small backpack as Jisung and Cory headed downstairs with JB.

"Thanks for letting me stay the night," Chani said to Minhyun and JR. "No problem, just be careful out there," said Minhyun. Chani nodded and left, going to meet up with Zuho and Jaehwan.

"What are ya'll doing today?" Asked Aron as they ate breakfast. "Get some clothes shopping done for one," said Cory. "We need to get some new clothes in case we bring along an extra person," he said. "You think Chani's leaving?" Asked JR. "It's quite possible," said Jisung.

"I don't know about you but I don't know if I'm going to be comfortable with having a vampire in our jeep," said Kisu. Jisung repeated what Kisu said before putting in his input. "Well, we can ask if he's heading off to where ever he's off to next," he said. "If he wants a ride then we'll give it to him," he said. "I agree with that," said Cory. "He seems like a good kid," he said.

Chani came back after breakfast with Zuho and Jaehwan, with the intention of introducing them. "Ah, I didn't know if I was welcome back or not," he said, scratching the back of his head when Minhyun, Aron and JR came outside. "Was gonna introduce my visitors," he said. "I was made aware of these two," said Minhyun.

"You're with the dogs at the reservation right?" He asked Jaehwan. "No, I'm not a part of their pack anymore," said Jaehwan. "I used to be but we had a falling out and I left," he said. "I came back to check on them though," he said, shrugging. "The red head is your mate then?" Asked Aron. "Yeah," said Jaehwan. "How long are you around for?" Asked JR. "Not too much longer," said Zuho. "Almost had blood shed over the borders here," he said. "So we'll be leaving later today," he said.

"Ah! It's you two!" Said Chani when Cory and Jisung came outside. "Hey there," said Jisung. "You going?" Asked Aron. "Yeah, we'll head to Seattle for clothes," said Cory. "Ah, I need to let Kisu come back then," said Jisung as he sighed before changing, with Kisu standing in his place. "Damn it Jisung, warn a guy next time," said Kisu as he shook his head. Cory chuckled some.

"Anyway, yeah we were going to head to Seattle for some new clothes," said Kisu as he scratched the back of his head. "Mind if I tag along?" Asked Chani. "I want to at least get some new clothes so I can give yours back to you," he said. Kisu glanced at Cory, who shrugs. "Why not," said Cory. "What about you dog? Need new clothes?" He asked. "It'd be nice," said Jaehwan as he shrugs.

"Got money to pay for it?" Asked Kisu. Jaehwan nodded. "And you?" Asked Kisu as he turned to Chani. Chani nodded. "I got money too," said Zuho. "Good, let me clean up the jeep and we can go," said Cory as he went to do so. Kisu went to help, with Aron and JR keeping an eye on Chani and Zuho for the time being.

"Alright, we're ready to go," said Cory as he and Kisu finally finished cleaning the jeep. "Hop in," said Cory as he and Kisu moved the front seats forward. Jaehwan and Zuho got in the driver's side while Chani got in the passenger side and sat down with Zuho in the middle. After moving the seats forward Cory and Kisu got in with Cory driving and Kisu in the passenger seat. After a minute Cory started the jeep and drove off, heading to Seattle.