Chapter 17

A Wolf's Journey

Kihyun came around a few days later, after Cory contacted him. "Ah, you're with Cory I assume?" Asked Jaehyun as he answered the door. "Yeah," said Kihyun. "Come on in then," said Jaehyun as he moved to let Kihyun in. "Cory! Kisu! You have a visitor," he called upstairs. Kisu and Cory came downstairs with Sunggyu in tow. "Hey Kihyun," said Cory. Kihyun smiled slightly.

"Well, let's get this over with then," said Kisu as he sighed. "Yeah," said Kihyun. "You sure you want to do this as just the 5, well 6 of you?" Asked Daniel as he came downstairs with Chani behind him. "I don't want to involve anyone else outside of this," said Cory. "Ya'll have done enough by letting us stay here," he said.

"Well, let's go," said Kisu. "I have to sit and wait," said Jisung as he sighed. "I call first dibs on him," spat Sunggyu. "Fine with me," said Kisu. "Let's hope that he didn't go all out and get werewolf hunters or something," he said. "Ah, you got a point," said Cory.

"Good luck then," said Daniel. "Come back alive you hear?" He asked Chani. "Sure sure," said Chani. "He'd have to," said Sunggyu. "I'm leaving him in charge of my coven," he said. "Something ya'll discussed while hunting then?" Asked Kisu. Sunggyu nodded. "In case things go the way I think they will and I end up going with Cory," he said. "I'm sure things will work out," said Daniel. "Good luck then," said Jaehyun. Kisu nodded and they left, going to where Jimin was currently.

"So how are we doing this?" Asked Sunggyu as he sat in the passenger seat of the jeep while Cory drove. Everyone else was piled into the back looking out their respective windows. "We do this like planned," said Cory as he looked in the rear view mirror at Kihyun who nodded. "I think it's best that we do," said Kihyun. "We get the rejecting over with and then see how it goes from there," he said. "And if something goes wrong?" Asked Chani. "We'll deal with it then," said Kisu. "He wouldn't listen to reason before, what's going to get him to listen to reason now?" He asked. "Kisu's got a point," said Cory.

"He wouldn't listen to reason when we tried to get Cory home, why wouldn't he listen to reason when we tried to talk to him?" Asked Jisung with Kisu repeating what he said. "Jisung has a point," said Chani. "From what I saw of him when you went to see him, he was already at the point where he wouldn't listen to reason," he said.

"Where are we going anyway?" Asked Kihyun. "Apparently he's in Albany," said Cory. "From Jaehyun asking him where he was anyway," he said. "We needed to keep him from finding out that we were going after him," he said.

"Also no offense to you bloodsuckers but," said Kihyun as he shifted in his seat some. "I'm going to need some fresh air before we get there," he said. "Is that why you had to stop those few times?" Asked Kisu as he turned to Chani. "Sort of," said Chani. "The stench of wet dog kinda doesn't go away," he said. "It permeates this jeep," he said. "Well, it may smell like that to me," he added. "I don't know what you smell like to Sunggyu," he said. "I still smell wet dog, but it's not as strong with Cory," said Sunggyu.

After an hour Cory stopped in a rest stop to let Sunggyu and Chani get away from the scent of werewolves for a few minutes. Kihyun, Kisu and Cory went to the bathroom before going to sit on a bench and wait for Sunggyu and Chani.

"So," said Kisu as he turned to Kihyun. "Are you ready to do this?" He asked. "I guess so?" Asked Kihyun as he shrugged. "I've been ready to do this since Jimin decided it was okay to not let you go home," he said to Cory. Cory sighed. "I will never understand what his problem was with that one," he said. "He things everything has to be about him," said Kisu.

"He didn't used to be like this though," said Kihyun. "I think he wants that sense of control to prevent something like this from happening again," he said. "It'll happen again," said Cory. "Not to us maybe but it'll happen to other people," he said. "It happened to me," said Kisu as he sighed. "It happened to Yoongi," said Kihyun.

"It happened to Jisoo, though she did it for Daniel but," said Chani as he walked over with Sunggyu. "He wants to save the world but we all know something like that can be prevented but once it starts it doesn't stop," he said. "Enjoy the hunt?" Asked Cory as he turned to Sunggyu, who shrugs. "Wasn't thirsty," said Sunggyu. "Please," said Chani as he chuckled. "We all hunted before we decided to do this crazy mission," he said.

"What's Jisung's say on this?" Asked Kihyun as he turned to Kisu. "I dunno, I haven't known Jimin for long prior to this," said Jisung as Kisu repeated what he said. "I think they were sent on missions after they became official hunters," said Kisu. "They didn't spend much time at home according to Youngjae," he said. "Yeah, we didn't," said Jisung. "He seemed normal when we were there though, but I think Hobi was keeping the truth from us or something," he said, with Kisu repeating what he said.

"It would make sense," said Cory. "You guys don't need to be caught up in this stuff," he said. "When Jeongin went to college stuff quieted down a good bit," said Kihyun. "We'd only see Hyunjin and Hobi every couple months but," he said, shrugging. "At least Jimin didn't feel the need to go after Jungkook after everything," he said.

"He blamed it on me," said Kisu as he sighed. "Those 4 times we went to see him he always blamed it on me," he said. "Can you blame me for wanting to bring Cory back to see his parents?" He asked. "No," said Sunggyu. "I would've wanted to try everything I could to get one of my coven members to see their parents too," he said. "You did the right thing," said Cory. "We wouldn't've met," he said, turning to Sunggyu.

"Well," said Sunggyu. "We would've met eventually but you would've been miserable," he said. Cory nodded. "Well, enough of this talk," said Kisu as he stood, stretching. "Ya'll ready to go?" He asked. "Sure," said Cory as he stood. Kihyun nodded as he stood and they headed back to the jeep and continued on their journey to Albany.