Chapter 13

A Wolf's Journey

The next morning they headed out to Lake Michigan, a comfortable silence between everyone. Chani had hunted the night before so he could be comfortable around everyone. Hyungwon brought drinks out in the jeep while Kisu got sandwiches and chips for everyone.

Chani was back wearing his orange turtleneck sweater and over sized hoodie as he sat in the back seat, leaning against the window. "I don't see how that's comfortable," said Cory as he drove. Chani shrugs. "It's cold, at least when I checked the temperature so," he said. "He has a point," said Kisu.

"Chani is very relaxed today," remarked Jisung, causing Kisu to hum in response. "You're very relaxed today," said Kisu. "I am? Huh," said Chani as he shrugged. "What'd you find yesterday?" Asked Cory. "An entire herd of deer," said Chani as he shrugged. "I guess I needed it," he said. "How's your sanity?" Asked Kisu. "I'm really calm," said Chani. "Maybe I will be able to beat this," he said.

They reached the docks and Cory parked the jeep beside Hyungwon's jeep and got out, letting Chani get out before closing the door. Kisu got out and went to grab the sandwiches before following Cory and Chani out to the dock where Hyungwon and the others were already waiting.

"Hey hyungs," said Minghao as Kisu handed everyone a sandwich. "Yo," said Cory. Chani nodded in greeting as Hyungwon gave everyone a drink. Cory and Kisu sat at the end of the dock while Chani leaned on the railing, looking out at the water. Hyungwon, Minghao and DK joined Cory and Kisu at the edge of the dock, sitting down on either side of them and enjoying their lunch.

"Ah, hey Chani," came a voice and Chani turned towards it. "Oh, hey Sunggyu," said Chani. "Friend of yours?" Asked Kisu who had turned to look at Chani. "My older brother actually," said Chani who shrugged. "I hope I'm not intruding, I wanted to catch him before ya'll left Chicago," said Sunggyu as he put his hands in his pockets. "No worries," said Hyungwon.

"We might take up your offer of joining you up in Canada, I did have a small talk with the rest of my coven," said Sunggyu as he leaned on the railing beside Chani. "Fun," said Chani as he nodded. "It'd be great to not be alone for once," he said. "But I made a promise to stay around for Cory," he said, nodding his head in Cory's direction. "His pure blood mate's crazy so," he said, shrugging. "I see," said Sunggyu as he nodded.

"You don't have to stay around you know," said Cory as he got up and went to join them. "Family's important too," he said. "Yes but," said Chani as he sighed a bit. "I already swore to help," he said. "It's your choice then," said Sunggyu. "I'm not stopping you," he said. "Well, if you insist then," said Cory as he nodded. Chani nodded.

"You've been with these guys since you left Washington?" Asked Sunggyu as he looked Cory over. "Yeah," said Chani. Cory tilted his head to the side. "You gotta be kidding me," said Sunggyu as he tilted his head to the side. Cory blinked. "Oh," he said after a minute. "Well, my other mate is a blood er, fun," he said with a shake of his head.

"Please tell me you're better than an insane werewolf," he said. "Best conversation starter ever," said Sunggyu as he sighed. "Well, I'm no vegetarian but," he said, shrugging. "My coven and I aren't on the list of vampires to hunt down," he said. "At least I don't have to worry about you dying anytime soon," said Cory.

"Will you be fine in the Jeep with us when we head to Ithaca?" He asked. "Ah, I don't know," said Sunggyu. "From what I know we can't be away from each other for too long right?" He asked. Cory nodded. "I'd have to tell my coven to meet us in Ithaca," Sunggyu said, sighing a bit.

"They won't like this one bit will they?" Asked Chani as he turned to face Sunggyu. "Not exactly no, they'll respect being temporary vegetarians for the time being though," said Sunggyu as he went to make a phone call.

"Well, this got interesting," said Hyungwon. Kisu hummed in response. "Was this a Chanwoo/Moonbin experience all over again?" He asked as he turned to Cory. "I think so," said Cory. "What does that mean?" Asked Chani. "Well, this is what happens when 2 people of different species finds their mates in each other," said Hyungwon. "It doesn't happen often, but it has happened," he said. "Interesting," said Chani.

Sunggyu came back after a few minutes, nodding. "I only have the clothes on me so," he said, shrugging. "I'm ready to go when you are," he said. "Let us toast to Jin's birthday first," said Hyungwon as he turned back to the water. Cory, Kisu, Minghao and DK held up their drinks. "Happy birthday Jin," they said. "Happy birthday Jin," said Hyungwon before they bumped bottles and drank the rest of their drinks.

"Well, good luck with Jimin then," said Hyungwon as everyone headed to their respective jeeps. "Yeah, thanks," said Cory. "Come for a visit again hyungs," said Minghao. "With Jisung's whining, I think we might, just to see Minho again," Kisu said with a snicker. "I'm not that bad," whined Jisung, causing Kisu to laugh. "Sure sure," said Kisu as he repeated what Jisung said. Cory chuckled.

"Well, who's driving first?" Asked Sunggyu. "You have your driver's license?" Asked Kisu as he turned to Sunggyu. Sunggyu nodded. "I don't know where we are going but I can get pointed in the right direction," he said. "It'd be nice to not drive for once," said Cory. "I trust you to not run the jeep into the lake once you get the keys?" He asked. Sunggyu nodded. "I'm not that cruel," he said. "I can vouch for him," said Chani. "And I think I still have Daniel's address," he said, checking his phone. "I do," he said. "That settles it then," said Cory.

Sunggyu was handed the keys as Chani put the address into the GPS on his phone. Cory and Kisu would alternate being on the floor and on the seat in the back seat as Chani and Sunggyu would sit in the front. After making sure everyone was comfortable Sunggyu started the Jeep and drove off, heading towards Ithaca.