Chapter 6

A Wolf's Journey

"Ah," said Cory as he checked the jeep to see if they needed to change the oil. "Time to change the oil before we go," he said, going to the trunk to grab what he needed. Chani had excused himself to the forest around the house to hunt while Kisu went to pack up their things and bring it to the jeep.

"Man, I was beginning to like being here," said Jisung, causing Kisu to laugh. "Well," mumbled Kisu as he shook his head. "Are you going to be okay with Chani in the same car as us?" Asked Jisung. "I'll manage," mumbled Kisu as he stacked their duffle bags in the trunk.

Chani came back, wiping bits of blood away from his mouth as he walked over to the jeep to see what Cory was up to. "Need help?" He asked. "No, I'm just checking what else we need to change," said Cory. "See if Kisu's done with packing yet," he said. Chani nodded and went to the back of the jeep.

"Need any help?" He asked. "No, I'm done here," said Kisu as he closed the trunk. "You full?" He asked as he turned to Chani. "Yeah," said Chani. "At least, for the time being," he said. "If we need to stop somewhere for you let us know," said Kisu. "I'll keep that in mind," said Chani.

"Do you know we're going first?" He asked. "We're going to visit Jimin and his parents," said Kisu. "They're a little bit south of Changkhyun's territory and Cory wanted to see if he can reconcile a bit more with Jimin," he said. "This is his last chance," said Cory as he walked over with the tools he was using and opening the trunk before putting tools in the toolbox and closing the trunk.

"All done?" Asked Kisu. "Yep," said Cory. "I'm ready to go," he said. "I'm ready," said Chani as he nodded. "Let's say goodbye to Minhyun and them then," said Kisu before he went to do so.

"Ah, you're leaving?" Asked Minhyun as he saw them. "Yeah, we're going to see Jimin's parents before heading up to visit Changkhyun," said Kisu. "Say hello to Hobi and them for us if you see them," said Aron. "Sure," said Kisu. "Alright," said Cory.

"Careful with the other dogs," said Chani. "We don't know what they're up to," he said. "According to Zuho whatever falling out Jaehwan had with his old pack isn't finished," he said. "They were really close to bloodshed when Jaehwan went to see them," he said. "Alright," said Aron. "We'll keep that in mind," he said. Chani nodded and left with Kisu and Cory.

Cory drove while Kisu was in the passenger seat and Chani was in the backseat pretending to take a nap. Jisung was on the couch staring up at the skylight as it started raining. "Huh, rain," said Jisung. "Are you sad?" He asked. Kisu shook his head no as he looked out the window. "As it rains," he said. "Ah man," said Cory as he sighed.

"What's wrong?" He asked, turning to Kisu. "Jisung commented on how it was raining in the city," said Kisu. "Must've been my subconscious mind reacting to the weather," he said.

"This thing is a hardtop," came Chani's voice from the backseat. "Which I'm okay with, too much rain could flood the cabin," he said. "It could," said Cory. "But it doesn't," he said.

"I thought the skylight didn't have windows," Jisung said suddenly as he noticed that it didn't rain on him. Kisu snorts. "I know the city is abandoned but it's not decrepit," he muttered. "Having fun?" Asked Cory. "Just Jisung commenting on things," said Kisu as he chuckled some.

"He seems very chatterbox-y today," said Chani. "He is," said Kisu. "But we usually have random conversations like this," he said. "It passes the time," said Cory as he shrugs. "We'll be there in a few hours, if you need to stop for anything just let us know," he said. "Sure," said Chani. 

"What are we going to do when we go see Jimin?" Asked Kisu. "Let him know that this is his last chance," said Cory. "This is the last chance he gets to reconcile before I reject him and deal with my insanity by myself," he said. "You won't deal with it by yourself," said Kisu. "You have Jisung and I," he said. "I'm willing to help," said Chani. "Seeing what happened with Daniel I want to in anyway," he said.

After a couple hours Cory stopped at a rest stop when Chani wanted to get some hunting in. "Sorry for wanting to stop but," said Chani as he scratched the back of his head. "No worries," said Cory as he parked the jeep and got out, moving the front seat forward to let Chani out. Kisu got out, stretching. "Go hunt, we'll be here," he said. Chani nodded and went up the hiking trails, going to hunt.

Cory and Kisu went to sit down at a picnic table, sitting under a gazebo to wait on Chani. "You know," said Kisu as he looked around the rest stop. "I think he's slowly losing control of himself," he said. "I can see that," said Cory. "He's hunted animals for so long," he said. "I don't know what happens with vampires if they don't kill humans at least once in their lives but," he said, shrugging.

"I'm sure even the redhead that was Chani's friend had given in at least once," said Kisu. "It's happened I'm sure," said Cory. "I dunno, this seems weird," said Jisung. "Chani seems stressed more than usual," he said. Kisu hummed in response before repeating what Jisung said. "Yeah he does," said Cory. "I guess we'll see what happens," he said.

Chani came back after a few minutes, wiping a little bit of blood away from the corner of his mouth. "What'd you find?" Asked Cory. "A deer," said Chani as he shrugs. "Ready?" Asked Cory. "Sure," said Chani. Cory and Kisu got up and headed back to the jeep. After everyone was comfortable Cory started the jeep and drove off, continuing towards their destination.