Epilogue

A Wolf's Journey

Jisung, Cory and Sunggyu made it home in time for Christmas, skipping the round trip around the US this time and just going back to Changkhyun's territory. It had been Jisung's idea at first, then Sunggyu said that they should go back, more for his sake. Things were different now, since Kisu's decision.
 

~



Jisung found himself in the meadow again, blinking in surprise. "Hyung?" He asked, looking around. "I'm here," said Kisu as he walked over. "Are you going to wake up?" Asked Jisung as he turned to Kisu. "I can't," said Kisu. "I should've told you before this but," he said, sighing. "I knew what would happen if I told you too early," he said.

"I can't keep living like this Jisung," he said. "I can't keep living knowing you want to be free," he said. "I have no physical body anymore, I died weeks ago, after the silver was injected," he said. Jisung blinked in surprise.

"You kept me alive," said Kisu. "Don't blame yourself for this," he said. "This is my decision," he said. "B-but," said Jisung as tears started to fall. "It's alright," said Kisu as he walked up and put a hand on Jisung's cheek, wiping the tears away. "Stay strong for me okay?" He asked, leaning forward and kissing Jisung on the forehead before fading away from Jisung's mind completely.

 

~



"Are you okay Jisung?" Asked Cory he drove. They were going to pick up Jeongin before heading back to Changkhyun's house. "Yeah," said Jisung as he looked out the window. Sunggyu hummed as he nodded. He could tell when Jisung was lying from his heartbeat, but for now he seemed okay.

"Ah, looks like Kangmin is coming along too," said Cory as he checked his phone. "Something about the others not being home for the holidays or something," he said. "Cool," said Jisung. "Is Hyunjin going to be back for the holidays?" He asked. "Yeah," said Cory. "I think we invited a few other people too," he said. "Not sure though," he said.

When they arrived at the university Jeongin was waiting on them at the Starbucks again with Kangmin. "Hey guys," said Jeongin. "Not much bags this time?" Asked Cory as he got out and let Jisung out. "No," said Kangmin as he chuckled some. Cory and Kangmin packed Kangmin's bags into the trunk as Jeongin hugged Jisung.

"It's been too long," said Jeongin. "You'll be alright," he said. "I know," said Jisung. "Come on, I'm sure Hyunjin-hyung's been looking forward to seeing you again," said Jeongin. "Ya'll are in the back," said Cory. "It's more for Sunggyu's sake but," he said, shrugging. "Sure," said Kangmin. Jeongin nodded. "Let's go then," said Cory as he moved his seat forward to let Jisung, Jeongin and Kangmin into the back before moving his seat back and getting in. After making sure everyone was comfortable Cory started the jeep and drove off, heading home.

"Welcome back guys," called Changkhyun once they reached the house. "Hey," said Cory as he got out, letting the others out. "Hope you don't mind that Sunggyu tagged along," he said. "Nah," said Changkhyun. "You have a visitor," he said. "Eh?" Asked Cory as he closed the door once everyone was out. "They went hunting earlier, why don't you go find them Sunggyu," said Changkhyun as he nodded to Sunggyu. "If it's okay with you," said Sunggyu. "Go," said Cory as he smiled slightly. "I'll find you later," he said. Sunggyu chuckled some and nodded before using his vampire speed to run off, going to hunt.

"Hey Kangmin," said Changkhyun. "Hello," said Kangmin. "I would've been alone for Christmas so Jeongin invited me over," he said, scratching the back of his head. "No problem," said Changkhyun. Kangmin went to get his bags as Jeongin helped bring them inside. "Ah," said Changkhyun as he turned to Jisung. "Youngjae would like to talk to you," he said. Jisung tilted his head to the side. "Okay," he said. "They're at the lake," said Changkhyun. "I'll go with you," said Cory. Jisung nodded and headed out to the lake with Cory following after them.

"Youngjae, Jooheon," called Cory once they saw them. "Hey," said Youngjae as he turned to Cory. "Hello Jisung," he said. Jisung managed a smile. "I'm sure Cory's told you but," said Youngjae as he scratched the back of his head. "I don't blame you for Kisu's decision," he said. Jisung nodded. "Cory told me," he said. "And I don't either," said Jooheon. "You'll be okay," he said. "We'll make it through this, all of us," he said.

 

~



Christmas was a small event for everyone, and though Sunggyu only got to speak with Chani and the rest of his coven for a few hours before they left, things went pretty well. Jisung was in higher spirits when Hyunjin and Jeongin were around, being distracted from whatever dark thoughts plagued his sleep at night as he had constant nightmares. They added a grave for Kisu, for Jisung and Cory really, though Youngjae had insisted. After some thought and asking Cory and Kihyun they added a grave for Jimin too.

Just before New Years was a surprise visit from Chan, Changbin and Woojin, and Jisung, Hyunjin, and Jeongin tackled them. "Hey guys," said Chan. "Chan!" Yelled Jisung as he buried his face into Chan's shirt. "It's been a while guys," said Hyunjin as he slung an arm around Woojin's shoulder. "I guess," said Woojin. "Good to see you again," said Jeongin as he grinned. "Yeah yeah," said Changbin as he chuckled.

"How long are you here for?" Asked Jisung. "For a couple days," said Chan. "We have a mission in Denver though so," he said, shrugging. "Did you guys end up moving to Paris?" Asked Jisung. "Yes actually," said Chan. "Had a big meeting with all the neighboring territories to make sure it was fine but," he said, shrugging. "Felix and Seungmin have their own separate missions but," he said, shrugging.

Things seemed to work out for Jisung now, as he got support from everyone. He declined going back to South Korea with Cory and Sunggyu, wanting to stay around for a bit more before they came back and they continued on their journey as nomads.

 

~



Cory and Sunggyu visited Jeonguk and the others for a week, with the others quickly getting to know Sunggyu while they were there. "For a blood er you are pretty decent, I approve," said Jeonguk. "Ah, thanks?" Asked Sunggyu. Cory chuckled some. "Jeonguk leave him be," he said. "Your attempt at a threat is horrible and you know it," he said. Jeonguk sighed. "Whatever," he said.

Before they left for the states Cory brought Sunggyu to his parents graves to introduce him to them. "Hello Cory's parents," said Sunggyu as he stood beside Cory. "I am taking care of him to the best of my ability," he said. "I don't expect a blessing but," he said, shrugging. "I hope you are happy for your son, he has his happy ending, sort of," he said. He nodded to Cory before stepping away and letting Cory spend a few minutes alone with his parents.

"Hey mom, dad," said Cory as he brushed his fingers over their names. "I hope that you're happy for me," he said. "I'll see you around then," he said, moving away and standing up. "I hope that we can help Jisung out," he said. "Kisu would want us to," he said. He went over to Sunggyu, taking his hand. "Let's go then," he said. "Alright," said Sunggyu before he left with Cory.