Chapter 9

A Wolf's Journey

The next couple days Chani spent as much time away from the house as possible, as to not set off the werewolves in the house. He knew they were okay with him being there, but he also knew that they secretly hated him. Cory went to see where Chani was throughout the days they were there just to be sure he didn't get into any trouble though as Hoseok, Doyoung and Hyunjin returned from their missions.

"Ah!" Said Hyunjin. "Hey guys," said Hoseok and Doyoung. "Hey," said Cory. Kisu smiled slightly. "Well, Jisung wants out," he said, chuckling some before changing. "Hyunjin!" Said Jisung as he tackled Hyunjin. "Well hello," said Hyunjin as he chuckled some.

"So," said Hoseok as he turned to Cory. "What's this I heard about a vampire staying in our room?" He asked. "His name is Chani," said Jisung. "He's a vegetarian, hunts animals only," he said. "Ah, I've heard of him," said Doyoung. "He's one of those vampires who refuse to hunt humans because they don't want to be put on the list," he said. "In fact there's a separate list for these vampires, they've proven on more than one occasion that they mean no harm so we don't hunt them," he said.

"Ah right," said Hoseok. "I ran into Mark and Jisoo while we were in New York City," he said. "Those two are on the list, I think," he said. "More because of 'shifter law but," he said, shrugging. "Chani's home free for a good bit, even if he was to hunt one human," he said.

"Should tell him that when he comes in later tonight then," said Jisung as he moved away from Hyunjin. "According to Cory he spends all day just staring at the lake without moving," he said. "Not really, sometimes I see him at the gravestones paying his respects but," Cory said, shrugging. "We'll be moving on tomorrow, was just waiting til you three got back," he said. "We're going to see Jeongin tomorrow before we head on to Ithaca," he said.

"Take me to him then," said Hoseok as he turned to Cory. "You sure it's a good idea?" Asked Doyoung. "Ah, let me text him first," said Cory as he went to do so.

"How's life in Kisu's head?" Asked Hyunjin. "Great," said Jisung. "I swear to god if that was sarcasm," grumbled Kisu, causing Jisung to chuckle. "Not being sarcastic, it's actually pretty comfortable," said Jisung. "There's always something to do," he said, shrugging. Hyunjin nodded.

"It's still a bit odd that you two are like one person now," said Doyoung. "Well," said Jisung as he shrugged. "At least this way, Kisu has his other mate with him," he said. "Not that I was going to reject him or anything," he said quickly. "But you know," he said, shrugging. "Apparently we couldn't be away from each other for long and I wasn't going to age anyway so..." He said. "Ah, he was gonna wait til you were at least his technical age then," said Hoseok. Jisung nodded.

Cory came back after a few minutes. "If you want to," he said. "He went hunting a bit ago but we can wait for him at the lake," he said. "Sure," said Hoseok. "Can I tag along?" Asked Jisung. "Yeah," said Cory. He headed out to the lake with Hoseok and Jisung following after him.

They found Chani by the gravestones as he paid his respects. "Chani," said Cory, catching Chani's attention. "A few minutes," said Chani as he turned back to the gravestones. Jisung went to the water and started skipping rocks with Hoseok and Cory soon joining him.

"Sorry 'bout that," said Chani as he walked over after a few minutes. "No worries," said Hoseok as he turned to Chani. "So what'd you want to talk about?" Asked Chani. "You don't have to worry about having people coming after you," said Hoseok. "Eh?" Asked Chani. "There's a separate list for vampires who have proven to do no harm," said Cory. "They're on the "do not hunt" list," he said. "I'm on that list?" Asked Chani. Hoseok nodded.

"Well, that's different," said Chani. "With some of the 'shifters finding their mates in vampires we had to make some changes," said Hoseok. "I don't know about Italy but," he said, shrugging. "Well, I feel a bit more reassured now," said Chani.

"When are we leaving?" He asked Cory. "Tomorrow," said Cory. "Off to Denver right?" Asked Chani. "Yep," said Cory. "Don't worry we won't be staying too long," he said. "Just to say hi to Jeongin," he said. "I wish we could stay longer," Jisung said with a pout. "I wanted to go see Chan too," he said. "We'll see them next time," said Cory.

"What happened?" Asked Hoseok. "Chan and the others arrived in New York City for a mission an hour after we left," said Cory. "Ah," said Hoseok.

"Well, you can come back with us now if you want," said Hoseok as he turned to Chani. "Nah, I'm fine," said Chani. "I want to stay out here a bit more, I'll return before dark," he said. "Alright," said Hoseok. "Be careful," he said. Chani nodded. "Always," he said. Cory left with Hoseok and Jisung, heading back to the house.

Doyoung was making dinner when they got back, Hyunjin in the livingroom with Changkhyun, Jungkook, Kihyun, Youngjae and Jooheon watching a movie. Jisung changed and let Kisu back so he could spend time with Youngjae and Jooheon. Kisu went to sit beside Youngjae and Youngjae wrapped an arm around him before turning back to watching the movie. Cory sat on the floor next to Kihyun. Hoseok went to see what he could do to help.

Chani returned after dinner, asking if he could borrow a change of clothes so he could get his through the washer. Cory went to see what he had and threw Chani a black hoodie and pants. After making sure it was okay to shower Chani went to take a shower before going to throw his clothes into the washer.

Chani was allowed to be in the livingroom for the night after everyone went to bed, with Cory in Youngjae and Jooheon's room with Kisu. Doyoung, Hoseok and Hyunjin were back in their shared room with Kihyun.

"Well, it feels slightly weird to be back here again," Cory mumbled from his spot. "Yeah," said Kisu as he heard Jisung hum in agreement. "I know you guys are supposed to be nomadic but we miss having you around," said Youngjae. "I know," said Kisu.

"How much longer are you gonna be this way?" Asked Jooheon. "I don't know," said Cory. "Probably gonna continue being this way until I find my other mate," he said. "We'll see what happens with Jimin too," he said.

"You two are crazy," said Youngjae. "But you get to go to some cool places," he said. Kisu chuckled some. "Could say that," he said. "Doesn't mean we don't miss home though," he said. "I think next time we stop by we'll head to South Korea afterwards," he said. "I do wanna see Jeonguk and the rest of them again," said Cory.