Chapter 16

A Wolf's Journey

Cory took a walk with Sunggyu, just wanting some time to themselves. Jisung was with Daniel and Jisoo, only because Daniel was okay with him being there. Jisoo wasn't too keen on it but she got used to Jisung's personality after an hour.

"Can I see your wolf form?" Sunggyu said suddenly as they stopped by a river. "Ah, sure?" Asked Cory. "Well I mean," he said. "You've seen my original wolf form in Jisung/Kisu but sure," he said. "When I was turned I ended up with a different colored wolf," he said. "Interesting," said Sunggyu.

"I'll go behind a tree and strip and change," said Cory before he went to do so. Sunggyu waited as he skipped a rock across the water. Cory came back in wolf form, going to stand beside Sunggyu. Sunggyu turned to face Cory, smiling some at him. "Are you a big bad wolf?" He asked, smirking. Cory bared his teeth in a smirk. "Catch me if you can!" Said Sunggyu before he used his vampire speed to run off. Cory barked in protest before running after Sunggyu.

Sunggyu could be heard laughing as Cory managed to stay a few feet behind him. Sunggyu made sure to let Mark and the others know not to be alarmed if they saw him being chased. He came to a stop in front of a river, turning to Cory who leaped on him, knocking him to the floor. "Alright alright you got me," Sunggyu said, laughing as he was assaulted by . Cory moved off Sunggyu, baring his teeth in a grin.

Sunggyu sat up and pet him, smiling softly. He looked down at his phone when he got a text. "I've been invited out to a hunt, do you mind?" He asked. Cory shook his head, nudging him to stand up. "I'll become a vegetarian for you," said Sunggyu. "I never thought I'd hear those words come out of my mouth," he said, chuckling some. "Chani has become a good influence," he said before answering the text. "I'll see you back at home then," he said, standing. Cory nodded and ran off, going back to get his clothes. Sunggyu watched him go before running off to find something.

Kisu hummed to himself as he took a walk around the meadow, spotting the elevator at one end. "You said that you saw an elevator in my mind right?" He asked. Jisung nodded as he sat on a bench on the porch. "Yeah," he said. "Do you know what it's for?" He asked. "I think so," said Kisu. "There is a barrier between your mind and mine, I think it's the surface," he said. "The surface?" Asked Jisung.

"Don't get on the elevator until I tell you to but," said Kisu as he walked over to the elevator. "I think if you take the elevator you're basically brought to the surface, rage and whatnot taking over, I've seen it in other werewolves where their wolves come to the surface if they're pissed enough," he said. "Mm," said Jisung.

He turned when Wonpil came outside to sit beside him. "Hey Wonpil," he said. "Hi," said Wonpil. "Any luck on remembering?" Asked Jisung. Wonpil shook his head. "It's like my mind is just blank of that time," he said. "Hm," said Jisung.

Cory came back in human form, going to sit on the other side of Jisung. "Clingy again? You've only been gone for like 5 hours," said Jisung. "Sunggyu went hunting," Cory said, sighing a bit. "You're very clingy," said Jisung as he snickered. "I'm not that clingy," said Cory as he crossed his arms.

Sunggyu and the others came back after a couple hours while Daniel was making dinner. Kisu was let out after Cory got over being clingy to Jisung and went to cling to Sunggyu. "The hell happened today for you two to be clingier than usual?" Asked Kisu. "Kisu, you were like this with Youngjae you know," said Cory. "Yes but I wasn't this clingy," said Kisu. "Can we take a walk after dinner?" Asked Cory. "Sure," said Kisu. "What's this about?" He asked. "I'll tell you later," said Cory.

After dinner the rest of Sunggyu's coven left, promising to keep in touch. They didn't want to stick around for too long, but they also promised to stay on the list of vampires to not hunt. Sunggyu said goodbye to them, as did Chani.

Cory and Kisu took Seokwoo out for a walk after asking Daniel if they could. "We never got any time with the pup, let us take him for a walk," said Kisu. "Don't stay out too late then," said Daniel. With that they took the pup out after attaching the leash to his collar.

"So," said Kisu as he let Seokwoo lead them. "What happened today?" He asked. "Ah," said Cory. "I changed in front of Sunggyu," he said. "He accepted it then?" Asked Kisu as he stopped when Seokwoo sniffed a tree. "Yeah," said Cory. "Had me chase him like an idiot but," he said, chuckling some. "He also said he'd become a vegetarian for me," he said. Kisu chuckled. "That's good then," he said. "Congrats then," he said. "Thanks," said Cory.

They headed back after Seokwoo started leading them back home and Daniel took the leash from Kisu. "When are you guys leaving?" He asked. "Jaehyun want us gone already?" Asked Kisu. "No no," said Daniel. "Was wondering because of ya'll being nomadic and all," he said. "Well, when did Jimin say he'd be back?" Asked Kisu. "We were going to confront him and then leave," he said. "In a few days," said Daniel. "We'll leave afterwards," said Cory. "Alright," said Daniel as he led Seokwoo up to his room.

"I think they want us gone," said Jisung as Cory and Kisu headed to their shared room. "Nah," said Kisu once he repeated what Jisung said. "If that was actually the case we wouldn't've been allowed to stay when we got here," he said. "Kisu's got a point," said Sunggyu as he entered the room from the attached bathroom, towel drying his hair. "I guess so," said Cory.

"We know Daniel anyway," said Kisu as he laid on his spot on the floor. "Gotta remember that 'shifter packs are run slightly differently," said Cory as he laid in bed, sighing a bit. "Jaehyun would've had the final say regardless," he said. "You have a point there," said Sunggyu as he went to lay down. "Well, goodnight then," he said. "Goodnight," said Cory, Kisu and Jisung.