Chapter 1

A Wolf's Journey

Cory was driving the jeep with Kisu in the back seat taking a nap somewhere in Oklahoma, humming to himself. "Where are we?" Kisu asked suddenly as he sat up. "Oklahoma," said Cory as he glanced in the rear view mirror.

"You alright back there? How's Jisung?" He asked. "Fine," said Jisung, with Kisu repeating what he said as he looked out the window. "And I'm fine," said Kisu. "I'm surprised Jisung isn't begging to come out yet," Cory said with a snicker. "I'm not that desperate," whined Jisung, causing Kisu to chuckle.

"Can we stop somewhere to eat?" Asked Kisu as he stretched. "Sure, where do you want to go?" Asked Cory. "Doesn't matter," said Kisu. "Just need to stretch my legs," he said. Cory nodded and checked the gas meter. "I'm going to stop for gas, we'll get something there," he said. "Sure," said Kisu. Cory nodded and pulled into the next exit, stopping at a gas station for gas.

Kisu got out of the jeep and went into the gas station to get some food, browsing the other parts of the gas station while Cory refueled the Jeep. "This place is like a restaurant," Jisung said, watching the TV. Kisu hummed in response as he looked around the gas station. "Where are we going anyway?" Asked Jisung as Kisu paid for food. Kisu took out his phone, pretending to answer it. "I don't know," he said, taking the bag of food from the cashier. He headed out to the jeep.

"Where are we going?" He asked Cory. "Ah," said Cory. "I thought we'd go around to California then head up to visit Minhyun," he said. "I got a request from Yoongi asking to visit JR so," he said, shrugging. "More werewolves?" Asked Jisung. "Yes, more cousins," said Kisu as he noticed they were in a busy parking lot. "We'll be there in a couple days," he said.

Cory finished refueling the Jeep and got into the Driver's seat with Kisu getting in the passenger seat and handing Cory a drink before getting a sandwich and handing it to Cory. Cory drove back onto the interstate and continued on their journey to California.

"So how's things with Jimin going?" Asked Kisu to start a conversation. Cory snorts. "Not very good," he said, switching lanes. "I'm beginning to think that obsession with me has started ever since Kihyun had his wolf extracted," he said.

"Kihyun is doing okay though," he added. "He's been helping Changkhyun with dealing with their neighbors," he said. "Not that they did anything wrong," he said. "They proved to us that they were vampire hunters, after getting a confirmation from Moonbin," he said, shrugging.

"Having hunters nearby in general is a bit off putting I know," said Kisu. "It took a long time for me to get used to Hongseob being a hunter," he said. "Yeah, I kept him around because he kept us safe," said Cory. "And Jeonguk kept him around after everything," he said. "He did," said Kisu.

"I like Jeonguk," said Jisung as he looked up at the sky through the skylight. "I knew him when I was alive with Hyunjin as regular werewolves but," he said, shrugging. "That's right," said Kisu as he chuckled some. "You grew up with him," he said before repeating what Jisung said. "Ah yeah," said Cory. "He did," he said.

"When we get to Washington can I be let out?" Asked Jisung. "Sure," said Kisu. "They are aware of my situation here right?" He asked, turning to Cory. "Kind of," said Cory. "They know of Jisung since JR has worked with them before so," he said, shrugging. "I don't know if they know the whole story but we'll see when we get there," he said.

"Isn't there also a pack of wolf 'shifters there?" Asked Kisu. "Yeah," said Cory. "They moved there because the natives were looking for protectors," he said. "I think Daniel mentioned them," he said.

"It's good his mate is still alive," said Kisu. "Even if she's a vampire now, he's been through so much that it doesn't even matter to him," he said. "Yeah," said Cory. "She's pretty," said Jisung. "Everyone says that," said Kisu as he repeated what Jisung said. "Yeah, she's pretty," said Cory.

"At least they have a happy ending," said Kisu. "Heard they were going to try and adopt," he said. "Have a kid in that environment?" Asked Cory. "They're going to try," said Kisu.

"Growing up in that environment wouldn't be too bad," said Cory. "Granted they start young," he said. "They will think it's normal," he said. "But they have to be told that they can't tell anyone about who their parents are and whatnot," he said. "They have to be careful with bringing friends over and everything," said Kisu. "I think they'd be able to pull it off," said Cory. "That town is a small town so," he said, shrugging. Kisu hummed in response.

After a couple hours Kisu changed seats with Cory so he could drive, letting Cory get some sleep. He was left to his own thoughts with Jisung as he drove into the night.

"Do you think we'll stop somewhere to sleep?" Asked Jisung as he wandered around the city as it became nighttime. "I don't know," said Kisu as he shrugs. "We'll probably stop in California to visit Jeonghan and Woozi, at least to let the engine cool down," he said.

"We are," came Cory's voice from the back seat. "I don't think we even have the supplies to fix the jeep if it overheats," he said. "We'll stop in Tucson, Arizona before we head off to California," he said.

"Couldn't sleep?" Asked Kisu as he glanced in the rear view mirror. "No," said Cory as he sighed, adjusting his sleeping position. "At least Kihyun let us use his Jeep," he said. "But this thing is too cramped," he said. Kisu chuckled some.

"Well, we'll stop in New Mexico first to cool off the engine," he said. "Then it's off to Tuscon," he said. "Sounds like a plan," said Cory. Jisung hummed in response.