Episode 52

The Rebellious Fate - Hyunmin Version
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A car stopped at the entrance of their house. Alex got down from the vehicle and walked towards the door. He came only once here before the storm blew away with Grandpa. He sighed. When he thinks now, he understood that he should have taken actions wiser than what he did in the past.

He knocked the door and waited.

“Knock…knock”

“Who can that be?” Riana looked at Sean. Both of them were in the kitchen making tea and breakfast.

“I will check” Sean opened the door and poked out his head. His eyes became shocked.

“Can I come in?” Alex asked. His expressions were serious and concern. Sean sighed. He opened the door.

“How do you know we arrived?” Sean asked.

“I requested Grandpa to inform me when you two arrive. He called me today morning” Sean sighed. Dad and grandpa must have communicated with each other.

“Sean! I am sorry for everything” he said out of the blue.

“Everything happened for reason” Sean said

“I never knew to whom I am going against. After all it’s my sister” he murmured.

“Alex!” Riana walked to them. Alex stood up from the couch.

“Riana! How have you been?” his words were so emotional.

“I am alright Alex. I am sorry I couldn’t give a call to you”

“No, it’s alright. I wanted to come and personally meet you like this. I am sorry, Riana. I couldn’t recognize you as my sister”

“You don’t need to apologies Alex. It’s the results of our elders mistakes. Please sit down”

Three of them sat together. They knew they had so many to discuss.

“Alex! Will you help me?”

After explaining their plan to solve this tangle, Riana asked from him.

“You are always welcome to my family, Riana. But I am not sure what the parents will do” he replied.

“I know. But we are not going to give up” Sean said.

“You two are amazing”

“Don’t you know that?” Sean asked back with a smile.

“Are you now smiling at me? Oh! Sean! You have a beautiful smile” Alex laughed.

“Stop it Alex. I am trying to forget all your stupid things and move on as you are the biological brother of my wife. Don’t be too much friendly” Sean’s words were not harsh but straight.

“Stop your fake fight, will you?” Riana interfered.

“Then, I am leaving. I will talk to my dad and see what he is thinking. My mom is the problem. She already left our house and sent divorce papers to my father. I don’t know what their current position is”

“I am sorry Alex”

“No, Riana. After all it’s their life and fate. They never lived as a family together. My dad was always abroad and my mom was in her own rich world. I grew up alone after my younger sister died. However, I can see I found her again from you. At least I won’t be alone anymore,” he said with a smile.

“Thank you Alex” Riana murmured.

“Can I hug my sister once before I leave?” he asked with a funny smile while looking at Sean.

“It’s too early I guess” It was Sean’s answer. Three of them smiled at each other.

“It’s okay Sean. Keep her to you forever. But remember I will support you two” he walked towards the door while waving his hand.

“Oh! I forgot something” Alex stopped at the doorstep while taking an envelope from his pocket.

“Grandpa asked me to handover this to you”

“What is this?” Sean opened the envelope.

“I should go and meet Grandpa,” Sean said.

“What is it?” Riana poked her head towards the invitation card.

“Mr. Carlton is coming in this weekend. Company is going to hold a party. This will be my chance, Riana. I know what to do” Sean said with a smile.

“What are you thinking Sean?” Alex asked.

“You will see” there was the same thoughtful smile in his face.

 

 

………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

 

 

Sean drove towards the Spencer Mansion when Alex left. He knew he could get a good use of this situation. When he walked in, he found Grandpa who was watching the television in the large living room.

“Sean!” surprisingly he looked at him. His eyes shone with his presence.

“How have you been?” Sean asked while sitting opposite to him.

“I am always the same, you know”

“It’s feel like after long time I see you like this” Grandpa said. Sean smiled at him.

“I got your invitation” he said.

“If you remember I mentioned about this long ago. This matter needs your presence and attention”

“But, I am not managing Tango group anymore”

“Still all your decisions are operating and all your projects are ongoing. It’s only a matter of fact about your presence” grandpa said.

“Grandpa” Chairman looked at him. It is the first time he called him Grandpa after all the mess happened. He felt a pleasant feeling with that word.

“Actually I am here to negotiate…” he said.

“What do you want negotiate?”

“My life and your company” chairman remained while staring at him silently. He knew how he thinks.

“Tell me about it”

“I believe you are aware of what happened at the village between I and my father” he started.

“What do you want me to do?”

“My father agreed to cancel Riana’s adoption. This is the only solution I can see”

“So, what do you want me to do, Sean?” Sean looked at his old face. He was so calm than any other day.

“Actually, the solution is to solve this matter legally, Grandpa”

“You are going around the bush, Sean. This is not you” grandpa said. Sean sighed. He wanted to say those words. ‘Please cancel my adoption’ but he could not bring it to him. Even though he said those words to his father straightaway, here he could not bring himself. He was scared that those words would hurt grandpa.

“I know Grandpa. But… actually…” he bit his lips anxiously.

“Do you want me to cancel your adoption?” Sean looked at his calm face. How come he is so calm at this moment?

“Grandpa…!!”

“When I asked you to solve this matter with your father, I knew this will be where you will come, Sean”

“Grandpa, I am sorry”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter