Episode 22

The Rebellious Fate - Hyunmin Version
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kim Hyun Joong -as- Sean Spencer

 

AND

 

 

Jung So Min -as- Riana Ferdinand

 

..............................................................................................................................................................................

 

 

Early in the morning, Sean got dressed to go to Spenser Mansion. There were tons of things struggling in his mind and he wanted to talked with Grandpa. While wearing his blazer on the top of his blue shirt, he stepped down the stairs.

"Good Morning, young master. You are early, today" With the greeting of Mr. Loris, Sean smiled at him.

"Good Morning, Mr. Loris. Has B2 come?" he asked.

"Not yet, young master. Should I call and check on him?"

"No, it's Ok. I will drive. Ask him to stay here until I come" he ordered.

"Okay young master"

"And Loris, Ask Riana also to stay here until I come. I will be back soon" he said again.

"She must be sleeping yet. When she wakes up, I will tell her" He replied.

"Okay, See you later"

Sean stepped out from the penthouse while thinking what he should do as the next step.

...........................................................................................................................................................

 

"Hello, Sean! Good Morning! Seeing you after so long and it the early morning today"

Sean smiled at Ms. Clara while entering the Spenser Mansion.

"Good Morning!" he said short.

"Where's your sister? Why didn't she come with you?" she asked looking around.

"Why are you looking for her? Don't tell me you are forcing her to do the household work" he said placing his hands into his pockets.

"I just asked. You are such an irritating person" she frowned and stepped out from him. He hurriedly climbed up the staircase towards grandpa's room.

"Has he woken up?" He asked the servant who was coming out of his room.

"Yes, he's reading the newspaper"

Sean entered the room and closed the door.

"Oh! Sean! After a long time, I am seeing you" Seeing him there as a person a smile came to his old lips. He kept the newspaper on the table and waited in the chair until he comes.

"I was so busy at the office" he reasoned.

"I know, I know. Because of your sister and Clara, I was alright at this mansion. But, I missed you" he said. Sean noticed that his facial expressions were so good today.

"Sorry, grandpa. I will come often" he said sitting next to him.

"So, what's the reason you come today early in this morning to see me? Don't tell you came because you missed me" he said with a smile. Sean walked to him and sat in front of him. He was totally looked serious.

"Grandpa! I came to discuss regarding Riana..." he replied. Keeping the newspaper on the desk Grandfather looked at him carefully.

"About Riana?"

"Yes"

"She's at your place, right?" he asked.

"Yes, she's sleeping. I didn't wake her up"

"You care for her now" A smile came to the lips of the old man. Sean remained in silence.

"I think I should care for her" he replied short.

"That's very good then. And I think you came at the right time. Didn't she tell you anything specifically?" he asked.

"No, nothing" Sean lied.

"I see. Maybe she's shy" Grandfather laughed.

"Grandpa, let me tell you about my concern" Sean wanted to present his idea at first. He didn't want to get the second chance since he knew what grandpa was going to tell him.

"Ok, tell me"

"I am thinking of sending her abroad for studies..." Sean said in a serious voice.

"What? Send her abroad?"

"Yes, if she does she can graduate and learn a lot. She doesn't need to just stay at home like this. Since you are also fine and well now, she can spend her time on studies" Grandfather stared at the guy carefully. He sensed something fishy but he was unable to recognize.

"Sean! What are you planning?" he asked.

"What do you mean by?"

"I feel like you are planning something different. Do you still hate her? Don't you like to see her every day next to you? You found her recently and now you are trying to send her away again. I don't understand" Sean sighed. He turned towards grandpa's side completely.

"Grandpa, listen. I don't hate her anymore and I can't hate her as you think. I like her so much and I want to see her every day. But, I do this for her own good. There's no any hidden card behind this" He tried to reason.

"Okay, Sean. Then let me tell you about my concern. There is a very good path for her future and this is so good since she's in her perfect age" Sean knew what he's getting at. He remained in silence.

"Alex likes her a lot. Yesterday he came and proposed. He asked my permission to marry Riana. I think it's a very good choice. Instead of sending her abroad, don't you think it's a good decision?"

Sean knew where grandpa was coming at. This's the most dangerous and frightful thing he could ever imagine.

"I oppose this proposal" he replied.

"Why?"

"Alex is not the man for her and she's still in her twenties. She can study more before getting married" he commented.

"You know what, it's so good when girls get married at their younger age. They can deliver beautiful and healthy babies when they are young. And when they get married early, they have so much of time to enjoy their lives. If she wants she can study after that, there is no problem for that"

Sean stood up from the chair. He was unable to listen to this conversation anymore. His heart was aching and aching a lot.

"I said I oppose for this proposal..." he said fast. His face has gotten red already with the anger.

"Why don't we ask from her?" Without considering his reply Grandpa said.

"There's nothing to ask. Alex is not the man. I hate him to death. He's just a show off" he replied.

"Sean, listen to me. Let's ask from her first. I am sure she likes him. I have seen how they were friendly with each other"

"There's no point of talking with you, grandpa. You are stubborn as always. But, this marriage will not happen no matter what. I will send her abroad for studies. You can hate me but I will never let her marry Alex"

Sean gritted his teeth with anger. He was unable to handle the pressure he was born. He just understood the barriers which he has to face one by one. But, he's not a person to let go that much easier.

"Sean! You are crossing the limit" Grandpa said bit irritatingly.

"Yes, I want to cross the limit. So badly, I want to cross the limit grandpa. But...But..............." He stopped. His eyes got gloom and sad at once. Grandpa stared at him shockingly. He has never seen him like this.

"What's the matter?" he asked sensing something off.

"I am leaving" He hurriedly stepped out of the room. He met Mr. Noris with some files there and there was a shock in his face. Sean just understood that he has heard the entire conversation.

..........................................................................................................................................................

 

Riana steeped out from the penthouse with a burdened mind. Her mind has got confused with the news she got from Mr. Loris.

'Young madam, are you going abroad? I think the Young master is discussing it now with the Chairman'

Her mind was restless from the moment she heard it from him. Since she promised to meet Marina in the morning time, she had to go out even though she was aware that Sean has asked her to wait for him.

She got into a taxi and rode towards the restaurant where her friend asked her to come.

She began to think. The distant she felt from him yesterday ran to her mind without a delay. She knew how passionate he's when he's with her. But yesterday he was so silent and calm. Though she asked about it, he just smiled at her.

'Was he thinking about sending me abroad all the time when he was with me?'

She thought sadly.

'He should have discussed it with me before he talks to the Chairman'

She thought again. She felt depressed and restless. Why does he want to send me away now? We just started our relationship? What's the reason he wants to do that?

Riana stepped into the restaurant. She was surprised to see Marina there. The restaurant is fancy and looks luxury.

"Mari! What's this place? This looks so expensive. Are you sure that we need to eat here?" she asked.

"It's Ok...I will buy today" she said with a smile. Two friends sat next to each other while ordering the breakfast menu.

"Riana! Your face is not good. Are you alright?" she asked.

"I am alright. Still feeling bit sleepy" she tried to smile.

"I asked you to come here to ask something. And then I will tell you something as well. Since you are my friend, I don't want to run around the bush" Riana looked at her friend. Her face was serious.

"Okay, Mari. I also need to go back soon. Tell me, what is it about?"

"Okay, let me ask this. Where do you work and who is your boss?" Riana shockingly stared at her.

"Huh!!!"

"It's not something difficult to answer, right?"

"Yeah...Well..............." she was unable to find words. It's a secret.

"Okay, then tell me...What kind of relationship you have with your boss? Why do you ride the Ferrari with him? It's not that each and every employee gets an opportunity to ride the Ferrari with his boss"

Riana felt like speechless. She remained silent while looking at her shockingly.

"Are you in a relationship with him?" she asked next again. Taking the water glass on the table, Riana drank it at a stretch while thinking what to say.

"Mari, listen. I am working under a secret deal. So, I cannot reveal the facts" she said.

"Well...Okay, I understand. But, whenever I saw you with him, I felt something fishy, Riana. He didn't look at you with a boss's eyes. When he stared at you, his eyes were sparking"

Riana listened to her conversation. On one side, her heart felt a little happiness hearing like such but on another side, she was speechless what to answer.

"Well...Mari...It's not like that" she murmured.

"Okay, girl... If you refuse or don't want to reveal anything, then let me tell you this. Do not ever fall for him. He's handsome, rich and smart but he's a player Riana. Do not ever fall for a man like him. That's what I wanted to say"

She felt a little disheartened at her but she wanted to know more.

"What? Why do you say so?" she asked.

"If you have any hidden feelings for him, then erase them without a delay. He's not the man for you. He's totally a player"

"What are you talking Mari. He's not a person like that" She said fast.

"You are defending him, my girl"

"It's not like that. Since I work for him, I know"

"Listen. In this very restaurant, in this very table, I saw him with another woman a few days back" Marina said trying to check her friend's facial expressions. She wanted to make her realize that whatever it's she's playing with fire.

"What? A Woman?"

"Yes"

"She must be one of his clients. He's the managing director of the company, Marina" she reasoned it.

"Okay. But, I have never seen business partners kiss each other while having a business discussion. And kissing very passionately"

Riana's eyes widened. Her eyelids touched her eyebrows almost. With a shocking face, she woke her voice.

"What are you talking? Kiss?"

"Yes, Riana. While I was walking this way, I saw B2 near a car. So, I stepped to him to have a little chit-chat. But then only I saw it. They were kissing. The girl left at first and then your boss came this way. I tried to talk to him but he ignored me and left with B2" Marina explained.

"No, No... that cannot happen. He's not a person like that" Riana muttered shockingly.

"Riana!"

"Hmmm...."

"Do you love him?" she asked back. Riana looked at her friend's face. She remained in silence.

"Your entire body language tells me that you are in love with him. Do you have a relationship with him?" she asked again.

"Yes. I love him and I trust him a lot" Riana answered.

"He's just a player Riana. I was so scared thinking about you. When I saw you with him last time I sensed that there's something going on between you two. That's why I wanted to tell you this"

"Listen, Mari... He was a playboy. But he is not a playboy anymore. He loves me a lot. And I know that" Marina sighed looking at her friend. She was able to see the complications in her eyes.

"Okay, Riana. If you trust him that much, you can go and ask him. If I am wrong I am so sorry. What I said was what I saw. But, Riana, don't you think you should think twice? He's not someone like us. He's one of the richest persons in the country"

"Mari, I know what you mean. I don't know what will happen in the future, but, for today, I am happy. You know, I am just a simple girl. But, Mari, for what you said, I am bit confused. I trust him a lot and I trust you as well. I wonder what should I do..." Riana said frustratingly

"Just ask him. You can read him then. Should I tell you the features of that beautiful girl?" she asked next.

Riana nodded her head.

............................................................................................................................................................

 

The foundation of a relationship is the trust. More than everything, trust, and honesty is the base of any successful relationship. But, sometimes, though that trust is so strong, a familiar storm can break it for pieces.

Riana was walking through the road. Her heart was making a lot of assumptions and theories while she was walking without an aim. She knew she believes him no matter what, but, is it a foolish thing to do? When someone is in love, they said trust is a must. And she trusts him with all her heart. But, today, she was shaken. Because it was not another one, but the beauty queen, Caroline.

She found the small park at the end of the road. She stepped in there and found a bench. She sat there. The small children were playing around. Blankly she looks at them. She remembered her brother with the view of children in the park. But they never had a chance to come to a children park. She sighed.

Sean's face drew in her mind. And her brain started to join the pieces of uncertainties into one picture where her heart will have to accept.

Yesterday, he was so distant from her. Even when she tried to get along and chatty he was so silent and calm. He was totally different. And even without telling her he has gone to Grandpa and said that he will send her abroad. And before all of these, Marina has witnessed of the kiss which he shared with Caroline. Can all this be interlinked? Is he distancing from her because of Caroline? Trying to send her abroad secretly?

No... That can't be. He said his heart doesn't beat for anyone except her. When he's with her, his eyes always sparked and he was so much in love with her. He was always passionate and caring towards her whenever they met. And he made her believe that she's the only one for him.

But, then, why did he do that? Why was he so much distant from her yesterday night? She came there to see him and be with him but he left in the morning and asked permission to send her abroad. And above all of them, why did he kiss Caroline?

Riana held her head. She was feeling so lost and sad. She was unaware of the reality which was going on but everything's pointed in one direction. That's he has betrayed her.

'Ring.........Ring.......... Ring..........'

She looked at her phone. It was him. She just remembered that he wanted her to be at penthouse when he comes. Maybe, he wanted to deliver the news of sending her abroad. She remained looking at the phone blankly until the call got disconnected.

'Ring.......... Ring.......... Ring.........'

It was ringing again but she didn't answer. She didn't want to answer. It may not be she suspected him but she was hurt. She wanted to ask him but she didn't know what she should ask. Switching off the phone, she put it into her small bag. Little children were still playing in front of her eyes. She just remained looking at them.

.............................................................................

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter