Episode 09

The Rebellious Fate - Hyunmin Version
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Kim Hyun Joong   -as-  Sean Spencer

 

 

Jung So Min    -as-    Riana Ferdinand

 

Lee Hong Ki -as- Alex Watson  

 

 

 

‘Riana, Marina here… Where are you? Are you really alright? Why didn’t you call me?' 

Just before entering the house, she read the text message which she got just now from her friend. She remembered that she didn’t contact her though she said she will. She hurriedly dialed the number.

“Riana! What’s going on?” Marina asked as the first word.

“It’s a long story Mari” she replied.

“Tell me where you are. I will visit you. I am off for the day” she said curiously.

“You can’t come here, Mari. I will tell you a date and a time with a place soon” Marina got suspected with her reply.

“Riana! Are you really alright?” she asked with a fright.

“Don’t worry. I am alright. I got a job and it’s a bit different from other jobs which I did so far. I need to get permission for a leave if I want to go out. That’s why I said so” she said simply trying to mitigate her curiosity.

“I see… I thought you have been caught for something illegal”

“Don’t imagine, girl... When I meet you, I will tell you everything, And regarding my father, I tried few times to phone him but his phone's not working”

“When I called him on the day when he left the village, he said he was alright and just came home. But, after that, I couldn’t contact him too” Riana sighed.

“I feel like I should go and see him, Marina. But, I wonder whether I can leave”

“Why? Is it because of leave problem?”

“Yes”

“What about the weekend? I am free in the coming weekend. If you want, let me know. I will come with you”

“Thanks a lot, girl. I also think the same. I will contact you when it's confirmed again” Riana said with a thought.

“By the way, Riana, Lester asked about you”

“Lester? My previous supervisor of the event management company?”

“Yes, He asked your whereabouts. I think he’s interested in you” Riana heard the laugh in the other end.

“Interested in me? Are you nuts?”

“No, no… It’s the truth. He seems worried about you. Didn’t you at least give him a call when you quit the job?” Marina asked curiously.

“No, I couldn’t. I came home on the same night” she replied.

“In the same night? But how? By bus?”

“No, I met someone I know. He gave me a lift”

“Ohhhhhh!!!! Someone!!! He!!!! Who is he?” Riana noticed the fancy tone of her further. A smile came to her lips.

“Don’t imagine weird things, Mari. I will tell you when I meet you”

“Yep…yep… If I am not mistaken you don’t know anyone in this town except me… And that someone is a male, it’s a really interesting fact”

“Don’t go overboard, stupid... I need to go back to work now… 

"Ok...Ok...." she heard Mari was laughing.

"Let’s meet soon. I will call you”

Disconnecting the line, with a smile she stepped into the mansion keeping a hope of going back to the village to see father. What will Sean say for that? Will he let me go? But, it’s a compulsory thing. Whatever I do here, I can’t abandon my family. She determined finally stepping into the mansion.

“Riana!” her steps froze with a voice. Sitting in a wheelchair Grandpa was there in the living room. His personal servant was there next to him. She stepped into him.

“Grandpa. How are you?”

“I am alright. Did you go out?” he asked.

“Yes, I went with brother. He dropped me here and left again”

“I see. It’s good you tag along with him.” Riana smiled at him.

“Riana!”

“Yes, Grandpa!”

“There is someone you need to meet” he stated.

“Alex! Come here” he called someone’s name next. A handsome boy who looks so rich and luxurious came out from the ground floor office room.

“Riana! This is Alex. His family is close friends of us from long ago. He works with Sean at the company. And, Alex, this Riana, Sean’s younger sister”

Grandpa introduced themselves. He smiled at her and so she was.

“Nice to meet you...” he said with a smile.

“Nice to meet you too” she smiled at him.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

The entire afternoon Riana spent her time with Alex at home. He was really friendly, smart and decent. They had lunch together while having a conversation.

“How come you are totally different from your brother? You are totally opposite of him” he commented noticing her politeness and kindness but those words bit made her nervous.

“Why do you say so?” she asked back.

“Sean’s not friendly with others but you are not like that...” he said with a smile.

“Is that so?”

“Yes. I know Sean for years and he has never considered me as a friend”

“That’s so bad” she replied while taking the Salmon dish on the table.

“Here for you too” she pushed the dish toward him.

“Thank you. But, I don’t think I can have it” he said politely refusing it.

“Why?”

“I am allergic to Salmon” he stated.

“Really?” Riana surprised. She remembered someone suddenly.

“You seem to be really surprised” he commented.

“Ah! No…nothing. You should be careful” she replied tried to hiding her excitement.

“Yes, I am” Alex smiled while keeping the spoon on the plate.

“Ring……Ring……Ring…….” His phone began ringing. But, it was a sudden surprise for her. That ringtone!!! That song which he has used for the ringtone!!! She listened to it thoroughly until he answered the call.

She remembered that someone again in her mind. A sudden excitement crawled within her. She waited till he finished the phone call.

“Alex!” when he kept the phone on the table she called him.

“Yes!”

“That ringing tone! It’s a French song, right?” she asked trying overcome her curiosity.

“Do you know that song?” he asked back.

“Ahhhhh!! Yeah!! I have heard it somewhere” she said a lie.

“It’s one of my favorite song from my childhood” he stated with a smile. But Riana was unable to smile at him. She felt like lost suddenly.

“From your childhood?” she asked back.

“Yes, I got to know that song when I was a kid and still I like it” She stunned with his words. Can it be? Can it be? No way, right? She heard her mind was saying her.

“And..., Alex, do you know anything about Albert William?” she asked out of the blue.

“Albert William?”

“Yes, Albert William!” she waited curiously.

“I…. don’t think…so….” Alex tried to remember that name. Riana sighed. ‘I must be crazy. What did I think?’ she blamed herself silently.

“Ahhh!! Yeah!!! I remember…. Albert William!” Alex said suddenly. With widened eyebrows, Riana looked at him.

“Albert William is the famous cycler…he was the fastest at that time… He was injured in between a race and quit his career… I liked him a lot as a kid and I also wanted to do cycling because of him…”

Riana’s lips sealed with a surprise. Her surprised eyes tended toward him.

"Are you also interested in him?" he asked back.

"Ahhhh! Yeah!" she murmured.

“Riana! You seem to be so much surprised” he said noticing her expressions.

“Yes, I am…totally… you remember everything just as me…” she said with the same curious thoughts. Alex smiled at her. She tried to draw the image of that person in her mind. She had only about the 12 years old boy’s memories. She tried to match those figures with the gentleman who was in front of her. The Salmon allergy! The ringing tone! And the cyclist! Those were few unique things about her brother.

‘Alex! Is he my brother? Am I dreaming? Can it be?’ she thought crazily. Even though the features of the 12 years old boy don’t match with the gentleman, she believed that people can change when time passes. But the name! Hmm…. The name can be changed too…

But, she has become Sean’s sister already. How come she resolves her curious facts with Alex's being the sister of someone else now? There must be something she can do… At least she can do a background test on him. First of all, she should know whether he’s searching for a sister…

“Riana!”

“Yes!” She fell into the real world with Alex’s voice.

“Tomorrow there will be an art exhibition in the town hall.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter