Episode 48

The Rebellious Fate - Hyunmin Version
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

Kim Hyun Joong -as- Sean Spencer

AND

Jung So Min -as- Riana Ferdinand

 

.........................................,...............................................................................

The climate was still cold. The morning dews were still there. When it's dawn, dad reached home. He was unable to figure out how he needs to solve this matter. 

"Did they forget to lock the door?"

Surprisingly he pushed the main door and it opened. His instincts felt something strange. He stopped at the doorstep and looked through. The floor was still wet. Footprints were everywhere. He walked to the living room. His eyes began searching for his son but failed. He walked to his own room and poked his head. Only his old clothes were there. Something felt weighted in his heart. He slowly stepped towards his adopted daughter's room. He stopped in front of the locked door and took a high breath.

...............................................................................................................................

She was in his arms. His arms were holding her tight. They were sleeping like babies after so long. It was a long night for them. After so long they felt each other. It's not only physical, but it also connected their souls once again. The bond of love! The bond of marriage!

He has woken up a few minutes ago but he was greedy to wake her up. Her soft skin and hair were giving him sensations once again. He kissed her face dearly. His heart fluttered.

"knock............knock.......... knock............."

The sudden noise was a hassle for him. Sean remained the same and listened once again. Who's knocking the door? Is it the main door?

"knock............knock.......... knock............."

"Oh my God! It's out bedroom door" he came back to his senses within few seconds.

"Riana, wake up" he hurriedly jumped out from the bed. While putting his trouser which was on the floor he woke up her hurriedly.

"knock............knock.......... knock............." It was then, she heard the sound.

"Young master! Someone is knocking the door" she said while sitting on the bed. Her face was totally frightened.

"Dress up, soon," he said while collecting her clothes and throwing them to her. With a fear, she jumped out of the bed. She put her clothes hurriedly.

When she began buttoning her top, Sean walked to the door.

"Are you Ok?" Riana nodded her head.

"Will you open the door or shall I break this?" They heard dad's irritated voice.

Noticing that she was about to finish dressing, Sean slowly opened the door. While joining her hands frightfully Riana remained standing next to their bed.

"Dad!" she murmured with fear when they were able to see him.

Sean recognized the irritated face of his father. He noticed that his old eyes were wandering around the room. The untidy bed and blankets, the wet floor, the fallen pillows caught his attention. And most importantly the messy out the appearance of both of them were clearly visible enough to understand what has happened during the entire night.

Dad's irritated gaze passed towards Sean. And he noticed the fire on them. Sean stared at his father's eye to eye this time. He noticed the anger and the expression of betrayal in his old eyes.

"What are you doing here?" Dad asked. His expressions were about to burst. Sean remained silent. He wanted to talk about this matter with him today and that's what he agreed with Riana as well. But, this situation doesn't lead to discussions.

"Did you sleep in this room?" he asked again.

"Dad! Listen to me" Riana walked to him. Her face was full of fear.

"Stop. I will talk to you later" His words were like a command. Riana stopped at the spot.

"I am talking to you; don't you hear me?" Dad turned to Sean once again. Sean sighed. He knew that everything's about to go wrong once again.

"Do you really want me to answer?" Sean asked stubbornly. Riana's scared eyes tended towards him.

"What?"

"Don't you really know?"

"Stop asking questions. Answer for what I asked. What are you two doing here?" Dad roared.

"Okay, we slept together"

Riana knew how stubborn her husband is. But she never knew that he could be stubborn even in a situation like that. It was just a second passed when she noticed the fresh fire in Dad's eyes.

'Slap'

His fingers were like an arrow. While holding the cheek, Sean stared at him. There was no shock in his face.

"Dad!" Riana screamed at the same time. She covered from her hands. What is going to happen now?

"What did you just say? What did you say that you did? How dare you talk to your father like that?" he roared once again.

"Are you crazy? Don't you know who she is to you? Don't you know she is your step-sister?" he shouted painfully.

"This may not be the best situation to split everything, but there won't be another time if I don't tell you now" Sean replied while ignoring all his questions.

"What? What are you talking about?" Sean walked to Riana slowly. He held her hand and looked at the shocking eyes of his father.

"We are married" he split those three weighted words straightly staring at his eyes. Shockingly Riana stared at him. She was unable to imagine what he's up to.

Dad remained a few minutes in silence. His eyes became blank and his face gone expressionless. He placed his hands into the trouser pockets and sighed. After a long silence, he raised his head and stared at both of his children.

"Listen to me. She has her mother's surname. I didn't change it though she was legally adopted to my family. But it doesn't change anything. She is my daughter. I looked after her since she was in kindergarten. I fed her, I bathed her and every day I walked her to the school. Riana, you are my daughter" He stopped for a moment and breathed heavily. She felt so hurt to listen. Tears counted to her ears.

"Her adoption was the last wish of her mother. I promised her mother that I will look after her as my daughter until I live. And, legally you are her step-brother. Both of you are family. Family members cannot get married. It's illegal. And as she's adopted legally, your marriage becomes null and void and your actions become disgusting. Do you understand what I say?"

Sean listened to his words carefully. He knew everything he's talking about was true. He knew all those facts. But to his surprise, he felt that dad knew about this before. Sean didn't notice any shock or surprise in his face when he announced about their marriage. From the beginning, it was an irritation. And now it's a disappointment. There was no shock in his face.

"Riana! Don't you care about your mother's last wish? Don't you remember how she held your hands at her last moment?" Dad asked once again looking at the girl.

"Dad, it's not like that... I...I..."

She couldn't find words to answer him. Her heart was filling with fear and sadness together. While both of them remained in silence, dad stepped a few steps towards their room, caught her hand and dragged her with him. Riana shockingly stared at Sean. She noticed that he was thinking of something else deeply.

"We are going back to the village" she heard his words next.

"What?" Her eyes popped out with the shock of his words.

"You can't take her with you"

Dad stopped at the spot. He looked back and noticed the brave eyes of his son. Sean walked to them and pulled out her hand from his custody and made her free.

"Do you still have the courage to talk to me?"

"I have not done any wrong"

"What?"

"You knew about this before, right?" He asked straightly staring at his eyes.

"What are you talking about?"

"You are not surprised to hear that we are married. Before you came to our house, you knew about it, right?" Dad became silent at once. He looked at his smart child curiously.

"Who is your informant? Who told you about us?"

"Dad, is this true?" Riana shockingly asked.

"Listen, Sean. What you have done is a fatal mistake. In fact, it's not a mistake, it's wrong. Do not change the subject and escape"

"I am not trying to escape. If I wanted to escape, I wouldn't have said the truth. It's you who is hiding the facts. Who is the person you met from time to time in this town? Who gave you information about us?"

"Sean, shut your mouth"

"Just tell us the truth. Just accept that you knew about this before you come here" he shouted at him. Just like in childhood, still, he's stubborn and quick-tempered.

"Yes, I knew. I knew about your ridiculous marriage. I came here just after I knew it. So what?"

"Dad!!! You knew it?" Riana asked painfully.

"Then, do you know why I married her? Do you know what is the reason for our marriage?" he shouted once again at his father.

"I know. I know you married her because you are a stubborn head" Sean's eyes popped with the anger. He was smart enough to understand everything behind them. He just understood who's the informant.

"Was that the way grandpa told you? Did grandpa tell you that I married her because I am a stubborn head?" Dad looked at his smart kid. He understood that Sean's capable to realize someone's mind through the words.

"Was it the chairman? Did Chairman tell you about us?" Riana asked shockingly from Dad. But he remained in silence.

"Listen, I married her because I wanted to protect her. If I didn't marry her she was in danger. Her life was about to become a mess. Remember, I didn't marry her because I am a stubborn head.

"Sean, you can't change what you have done. Even if you marry her to protect her, then you should have known what are your boundaries. You should have remembered that the one you married was your step-sister. You must have a conscience. Didn't your heart scream at you when you sleep with her? Didn't you feel guilty? How come you justify your wrong deed even after what you did with your sister? It's disgusting"

"No! You are wrong" Sean shouted at him. His tone was too high. His eyes were painful and expressions were nervous.

"It's not disgusting. I slept with her because she's the one I love. From the beginning to the end, she's the woman I love. There's no day that I don't love her. She was never a sister to me and she will never as well. I saw her as a woman and I will see her as a woman as well. Just because you adopted her even without considering my consent, she doesn't become a sibling of mine...Do you know that?"

'Slap'

The second time of the day, he raised his hand against his son. Sean held his face painfully. More than his cheek, his heart hurt so much. Painfully he looked at her.

"Dad! Stop this" Enough was enough for her.

"Riana! Pack your things, we are going home" Dad said stubbornly staring at her.

"No! This is my home. My home is where my husband is. I am not going anywhere" It was after so long Sean was able to hear those words from her mouth. His heart melted for her. Just like he loves her, he realizes whatever happened her love for him hasn't changed even a bit.

"Riana! Don't make me a devil here. Go and pack your things. There is no husband here"

"Dad! Please... you need to listen to us too"

"Did you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter