Chapter | 14

Erased | Krisho
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yixing sits, Wendy sitting beside him and his father is situated on the opposite side of the much too large dining table. The atmosphere is tense, but Yifeng - Yixing refuses to refer to him as father - only looks tied and disgruntled. But Yixing feels no pity for the old man. Arms crossed in front of him, they both look elsewhere, Yifeng's eyes focused on the dining room interior and Yixing's on Wendy's hands sorting out documents. 

Wendy clears and begins. "I brought you here Mr Wu, for an update on business at the moment. I didn't specify that in the email for certain reasons."

Yifeng lets out a slight scoff. "As I figured Miss Son - confidentiality is important - although I do suspect that my son didn't agree to this?" He says it as if his son is not sittinf right in front of him.

Yixing flinches and his brows cave in. He sees Wendy opening to say something, but he beats her to it. Gritting he says, "I did - but only for business purposes." If Yifeng is surprised, he doesn't show it.

Yifeng doesn't say anything in return, only letting his gaze linger on Yixing one moment before turning back to Wendy. The female continues. "I got your message about our insiders situated in Canada, and contacted him through Yiyun, our international officer." She slips a folder across to the older. "He said he's willing to help extend the business."

Yifeng nods. "Did you get Yiyun to brief him?"

Wendy nods. "Yes."

"How long do you think it will take for him to settle?" 

"We're estimat--" 

Yifeng cuts her off. "--Yixing could you tell me?" He raises an eyebrow at his son, who has been quiet the whole time, staring daggers at his father. Yixing knows what his father's trying to do - it's a test - and he's so ing sick of it. Ever since he was a child he was tested, whether it be physical or mentally. Right now, Yifeng is testing his knowledge, probably tryig to prove that somehow Yixing is slipping in his position as the head of Wu-Zhang korea. Well, today, Yixing will prove him wrong. 

Sitting up and clasping his hands in front of him, Yixing looks his father dead in the eyes and in a smooth and sharp voice - the same he uses with client when making a deal - he says, "We estimate that it will take about six months, give or take. The insider - Henry Lau, he likes to be called - is well educated and already helps distribute our goods alongside Yiyun. But, since there have been more requests and offers, extending the business in western regions would enlarge our profits and market immensely."

Yifeng is quiet for a second as he just stares at his son for a moment, a blank look on his face. He is impressed, but doesn't show it. If anything, he feels a swell of pride. Wendy is tense in her spot and Yixing looks like he's about to punch someone, his knuckles getting paler by the second. All the while, both males share a hard beeline of eye contact. The silence is broken when Yifeng stands, buttoning his large coat. 

"I think I'll take my leave, if you don't have anything more to discuss that is?" He raises an eyebrow at Wendy who only shakes her head. 

"No sir, it's fine. That was all."

Yifeng nods and leaves the room. When the door opens, Yixing looks back and sees that Qian had been waiting. His mouth tugs slightly at the sight of the woman - he hadn't seen her for a while. She gives him a small wave and a smile, and he waves back. Sinking back into his chair, Wendy gives him yet another smile. 

In fact, she is grinning. He scowls, "What?"

She shakes her head. "It nothing....just...since when were you so confident?"

Yixing closes his eyes and leans back into his chair, exhausted. He folds his arms and replies, 

"Since I started running a business on the black market."

-

-

Chanyeol just stares at him. He blinks a few more times before saying, "What?" 

Kris rolls his eyes. "I need to stay the night. At your place." He says again. 

Chanyeol frowns, and through a mouthful of gimbap, asks. "But like why? I thought you didn't like my house." He stabs his chopsticks into a mush of salad and Kris grimaces at the mayo drowned vegetables. Minseok and Jongdae were sitting with them too, but the two seemed to be stuck in their own world and said they were going somewhere - Kris bet that it was to watch and Chanyeol said it was to make out in a classroom. 

"What if they do both?" Chanyeol had said and Kris slapped him up the head.

"Well, now I do." Kris himself didn't have any lunch to eat, seeing as he didn't return home that night or morning. He didn't have a uniform either, but after digging around in the lost property, found something sizable. It didn't fit perfectly though - the pants were bit too big around the waits and were shorter than normal and the shirt was almost on the verge of exposing his belly button - but he couldn't care any less at the moment. 

"Kris, what's brought this on?"

"I just thought it was time we had a sleepover."

Chanyeol doesn't seem to believe him, and he wipes the corners of his mouth before frowning. 

"Kris, you're eighteen, if anything a sleepover should mean ."

Kris splutters at the blunt remark. "I'm not trying to get into your pants!"

It's Chanyeol's turn to splutter this time and he bursts out laughing, smacking the table and making horrendous sounds. His face goes red and his eyes are balled into cresents. "Don't worry Kris, I didn't mean it that way....or maybe..." The other sits up as if he just realized something and then squints at Kris suspiciously. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter