Chapter | 12

Erased | Krisho
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun leaves him to shower, telling him that he'll have some well fitting clothes by the time he is finished. Kris thanks him for the thousandth time time before locking the door behind him, stripping himself off and turning the shower on, letting the cold water cool him down. Face buried in his hands, Kris tries not to let his skin get too hot. Everything about his life was a ing lie, and the dreams were all real.

Wu Fangjin turns the lights on, expecting an empty house and the light snores of her son in the background. But, it is too quiet, much too quiet for her liking. She slips her shoes off, leaving them by the front door and stretches, letting out a loud yawn. She was a nurse at the local hospital, and night shifts were the highest paying seeing as no one wanted to do it.

She grabs a glass of water. 

"You're finally home." Her son's deep voice rings through the silent atmosphere and has her half choking on her drink.

Fangjin almost spits the liquid from and her eyes widen at the sight of her son, standing in the hallway. She frowns at him, placing the glass onto the table. Wiping she scolds, "What are you still doing awake? I thought you have school tomorrow."

Kris nods, a dark look in his eyes. "Yeah, I do have school, but that's not important."

"Excuse me?" Fangjin's mind runs all over the place. What is wrong with Yifan tonight?

"You heard me. Or maybe you're too busy trying to keep secrets again."

Fangjin goes silent, and her heart rate begins to pick up as the panic sets in. Oh no. "Y-Yifan? What are you on about?" she tries in a not-so-convincing tone of confusion. 

Kris narrows his eyes. "I know, Mama. I know everything." He unfolds his arms and takes a few long strides until he is opposite her, beside the kitchen counter. 

Fangjin folds her arms and shakes her head, "Yifan stop being silly and tell me what you're talking about." Silently, Fangjin pleads to the gods above that it's about something other than what she is thinking. But her cries for mercy are in vain as Kris holds up a photograph, pointedly, in her face. 

She squints, and as her eyes adjust to it, horror seeps in and her veins go cold. She is glad that she put her glass down, because now both hands occupy the top of as her jaw drops. "N-No, i-it can't be." It's the family photo, taken just two months before her ex husband and Yixing moved out, the faces of her past that she longed to forget.

And Kris is angry. Trying to contain a leveled voice, Kris places the photograph down, hands now gripping the edges of their bench top tightly. "Were you ever going to say anything?" 

Fangjin ignores him as her wobbly voice finally surfaces, even after how dry had suddenly become. "H-How did you get this?" Fear. She is scared. 

"It doesn't matter how I got this, just answer my ing question!" 

Fangjin shakes her head. "Don't yell at me young man--"

"--I have every ing right to yell at you if I want to! It seems fair if you think about it, I mean, you hid the identity of my father from me, you hid the fact that I had a younger

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter