Chapter 8: A weekend Away

Innocent Love

Jimin excited has been busy packing all last night for the three-day party at Mina’s friend’s beach house, he lives in Los Angeles, so he wasn’t excited because of the beaches or the party, he was happy, he is going to be with Jungkook, away from their parents, among friends, listening to music, dancing, and eating. He had a dream the night before of Jungkook and him cuddling while watching the sunset on the beach, the very thought of it made him energized. Since it only took an hour drive to Malibu, they decided to rent a minivan for the group. His mom knocks on the door as he finishes checking his bag, only took the things he needed, three shirts, two jeans, one short and one pair of sandals and of course, he can’t forget his invitation letter for Jungkook and him.

“Packed?” she says, staring at him,

“Yap,” says Jimin.

“I know you’re an adult,” says his mom, “I’m aware that there will be alcohol there, maybe even drugs but be careful.”

Jimin cuffs, “First I don’t do drugs, and second Jungkook, Taehyung, and Mina are going to be with me so don’t worry.”

She sighs, still looking concerned, “I know you don’t, your friends don’t either, but you will be among strangers too, just look out for each other.”

“Of course,” says Jimin, he looks at his watch, “Taehyung should be here in a few minutes with the van, I’m gonna go check on Jungkook.” He grabs his bag and puts on his sunglass, he kisses his mom on the cheeks before leaving.

 

He knocks on Jungkook's door, Jungkook opens it,

“Hey,” he says, motioning for Jimin to come in. Jimin laughs, looking at how messy his room was, he had shoes on the floor and his bed was unmade, with boxes all over the place,

“Did a hurricane pass through here?” he teases,

“Ahh, I’m looking for my camera,” says Jungkook, “I can’t find it anywhere, I think I left it back in Seoul.”

“Camera?” says Jimin, sitting on the bed,

“Yeah, I purchased it for my photography club,” says Jungkook, he scratches his head, “I was studying films and business, it cost over nine hundred dollars.” He throws boxes out of his closet, Jimin follows him with his eyes as he walks around the room, looking here and there.

“We’re gonna be there three days maybe less depending on the party,” says Jimin, trying to ease him down, “You don’t need it.”

Jungkook sighs, staring at Jimin, making him shy, he clears his throat, he mumbles something underneath his breath that Jimin couldn’t make out,

 “What?” says Jimin.

“Nothing,” replies Jungkook, “Can you help me look for it hyung, I’m gonna go ask my mom, maybe one of the maids moved boxes in my room.”

He walks out of the room, baffled, Jimin gets up and starts opening some of the boxes, he was surprised by how unorganized Jungkook was, he still hasn’t unpacked some of his things. He starts looking here and there slowly, trying not to break anything. After three boxes, he couldn’t see any camera, but a small box all the way in the back of the closet made him curious, he picks up the box, he sits back on the bed and opens it, there was a picture of Jungkook and him on Jungkook’s first day of middle school, he laughs at how young they looked especially Jungkook, he looked like a baby bunny, beside the picture was a painted ladybug rock, Jimin did for his science class but he thought he had lost it,  he had it this whole time. The door opens and Jimin hides the box behind his back, smiling, trying not to look suspicious,

“I think I left it in Seoul,” says Jungkook, oblivious to Jimin, “I’ll call my dad and tell him to mail it.”

“Cool,” says Jimin, his phone rings and it was Taehyung, “The van is here.” He hangs up the phone,

“Let’s go, they’re here.”

 

They get outside, and the minivan was waiting for them, Jimin slid opens the door, an unfamiliar face stare at him and one face he hasn’t seen in a while, Taehyung’s cousin, Dahyun.

“Hi.”

“Hey,” replies the girls.

Jungkook and he climb in the back after they got situated, Jimin started introducing Jungkook to his friends, Taehyung and Mina, who were sitting in the front and to Dahyun. The other girl beside Dahyun introduced herself as Sarah, Mina’s friend.

“Alright let’s go,” says Taehyung, pulling the lever back into drive.

 

Twenty minutes into the drive, the car was quiet, Jimin steals a glance at Jungkook who was staring out the window,

“Do you remember Taehyung?” he asks, breaking the silence, Jungkook turns to look at him,

“What?”

“Taehyung was in the same class as us and you two were on the same soccer team in middle school,” continues Jimin.

“A little bit,” says Jungkook, “Now that I have seen him, he hasn’t changed much.”

“Jungkook,” calls Mina,  startling both Jimin and Jungkook,

“Yes!”

“You’re really handsome,” she shouts from the passengers’ seat, “Jimin never told me you were such a looker.”

“Um…Thanks…”

“You’re scaring him,” says Jimin, motioning Jungkook to not pay attention to her.

 

They finally arrive at the beach house, it was a few minutes from the Beach, they get out of the car after finding a parking, there were three other vans. Mina makes a phone call to her friend, who in a few minutes came out of the house,

“Hey, welcome guys,” she says, “Come on in.”

“Don’t we need to show her our invitations?” whispers Jimin to Mina.

“Nah, she only did those invitations so there won’t be people crushing the party, let's go.” They follow her inside the house, there were already people there, some sleeping on the couch, others chitchatting and watching tv. She takes them upstairs,

Since you guys are Mina’s close friends, “I tried to save you guys rooms, but there are only three left, so you’re gonna have to share.”

“I’ll share a room with my cousin,” says Taehyung, “Jimin can share with Jungkook, Mina with Sarah, its perfect.”

 Taehyung leans to Jimin, “Take advantage of the situation,” he whispers. Jimin rolls his eyes, ignoring his idiotic friend.

“Okay than,” says Mina’s friend, the host of the weekend getaway, “You’re all among friends, we have food, drinks, smokes, behave but don’t be too uptight, we are here to have fun, the party will be at eight pm, anything else just ask me or my boyfriend, Timmy.” She leaves them standing there.

Jimin clears his throat, and turns to Jungkook, “Jinx on the room on the left,”  he says pulling Jungkook by the wrist. He opens the door, it was a two bedroom with a view of the ocean, it was small but big enough for two people. Jimin slides open the glass doors and steps out onto the balcony, he breathes in the perfect, breezy, cool but warm air, he turns to Jungkook, who comes and stands next to him.

“Do you guys do this often?” he asks, “Isn’t it weird to be among so many strangers.”

“Not really,” says Jimin, “I don’t do this often, but summer is about experiencing and doing new things, besides I’m sure those other people feel the same way, we are strangers to them too.”

Jungkook laughs, “You’re right, besides school and track, I kept pretty much to myself, I had friends, but I didn’t like going to parties much.”

“You’re not disappointed right?” asks Jimin, concerned, hoping he didn’t force him to do something he was uncomfortable with.

“What? Not at all, I’m here with you, hyung,” he replies with a smile, “I’m looking forward to it.”

Jimin sighs relieved, “Let’s create many memories missed out on these past nine years,” he says quietly.

“Okay,” says Jungkook.