Chapter 4: The Boy I Love

Innocent Love

The atmosphere in the house has been intense and uncomfortable for the past week since Jimin confronted his father about the blind date a week ago. His dad and he had not eaten at the same table, they usually end up in an argument. The argument pushed him to the point of bursting out his uality amidst the fighting but he was able to compose himself, he wasn’t prepared to come out to his parents and that is not the way he wants to let them know. He knows his dad is doing what he has always done, plan out Jimin’s life, Jimin understood that his father means well but he can never accept anyone telling him what to do. His temper even though he is not a person who likes getting mad, is fierce. To avoid fighting with his father, he would go to Taehyung’s house after his dance class, he would sleep there and come back the next morning when his father has gone to work.

After taking a shower, he wasn’t in the mood for breakfast but sat down when Taehyung offered, the chef serves him blueberry cupcakes with sausages and bacon on the side and a glass of orange juice.

“You know I have to watch my weight, right?”

“Yeah, but this is your favorite and will get you in a good mood,” replies Taehyung, “I don’t like seeing you mad, you’re mean when you're mad.” Jimin shakes his head in disbelief, he knows Taehyung is teasing him to make him laugh but he really is not in the mood.

“He is unreasonable,” complains Jimin, he picks up a sausage with a fork and bites into, putting all his anger into the bite,

“Maybe you should tell your parents that you are madly and insanely in love with another person,” says Taehyung,

Jimin rolls his eyes at his friend’s sarcasm, he knew if he says one word about his feelings for Jungkook, his mom would pressure him to reveal who it is and would want to meet the person he is dating. Even though he was raised in Los Angeles, and has only been to Korea couples of times when he was younger, his parents are religious and traditional, there is no way they would accept him. He knew his parents love him but one thing he knows his father loves more than anything is his reputation, despite being an “open-minded” man who promotes diversity in his work life, he would never accept a gay son, that much Jimin knew which is one of the reasons he never came out to his parents. He is not scared of being disowned, he fears to hurt his parent’s feelings after everything they have done to raise him, he couldn’t be selfish as much as he wants to be. For someone who grew up being the apple in his parents’ eyes, he would not be able to stand it if he loses his relationship with his parents.

After staying until twelve-thirty pm, he decides its time to go home. After driving through the heavy traffic, he finally reaches home, he parks the car in the garage. His dad was already at work, he knew that, but his mom’s car wasn’t in the garage either. She usually has Mr. Steven drive her when she is running errands but the fact that she took her own car means she is out on a business-related venture. His mom was a “housewife,” who oversees more than her title, she is big on community things, but most importantly she is usually always handling the company related banquets with so many connections.

Jimin opens the door and as soon as he steps inside the house, the maid, Sofia, the daughter of the head chef walks to him,

“Someone came here looking for you,” she says. Jimin looks at her puzzled, it couldn’t be Taehyung he just came from his house and it couldn’t be Mina, she’s at work. this is a new level of stalking. First my cell number and now he visits my house. He sighs,

“Wasn’t someone named Jack, right?”

“Um…no,” she says, “A boy by the name Jung…”

“Jungkook!” says Jimin, before she could finish, leaving her stunned, his heart almost stopped,

“Are you sure he said Jungkook?”

The maid nods her head, yes, Jimin registering what he has just heard, quickly rushes out the door. He reaches Jungkook house, and he was about to ring the doorbell but stops his hand to catch his breath and figure out what to say, even though they have been talking and texting each other on every platform-from the mobile devices to social media, this nothing compared to being near Jungkook in real life. He used to come over Jungkook house when he left to talk with his mom but over the years, she got too busy to entertain a child, so the visitation became less and less to the point of nonexistence. He would still see her since she was best friends with his mother, but she traveled a lot due to her job which is one of the reasons she sent Jungkook to live with his father, that way he would not be alone living with his father and grandparents in Seoul.  He shakes his hands trying to relieve any sense of nervousness, he places his hand over his heart, calming it down as he inhales and exhales. After pacing back and forth for a few seconds he presses the doorbell, after a few seconds the gate opens and he walks towards the house.

so it is true? He really came back. As soon as he reaches the door, his knees became weak, this is what he has been looking forward to for the past nine years, his hands start to shake, and many thoughts run through his mind, but he brushes them off and knocks on the door. A maid lets him and nervous he asks where Jungkook was, she replied he is in his room, I can’t believe he really came back? But why so secretive? Is everything alright? He reaches Jungkook’s room and everything becomes nostalgic, memories of them running through the hallway as kids come rushing into Jimin’s mind, making him smile, oblivious and in his own mind, the door suddenly opens. Jimin looks up and Jungkook stood in front of him. Now, everything fell into place as they stood there lost in each other’s eyes, Jimin could hear his heart pounding against his chest and his hands shaking and loss at words

“Jimin-hyung,” says Jungkook breaking the silence and pulling Jimin back to reality,

“Hi,” says Jimin, ahh, so stupid, I should say something. But what… will be it weird if I hug him?

Jungkook grins ear to ear, he walks towards Jimin and pulls him into his arms, his arms are soft, yet strong. The feel of his body so close to his soothed him more than he had expected. He wraps his arms around Jungkook, inhaling in the smell of his shampoo, his shirt was warm, Jimin could tell he just finished showering. Jimin at moment realized how much, he missed Jungkook, a simple gesture that made his stomach flutter and his knees weak, and his mind at total peace. They squeeze each other gently, none of them wanting the moment to end. But within seconds it was over, both flashed and embarrassed, Jimin runs his hand through his hair, his body warming each time he catches Jungkook’s eyes, a soft sharp gaze that sent chills throughout his body.

“So why didn’t you call to tell us you were coming,” says Jimin, trying to compose himself but stuttering over his words. 

“I wanted to surprise you guys,” he replies, “It wouldn’t be a surprise if I called.” Jimin’s eyes scan Jungkook up and down, realizing that Jungkook was not the same boy he said goodbye to nine years ago. His voice deep with an accent, but not as strong, his English still proficient. His baby features scalped into manly features but the one thing that didn’t change was his sharpness of glance which made Jimin blush.