Chapter 19: Late Night Date

Innocent Love

Ever since his mom caught him with Jungkook and he was forced to come out to her, things have not been any difference between them, aside from not talking about it and keeping it a secret from his father, his parents were occupied with the processing of the abortion, his mom went through with it despite the fact that he asked her to reconsider it, when they had the talk but she had her mind set up. It’s been a week since then, his parents were not showing it, but things have not been the same, his father would leave early in the morning and come home late. He was kind of glad he did not have to face his father but at the same time the thought of his parents fighting made him anxious, to avoid the tension at home, he would spend most of his time at Jungkook’s or at his friend’s home, after dance class.

They decide to pick up the movie date at Taehyung’s condo that he had to cancel on when he found out his mom's pregnancy, but with everything that has been going on, he had so much on his mind, he could not even enjoy the movie. He sits in silently while his friends were to busy eating vegetable and sausage pizza and laughing, but glancing over at him, once in a while.

“So…” says Mina, breaking the silence, “Jiminie, have you and Kookie had the talk yet.” 

“ talk?” says Jimin, sitting up, “What’re you talking about?”

“Well, before the whole thing with your mom,” says Mina, “Weren’t you thinking about taking that huge leap with Jungkook, have you decided to go through with it?” Mina and Taehyung eyeball him, anticipating the answer, Jimin pushes them away from him,

“With all that is going on at home,” he replies, “What makes you think, I'm thinking about that?

“I don’t know,” says Taehyung, “It might the distraction you need.” Jimin throws a pillow at him, “Why would I want my first time with Jungkook to be a distraction, .” Taehyung shrugs his shoulders, putting the pillow aside, Mina’s phone rings, she looks at it and gets up to answer it, walking to the kitchen, Jimin and Taehyung exchange looks, curious.

“What was that about? Asks Jimin,

“You got me,” says Taehyung, “She has been acting weird recently, I called her last time to hang out, but she said she had a date or something.”

“Ya, that’s probably her girlfriend,” says Jimin, smiling, Mina comes back from the kitchen and sits down, Jimin and Taehyung staring at her.

“So, who put that smile on your face?” teases Jimin,

“Huh?” she says, “No one.”

“Ahh, we are keeping secrets now,” teases Jimin, looking at Taehyung, “It seems like everyone has secrets now, so much for friendship.”

“Ya,” scolds Taehyung, “Why’re you including me, I’m not hiding anything.” Jimin snorts,

“Yeah right, then tell us what’s going on with you and Hoseok?”

“Nothing, like I told you last time,” he replies defensively, his husky voice getting high.

“You’re so full ,” says Jimin, laughing.

“Okay, I’ll spill, if Mina tells us who she is going out with,” says Taehyung, looking at Mina, who glares at him,

“The , you are involving me for, I’m not dating anyone.”

“Come on both of you,” says Jimin, annoyed, “We’re friends, why so secretive?”

“Oh please, you are telling us you don’t keep anything to yourself,” retorts Mina.

“Never on purpose,” says Jimin, defending himself, “You guys know about the abortion, the fact that Jungkook and I have not you know, the only secret I’m keeping, or we are keeping is my mom and I not telling my dad that my gay for the time being.”

“Hmmm,” says Mina, “Whatever, I’m not dating anyone, so you guys can shut it.” She picks up a slice of pizza and begins to eat, Jimin turns Taehyung who does the same thing, he shakes his head in disbelief, 

“Unbelievable,”

 

Jimin came home and went straight into his room, not wanting to eat dinner, but more like he did not want to sit between the awkwardness of his parents, it was his dad’s day off, so when he came home, his parents were in the dining room, he went in and greeted them, declining the offer to join them for dinner.

Listening to Music and using his laptop in his room, his phone beeps and flashing, he picks it up, putting his laptop down on the bed, it was a message from Jungkook, written in Korean, it reads I miss you (Bogoshipuh). Jimin grins, screaming in the inside, feeling butterflies in his stomach.

Jimin laughs, “That’s cute,” he mutters to himself, it’s been a while since Jungkook has addressed to him informally, the way he wrote I miss you in Korea is an informal way of talking to friends those who are younger and of course, your loved ones. The whole thing made Jimin giggle and flutter. Having grown up America, he didn’t care about the formalities between a young person and an older person, but he never questioned Jungkook calling him hyung, Jungkook growing up in Korea.

Hmm, should I reply in Korea, his Korean, speaking and understanding was fine, not perfect but okay, he writes back, I miss you too (Nado nuh Bogoshipuh) he smiles and sends the message. After a few seconds the phone rings, it was Jungkook, Jimin quickly answers the phone,

“Hyung,” says Jungkook from the other side of the receiver, “Let’s go out?”

“Huh?” says Jimin, staring at the clock, it was almost ten o’clock, “Where do you want to go?”

“Anywhere,” says Jungkook, “I’ll meet you outside.” The phone hangs up,

“Okay,” says Jimin, “This wouldn’t count as a date would it?”

 

Jimin puts on a white t-shirt and black jeans with a jacket in case the weather is chilly outside. He grabs his phone, keys, and heads downstairs. The house was quiet, as he walks, noticed the light was still on in the living room, he sighs he didn’t want to explain to anyone where he was headed, he slowly tiptoes, and opens the door, unnoticed. He closes the door sighing,

“Heading somewhere?” asks his father, who was sitting near the pool tables, smoking cigarettes,

“,” says Jimin, underneath his breath, “Ahh, just out.” He starts to walk quickly before his father asks any more questions, but it seems unlikely because he went back to smoking. Jimin walks to the garage and starts the car, he drives through the gate, slowing down and making a U-turn after he spots Jungkook, standing on the sidewalk in front of his gate. He stops and unlocks the door, Jungkook, gets in the car, he was dressed casually as well, a black t-shirt that was tucked in with a black jacket. Looking handsome, Jimin couldn't take his eyes off him, blushing.

“Where to?” asks Jimin,

“Hmm, whatever you want to go,” replies Jungkook, with a grin,

“Not helpful,” says Jimin, he starts the car with one place in mind, he has not been there since Jungkook moved away since he was not a gamer. He starts to drive towards Vermont Ave, towards the Family Amusement Corporation, Jungkook and he used to go after school on Fridays. He wanted to play some games and spend time with Jungkook at a place that they have fond memories of.

The Drive towards the Amusement was not long, a twenty-minute ride, the place opens until 1 is, it was a popular place with a bunch of arcade games such as Videogames, Pinballs, fighters, air hockey, dance, pool, basketball, etc. along with prize redemption games. After finding a parking, they head towards the entrance, already filled with excitement, they head straight to the arcade, after taking money out of the ATM,

“Whoa!” says Jungkook, looking around, the place was not packed since it was not the weekend, and Jimin was glad. Jungkook grabs his hand, excited, and pulls him towards the gun video games,

“Let’s play,” he says, he puts coins to get the game started, Jimin sighs, he hated playing those games because he always uses to lose against Jungkook but watching Jungkook’s face lighten up made him happy. They played, three rounds with Jimin losing every round and Jungkook laughing, 

“Let’s go play air hockey,” says Jimin, “You won’t be able to beat me at that one,”

 Jungkook smirks, “You sure?”

Jimin nods his head, confident that air hockey was the one game, he can beat Jungkook at because he played it against Taehyung and Mina and always won. They find one that was not being used and inserted their money, Jungkook smiles getting ready to play, Jimin hits the puck and instantly Jungkook sends it back, barely missing the hole while Jimin hits it back. Laughing and screaming, the game went on for a while with none of them scoring, they decide to play one last game to decide the winner. The last game went on longer than the last two, they played, but ended with an unexcepted result, Jimin was able to score twice and win. He throws his hands up, laughing, Jungkook rolls his eyes, smiling,

“That was a lucky win,” he says playfully,

“Hahaha, how does it feel to lose,” taunts Jimin.

“I was just afraid you would cry if you lose again like you used to hyung,” tease Jungkook. 

“What? I never cried,” says Jimin, scowling.

“Yeah, you did, you use to lose and then you would cry, so I let you win,” replies Jungkook, teasing him. Jimin shrugs his shoulders,

“You’re just saying that because you lost, hahaha.”

“Whatever, lets something else,” says Jungkook, pointing at the basketball, seeing him so hype up was refreshing to Jimin, for a someone younger than him, he is a lot more serious and mature.  Seeing him laughing and giggling like a kid was a sight, Jimin didn't realize he has missed, just like when they were kids. Being here with Jungkook is exactly what he needed, realizing how madly in love he is, not wanting to be apart from him anymore even if it means giving up on New York.