Chapter 5: On the Same Bed

Innocent Love

Jungkook motions for Jimin to take a sit, Jimin takes a sit on the bed, the door opens and his mom walks in. She had the same expression Jimin had, she wasn’t excepting to see Jungkook but more than shocked she looked angry. She folds her arms,

“Your father has been calling me, asking me if you were home, you left without telling him?”

“Yeah,” replies Jungkook, “He was the one who told me to leave, I only listened to him.”

They glare at each other, Jimin shrinks, pretending he is not feeling awkward,

“Even If you had an argument with your father,” she says, “You don’t just leave with notifying him, you know how worried he was.”

Jungkook glances at Jimin as if he just realized he was there,

“Sorry mom,” he says, “I’ll call dad later, I was just angry.” His mom shakes her head, she smiles and embraces him, she pats his head.

“Hi Jimin,” she says, “Sorry you had to witness that, this boy almost gave his dad and me a heart attack, his father called me fifty times asking if he was here.”

Jimin smiles, she turns back to Jungkook, “I’ll leave you, boys, to catch up,” she says and walks out of the room. Jungkook closes the door, he chuckles and runs his hand through his hair.

“Sorry about that?” he says, looking embarrassed, he bites his lower lip, somethings never change, he has still had the habit of biting his lower when he is embarrassed. Jimin laughs,

“Did you really get on a fourteen-hour flight without letting anyone know?” Jungkook sits beside him, slightly brushing up against Jimin’s shoulder,

“We had a huge fight,” says Jungkook, “I just couldn’t stand it anymore.”

“Over what?” asks Jimin.

“Um…well…,” says Jungkook, “I don’t want to get into it, I can’t believe you guys still live in the same neighborhood after all these years. Its crazy, everything still looks the same but feels different.”

“Well, you were just a kid when you left,” says Jimin, “I doubt you remember much.”

Jungkook laughs and covers his mouth with his hands when he started yawning,

“What time did you arrive?”

“At four am,” he replies, “I came straight to your house after I got off the taxi, but no one was home.”

“I was at Taehyung,” he replies, “What a coincidence, I also had an argument with my father.”

Jungkook stares at him, “Taehyung?”

“You don’t remember Taehyung,” says Jimin, “He’s the same age as me and we always used to hang out, um, he was in the soccer team with you in middle school.” Jungkook shrugs his shoulder, looking at Jimin blank, he starts to yawn again.

“I’ll take you around tomorrow and you can meet him, but you should rest, you look tired.”

Jimin stands up to leave, “I’ll walk you, maybe aunty is home, I’ll say hi to her.”

 

Jimin says bye to Jungkook’s mom and they walk out of the house, for once Jimin wishes his house was far, they walk in silence but keep glancing at each other. Jimin opens the door and hears the blender in the kitchen, they walk to the kitchen,

“Do you think your mom would recognize me,” whispers Jungkook,

“Of course,” says Jimin, “Hi mom!”

“Oh, you startle me,” she says looking up.

“Look who came back from the wonderlands,” says Jimin pointing at Jungkook.

“Is that Jungkook?” says his mom, “Oh my god, when did he come back? Your mother didn’t say anything at the community meeting.”

“That's because she didn’t know,” he says smiling, “I wanted to surprise everyone.” Jimin’s mom hugs him, he hugs her back,

“Wow,” she says holding his face, “You became even more handsome than before.”

Jungkook laughs blushing, “Thank you, aunty.”

“You look exactly like your father did back in college,” she says, “I’m sure you make all the girls crazy.”

“Hahaha, I was to busy with school, aunty,” says Jungkook.

“Okay,” says Jimin, “He has to take a nap, he has been yawning like crazy, he just came to say hi.”

“You must come over for dinner tomorrow,” says Jimin’s mother, “I won’t take no for an answer.”

“I will,” says Jungkook.  Jimin walks him to the door, Jungkook stops and turns around, he walks back towards Jimin,

“Can I sleep over at your house like we used to?”

“Ah, yeah sure,” he answers feeling shy. Jungkook smiles and walks to his house. Jimin watches him as he walks into his house, glancing back, he waves at Jimin and Jimin waves back at him. After seeing Jungkook disappear inside the house, he couldn’t stop smiling.

 

Jimin decided to stay home in case Jungkook comes early than he stated he would, he was pacing back and forth, making sure his room was clean, he didn’t want anything to give Jungkook a bad impression of him. He looks at his watch and it read 9:30 pm. He hopes Jungkook comes before Jimin’s father comes home, he didn’t want to deal with his father, tonight, he is in a good and won’t anything ruin it. As he fixes his closet a knock comes at the door, he turns around, Jungkook was standing in the doorway in black sweatpants and a long sleeve white t-shirt

“Your mom let me in,” he says, “I was downstairs talking to her, she still as beautiful as I remember.”

Jimin smiles, “It’s fine, come in.” He closes the door and walks towards the bed, he sits down on the bed his eyes scanning the room, looking here and there,

“Nothing changed in here, except for more posters and wallpaper color,” he says looking at Jimin,

“I just moved back home four years ago, I had my own apartment.”

“Really? Why’d you move back?”

“Um…I kind off almost burned it down,” says Jimin laughing, “I forgot the stove on.”

Jungkook laughs, “Seriously hyung, that’s funny.”

He stretches his arms, yawning, “Man, I am feeling jet legged, I don’t know why I am so sleepy, I came to hang out.”

“It’s fine,” says Jimin, “You got off a fourteen-hour flight, you should be tired, you can sleep, I still have to take a shower.”

“Mm-hm.”

Jimin comes out of the shower and notices Jungkook fast asleep on the bed, he smiles. He puts on his pajamas, he glances at Jungkook, feeling nostalgic, he really missed him beyond words. After getting fixed, he slowly climbs on the bed trying not to disturb him. Facing Jungkook, his eyes scan his face, he can feel him breathing, but not close enough to touch, Jimin smiles, how can he look so beautiful sleeping? Jungkook unconsciously puts his arm over Jimin, pulling him closer, as if he was a teddy bear or a pillow, Jimin’s cheeks turn bright red but he didn’t fight Jungkook who was embracing him tightly.