Chapter 12: Nothing as it Seems

Innocent Love

Jimin and Mina watch Taehyung as he paces back and forth in the living room of his condo. He called them over for an advice after he received a call from Hoseok wanting to meet up with him and talk. Its been a week since they went on the three-day gateway. Jimin sighs, glancing at Mina, 

“So, did he at least give you a hint about what he wanted to discuss?” asks Jimin.

“Would I be freaking out if he did,” responses Taehyung,

“So, you are meeting him today, in an hour,” says Mina, “I mean, he could want to get back together with you.” 

Taehyung stops pacing and stares at his friends, “Do you guys really think so?”

They nod their heads yes, “What else would he want to talk about? Yeah he probably broke up with his boyfriend or something,” says Mina.

“And what if he just misses you,” says Jimin, “You could be getting your hopes up over nothing.”

“Why are you being so pessimistic?” says Mina.

“Nah,” says Taehyung, “He is right when his boyfriend and I fought at that party, he comforted him,” he clears his throat, “They…looked stable.”

“What did you guys fight about?” asks Jimin, wanting to get answers since they were on the topic.

“Nothing important,” says Taehyung, “He was being a drunk , he accused me of hitting on his boyfriend while we were just talking.”

Jimin raises his eyebrows, “That’s all?” he says studying Taehyung as he lowers his head, he could tell Taehyung was not telling them everything. He glares at him, Taehyung grumbles,

“Ahhhhh…fine,” he says, “Stop glaring at me…I tried to kiss him okay and his boyfriend kind of saw us…I…could not help it, I just forgot everything for a minute, I apologized but he started insulting Hoseok, so I punched him.”

Jimin and Mina’s mouth drop open, Jimin couldn’t believe it, this whole time Taehyung who acted cool about everything, still has feelings about his ex, whom he broke up with years ago.

“Wow,” says Mina, “You gays have more drama than a daytime televsión show.”

“So, should I meet up with him or not?” whines Taehyung.

“You should,” replies Jimin, “Just don’t get your hopes up okay.” Taehyung sighs and nods his head, “Anyway where is your other half?”

Jimin stares at him, “Who?”

“He means Jungkook? How progressive are you guys anyway?” says Mina.

“Oh, he had some school paperwork he needed to work on,” says Jimin, “He moved here without properly handling his paperwork at school, he is settling things, he went to look at his options at UCLA before school starts.”

“So, he is planning on staying here permanently?” asks Taehyung, “That’s cool, but are you guys together now?” Jimin smirks, giggling softly, Mina and Taehyung look at each other,

“You guys are dating! They shouted in unison.

Mina pouts, “Am I the only one without relationship drama?”

“Go out with Dahyun,” teases Taehyung, “She couldn’t stop talking about you since the party.”

“Wait,” says Mina, confused “Dahyun is lesbian?”

“Yeah,” says Jimin, “She hangs out at Taehyung’s house because her parents do not accept her, she is always arguing with her parents, I haven’t seen her in a while before the party.”

“That is because she said her parents’ kind of accept her now,” says Taehyung, “My mom is more accepting of her though, maybe because she knows I’m gay.” 

That is the one thing Jimin admires about Taehyung, he has always straightforward and honest about his uality, never acts like it but he gave his parents a choice, accept him or ignore it because either way, he is not going to change for anyone. His parents at the end of the day accepted him or at least they like it because they never said anything against him. Taehyung being independent has always looked out for himself first, without caring about what people thought not even his parents.  Jimin remembers when his mom came and asked him if he was gay because Taehyung was, he couldn’t bring himself to come out in high school when he had the perfect opportunity but the way his mom was asking; he could tell by her eyes she didn’t really want to know so he just laughed it off and the topic never came up again. His father was another reason, he never came out in high school because he went off on Jimin for being friends with Taehyung and even threaten him to cut his friendship with him, but his mom intervened, telling his dad to calm down and stop creating problems where is none but at the same time never showing any signs that she was okay with it. But Taehyung remained cool about everything, becoming Dahyun’s support system when she started doubting her uality, especially when her parents blamed him, which made no sense, but he never batted an eye.

 

Jimin sighs, the whole, “coming out” thing was starting to bug him more than he wants to admit, how is he supposed to be in a relationship with Jungkook if he cannot even be honest about his uality. After his meeting with Taehyung, he dropped off Mina at her condo and came back home, feeling down he was oblivious to his surroundings. He feels a tap on his shoulder, he turns around, it was his mom in her work out clothes and besides her was a face he thought he would never see again since he told his parents off,  Jimin stares at them confused, What the is she doing here? At my house of all places.

“You remember Sulli?” asks his mom, “She is actually the new instructor at my fitness class, isn’t that cool, I invited her over for lunch.”

The gate opens, and they walk inside the house, Jimin starts to walk to his room, not paying them any mind,

“Where are you going?” asks his mom, “Keep her company until I’m done showering.” Jimin sighs, he really was not in the mood to deal with anyone, his mind was restless, his mom motions for them to go sit in the living room. She calls one of the maids to go prepare lunch and bring some snacks for them in the living room. Jimin and Sulli walk to the living room in silence, he motions her to sit down on the couch with his hand and sits on the couch across from her,

“You look like you’re in a bad mood,” she says, staring at Jimin.

He sighs, “Nothing gets past you does it?” he says sarcastically. She laughs, wondering why she was laughing, he shakes his head in disbelief,

“You don’t have to sit here with me,” she says, “Don’t worry, I came to hang out with your mom, she is a close friend of my mom, I couldn’t turn down her invitation.”

Jimin eyes her, brow frowned, “Knowing that they are setting us up?”

She shrugs her shoulders, “Actually my parents haven’t brought you up since last time, so don’t worry, but since then I thought you were cool so how about we become friends instead.” She extends her hand, Jimin stares at her, he has never met someone so weird, she was like those girls in Korean drama, cheerful and happy about everything, acting innocent all the times, making the other person appear villainous. He couldn’t make out what kind of person she is, but he doesn’t really care about making friends right now, he must figure out a way to come out to his mother fast before making plans about him and Jungkook. His mother comes to the living room and he gets up,

“I have things to do.”

 

The music in his room was blaring, he was dancing to Chris Brown’s old songs, which is what does when he is stressing out or thinking too much, he takes a deep breath in and out. He grabs a bottle of water and gulps it down, he turns down the speaker and sits down on his bed, he wipes the sweat with his shirt, a knock comes at the door, Damn mom, what does she want now? He opens the door,

“What?” he says, his eyes widen when he sees Jungkook,

“Sorry, are you busy hyung?”

“Sorry, I thought it was my mom,” says Jimin, apologizing, “Come in.” Jungkook walks pass him, Jimin closes the door, 

“Were you dancing?” asks Jungkook, “Your mom let me in, she was heading out.”

 Jimin nods his head, “Give me a second to rinse my face.” He walks into the bathroom and splashes water on his face, he grabs a towel and dries himself. He turns off the light in the bathroom and walks back into the room,

“How did everything go?” he asks, sitting on the bed, Jungkook was standing, staring at a picture,

“Bunch of paperwork’s,” he replies, “But my mom was able to help me as well, so it went smoothly.”

He places the picture back down on the table and sits next to Jimin, face to face, he stares at Jimin and smiles, Jimin stares back at him, confounded. Jungkook glances at the door for a second and back at Jimin, he picks up his hand and holds it, Jimin’s heart skips a beat and his mind goes blank, he didn’t how to respond to Jungkook’s sudden action, Jungkook leans in slowly causing him to close his eyes, he plants a kiss on his cheek, Jimin opens his eyes looking directly into Jungkook’s sharp, intense gaze, surprised.

Jungkook smiles and brushes a strand of hair from Jimin’s face, when his finger slightly brushes against his skin, leaving a tingling sensation and his body warm, his eyes on Jimin’s face. Jimin can feel his eyes scanning his face, unable to do anything, he stares back at Jungkook, heart beating uncontrollably, Jimin closes his eyes as Jungkook leans in, he sits frozen from fear and excitement, their forehead resting against each other. Feeling each other’s breath, his lips connect with Jimin, soft and warm, his lips tasting like coffee. Jimin follows Jungkook’s movement, hesitant since he doesn’t have any practice in kissing, he lets Jungkook lead him. He tilts his head as Jungkook cups his face and pulls him closer and deepening the kiss. The kiss lasted for a while before they break apart for air, resting their forehead against each other, breath shaking, gazing into each other’s eyes. Jimin gathers his thoughts, he smiles, never once in a million did he think he could feel something so intense that sent fire throughout his whole body and make him lose control of his body, they both look away, cheeks flashed, surprised by their own feelings.

Jimin his lips and runs his hand through his brown golden hair, his body still warm,

“Um, so…ahh, that was um, hot,” he says, Jungkook looks at him, embarrassed they both burst out laughing,

“Um, yeah,” replies Jungkook. Jimin clears his throat, trying to change the subject to calm both of them before something they are not ready for happens, he didn’t want them to rush without really having a discussion about the next big step in their relationship, as much as he didn’t want that kiss to end, he knew he was not ready to take that step yet. He gets up and turns off the radio that was still going on,

“So, ahh, your dad is okay with you dropping everything in Seoul and starting new here?” Jungkook stares at him blank before finally answering,

“Yeah, I have been planning it for a while now, besides I’m gonna focus more on filming and photography. That’s why he and I fought, that and also the fact that he tried to set me up with his goddaughter knowing I’m gay.”

Jimin’s eyes widen, mouth opened, this whole time, he assumed Jungkook was still in the closet, but he was already out to his father, he never in wildest dream thought to ask him about that. Now he was feeling extremely guilty about being in the closet, he bites his lips anxious about what Jungkook would think once he finds out. He acted so casually about everything, he really is not as he seems, as shy and timid as he is, he was more open than Jimin thought he was. Jimin stares at him, amazed at how grown and expressive Jungkook had become, not long ago he hated being in the spotlight, not much for words. Maybe this is not a bad thing, this is should be an encouragement that I can also be upfront with my parents, no matter the results. But if his dad knows, does that mean my dad knows about Jungkook too? But seeing how unhappy his father was I doubt he would tell anyone even his best friend that his son is gay.

“Are you okay?” asks Jungkook,

“Yeah,” says Jimin, smiling, “I just really like you, like so much.” Jungkook grins, he gets up and pulls Jimin into his arms,

“I really like you too,” he whispers in Jimin’s ear, who hugs him back tightly, not wanting to let go, inhaling his scent, comforting. It would be better if the world ended right now than we would be happy forever together.

"Hyung, let's go on a date?"