Chapter 16

Comfort

i​​​​​ decided to double the update today because some readers misunderstood some parts about the groups. I'll explain it to make it clear for you guys.

 

Yerin and Yuju are in the same group, they're group one. Then Sowon and Sinb are group two, and Dahyun is in the group three with aged people. Each group, 1, 2, 3 are assigned in different places.

So Yeju are in the same place together and Wonb are in the different place far away from Yeju because they're in the different group.

In  Sowon's group, Sowon being a leader, parted the her group into two groups and assign it into two different work so that they can work faster.

So for those who's saying that Yuju can save Sinb,  she can't, because she's far away from Sinb.

I hope you understand. Sorry for not writing it clear. 

 

you can read chapter 16 now. Enjoy! ;))

___________________________________________________________________________________

​​​​​​​

Sowon's POV 

 

We headed back to the rest house because it's getting darker, we interviewed some people for this research. And I hope it can help

We went here first the other group are still not here, including Sinb. Maybe they'll arrive later.

I headed to the kitchen to cook for our dinner, I want to cook of course, I want them to taste my cook, I'm good at it. Instead of going to a restaurant, we're tired already so we can't go there. And the restaurant is far away from here. So it will just take a lot of time.

So I'm going to cook a quick meal because we're all hungry.

6:05 pm.

They're still not here.

Maybe they're just late. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

6:21 pm.

I'm done by my dish, but the other group are still not here.

So I decided to contact them each.

..

But they cannot be reached.

I came outside. It's raining. And yet they're not still here.

.

.

6:32 pm

We started eating because we're so hungry right now. 

Then...

I heard a loud bang at the door and it opened immediately. 

The other group are here. They're completely soaked with water.

"ma'am Sojung!" Moonbin? Right, shouted. He looks like he is panicking.

I immediately stood up from my seat.

"why?" I asked. Confused why is he panicking did something bad happened?

"S-sinb" he said hesitating.

"w-why?" what happened to her I look at to the group but Sinb is not here. Where is she? I'm getting worried.

 

"s-she's missing." he looks away. He's so nervous right by now and his hands are shaking

"What?! How!?" Where did they go? Why Sinb is missing?! 

"We...we went to a forest and we lost her." he said shaking.

I immediately ran outside. I don't want anything bad happen to Sinb. 

Moonbin followed me and the others.

"Tell me where the forest is. I'll go there." I said sternly.

"it's near here.... It's in the ma--" he stopped talking

"don't follow me, call for help and rescuer." I said 

Then I ran pass them.

Because I already came here before and I know that forest, I remembered. 

So I rode my car and headed to the said forest. I don't mind if I'm completely soaked with the rain, I need to find Sinb. I don't want her to get hurt. It's dark and it's raining. 

I'm scared that I'm going to lose her. I don't want her to be in danger. I need to find her.

 

So I found the forest, it's dark here. I open my phone then I press flashlight mode. It's a relief that I brought my phone with me.

"SINBBBBB!" I shouted I wish that she could hear me.

I don't care by the heavy rain that pours in me. I need to find Sinb.

"SINBBBB! WHERE ARE YOUUUUU!" I shouted louder as I can.

But no response.

I ran through a lot of trees I can't see clearly the path because of the heavy rain

I look to my left and right if I can find her. But no, no sign of Sinb.

"SINBBBBBBB!" I again shouted.

Please God, I wish I can find her.

"SINBBBBB!" I shouted again and again.

But still no response.

I'm getting worried now. Where the he'll is she? And why did they came here?

"SINBBBBBB!!!!" I still shouting her name. I'm going to die if I don't find her.

"SINBBBBBBBBBB!, IT'S SOJUNG!!" What if something bad happened to her? I can't forgive myself.

"So....JUNG!" I heard it. I'm sure I heard my name.

"SINB?!" I widen my eyes when I heard it I look around but I saw nothing but I'm sure she's just close.

"SINBBBB!" I find more and more of her presence.

"SOJUNG! I'm hereeeeee!" I heard someone shouted 

I ran to the voice immediately. It's Sinb I know.

Then when I look around, I saw her lying on the ground. I immediately ran to her, I felt like my heart jump due to the happiness that I felt because I found her.

 

"Sinb. I found you"  I said worriedly.

"my legs, I can't move them" she said softly, she looks so weak right now 

"I'll carry you." I said then I faced my back to her letting her to ride to my back. I carried her gently not wanting to hurt her more. 

 

The rain still pouring heavily. 

I don't know the way back to the resthouse.

I just walk and walk then I saw a small cabin near the large trees, I decided to go there.

It's raining we're both going to catch a cold.

I entered the small cabin. It's not locked.

"Hello? Can we stay for awhile?, we're not a bad person we just want a place to stay!" I shouted, because maybe there are some people in here and I don't want to trespass.

But no response. Maybe nobody's here. We can stay here for now. 

I put down Sinb to the long chair that's in this cabin. It's a nice place to stay for now. It looks abandoned but still there are some things left here.

"Are you okay?" I kneeled down to labeled into Sinb's height since she's sitting.

"i-i'm fine" she said looking down, she's shaking maybe from the rain. 

"are you sure you're okay?" I asked again because I'm sure she's not.

She just nodded.

"Do you have a shirt underneath your clothes?" I asked then she just look at me confused.

"I mean you can remove that, because it's completely soaked and it will makes you feel cold even more." I explained.

She just nodded then she removed her clothes there a sleeveless underneath it.

She just hugged her knees, she's still cold.

I stood up and look around the cabin, no blanket in here.

I came back to her. She's not looking at me, she is just looking down.

"Sinb, are your legs are okay? You said that you can't move them" I asked.

She just shake her head, meaning it's not okay.

"Can I take a look at it?" I asked, maybe I can help.

She nodded.

I sat beside her then I took her foot, and I removed her shoes. I think she sprained.

I twisted it carefully, gently. She groaned in pain.

"i-i'm sorry" 

I massage her legs, I hope it can help.

Then I put down her feet gently.

I just stared at her.

"Thank you." she said low. 

"welcome" I smiled, even if she's not looking at me

 

Then a silence, an awkward silence can be feel around the small cabin, only the heavy rain that pours on the roof can be heard.

.

.

.

.

She then rub her hands together then she blow a warm breath trough her hands. 

"are you cold?" I asked, of course it's cold Sojung you're such an idiot.

"hmm." 

"c-can I hug you......I mean if you just want me to." I said shyly. I don't mean anything I just want to keep her warm.

Then surprisingly she nodded.

I cane closer to her then i slowly wrap my arms around her.

"Feeling any better?" I asked. I hope I can keep her warm, my clothes are completely soaked too.

She nodded.

It's Awkward to be honest but also to be honest, I like this.

"why did you fell for me?" she suddenly asked, I was taken aback from the sudden question, but I'm still hugging her 

"I don't know, you know you can't choose people who you can fall for." I explained because really I don't know why I fell for her.

"hmm." 

"maybe because you're so beautiful? That's why?" I jokingly said.

She chuckled.

"I am?" she asked.

"of course." I said, I checked too.

"why you are so nice to me Sojung?, you even saved my life, even if I you know I hate you" she said seriously.

I gulped.

"because I love you." I said honestly, that's the reason why I saved her because I love her, if I don't love her maybe I just let the others find her.

She then remained silence.

"how can you still love me.... when you know that I.... I can't love you back?" hesitation is visible from her voice.

"you know Hwang, it's not that fast to unlove someone. Especially when you truly love that person." I explained.

"And you know, that's why I distance myself from you because I don't want to get hurt anymore." I added.

"you've been hurt?" she asked, curious.

I smiled.

"of course Hwang, it's impossible that you still didn't get hurt." I said.

"I mean, broken, did somone hurt you before?" she asked.

"yeah, there's a lot of people who left me." and I felt a sting from my heart. I held back my tears. 

"My dad, my mom and a lot of boys left me." I said, then i can't held it back anymore my tears fell down.

She remained silent 

"Wh-what happened?"she asked, it's a personal question but I don't mind I wanted to tell her.

"my dad died from an accident and my mom died from a disease and a lot of boys just used me because I'm rich." 

"I...I'm sorry." she said softly, it comforts my heart. 

She rub my arm that is still wrapping around her.

"it's fine." I wield my tears.

"after this you're not going to talk to me again." I said sadly.

She just remained silent 

"can I wish something?" 

"what it is?"

"are you sure it's okay?" I hesitate.

".....of course, you saved my life." she said.

"Can you.... Can you..."

 

____________________________________________________________

i know I became rude in this chapter because I cutted it HAHAHA. I'm sorry buddies. I know, I know you love Wonb much.

 

PS. Should I end this with Wonb then? All the comments said. Hahaha, what if a devil posses me and end this with Sinju?