Chapter Eighteen

You & Me

Everyone turned their heads, staring at "the new one". Her work uniform was simple, yet still managed to look spectacular. White shirt covered small waist and black pencil skirt showed off her well-built legs. Her black heels clacked as she strolled down the hallway. It seemed like everyone heard about her even before she appeared with identification card.

Jung Seola.

An angel name for an angel face.

Not many spoke to her, but those who did found out she was very communicative and fun to be around. Her boss was one of the company mole's son, Han Ki Joon, who couldn't be fired due to the lack of evidence of his participation in father's plans. She was allegedly recommended to him by finance expert from Los Angeles. Of course, it was all part of Matthew's scam, along with fake CV and phone number.

"Good morning, Miss Jung.", her superior greeted as soon as she entered his office. She bowed her head shortly and placed files on his desk somehow too loudly. "What's that?"

"Calculations for next month.", she replied shortly, shrugging her shoulders. As much as she was beautiful, she had no manners, at least not those that had to meet this company's criteria. During her first week, she slept in four out of five times, then spent almost full hour behind desk fixing her makeup.

Han Ki Joon pushed files back to her.

"You were supposed to take these to CEO's office."

"Really?", she's confused for a brief moment.

Her boss watches her leans over the edge of oak desk, enjoying it a little too much. Somin doesn't even notice it though, focusing on yellow file on top of the pile she carried for the past fifteen minutes. Her eyes were as deep as ocean, but as dark as cave, so no one could figure out her true feelings and intentions. She appeared out of nowhere and became everything Han Ki Joon could focus on. But he was married businessman and affair with middle-class secretary wouldn't go in favor of his reputation, as well as current trial in court.

"Mr Han!", angel shouts and he loses his train of thoughts just as fast as he found it.

"Is it okay if I leave it on right place now?"

He manages to nod, her beauty getting him drunk every time she looked him directly in eyes. Her heels clack ten times before she leaves his office.

Somin thought it would be easy to find CEO's office, with only promotion pictures hanging on the walls to guide her. She realized she's lost when she passed the same picture for the third time. It was Japanese model in Kim Fashion's latest clothing line.

Staring at the girl, Somin wondered how does it feel to be able to wear top brands like this every day. She always wanted to be rich enough to wear elegant dresses around her grand villa when it's regular day. To dance to classical music and not think about anything for the rest of her life, except for being the most stylish woman in Gangnam district.

"I see you're enjoying the view."

Calm voice makes her jump a little. When she turns her head, Kim Taehyung is standing next to her, watching the model with sceptic look.

"Her smile looks perfect, doesn't it? Almost like she just jumped out of a fairytale, for our catalog only. Take another look at it."

Somin takes careful look at pearl white teeth and bright look in model's eyes. She certainly does know how to gain trust of millions, even if through picture. Somin saw nothing wrong with it.

"This woman is famous for her dimples. They became so popular and simbolic that she even has makeup line called 'Angel's kiss', which is a wordplay connected to old legend that people with dimples were kissed by an Angel when they were born.
But on this picture, her smile was forced. Fake, you may say. I remember the shooting day, she was extremely nervous and angry whole day that we only had two or three appropriate shots."

"So what happened?", Somin asks, looking for dimples but they are really nowhere to be found.

"She's no longer in partnership with our company. The photographer and her got in a fight, but we still have rights to distribute pictures for this season,or should I say, a picture.",he points at the photograph in front of them. "Anyways, what are you doing here? This is whole other department."

He raises his voice suddenly, switching to working mode.

"I was looking for CEO's office, but it seems like this building is too big for me. I need to give him this paper.", she explains, waving yellow paper in front of his face.

"My father's office is on the last floor, you should know that, judging by the amount of information Mr Han has given you."

"What?"

"What?"

Taehyung clears his throat and takes the paper from her hand without bothering to ask for permission.

"Hey, give it back!", she tries to yank it back, but being shorter height, he only extended his arm in air so she wouldn't be able to reach it. To third party, the sight would be amusing: two adults fighting over a piece of paper in the middle of working time. Somin jumps a little higher and manages to grab the sheet, smiling proudly again. She holds it tight, but that doesn't stop him from trying again, only to fail.

"Don't worry, I'll hand it over and just say you did it. I know your boss won't mind."

Oh shut up about my bossyou arrogant idiot!

She has to check name Han Ki Joon, Taehyung seems to mention him quite a lot.

"Under one condition.",she says like the situation is under her control, but it was worth trying.

"And that is?", he raises his eyebrows.

"Allow me to treat you to dinner."

New YorkUSA

Jiwoo hurriedly picks up last piece of clothes from the bed. Then she goes to her personal bathroom and takes her toothbrush and towels. Soon, a voice is heard coming in her room. Mrs Murphy, her mother's oldest friend, was a middle aged woman of class. Her a lot older husband died three years ago, leaving her big corporation to take care of, but she quickly passed it down to his son from first marriage and kept only some actions before moving to America to live peacefully in a two-story house on Manhattan. Since they had no kids, Mrs Murphy loved Jiwoo like she was her own and gladly accepted to give her a room during her stay in New York for educational purposes.

But now, Jiwoo was about to leave that room and house, after finding out Taehyung's paying Mrs Murphy additional money to give him information about her every move. How dare he break each and every rule they set because of his jealousy or possessiveness, the need to be in control of her life?

"Jiwoo, you know I didn't mean it like that... He's a husband after all, it's normal he would worry when you're apart!", she speaks softly, grabbing the sleeve of girl's shirt but she brushes it off.

"You don't know what this is for, aunt Helen. I have to leave in order to...", escape him, "show him there's nothing to be scared of!"

Jiwoo felt lonely ever since the beginning of early semester, when Taehyung departed without her. The house was too big and too empty, allowing her thoughts to be on an all time maximum. But those thoughts consisted of mainly her worrying about him. And after finding out she's spied on, she knew she had to get away. Somewhere where no one knows her name, or at least doesn't care enough to wonder what's going on inside of it.

"Where are you even going? It's barely even 10 in the morning!", her host worries, following her around and trying to stop her from leaving.

"Wherever it is, you're nearly the last person I would tell, right above my husband."

Jiwoo picks up her bag and runs down the stairs. She was first going to class and after that she will look for apartment. That morning, she saw an offer for cheap 'roommate service', as unusual text said.

Age doesn't matter, but it's near colleges so hop in. Living room, bedroom and kitchen. Looking for someone to get lonely together with. Peaceful neighborhood, I promise it's not like the stories. If you're interested, call (+1)xxx-xxx-xxx

"What am I going to say to your mother? Have mercy on her soul at least!", Helen Murphy shouts from the doorway. Jiwoo stops for a moment but shakes head, more to herself.

They had no mercy on me either...

Around noon, Jiwoo was sitting in café near college, rethinking decision to dial the number again. At last, she clicks the 'call' button and places phone on her ear. Secretary replies. There's giggly, female voice on the other side.

"Hello, we're probably not home so you know what to do! Be back at ya in no time!"

There's long signal for her to leave message.

"Hello, I read somewhere that you're looking for roommate. My name's Jiwoo Jeon and I would like to see apartment for myself but it's a little harder since you left no address, so... I'm also in bit of a  hurry so if you could please reply as soon as possible."

Sigh.

Hotel was always option, but all the money she had was on her card and she didn't want to uncover herself that fast, and she didn't want to be alone again. Since the voice was female, she hoped for nice woman to get along with, or even befriend.

Her phone rings and she sees one new message. The phone number memorized as "Potential Roommate". It was address, address she was supposed to go to. Breathing out in relief to get such fast reply, Jiwoo got up and took nearest taxi.

When she showed address to the driver, he kept silent for a few seconds but then nodded and started engine.

The ride lasted around 15 minutes, before car stopped in front of complex of buildings. Jiwoo looked around and saw identical buildings all the way down the street, which confused her. Was this the right place? There was no alive soul, not even a dog or a cat to pass by - nothing. For some reason, she got chills from the sight.

"That's it.", driver nods when she asks him to check so she has no other choice but to get out and make her way to the building he pointed out as her final stop.

"Be safe.", he gives her a mysterious advice, which she doesn't take to heart since he looked like he was on edge of common sense.

Apartment she was looking for was on the 3rd floor. Hallways were narrow, stairs slippery like a 10-year-old wanted to prank passengers, and it smelled like rotten eggs. Maybe thus wasn't such a good idea, she thinks as she knocks at the door.

There are footsteps on the other side, and millions locks being unlocked.

Jiwoo gasped when she intended to scream.

In front of her was a man, half-, with only shorts covering his lower half of the body. Water was still dripping down his well-built muscles, he just had a shower.

Wide grin spread across Matthew's face.