Page Five

Dear Journal: A New Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dear Journal,

Therefore I conclude that children, my students specifically, are definitely weird. I expected dogs and cats for Bring your Pet to school day, but instead they brought spiders, caterpillars, parrots and fishes. All the bugs you can ever think of was there, even cockroaches. My first graders seemed to be happy though. They enjoyed each other's pets. 

One kid, Sungmin, brought her pet scorpion, but when she was about to show it to the class, it's suddenly out of the plastic cage she brought with her. Everyone screamed and panic while we looked for the loose scorpion. I was shaking on the insides because , those are poisonous. We looked over and under the tables but it wasn't there. It turns out it was inside the cage after all and was just hiding. I almost had a heart attack like what the .

And then Seunghan, didn't bring anything. I asked him why didn't he bring a pet and his answer was "They don't allow pets in where I live, remember?" he spoke to me for the first time since class started. It felt nice hearing his voice but what shocked me is that he remembers me. I also remembered the no pets rule at my old apartment where they also resided. I kinda wanted to silence Seunghan because what if other kids hear that we used to live in the same building?

"My dad was looking for you when you moved out," was the words that came out of his tiny lips after. Seungcheol? He went looking for me? Why? Why did he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter