NINETEEN - Mystery Girl

The Unspoken Memories - Oh Sehun

Sehun's POV

Our engagement ceremony went well. I smile while remembering that night. I've been chased by Hyun Seul that night and I hide behind my mom for protection from that small monster. And of course my mom would defend her. That is how much my mom loves Hyun Seul. My mom pulled me by my ear and keeps babbling at me and I winched in pain. My ear went red!

I chuckled a little by remembering that incident. Not long until I remember something else and I felt regret. I'm regretting my decision being engaged with Hyun Seul.

The truth is I like this one girl at school. I don't really know her. I don't even know her face, how she look like or even her name. The truth is I knew nothing about her. She has been my secret admirer for more than 2 years now. Since the first year of high school when we are in 10th Grade and now I am in 12th Grade. She always left this sticky notes in my desk. I always got one everyday for this past 2 years. I tried to investigate who is that mystery girl but my search and spying always became a dud. There is zero clue about her.

She always draw some pictures on the sticky notes. It is like a puzzle. When you stuck all the sticky note together by placing the older one at the bottom and the latest one following after and flip it, you will see a series of pictures. It is like moving pictures. She always fascinates me with her drawing skills. Her skills is superb! Sometimes there will always be a short poem in her sketches and drawings. I'd try to search it up the poems on internet but I found nothing. So I'm guessing the poems are also her own rants. There are once when I did not get the sticky notes, she gave me a black and white portrait that she drew and she drew the picture of me, wearing spectacles. It the side view of me but it looks so real. Actually I am a little bit short sighted and I will only wear my spectacles when I'm reading or the headache attacking me. I am amused that she knew that I wear spectacles. Day by day, I keeps receiving her drawing and sketches and I can't help myself to fall in love with her.

Crazy right? I knew nothing about her yet I fall in love with her. I don't know how to find that girl anymore. I'd try all the possible things to get informations about her but still I found nothing.

I don't understand why I want to get engaged with Hyun Seul. I should fight for my feelings if I love that girl but why did I do something opposite to that? I don't agree with my mother's decision to make Hyun Seul as my wife but still I don't want to hurt my mother's feeling. She is my everything. She is my world. I can't refuse her request.

Should I just forget that girl and focus on Hyun Seul? But I don't think I have any feelings for Hyun Seul. She is just like a friend now. An annoying friend of course.

Talking about her, her personality and attitude are different when she is in school, out of school, with her friends and with her mother. She is like the typical nerdy girl at school who nobody will notice. Okay everybody notice her but she is not that famous type. She is known because of her cleverness. She is not nerd actually, but she is like the brain of the school. She score each and every exams perfectly. She wears spectacles at school. A rectangular one with black frames. She is short sighted, maybe from studying frequently. She always let her hair down and her hair always covering her face or sometimes she tied her hair to the both side of her shoulder, like what nerds always do. She is the quiet type and doesn't talk much in class or with her classmates. She doesn't smile often and people thinks she is rude.

But when she is out of school or when the school is over, she acts cheery and all bubbly. She also doesn't wear her spectacles when she is outside and she looks more decent that way. Like when she is during our engagement party as example or at the family meeting. Or when we spend our dates together. Same with when she is with her friends. As far as I know she only have one friend which is that Kim Jongin. As I observe her, she acts so friendly when she is outside the school or when she is with Jongin. She talks, laughs, making jokes with him. As far as I observe them, I think Jongin likes her. He always steal glances when she is not looking at him. He always look at Hyun Seul with dearly eyes. He is in the basketball team too along with few other guys in our grade. He is the type that doesn't care about what others think about Hyun Seul. Like the previous rumors about Hyun Seul and Chanyeol. I found out from Hansol that is not the first time the rumors about Hyun Seul and Chanyeol spreading around school. I wonder why Jongin still like her when clearly there is something going on between that two persons and he is in the same basketball team with Chanyeol. That would be really awkward between both of them! I should dig out what is the relationship between my classmates Chanyeol and Hyun Seul.

Oh, there is another one. How she acts when she is with her mom. She doesn't talk much with her mom not like any other girls. She is the only daughter in the family and it is suppose to be she is quite close with her mother. But it is the total opposite for her.

Hyun Seul's POV

I went to the garden at the rear of our house and found my brother Chanyeol there at the swing. He swing the wooden and antique looking swing slowly and his head are shooting to the sky. I take a sit beside him and he looked at me with a big grin on his face. He cupped both of my cheeks and ask me.

"You look so gloomy this few days. Why my dear? Is there something wrong in your life lately?"

"Nothing, I'm still upset with the engagement thingy. I don't want to be engage at this young age." I pouted.

He chuckle a little and reply, "Wasn't he the dream guy of yours? You already like him for a long time right?"

"Yeah I know but this is not the right time to get engaged. I want to further my study first and graduate from collage and get a job first."

"Hey hey hey, think positively about that. This happened a little faster in your life. You still can graduate from collage after this." He play swith my hair. I always get sleepy when he do that.

"Oh yes, Yeol. Sehun asked me about the rumors about us. That is so funny to me. He didn't knew about you yet?" I asked Chanyeol while laughing.

"Really? He knew nothing about me yet? Hahahahah! Oh God this is so funny. He must be furious about us. Didn't he came here that time when Aunty Oh introduced him to you? During that family meeting?" Chanyeol asked me back.

"That is what I'm talking about. He already went here twice. Oh make it three times. He even stare at our family portrait that other day when we went to roller blading. There are lots of our pictures together hanging in our house."

"Really? You went roller blading with him? Eh wait. Three times?"

"Yeah, three times. The family meeting, roller blading, engagement ceremony." I replied back at my brother.

"Ah right! I was even there when the engagement ceremony were held. Didn't he saw me there? I think people will always notice my existence in a place because I am tall. And besides I am his classmates. Didn't he curious looking at why his classmates is in his party? Oh God that boy can be dense at times. Hahahah."

"Hahahah, let him be like that. Don't tell him about us yet. Let it be a surprise and let him figure it out by himself."

************

Hyun Seul's POV

I went to school early today with Chanyeol. He will having his basketball practice today. The tournament is nearing and that explains why he is quite busy with his basketball thingy these few weeks. I went to my locker and grab a few of my books in it. As I am busy arranging my stuffs in my locker, a guy come nearing me without my knowing.

"Want to go out this Friday? I'll pick you up at your house after school." a guy said.

"Oh My God. Yi Fan! You startled me!"

He chuckled a little and replied "You are so cute when you are shocked! Hehehe. So how's that? I'm asking you out for a date this Friday Hyun Seul."

"No Yifan, I'm busy on Friday."

"But it's after school. You are still busy?"

"Yes, there are some family stuff."

"Oh okay, Saturday then."

"No Yifan, Saturday is the day I do my revision. I should be studying on Saturday." I closed my locker and locked it.

I saw my fiance on the way to his locker. He goes to school this early today? Wow I'm impressed! His locker is near mine by the way. I ignored him.

"Hish. You and your studying! When will you give in and agree to go on a date with me? I've been saying I like you since 11th Grade. When will you learn to accept my love towards you?"

"I'm not interested in you. You should just find another girl to flirt around with." I replied to him.

"No! I will never turn my interest towards other girl just like that. Just wait for it you will fall for me one day."

"I should told Chanyeol about you so he can give heavy punishment to you during training." I hushed him.

"He knew about I'm liking you and said nothing about it. He likes me maybe. Hahahah. Okay darling see you around! I'm going to the practice. Bye!" He wave happily at me and wink before went away with a cheer steps.

"With this look you manage to make Yifan fall for you. Hahaha." Sehun said to me while chuckled at the end and looking at me up and down. Annoying as always.

"What is wrong with you? Can you not annoy me for a day? Urghh it stressed me out to look at your face in this early morning. What an unlucky day today." I replied with an annoyed face to this conceited jerk.

"I got my point there okay. You are not even near to the word beautiful and Yifan is like the most famous and good looking guy in school. Well besides me of course because I am handsomer than him. How come he can fall for you? Do you happened to learn any seducing techniques when you studying?"

"What can I say, he has a good eyes in valuing a girl. Not like that someone."

After that word I left him there dumbfounded. Chhhh that jerk. Always come with different techniques to annoy me.

************

-A few months later-

Hyun Seul got an offer letter to study abroad after their CAT (Korean National Collage Scholastic Aptitude Test) with her trial results and if her results in the real exam is going to be as good or better than this, she will be accepted in that university. She didn't tell anything about that to both of her parents especially to her mother. She only told that to his older brother, Chanyeol. She asked Chanyeol to keep it as a secret for her and do not tell anyone about that even to Jongin.

"Hyun Seul." Their mom called her.

"Yes?" She replied.

"Mrs. Oh wanted to make the wedding a little bit earlier than both of you should." Her mom said.

"Ne? Oh okay."

"When I said a little bit earlier I mean the wedding is going to be held next month."

"What? That early? Shouldn't you wait for us to graduate first?"

"Do not rise your voice towards me Hyun Seul! When you will learn to be polite to the elders? Hish this girl! Always embarrassing me with her attitude! Mr. and Mrs. Oh will be move to overseas for a few years so she wanted Sehun to stay here with us."

"Then let's just let him stay here. There is no need for us to get married this early."

"Mind your own words Hyun Seul! What will people think about our family when I have a daughter and let a grown up boy live here with us."

"He is already my fiance, what is wrong with that?"

"Because he is your fiance, both of you should get married first before we let him stays here with us. I don't want any bad reputation to our family."

"Up to you. If I said I object that, you will still stick with your decision. Do whatever you want. I'm just going to obey your words."

************

Hyun Seul walked with Jongin to the library during recess time. As they happily cracking jokes with each other, they bumped into Sehun alongside the corridor.

Sehun flashed his index finger indicated Hyun Seul to come near him.

"Didn't I warn you last time? Do not talk with any other boys including him and Chanyeol?" He whispered near to Hyun Seul's ear.

"So do I look like I care about that? You are not my boyfriend either my husband. Stop with your nonsense. I have been friend with him since middle school. He is my best friend since that. And who are you to order me around like you owned me?"

"I didn't own you yet. But soon, I will." Sehun smirked.

"Chhh, up to you jerk." Hyun Seul rolled her eyes.

Suddenly Sehun indicated his index finger to his loosening necktie.

"Now what with that look?" Hyun Seul asked.

Sehun lean closer and slowly whispered to Hyun Seul's ear once again.

"You should practice by now honey. Starting with my tie first."

"Fine!" after Hyun Seul said that she quickly grab his tie up left him with a loud chocked noice because she "accidentally" fixed his tie too tight around his neck.

"Serve that jerk. C'mon Jongin, we should get going."

Jongin slowly chuckled as they passes Sehun. Seeing Sehun being harshly treated like this is actually quite fun in his eyes.

"What's with him earlier? Since when you are friend with him?" Jongin asked Hyun Seul.

"Let's not freak out if I told you this okay? Promise me that?" Hyun Seul asked Jongin.

"Okay I promise I wont." He held one of his hand up.

"I'm engaged to him and we are going to get married next month. Crazy right? I know, I found it crazy too."

"What? Married? Next month?"

Everyone look at them and shoo them to keep quiet.

"Shhhh! I told you to not freak out about this! We are in the library. Don't yell like that." Hyun Seul whispered.

"But but but. You are just 18?"

"There is nothing to do about that. The date has already been decided by our parents."

"Does arrange marriage still exist in this world?" Jongin asked. Obviously annoyed.

"It's not like we are arranged, but his mother wants me to be his daughter-in-law that much and my mother likes him too. My mother thinks he got the complete package. They do ask us first about this but I guess we both just can't resist our parents."

"You know I like you right? Since middle school." Jongin asked Hyun Seul.

"Yea I know but I don't like you in that way. Sorry Jongin." She apologized.

"I'm going to wait for you. It's okay if you are married. As long as you didn't fall for him I will wait for you."

But Jongin, I already fall for him even before this marriage thingy happened. Way back since our 10th Grade.