Chapter 20: FIRST WAVE

ACID ft. ALKALINE [HIATUS]

Their days became much peaceful after the confession, and they began to understand one another. They openly discuss their relationship and have decided not to rush things. They’ve also agreed to still keep the marriage hidden. And this time, it’s not because Tiffany isn’t ready or because the marriage is just temporary, but she wants to solve all her problems with Chul Woo and only then she’ll reveal her marriage.

Taeyeon agreed with her idea and had no objections to it. He also understands the complexities of both modelling and entertainment industries. He sure Tiffany knows what to do and respect her decision.

Tiffany has never felt more at ease in a relationship, and she feels very happy with her life. She never met Chul Woo after the incident and in fact, she had blocked his number after he keeps on calling her every day. She knew she’d have to meet him sooner or later, but for now, she wants to stay away from him first.

And today, Tiffany finally gets to work again after resting and went to therapy session for her injured legs. She has got a full permission from her doctor and therapist so here she is, shooting a fall campaign. Being a fashion model really needs more than beauty and Tiffany glad she can back again on track.

--

PHOTOGRAPHY STUDIO

The studio was packed with people. Stylist, Make-up artist, Art Director, Photographer all of them work according to their duties. Tiffany arrived at the studio on time and brought herself straight to the make up room. She was greeted by the stylist and make-up artist in there. She flashed the brightest smile she got to them as she already knows all of them. They were her best team anyway.

Tiffany takes a seat to do her make-up and hair when suddenly a woman started to talk to her. “Someone seems so happy today…” A hair stylist while undone Tiffany’s messy bun.

Tiffany smiled shyly, “Noooo I’m not. Unnie just love to tease me didn’t you?” she denied with laughter.

Everyone in the room laughed along with them. They got to know that Tiffany is not that snobbish as what people said, she’s actually a bright and bubbly person, hence the reason why they can tease and get comfortable around each other.

As always, people get confused with her personality when she dated Chul Woo back then which why there’s a lot of rumors going around about Tiffany being cold and ill-tempered while she was actually being controlled by that snake.

 

“Your face says it all Tiff, come on… is something happy happen to you lately?” A make up artist asked her while smirking behind her.

Tiffany knew she had no choice but to give in to all of these unnies. She was indeed close to them and always shared her problems and secrets.

“Well… um you can say that. I am happy.” She answers their question while pulling out her phone. She texted her husband to inform him that she already arrives to her workplace safely. Although Taeyeon never ask her to do to all that, she just feel like to so that he can get update about her.

 “Aha, see I was right!” the hair stylist said while prepare Tiffany’s hair. “So what was the reason? Is Chul Woo took you to fancy dinner last night?” she guessed, and Tiffany’s smile immediately fade.

“No. He’s not even in my life anymore unnie.” Says Tiffany, remembering the day Chul Woo left her.

All the people inside the room looking at her from mirror reflection. Their reaction was clueless, and their eyes get rounded. Obviously they were totally shocked.

“So what about the news? The rumors? The pictures?” Another stylist starts bombarding her questions. They were aware about news regarding they both getting back together and get caught going for a date few weeks ago.

Tiffany sigh and shakes her head. She takes a deep breath before continue to talk. “I was wrong for putting my hope on him but now not anymore.” She let out a small smile when she thought about Taeyeon who’s now holding the title as ‘Tiffany’s knight’

1 sentence and it enough to make them become more confused about it. “Uhh what?”

Tiffany just nods and try to end it with silly laughter but got cut by another question from the stylist. “So you mean the rumors were true? That your wedding with Chul Woo was cancelled and you got married with someone else?” Judging on Tiffany’s body language and her extra happy expression, they sure it was love and not just an ordinary day. So if it was not because of Chul Woo, then it must be because of someone else.

Didn’t say anything, she then showed her wedding ring on her finger. And yes you saw it right. Tiffany wears her wedding ring publicly for the first time. Their jaw automatically dropped.

“SERIOUSLY?!” they said in unison.

Tiffany laughs with their simultaneous action and nod to them. And as much as they eager to know about her husband, Tiffany kept to her promise. She didn’t tell them about Taeyeon, not even a hint nor clue was given.

“I will tell you when it’s the right time unnie. I’ll tell everyone about it.”

And that’s marked the last thing they talked about her marriage. They then change to another topic and Tiffany continue to scroll her phone or approximately, she’s waiting for Taeyeon’s replies.

--

FEW HOURS AFTER THAT

Tiffany has changed into the 4th set of the outfits and her energy still not depleted. She’s been doing something she loved in such a long time. For the first time, she didn’t bother to think about Chul Woo and does her job with full of passion.

They now were taking breaks and will continue after lunch. Tiffany stays in her room because she doesn’t want to eat out. So she asked her manager to just buy her anything.

Meanwhile, Tiffany takes out her phone and called someone. She patiently waits for the receiver to answer her call. Few ringing and the call get connected.

“Hello?” he says.

“Hi!” she greets him back with a cheerful tone.

“You sound so happy. How was your work Fany?” and the receiver is none other is… Taeyeon.

She flashed a smile even though he’s not in front of her. “It’s so good to be back. I love it Tae! The sets, the concept, the staffs, and the outfits too!” she explains eagerly.

Taeyeon on the other side chuckles with her reaction. She’d really be a kid when it comes to explaining something she loved huh. “Hey hey, hold your energy missy. I know you’re happy to be back, but still be careful with your ankle okay?” he reminded her.

She nods alone and answered him, “Okay doctor Kim, I will!” sometimes she forgot that she been married with a doctor.

“Good. Have you eaten?” he asked her from the other side.

Tiffany the put her phone call on speaker as she was trying to take off her fake eyelashes. It has disturbed her from see things clearly as it was kind of heavy on her  eyes. “Not yet but I’ve asked manager unnie to buy something for me to eat.”

“I see, it’s alright as long as you eat Fany. Oh and don’t pressure your back too much.” Taeyeon suddenly remember about her back problem. Since he knows that Tiffany must give her all to her work, she might forget about her back pain.

Tiffany smiled when she listens to his words. She loves how Taeyeon always reminded her to take care of herself and even remember small things about her. “Yes I will Tae. How about you today? Got anything to do?”

“Uhm I don’t actually but these crackheads were dragging me out.”

“Crackheads?”

“My friends. The one who came to our house that night. Remember?” He explained. But then he froze on his own on the other side. “Our house huh Taeng? You’re totally into her.” he then slaps himself to bring him back to the reality.

Tiffany remembers how she hide in Taeyeon’s closet and end up fell asleep in there. That was also the night when Taeyeon called her his wife. It was not a good day actually, but just by that word he managed to let the mess in her mind go away. “Ah yes I remember them.”

“Does your friend Juniel come along too?” don’t know why she blurted the question. “Does she really his friend?” since the day she heard Taeyeon mumbled her name in his sleep, she got really curious about who Juniel really are.

Taeyeon surprised with her sudden question. “You remember her?”

“Yes of course I remember her Tae. We bumped into each other before.”

“Yeah right I forgot about that. Oh and I don’t know whether she’ll be there or not. Sometimes they’ll bring her along too. Why?”

Tiffany thought for a moment. So there is probability for them to meet. “Hm? Nothing, just asking hee.”

Both of them then end the call after talking for a few minutes. Just when Tiffany put back her phone on the table, she heard a sound of door clicked. She thought that it was her manager who already back from lunch and bring her food, but it was beyond her expectation actually.

She so shocked to see the person that her body began to tremble. She tried to reach for her phone, but she was so panic and accidentally caused her phone to drop on the floor. It’s not a surprised he got to know her schedule or location since they were in the same agency and always have the same schedule. But she never thought he would pop up like this.

He looks miserable. His hair was messy, his body smells alcohol as soon as he steps into the room. Obviously he’s been drowning himself in alcohol don’t know for how many days.

“You don’t look so happy to see me Tiff. Why? Am I not your favorite person anymore? Hm?” He asked while walk slowly towards her.

Tiffany remained silent and just prayed silently that someone could save her from this situation.

Looking at her hanging down her eyesight, he smile slyly, “Are you scared of me Tiff? Come on, don’t be scared babe. I’m not going to do anything to you.” he takes a seat on the chair next to her and began to stare into her eyes.

He caresses Tiffany’s right cheek and says, “You know, I just… miss you. I miss you so much Tiffany…” he then brought his hand down to her back of the head and asked her, “Don’t you miss me?”

Tiffany shut her eyes closely as she scared of his stare. His eyes looks like he’s ready to kill and eat his prey. “I’m asking you, did you miss me?!” he gripped the back of her neck, causing her to let out a short scream. For once she thought he’s going to strangle her to death.

She was startled with his sudden yell and answer him with stutter. “Y-yess I-I d-ddo m-miss y-” tears started forming at the corner of her eyes, but Tiffany tries her best not to show it to him.

“Lie!” he let her neck go and stand up furiously. Chul Woo has been listening to Tiffany’s conversation with Taeyeon since earlier and his heart going mad as he saw how bright her smile is. Plus, he also mad for been blocked by her. Right now, he’d be seriously looking like a psychopath than a normal human. His eyes went little bit red, and his eyebrows furrowed.

Tiffany automatically close her eyes when she heard his yelling. She truly feels scared right now.

“Tiffany oh my Tiffany… you make me crazy you know that?” says Chul Woo while walking back and forth around the room. She didn’t dare to answer him and just cover , trying not to cry harder. He then stopped in front of Tiffany, scanning her from head to toe.

He pulls up her chin and says, “You know I can’t live without you, but you still leave me! You don’t even know that f- doctor. It’s me! it’s me that you love, not him!” he shouted and push her chin away. His voice echoed in the whole room as there were not much thing to stop the sound from reflecting between hard surfaces.

“Chul Woo please… Go home. You got a family and they’re waiting for you…” Despite being really scared and afraid of his next action, Tiffany tries her best not to talk to him in a provocative way or in a rough tone.

Hearing she answered him for the first time, Chul Woo step to in front of her. He purposedly brought his face closer to her. “What did you say? Family? I don’t have any family. I only have you Tiff.”

Tiffany pulls her body back slightly. “W-we’re not Chul Woo. Y-you have ss-son, he must be waiting for his dad.” She really doesn’t want Chul Woo to create any scene at her workplace. Plus, it’s really not a good time and he’s not in a stable mental condition.

“No! That kid is not my son!” He shouted once again. “Is that the reason why you can’t be with me Tiff? Because of that kid? I can get rid of him if you want. Just tell-”

She cut him off. She has tried not to provoke him, but this guy is uncontrollable. He’s getting worst. “No!” Tiffany stands up. “Don’t you ever do the thing you had in mind Lee Chul Woo!” she’s already had enough with his psycho antics.

Chul Woo laugh at her sudden burst anger. “Your voice sound so y when you called my full name Tiffany. Like when you m-”

PANG!

She slaps him. Hoping that will wake him up. “Enough! Wake up Chul Woo. We’re over! Go back to your fa-”

“NO!” he cut her off and began to grips her wrist. “I just have you and only want you Tiffany. I-” he stopped his words when he heard someone twisting the doorknob.

Tiffany was relieved that finally someone came to her rescue and saved her from going through all this for much longer. She tries to let go of Chul Woo’s hold, but he tightens it even more, causing Tiffany to wince in pain.

He whispers something to her before release the grip. “You’re mine and always be mine Tiffany. We’re not over yet. Remember that.”

The door then open and revealed Tiffany’s manager holding food for her. She was beyond shock to see Chul Woo in the room.

“Yah Lee Chul Woo. What are you doing here?” says the manager while walk into the room. She can sense there’s something happening between them.

He didn’t bother to answer her and walk out from the room after releasing the grip.

“Tiffany, are you okay? Did he do anything to you?” she asked.

Tiffany shakes her head. She takes a seat on the sofa and caress her wrist that now reddened.

“What’s wrong with your hand? Why is it red? Did he cause that?”

She shakes her head again. “It’s okay, this is nothing.” And continue to caress it. “By the way unnie, can you ask the company to keep my schedule from him from now on?”

Her manager nods, taking notes on what she said. “I bought you some bananas and sushi. Eat first, you have another 40 minutes before the shoot start again.”

Tiffany nods and began to eat her food. While she’s eating, her manager stays inside the room as she afraid Chul Woo might come again. She also informed the company about what happen earlier and requested extra security for Tiffany.

--

WHILE ON OTHER SIDE

Taeyeon has waited for his friends for almost 30 minutes in a café. He almost finished his ice latte and began to fed up. Taeyeon hates waiting hence the reason why he always rejects their invitation to hang out together.

He just thought to go home after finish his ice latte if his friends still didn’t show up. But his thought gets cut off when he saw 2 bean pole and a tater tots enter the café with their shameless smile.

“Ssup Taeng!” Sooyoung says while take a seat beside him.

Taeyeon shot a glare at them. “Ssup my a-. You guys are late!”

Yoona called the waiter while Sunny put the blame on Sooyoung. “Blame him. We’ve been waiting him for an hour just to pick a f- perfume.”

“Yah it’s not just a perfume. It’s my mood booster!” he defends himself but then get a hit on his head from Taeyeon. “And hitting you is my mood booster now. How does it feel?”

“Ouch yah Taeng!” he thought of retaliating his hit, but he stopped when he saw Sunny’s glaring from opposite. As always, only Sunny can tame him.

“Enough fighting, let’s order.” Says Yoona while handing the menu book to them.

It takes just a few minutes for them to order but things get long when it comes to Sooyoung. The waiter needs to catch up with his order while he still on the starter dish page.

Tired of hearing his never-ending order, Taeyeon cut him off. “Yah is this your last meal or what?”

Sooyoung averted his gaze from the menu. “What? I’m hungry.”

And the rest three of them just shake their head with his antics. Such a foodie.

--

Sooyoung finished ordering his food after scanning the menu book for 10 minutes. While waiting for their food, Sunny began to ask Taeyeon.

“So how was your life now? I mean this is your first time stays at home for quite long time.”

Taeyeon sips his drink and answer her. “Nothing much changed. Just no pager beeping in the middle of the night and no messed up sleeping schedule hahaha.”

“By the way Taeng. Our unit feels lonely without your yells. The residents have also gotten more brazen in their actions.” Sooyoung added. It’s true, since Taeyeon got suspended, the residents tend to be ruder and lazier than before.

Taeyeon’s eyes turn to round, as if not believing what he heard. “What? Are you serious?”

Sooyoung nods to him. “Yes. For this week alone, our unit has received multiple complaints from patients.”

“I also heard that Neuro unit is in chaos since you’re gone oppa.” Yoona added.

Taeyeon sips his drink again. Hearing that his unit was in disarray made his throat dry. “Yah, you were there. Juniel too. What happen?” he slaps Sooyoung’s shoulder, making him choke while drinking his juice.

“Since you got suspended, the director be in charge for our unit. All heavy cases need to be referred with him. Plus, we are also experiencing staff shortages.” The foodie explained before order another juice.

“Eh why?”

This time around Sunny answered his question. “Our hospital sent several specialists to join the medical team for the peacekeeping mission in Lebanon that’s why.”

“But why they need to choose specialist for our unit?”

“Oppa, they choose from various unit. Not only on Neuro.” Yoona explained and Sunny also nods in agreement.

Taeyeon sighed. If only he can come and help them. Being suspended when the time everybody needs him is . To change the moody atmosphere, Taeyeon started to switch to other topic.

“Speaking of Juniel. Where is she?”

Sunny and Sooyoung started to let out smirk to him while Yoona is the one who answered his question. “Juniel unnie really can’t afford to come along. She got 3 surgeries back and forth.”

“Oh I see… I feel bad suddenly.”

Sooyoung began to , “Awh our Taeng still care about her huh?”

“It’s just a feeling of concern for a colleague and friend, stupid.” he flicks Sooyoung’s forehead.

He winces in pain while Sunny asked him, “Don’t you want to try again Taeng?”

“Huh? Try what?” he looks at her with a confuse look.

“Get back together with Juniel of course! She still loves you Taeng.”

Sunny’s words have made Taeyeon and Yoona look at each other. Yoona knows what’s in Taeyeon’s mind. “W-what? No…. thanks.”

“But why?”

“I just don’t feel like to. I’m more comfortable being friends with her.”

Not just because he’s married, but he really doesn’t have any feelings toward her anymore. The day he steps into the plane to go back to Korea, that’s when he left his love for Juniel in abroad.

They then continue to talk more before the food arrives.

Within 10 minutes their meal started to arrive and was served one by one at the table. Their tables are now completely occupied, and the food has yet to arrive. They know, this is nothing but the result of Sooyoung’s order.

“CHOI SOOYOUNG!” three of them scream in unison.

 


I tried to update as soon as I can after recover and I'm starting my new job this week, so I'm not sure whether I got time to update or not. But I'll try of course. 

Like usual, I didn't check my spellings or grammar mistakes so I'm very sorry. Thank you for reading and waiting. 너네 최고야!