Chapter 11: LEAKED SECRET

ACID ft. ALKALINE [HIATUS]

AT GIMPO AIRPORT

A lot of fans gathered around the airport after knowing that Tiffany faced an incident in Busan Fashion Week. Tiffany who is not recover from her embarrassment earlier not ready to see anyone especially her fans. Her manager had arranged for her to use another exit instead of the main entrance.

Tiffany cover her face with black mask and hoodie that covered most part of her face. Since she couldn’t walk, she has been used wheelchair in the whole journey. During the journey, her leg has been put to rest and her manager keep on putting ice on it to reduce the swelling as what the doctor in Busan hospital said temporarily before reach to Seoul. She has been brought straight to the hospital right after touch down. While in the car, Tiffany not even talk to anyone, not even to her manager and keep her head down.

--

AN HOUR LATER

They reached at the hospital using backway. Though they think the fans didn’t aware about this, but they still take precaution way to avoid anything happen.  

While being brought to the treatment room, Tiffany keep on scrolling down her phone looking at whether there is news about her. And her anticipation were right.

“Busan Fashion Week this year is a mess.”

“Experienced model ruined the elegance of Busan Fashion Week.”

 

Suddenly her phone being pull way by her manager.

“Its enough. Don’t read it anymore.” She said while putting Tiffany’s phone in her bag.

“But i…-”

Her manager didn’t say anything more and just shaking her head. And Tiffany forcedly agree with it.

As soon as she been brought to the treatment room section , her manager explained everything to the doctor while Tiffany keep her head down, staring at her swelling leg and still thinking about the news and comments from Knets.

--

MEANWHILE AT HOSPITAL LOBBY

There are some residents and nurses are talking about the celebrity coming to their hospital. There are some of them tried to guess who the artist is.

“Have you guys known who is the celebrity that coming to our hospital?” a resident asked a bunch of nurses and other residents who gathered at the nurse station for various matter. Some were checking the reports, there are also some were using computers there and also some of them were gossiping.

Some of the nurses and residents turned when they heard the question. “Eh? There is celebrity? Who?” one of the nurses answer her.

While another residents barge into the conversation and stated his assumption. “Probably that guy… who is his name? The one that be Tiffany’s fiancée before. Ugh I can’t remember his name!” He said as he leaned over the counter after heard the conversation while he was passing by the counter.

“Is it Lee Chul Woo?” another nurse guesses the name.

Finally, can recall the name, the resident answer her enthusiastically “Yes that guy! I heard he already got a child. Maybe he was here for his child.” He recalled the news he read few weeks ago.

“The heck…”

There were some nurses and residents already have their mouth slowly drops open and their eyes gets wider.

Meanwhile Taeyeon who was passed by the group stopped when he saw there were many people there.

“Whoa. Why with the many people here?” he asked out of curiosity.

One of the residents eagerly answer him. “Dr. Kim don’t you hear that we have a celeb- umph!” he didn’t get to finish his words when his mouth being covered by the senior staff nurse that has been watching then since they started gossiping about the celebrity earlier.

Knowing that Taeyeon is not into that kind of entertainment thingy, she decided to stopped them before Taeyeon going mad as those residents didn’t gather around for work but gossiping.

“Know what? Is there any important thing I need to know?” Seemed confuse, he ask the resident while staring right into his eyes.

The senior staff nurse step in front. “No Dr. Kim. It just some ridiculous jokes thrown out among the resident. I bet you’ll not find it as an interesting content.”

Taeyeon’s eyebrow get frowned. “Mindless jokes huh?” he stares to the residents.

At the same time, those residents looked down to the floor when they saw Taeyeon’s facial expression. He has the dour faced which make he look scarier. Taeyeon then look at his wrist watch.

“It’s not even break time. I heard that there’s new case coming in less than 15 minutes. Instead, all of you would rather stay here and joking around than take a chance to learn something!” Taeyeon burst out.

“I can get all of you into trouble if you didn’t move your from here. What are all of you waiting for now? GO!” He ordered all of the residents to move away from the nurse station.

As a result, the nurse station has become vacant in an instant. Taeyeon then look at the senior staff nurse. “You’re too soft with them.” he said as he knows that she’s trying to protecting them from getting scolded by Taeyeon.

“But you’re too stern with them Dr. Kim.” The senior staff nurse answers him accompanied with a warm smile.

The senior staff nurse has known him ever since his late mother working there. It’s been a decade and she didn’t change even once. Still be the soft and warm person to all hospital staff especially to residents.

Taeyeon let out a small smile. All of sudden, the feeling of longing came over his heart. Taeyeon miss his mother. He suddenly thought on how his mother would advise not to hurt other no matter physically or by his words. Known for her smile and being a great general surgeon, make she always being loved by anyone who knows her.

Despite of the sudden thoughts coming in, Taeyeon still keep on with his stand. “A doctor should be a clown at their heart, not their brain. They won’t get to learn anything if the brain gets affected. At that time, even albendazole can’t cure it.” Taeyeon give a sarcastic smile and walk away from there.

Having a confuse look, she thinks of what Taeyeon said just now. “Albendazole? But that is for parasitic brain… infection…?” As she mutters the words, she looked around and found that Taeyeon already move himself away from the scene.

The senior staff nurse shakes her head and let out a warm smile. “Taeyeon will always be Taeyeon”

--

Taeyeon then went away and continue to walk along the lobby until he arrived at treatment room section that located at the same floor as the nurse station. Since he didn’t have much work today, Taeyeon got a chance to take a walk around the hospital.

He passed by some patients that were waiting for their turns and suddenly look towards a familiar portrait. But she’s sitting on a… wheelchair. But the ring she’s wearing is exactly the same ring as his wife. Taeyeon walks faster towards her to make sure its not someone that he thinks right now.

Few metres before he get to see her, Taeyeon being stopped by Sooyoung who were there at the same time.

“Yah shorty!” The tallest greet him.

Taeyeon sigh. He didn’t say anything but only giving a head sign to him.

“What are you doing here Taeng? Don’t you have any patient to attend?” Another question being asked to him.

Taeyeon shakes his head.

Sooyoung feel clueless. “What day is today? Is it silent day? Why won’t you say anything?”

Again, without using any words Taeyeon shrugs his shoulder.

Sooyoung pressed his lips together to hold back his anger towards Taeyeon.

--

While Sooyoung still struggling with the ‘Silent Taeyeon’, its already Tiffany’s turn to see a doctor. Her manager want to push her wheelchair when suddenly Tiffany stopped her.

“Its okay unnie, I can get up.”

“No you have to keep seated Tiffany. Let me push you.” her manager insists to push the wheelchair.

Still with her stand, Tiffany kept trying to get up when suddenly she use the wrong leg to support her body and fell. “Its not that hard unnie, I can get- ah!”

As Tiffany thought she was falling down, somebody manage to grab her. Tiffany open her eyes and surprised to see her husband was there and grabbing her waist. Taeyeon was just few metres from her and wasn’t paying much attention to Sooyoung when that tall guy was talking to him earlier. He keep on watch Tiffany and his body giving a quick reflexes when he saw Tiffany fell down.

Both of them look at each other for a few seconds. Taeyeon stare at Tiffany’s eyes with a worry look, wondering on what happen to her. But then they been stopped by Tiffany’s manager.

“Ahem.”

Taeyeon then quickly help Tiffany to get up and get back on the wheelchair.

“What are you..-” Tiffany’s question being shut by Taeyeon.

“There you go. Be careful alright?” Taeyeon smiles before pull Sooyoung out from the scenes.

--

Feeling curious, Sooyoung asked Taeyeon a question. “How can you grab her that fast Taeng?”

Taeyeon surprised with his question and trying his best to coming up with a good excuse. “Huh? Uh.. just a quick reflex!”

“Now you’re talking to me huh? I see~” While Sooyoung was talking to him, Taeyeon slowly walk behind him and left him alone, going back to his office.

Sooyoung, who was not aware about that continue to his steps to the cafeteria.

 

AT TAEYEON’S OFFICE

Taeyeon still wondering what happen to Tiffany. She looks… bad. Looks demotivated at all. Few minutes of thinking and suddenly an idea popped up in his mind. He then quickly browse the internet and found the answer to his question.

“Ah! Why didn’t I think about this before? Silly me!” Taeyeon completely forgot that he can search everything about his wife online.

Taeyeon keep on reading on various site and read almost every comment about Tiffany. There were some of them that concern about her but most of them were throwing shades on her. Taeyeon feels sorry for Tiffany as she has to face this incident when she just wants to start her first job after those problem occurs. He still remembers on how happy she was before when she told him about going to Busan.

--

Half an hour after that, Taeyeon take out his phone to call Tiffany. It takes about few rings for Taeyeon get to talk to his wife.

 

“Hello?” a sweet voice greet him.

Taeyeon let out a small smile behind the phone. “Hi Fany.”

“Yeah hi Taeyeon.”

“How’s your leg?”

Tiffany surprised with Taeyeon’s question. “How did you..- nah it’s okay.”

“Why? What’s wrong?” Afraid of saying something wrong, he asked her.

“Nothing, just wondering how did you know about my legs but I guess you already saw it somewhere on internet right?” She guessed.

“Yy-yeah. But that is not important. I’m just worried, yy-you know.”

Both of them then talked around 10 minutes and Taeyeon got to know that she have to be admitted for further check-up.

After hanging up, Taeyeon straight away went to Tiffany’s room to see her. While going there, he tries his best not to bump into anyone like earlier.

--

AT TIFFANY’S ROOM

Tiffany still not change into hospital gown but already lay on the bed. Taeyeon carefully knock the door and come in after her manager open the door. She quickly left the husband and wife after that to give them some space.

Tiffany give a weird look to Taeyeon. It’s awkward to see him in white coat as he always wear office attire when he left to work.

“Hi there.” Taeyeon greet her with a smile.

Tiffany didn’t open but just reply it with a smile. Taeyeon then take a seat at the side of the bed.

“I’m sorry I didn’t bring you anything. I was in hurry. I’m afraid going to bump into my friends.” He trying to find a topic.

She smiles once again. “It’s okay, I understand. It just so weird to see you like this.” She pointed to Taeyeon’s white coat.

“Ah, this? This is my everyday looks hahaha.” Taeyeon tries to make a joke to ease the awkward moment. Luckily, he manages to make her smile.

Tiffany then stop laughing and look at her injured feet. She look at it with a sad face. Contemplating on how long until she can walk again. Taeyeon who realise it quickly get up and cupped her face, making their eyes meet.

“Hey, look at me. It will heal soon okay? You’ll get to walk again, don’t worry.”

With his comfort words, Tiffany gets teary and it makes Taeyeon feel the urge to touch her lips. He didn’t hesitate and just give her a peck on her lips.

“I know that it’s hard but I’m here and I’ll be with you until you can walk again. You believe me, right?”

She nodded and continue to look at him.

“Why? Is there anything on my face?”

Tiffany shakes her head. “I feel sorry…”

Taeyeon didn’t want Tiffany to feel sadder and shut her thoughts by hugging her when suddenly he saw someone familiar at the door. His eyes become widen and release the hug.

“Wait for a minute, I’m going out for a while.” He then rush out from the room and saw Yoona already lean on the wall outside the room.

“Looking for me oppa?” the girl shoots him.

Taeyeon quickly turn and becomes panic. “Ah Yoona, yy-yeah..”

“Mind to explain?” She ask while crossing her arms.

“Uh… explain what? Ah about hugging the patient? Nah I just give her a moral support, that’s all.” Taeyeon tries to give an excuse.

“Is kissing consider as a moral support too then?”

BAAM!

Taeyeon feels like an atomic bomb has fallen onto him and crash his mind.

“Yy-you saw that too?!”

Yoona nooded and continue giving him a suspicious look.

“!”

Taeyeon then become more panic and started to shake Yoona’s body. “Yah I’m begging you not to tell anyone! Please please! I’ll do anything or give you everything you need! Just please don’t tell anybody!”

“Oppa, stop.”

Seeing Taeyeon didn’t stop begging her, Yoona decided to shut him down by offering a deal.

“I’m not going to tell anyone if you tell me what exactly happen in there. Okay?” She offer a deal.

 Taeyeon sigh.

“Time ticking oppa…”

Taeyeon take a deep breath. He then ask Yoona for confirmation. “Are you really really not going to tell anybody about this? I seriously don’t want them to know anything…yet.”

Yoona silent. The way Taeyeon begging her earlier and also with how desperate he look now… it just not like the Taeyeon she knows. Looking through this, Yoona knows something serious happening. With that, she agree with everything Taeyeon asked for.

--

Taeyeon brought Yoona in Tiffany’s room. Tiffany who was looking outside the window surprised to see Taeyeon with a girl and most important, she remember the girl clearly. It’s the girl that she saw while they were at supermarket few weeks ago.

“Um… Fany, meet my friend Yoona. She’s one the doctor here too.” Yoona bow and shake hands with Tiffany.

Tiffany let out a warm smile to her. “I remember you from supermarket.”

“Supermarket?” Yoona looks clueless.

“Ah sorry, we didn’t get to meet but I remember seeing you talking to Taeyeon at the supermarket.” Tiffany explained.

“Ah that time! Now I remember! You’re the one who’s calling oppa at that time! Right? Ani, but didn’t you the famous model Tiffany Hwang?”

Tiffany smile and nodded. “Yes, that’s me.”

“Since both of you already remember each other, so… Yoona, I want you to meet Tiffany… my wife.” He finally spills his secret marriage to Yoona.

 

“WHAT?”

“ARE YOU SERIOUS?”

“YOU’RE NOT TRYING TO FOOL AREN’T YOU?”

Taeyeon then answer and explain everything to Yoona about how can they end up be a married couple. In such a short time, Yoona still can’t fully digest that they were married. But after all, she will keep her promise to not tell anyone about this. Well, yet.