Chapter 8 : KEEP IT SHUT

ACID ft. ALKALINE [HIATUS]

CHAPTER 8 – KEEP IT SHUT

 

Tiffany end up sit on a beanbag and open her phone’s gallery. She’s scrolling her old pictures with Chul Woo. Her eyes get watery when see on how happy they were and thinking of their memory together. There were pictures where they were escaping together, going on holiday and pictures where he propose to her. Slowly scrolling from the bottom, their pictures together soon being replaced by her picture with Taeyeon. Tiffany look at the wedding picture closely. She observed on their reaction and how happy her father is. All people in the picture were smiling brightly while only both of them have a bitter smile. Somehow, Tiffany did feels sorry to Taeyeon as that man have to marry her in a sudden way without even love her. Tiffany can hear the noise from inside the room. Taeyeon’s friends sound so loud.

 

--

MEANWHILE AT THE LIVING ROOM

 

Sunny, Sooyoung and Yoona were busy at the kitchen as they bring some meat, snacks and alcohol. While they were arranging things, Sooyoung suddenly plates on the sink. He feels curious.

 

“Yah Taeng, did Aunt Hana come here just now?” He blurts the questions.

Meanwhile Taeyeon, who was walk around the house to make sure there is no suspicious thing heard the question and answer him. “What? No she didn’t.”

“Then why there were 2 plates here? Who did you eat with?” He said while observing the plates which is complete with the cutlery set.

Taeyeon suddenly remembered about the plates he used to eat with Tiffany just now. “Oh no! darn it! I forgot to wash it! stupid Taeyeon!”

“Ah! That one…I just used 2 plates because I eat 2 steak today. I was too hungry and it was not fit in one plate. Hehehe”

Sooyoung, who was easily being dumbfounded didn’t ask more and just reply it with simple “Oh. Okay.”

Just then, Sunny went into the conversation. “Yah shikshin why is it so important? It just a plate though.”

“Hahaha yeah oppa, come here and help us to setting the table.” Yoona agree with Sunny and invite Sooyoung to help them. Taeyeon feel relieved because Sooyoung does not ask more about it. In order to not wanting to show any strange situation, Taeyeon then continued to help them remove items that had been bought from the bag and put it on the table. While arranging the things, they talked among them and Sunny start to open a topic.

“Yah Taeng, do you know who did I met during my research?” She said while clean the vegetables in the sink. Only both of them were left at the kitchen as Sooyoung and Yoona already be at the living room, turning on the TV. Taeyeon looked at her with a curious look. “Who?”

Sunny look at around her and make sure the other 2 were not there. She then half whisper to Taeyeon. “I met Juniel. You still remember her right?”

Juniel. That name. It has been a long time since he heard the name. That was his past, Taeyeon don’t even think he remember their memories. The ring on his finger is like draw a gap between his feelings and his marriage. “Ah…Is that so? How is she?”

Sunny look at Taeyeon’s expression. He looks calm, he didn’t excited like before whenever he heard her name. “She’s fine, she have been asking a lot about you though. Didn’t it so cool?”

“What so cool about?” Taeyeon answer her while not looking at her and continue washing the vegetables.

“Yeah… the fact that she still remember you and keep asking about you. You just don’t know how excited she was when she talked about you.”

While putting all the cleaned vegetables in a bowl, he turned to her. “That was my past Sunny-ah. Even I don’t want to think about it anymore.”

Listen to his answer, there seems weirdness in Taeyeon’s behaviour. Sunny doesn’t want to talk more about Juniel as she saw how uncomfortable Taeyeon was. Both of them then went to the living room where all the plates, cooking apparatus were already arranged by Yoona and Sooyoung.

4 of them then continue grilling and eat the food while chit chat when suddenly Sooyoung get up to use a toilet. Taeyeon monitored his steps and keep praying inside that he doesn’t touch Tiffany’s room or his room doorknob. But unfortunately, Taeyeon’s prayer did not being answered. Taeyeon’s room is the first place Sooyoung’s foot step to.

 

“NO!!!!” Taeyeon scream.

Both Yoona and Sunny choked the rice and meat that being eaten while Sooyoung flinched upon his sudden scream. Even Tiffany in the room, heard his scream.

“Yah! What is wrong with you?!” Sunny hit Taeyeon on his shoulder. Taeyeon flinch upon the hit and wipe on his shoulder.

“What?” Sooyoung asked since Taeyeon has been looking at him.

“Aaa-aani, that room is in mess, so I don’t want you to go in there, heeehee…” Taeyeon let out the excuse.

While Tiffany can hear the doorknob being twist few times. She feels panic and tries to find somewhere to hide and end up looking at Taeyeon’s closet. She quickly went in there and shut the door. Tiffany cover to not let her breathing heard by anyone in case the door is unlock.

“Yah Sooyoung-ah, just use the outside one. You know how Taeng is,” Sunny said while Yoona keep munching the grilled meat.

Everything going back to normal when Sooyoung went into the bathroom. Taeyeon tries his best to slide away his panic and mingle into the conversation. The conversation going deep and serious when Yoona start to talk about the development of the treatment in the hospital continue by Taeyeon and Sunny. Suddenly, Sooyoung once again reheated Taeyeon’s panic mode.

“Can’t we just not talk about work once?” Sooyoung sigh.

“Oppa, this is not work things, this is a discussion.” Yoona answered him while chuckle.

Sooyoung smirk, “Yeah, discussion about WORK. Isn’t?”

All 3 of them laugh upon Sooyoung’s replies. Sooyoung then take his phone and scroll some of the news appeared on his notification bar. He saw the article news about Tiffany and show it to Yoona.

“Yah Yoona-ah, do you know her?”

Yoona take a look at his phone and nods. “Of course I know her. I think everyone know her though.”

“Nah, you’re wrong. We all know her but not him.” Sooyoung points at Taeyeon.

“Whhaay Miie?” Taeyeon respond while food still full in his mouth.

Everyone know how Taeyeon are. He don’t even care about anything other than something benefits. That is why he don’t even recognize Tiffany on the first place before.

“Oppa, do you like her?” Yoona ask him jokingly.

Sooyoung rub his chin. “Well, I’ve been eyeing her though since her breakup. That guy truly loses a diamond though.”

Taeyeon still didn’t know the woman they talk about. He keep on thinking when will they go back home as he worry about Tiffany. She must feel bored in there and Taeyeon knows, she will leave soon to Busan. After what happen to her today, Taeyeon really wants her to get the rest.

“Yah, he totally our Taeng! He doesn’t even care about things we talk right now while his eyes just bright when we talk about medical things. Hahaha!” Sunny said.

Taeyeon turn to her with his brows crumpled. “Who is this woman he talks about?”

Yoona show the phone to Taeyeon while he drinks some water and Taeyeon choke when he saw the pictures. “What the heck?! Asdfghjkl?!!!”

Sooyoung hit Taeyeon’s back few times to stop him from choking. “Yah yah yah! Aish!”

“THIS?! WHY?” Taeyeon half scream. This is his wife they were talking about. Well, even though she can’t be called a wife but still…

“What? What’s wrong with her? You know her?” Sooyoung asked him.

“Huh? Aa-aani… Y-yah, do you think she even want to have a glance to you?” Taeyeon changed the topic, avoiding Sooyoung’s question.

“Hm…with my look like this...” Sooyoung said while touched his face, especially in his chin. “Her heart will definitely skip a beat though!”

“Yeah she will be end up in our emergency room because of heart attack from seeing your face. Especially with your double chin.” Sunny mock at him.

“YAH!”

“HAHAHAHAH!” everyone laughs at Sooyoung. Their conversation that night keep changing as Taeyeon don’t want to drag about Tiffany more further or else his secret might found out by them.

--

After they went back, Taeyeon tidy up the house and arrange everything back into its normal place. He then quickly go to his room and search for Tiffany but she cannot be found nowhere. Taeyeon get panic. He search around his room once again. Taeyeon end up sit on his bed and make himself calm by exhaling a long sigh.

“My room is not that big though.” He mummering alone while walking towards the window and check around.

Suddenly, Taeyeon heard a bang sound from inside of his closet. He changes his path from the window and walk slowly towards it. Carefully, Taeyeon slide open the door and saw Tiffany sit in there and… sleeping.

Taeyeon feels relieves. He let out a small smile. Taeyeon get down to see her closely. He looks at her with calm eyes. He scans her face, from forehead, eyes, cheeks, and lastly… lips. Tonight, Taeyeon able to observe his wife's face and he can see the beauty of her apparently in closer look.

“No wonder, people went crazy over you. You’re indeed beautiful…” again, Taeyeon talk to himself.

While he was observing her face, Tiffany moved her body as she feels hot and her body ache from sitting in the closet. Taeyeon get freeze. He afraid of what he should act if she get awake. But unfortunately, Tiffany keep her eyes shut. Taeyeon then carefully lift her out from the closet and put her on his bed. He didn’t feel like lifting her to her room so that is where she going to sleep tonight. He brushes her hair and cover her with blanket. Taeyeon knows their good terms earlier is not mean that they were okay now. It just because she was in need and he had to turn down his ego. Before he walks away, Taeyeon did wish her good night.

“Good night… wife.” He said that hesitantly and get out from the room right away after that.

--

Hear the door clicking, Tiffany open her eyes. She recalls on what happen few seconds ago. She keep saying to herself that it was just dream and what she heard was wrong.

“Taeyeon call me his wife?” that question keep replaying in her mind until she fell back to sleep.

On the other side, Taeyeon who lies on the sofa also think the same thing. He think of what he said to her just now. “Did I really accept her as my wife?”

Both of them then drift to sleep while thinking on the same thing.