Chapter 2 : MESS

ACID ft. ALKALINE [HIATUS]

Taeyeon went to work with a gloomy face even he got enough sleep last night. He still can’t forget about last night thing. In just 3 days, he’ll going to get marry with a girl that he doesn’t know at all. He grabs a cup of hot coffee on his way to work, but still he can’t be fresh and bright.

He ponder by himself in his office. Just when he wants to go and check on his patient, a resident come approaching him.

“Good morning Dr Kim!”

Taeyeon look up and see that girl who is so bright.

“Ah yes Dr Goo? Anything?” he ask her.

That bright girl give him the brightest smile on that morning. She looks shy somehow. “Um I look for you last night but I can’t find you. I thought you’re on call?”

Taeyeon nods to her. “Yes I am but I switch it with Dr Choi. Why?”

“Ah nothing. I thought on following you to check the progress of patient in room 32.”

Taeyeon quiet for a few seconds to remember about the patient. Then he starts to speak again. “The patient is still unconscious, so we can’t do any further. For regular check-up, you can just follow Dr Choi or maybe the other residents.” He explain.

Looking at the girl silent. Taeyeon excuse himself to go from there, but then she stopped him again. “Dr Kim!”

Taeyeon turn around. “Yes? Is there anything else?”

She smile sheepishly to him. “H-have you breakfast? If not, we can have breakfast at the café downstairs…?”

Taeyeon shakes his head. “No thank you. I’ll just eat later. You can go continue your task.” He rejects her. Since he was so busy. Taeyeon’s eating schedule have changed and its not even organized anymore. The bright girl then make her way out there, while Taeyeon continue to walk to ward. He didn’t forget the thing he have to do. While he’s walking, Taeyeon wonder why that girl always clinging on him. He started to feel annoy with her.

While he walk, Taeyeon keep thinking about last night. How he can even do the decision? Is he going mad? Why doesn’t he just ignore his dad request? He keep on walking while looking down and going through his phone to find out some information about his future wife that he don’t even know. While scrolling, he keeps saw controversy here and there about her. And od course, he found tons of her pictures with her boyfriend and

“She keep on being headline. As expected.” Taeyeon keep on mumbling while he was walking. Shutting down the tabs, he then mumbling again. “Men everywhere, controversy every single day. Is this the woman that will be my not-so-forever wife? Pft. I’m dead.”

As he reach to the ward, he was greeted by few nurses and his patients. Done doing his morning routine, Taeyeon going back to his office and settle up some report he need to submit to the director later on. Suddenly, he receive a call from an unknown number. Without hesitate, he just take the call.

“Yes hello?” He greet the caller while his another hand is busily write on the paper. But then, he heard someone sigh and groan on the other line.

“Is this Ttae- um yeong?” The question came with a laughter behind it.

Taeyeon already become pissed off with this caller. He knows who it is. It must be his not-so-future wife.

He gripped his teeth to control his annoyance towards her. “Its Taeyeon. You want me to spell it for ya? T-A-E-Y-”

He then being cut off by her. “Alright fine whatever. I don’t care whether it’s Taeyeon or Taeyeong or whatever.”

Taeyeon didn’t bother to reply her and just sigh on the other line. She then began to talk again.

“Listen here, I want you to come here at the boutique now. I’ll text you the address after this. Remember, NOW!” Tiffany half scream to him. Also not to forget her annoying tone.

Hearing her screaming and sudden order, Taeyeon speak again. “Wait a minute. Why do I have to go to the boutique? And who are you to order me to do this and that?” Feeling curious on her sudden order.

Taeyeon heard her groan again. “To prepare your tux silly. Or you want to wear your blue shirt and pants with that stupid cap with mask? Hahaha!” She means the outfits surgeon has been wear.

He become more and more annoying with her. But then Taeyeon let out devil smile and just answer her bluntly. “Oh the scrubs? Why not? It’s cheap and easy! I can get back to hospital as soon we’re done. How is it?” This is called reverse secret revenge.

Tiffany keep silent after that. Taeyeon know she feel super annoyed with him right now.

“Hello? Anybody there?” Taeyeon tries to knock the tiger’s line. His tone like he is mocking her up.

“JUST COME NOW!” And the line then ended with Tiffany screaming to his ears.

Taeyeon laugh and put his cell phone aside. He didn’t know why, but making her annoyed is his new hobby now. But there’s something bothering his now. How can he going out now?

 

WHILE TIFFANY ON THE OTHER SIDE

“Ugh I hate him!” Tiffany throw her cell phone on the couch while stomp her feet.

“Calm down for God sake Tiff! You make dizzy here!” Jessica who sits on the couch feels dizzy looking Tiffany who’s going to back and forth while told her about what happen last night.

While that, Kwon Yuri who is also Tiffany’s friend come into the boutique with his hoodie on. He manage to swim across press that stand in front of the boutique. “God! I don’t know whether its people flood or what out there. There are too many people!” He complain and take a sit next to Jessica.

Both of the women look at him. It was fine when they come earlier. There’s no people flood or whatever it is.

“It’s the press. They knew you’re here Tiff.” He said while take his hoodie off his head.

“WHAT?!” Both of the girl were screaming out of their lungs.

Yuri cover his ears as it was too loud. “Shut up both of you! Duh! It a normal thing right? So why bother about it?”

Jessica pinch Yuri’s thigh and slap his shoulder. “You ask me to shut my mouth?!”

Yuri pull Jessica into his arms and comfort her. “I’m sorry babe. No no, I just shock with both of you screaming next to my ears. I’m sorry okay?” He give a quick kiss on her temple. “Now we’re good?” He ask her.

Jessica nods and become normal again. She then pull Tiffany to the couch. Asking her to calm down. Tiffany take a deep breath before she talk.

“It’s not okay Yul. It’s fine if press found me here, but he’ll get here soon too. I don’t want press to see him.”

Yuri has a confuse face after Tiffany explain everything. “Him? Who’s him?”

Jessica elbowed her boyfriend. “Its Tiffy’s replacement husband. Remember she told us last night in the group chat?”

Yuri wake up after being elbowed and smile sheepishly to them. Now he remember him. “Oh yes! Hm then just ask him to go through the back door then.”

Both of them nod, agree with Yuri’s suggestion. But within that, Tiffany also keep thinking on how press can know their location. She didn’t expose it to anyone. In fact she try to hide more from the press. While waiting for Taeyeon to arrive at the boutique, Tiffany thought on asking them about it.

“Guys, don’t you know how can the press know about our location?” Tiffany ask the lovebirds who are busy clingy with each other.

Yuri then respond to her. “Um I don’t know Tiff. I didn’t post anything about coming here meeting you guys.”

Tiffany nods to him and reply “Hm so do I.”

But then, Yuri remember something. “But wait. You must wanna look at this Tiff. Hahaha no wonder.” Yuri scroll his phone and found the thing he want to find. He then shows it to Tiffany.

Tiffany become curious seeing Yuri’s laughter. She takes his phone and see the content. She surprised when she saw Jessica’s Snapchat update. Now she knows how the press found them.

“YAH JUNG SOYEON!” Tiffany scream half out of her lungs.

Jessica who was busy replying her fans comment on Instagram flinch upon her name being yelled by Tiffany.

“What?”

Tiffany didn’t say anything and just show her phone to Jessica. The video showed Jessica walking into the boutique and talk to Tiffany. Tiffany didn’t notice she was being record as she was looking at tuxedo design for Taeyeon.

Jessica cover . “Whoops. Sorry Tiffy.”

Tiffany sigh upon that and shake her head. She then keep her phone back. At the same time, Taeyeon who have to sneak out from his workplace keep on mumbling about how Tiffany order his up. Taeyeon have to switch with his colleague for a while just because Tiffany.

While Taeyeon was driving, he got a message from Tiffany to use backdoors when he arrive at the boutique. He already can bet it was because of the reporters. Didn’t bother to reply her message he just continue to drive. Well, he need to rush the time.

As he reach there. Taeyeon park his car and continue to walk at the back door of the boutique. He message Tiffany after the back door is lock.

 

To: Witch

I’m here. Open the door.

 

Tiffany who was in the boutique receives the message and quickly goes to the back door. She saw Taeyeon come in with nice formal attire since he needs to meet the director later on. Tiffany never thought, Taeyeon could be this ‘handsome’ yeah she can say like that.

“Hm he’s quite dressy.” Tiffany mutters by herself.

“Quick, I don’t have much time.” Taeyeon said while walking.

Now here Tiffany get annoying with him. “Huh like I got much time here.”

Taeyeon smirk and let out cynical smile. “Of course you got much time Tiffany. You can’t even go out like you always did. You’ve to hide yourself. So basically, you’re trapped and have SO much time.” He emphasize the word ‘so’ to her.

Looking at Taeyeon being sarcastic with her. Tiffany can’t say anymore. She just want everything to end quickly, didn’t want to look at Taeyeon. “Shut up!”

Taeyeon didn’t realise that there are 2 pair of eyes are looking at them. He was laughing at Tiffany who was losing to him now.

While Tiffany brings Taeyeon to fitting his suit, Jessica and Yuri were talking about what they saw earlier. They feel shocked with Taeyeon who dare to talk back to Tiffany. No man or any people dare to do it because Tiffany is a grumpy person.

“Babe, I think he can ‘tame’ Tiffy. Don’t you think?” Yuri said.

Jessica look at both of them who was still quarrelling in fitting section. Although she can’t hear them, but she knows both of them were fighting again. Jessica nods to her boyfriend and said “Hm I think so. From what I see, he is different. He got something in him.” The couple then continue their ‘discussion’ about Tiffany and Taeyeon.

As they finish with the fitting session , Taeyeon have a small talk with the owner of the boutique. Tiffany stand beside Taeyeon and give him a pinch on his waist. Taeyeon flinch and give her a hawk looks. “What?”

She showed her hands, sign of clock ticking. “You said you don’t have much time.”

“Oh crap, I almost forgot!” Taeyeon just run out from the boutique without bother to use the back door. He doesn’t even care about the reporters there. He’s going to be killed if he didn’t arrive at the hospital. It’s near to 11am. He needs to meet the director.

 

 

 

AT THE HOSPITAL

Taeyeon manage to arrive at the hospital precisely at 11am. Before knock the director’s room, he fix his shirt. Taeyeon already made an appointment with the director to discuss about complaint filed by a patient about Taeyeon. Other than that, Taeyeon also wants to ask for his approval to take leaves. Well he got “emergency” wedding though.

Taeyeon come into the room after knocking few times. The director of the hospital, Choi Munho smile when looking at him.

“Ah Dr. Kim, have a seat.” The director offers him a seat.

Taeyeon sit with let out a small smile to him.

“So, I received a complain about you. I bet you know it, isn’t?” The director began to talk.

“Yes I’m aware about it Director Choi.” Taeyeon nods.

“From what I listen to, the patient said you being aggressive towards him. Is it true?”

Taeyeon nods once again. “Yes I did.” He then explain to the director about what makes him take the action. Director Choi listen to his explanation one by one.

“I got footage from CCTV to make my explanation certified.” Taeyeon finishes his explanation with hand in the tape to the director. The director take the tape and take a look at it. “I’ll watch it first. Your explanation already being recorded and thank you for your good cooperation Dr. Kim.”

Before Taeyeon make his way out, he voiced his request to the director. “Um Director Choi, I’ve an emergency request to made.”

The director quiet to listen to his words.

“I want to take few days leaves. Can I?”

“What emergency is it then?”

Taeyeon let out heavy breath before talk. “I’m going to get married Director Choi.”

The director got surprised as he knows Taeyeon is a workaholic man. The news on he want to get married surprised him. “Wow! Congratulation to you then. When is it?”

“It’s tomorrow.”

The director get more surprise. “Oh my. That is emergency. Just write a letter and I’ll approve it. For now, I’ll let you go home early. You must want to make a final preparation.”

“Thank you Director Choi. I really appreciate it.” With that, Taeyeon walk out from the room with a relieve.

Taeyeon walk on the corridor while thinking on whether should he call Tiffany to ask anything about their wedding. Suddenly a call come from his department. There must be an emergency. Taeyeon rush to his departments to see his resident already there waiting for him. With a heavy breath, he ask “Report.”

“A 38 years old man. Sudden . CT scan has been made.” The resident said while hand him the CT scan file.

Taeyeon quickly take a look at it. “It’s a ruptured aneurysm.” The resident nods with him. “Prepare the OR! We need to operate him quick!” With that, Taeyeon rush to his locker and change into scrubs. On his way going to OR, Taeyeon bumped into his resident who he asked to assist him. Dr. Goo Hara.

“Dr. Kim!”

“Yes Dr. Goo. We must operate to clip the bleeding and reduce intracranial pressure. Got it?”

The resident nods and both of them rush to the OR as quick as they can.

--

Taeyeon starts to operate smoothly with the assist of Dr. Goo.

“We’ve got a subarachnoid haemorrhage. Suction.” He ordered the resident.

While the resident do her job, Taeyeon said “I need to isolate the aneurysm.”

Dr. Goo trying to approach Taeyeon by making up a casual conversation with him while he was carrying his duty. “What do you think will happened to the kid Dr. Kim?”

While carefully does his job, Taeyeon reply her. “Who? His son?”

“Yeah. He witnessed his father get and everything happen here.”

With a strict tone, Taeyeon answer her again. “He will be a grown up man one day, he must be strong. He still have his mother to take care of.” To cut off her casual conversation, Taeyeon move to conversation about the operation. “Alright, tell me what do you see here Dr. Goo.”

While looking at the screen monitor, she said “I see a bulge on the anterior communicating artery.”

Taeyeon nods. “Yes good. The ruptured aneurysm is compromising blood flow to the frontal lobe.”

This is the usual Taeyeon. He will give a chance to the resident to handle big cases and giving them useful information. Their conversation end there as Taeyeon need a focus on the operation.

“Prep an 11 millimetre standard clip.” He ordered to the nurse.

After few hours, Taeyeon manage to solve the problem and we can say the operation succeeds. He let the resident do the closing and Taeyeon get out from the OR to meet the patient family.

“Mrs. Park?”

The middle age woman with a boy comes to approach Taeyeon after heard her name being called. Taeyeon then brought her to sit at the table provided.

“How’s my husband?”

Taeyeon smile. “He’s okay. The operation went well.”

“So he’s going to be better?” She ask Taeyeon. He can see a hope in her eyes.

“For now, yes he is. But we need another surgery for him as we just stop the bleeding just now.”

The woman surprised to hear about another surgery. “He need more surgery?”

Taeyeon nods to her. “Yes Mrs. Park. The procedure will seal off the aneurysm, but there will almost certainly be some brain damage. Anything from mild visual or speech disturbances to significant paralysis.”

The woman quiet. Taeyeon knows she is confuse and worry at the same time. But he just want to save her husband life. “But Mrs. Park, without the surgery, he’ll die.”

She quiet once again, thinking about what decision she should made. The woman caressed the boy’s hair. “Yes, do it. Just do anything that can save my husband. Please doctor.”

Taeyeon nods. He carries many hopes on his shoulder now. He thanked the woman and gives the information to Dr. Goo as he will take few days leaves after this.

--

As Taeyeon were changing to his normal outfit back, Dr. Goo Hara approach him. That girl never tired to approach him, even though he acts cold towards her.

“Hi Dr. Kim!” The girl greet him cheerfully.

Taeyeon turn and saw her. He give her flat smile and continue to lock his locker. Before he got to walk out from the locker room, the girl once again called him.

“Dr. Kim?”

This time, Taeyeon stop his step and turn to her. “Yes Dr. Goo?”

With her charm smile, the resident said “Thank you for giving me opportunity to assist you Dr. Kim.” She then caressed her hair to the back of ear.

With a flat tone, Taeyeon answer her. “It’s my duty to give chances for resident to learn. And I’ll do the same to the other residents. Not only you.” He tries to put a wall between the girl as Taeyeon can feel something different with her. He then continues his step and walk out from the locker room.

While he was driving home, Taeyeon received a text message from Tiffany. He read it when he reach to red traffic light.

 

 

From : Witch

I need to see u now. NOW! I’ll send u the location. BE QUICK!

 

“Ugh, now what?! Can’t this witch leave me alone? UGH!” Taeyeon slammed his hand on the car steering wheel. He’s sure that the driver next to his car saw him. But he doesn’t even care anymore. It’s the only day he can go home early after having rush day, surgery and now she’s back. Giving him order. With unwilling heart, he just drive to the location given to him.

 


 hi guys! how are you doing? i'm very sorry for the really really really late update! i'm cooping with few problems. don't throw bricks at me! *bows

what will happen when Taeyeon meet the witch? Stay tuned! 

xoxo