Chapter 17: ENEMY

ACID ft. ALKALINE [HIATUS]

FEW DAYS AFTER THAT

Since the incident, Taeyeon distanced himself from people around him. Sooyoung and Sunny still can't contact him to find out the truth. News of his negligence has spread to the media, and even shown in the news. After the minister awake from his surgery, Taeyeon immediately approached him to apologize. Fortunately, the minister did not blame him. But nonetheless, he had to be prosecuted for having undermined his credibility as a well known neurosurgeon and for tarnished the reputation of the hospital.

Taeyeon has attended a committee meeting regarding his case. He gave the same testimony as he told the director during the previous day. No matter how Taeyeon tried to defend himself, he remained convicted for not being able to prove his innocence. There were also witnesses who saw him receive the call, so Taeyeon couldn’t do anything about it. He had to accept the punishment whether he like it or not.

--

Taeyeon was packing things in his office when the door knocked.

“Come in.” He said while putting some books in a box.

The door opened and revealed his best friends. Taeyeon threw a smile and gestured for them to enter.

Usually, his office would be noisy when these three people appeared, but today was different. They entered the room and didn’t said anything other than staring him packing his things.

Aware of the quiet room, Taeyeon turned around and saw that his friends stared at him with sad eyes.

He laughed at them. “Hahaha what’s wrong with you guys? Are you all mourning or what?”

Sunny slaps Taeyeon’s shoulder and clenching her teeth. Taeyeon groaned in pain while caressing his shoulder.

“Yah why do you look so happy? For God's sake you're suspended Taeng!” Sooyoung said. They were so shocked when they heard him got 2 months suspended as a first warning.

Yoona nods to Sooyoung’s word. “Are you really okay being suspended oppa?”

“At least it’s less than what I thought. I consider it as a free holiday, don’t you guys think?” He let out a smile while put the box aside and continue to pack his things.

Tired of Taeyeon goofing around, Sooyoung grabs Taeyeon’s collar, making the petite man flinched. “Yah are you crazy?!”

Taeyeon push Sooyoung away and stare right into his eyes. “You think I’m not upset about it? I’m not even remember doing that thing! The committee already decide it and they did not accept my appeal. So tell me now, do I have to plead and wail in front of them?!” He wiped at the corner of his eyes. They could hear the sadness in his words. Throughout his career, Taeyeon has never made a mistake that caused him to be suspended. Of course he felt pressured by this sudden thing that happened.

Sooyoung hugs him. “I'm sorry Taeng, I'm just disappointed you were suspended. Our unit will lose the best neurosurgeon and I’ll be lonely working without my best friend...” He said between their hugs. Soon, Sunny and Yoona also join the hug.

After few moments, Taeyeon struggle to break the hugs. “Yah you guys make me suffocated!”

“Nah you’re not Taeng. Let’s tighten the hug!” Sooyoung said and squeezed them in his hug.

“Yah Choi Sooyoung!” Sunny also choked because she was squeezed by Sooyoung's long arms.

Yoona release the hugs and laugh, while Sooyoung still wrapped his arms around those two petites. “Hahaha oppa, you’ll make them choked for real.”

Sooyoung release the hugs and smile widely to them. Sunny’s hair were in mess, while Taeyeon shirt crumpled. Both of them then glare at him.

They then help Taeyeon to pack his things. Since they have different schedule, they can’t accompany Taeyeon till he left the hospital. Sooyoung got sudden call for emergency case, Sunny have appointment with her patient, and Yoona have patient to attend. They bid him goodbye and left Taeyeon in his office.

The atmosphere was quiet again and Taeyeon looked around his office. He will miss this room even though it was only 2 months. He then flipped the sign on his door.

“Neurosurgeon Kim Taeyeon… unavailable.”

He let out a sigh and locked the door.

“I’ll be back after 2 months.” He muttered to himself while holding a box and walk away from the room.

--

Taeyeon was walking past the neuro department lobby when someone calls his name from afar.

“Dr. Kim!”

Taeyeon turn around and saw his resident running towards him. The resident then hugs him.

“Oof-f! Yah Choi Kang Soo!” Taeyeon was surprised by his sudden hug and dropped his box.  

The resident was already in tears when they break the hug. He then wiped away his tears and looked at Taeyeon. “A-are you really going to go?”

“Yah what are you crying for? Get yourself together Dr. Choi!” Taeyeon flicked the resident’s forehead, making him groaned in pain.

Out of the many residents, Kang Soo was the only resident who dared to work with him. Aside from being a well-known neurosurgeon, Taeyeon is also known for his strictness and cold aura. That makes other residents hesitant to work with him even though they desperately want to learn from him.

Taeyeon admits Kang Soo annoys him sometimes. But he was a man who dared to admit his mistakes and did not run away every time he was scolded. No matter how many times Taeyeon flicked his forehead or screamed in front of his face, Kang Soo would still stand there and listen to it.

Seeing Kang Soo still wiping away his tears, Taeyeon patted his shoulder. “Mind your behavior during my absence. Keep your mind together or I’ll flicked your forehead even in your sleep! Understand?” Taeyeon flicked Kang Soo’s forehead once again.

Kang Soo smiles and nods to Taeyeon’s word. “Will do Dr. Kim!”

Seeing his resident still standing there, he shooed him away. “So what are you waiting for? Go change the dressing for the patient!”

The resident flinched and quickly walk away from there. “Goodbye Dr. Kim!”

Taeyeon then continue to walk to his car. Along his walk, he’s being greeted by several nurses and doctors. They’re all sad with the news and hoping him to come back soon.

--

HOME

Tiffany came across the news about a doctor’s negligence in treating a minister on tv while she was reading a magazine. The doctor’s identity was not revealed but he is already subject to disciplinary action.

Tiffany shook her head and flipping through the magazine while mumbling. “Luckily, the minister was not dead. Damn, what a careless doctor…” She sighed.

“Yeah a careless doctor, he should’ve just quit isn’t?”

Tiffany flinched when she heard a voice behind her. She’s too focused watching and flipping her magazine until didn’t notice that Taeyeon already home.

She turns her head and saw Taeyeon was holding a big box while removing his shoes.

Seeing Taeyeon struggling to remove his shoes, she offered her help. “Need help?”

Taeyeon done removing his shoes and shakes his head. “Nah, I got it.” He then brings his step to his room but being stopped by Tiffany.

She was wondering why he come home early today.  “You came home early today, aren't you busy?” She asked as she noticed unusualness with his mood and timing.

“Nope.” He responded and continue his walk.

Tiffany wanted to let him alone, but suddenly she remembered the news earlier. They mentioned the hospital where Taeyeon worked. Tiffany remembered that she had seen Taeyeon’s name tag, and he worked in the unit they mentioned in the news earlier, so he definitely knew who the doctor was. Out of her curiosity, she went to Taeyeon’s room to dig some information about the case.

Taeyeon was removing his stuff out from the box when he spotted Tiffany standing in front of his room. “What are you looking at?” He asked her.

“Nothing I just thought on something.”

“Uhum… and that is?” He replied her with no interest while putting a file on his desk.

“The news just now… they mentioned about your workplace. The nureo…-” Tiffany can’t remember the name of the unit and just call it according to the tone she heard on the news earlier.

Taeyeon cut her off. “Neurology.”

“Ah that one. It was where you work right? I was just thinking if you know the doctor?” She said while leaning on his door.

Taeyeon is pissed off. He still can’t accept the fact he got suspended, and when he tried to forget about it, Tiffany came to ask about it. “And why are you so interested in that case anyway?” He shot her a question.

“Why? Is it wrong? I was just trying to get to know what’s happening around me. You know, general knowledge.” She defended.

He let out a deep sigh. “It was me.” Taeyeon’s expression going down immediately and he now hanging his head low, avoid her eyes.

Tiffany’s eyes widened. “What?” She asked once to again for confirmation.

“It was me Fany. I’m the careless doctor you mentioned earlier…” He said in his lower voice.

Tiffany surprised to hear him. She feels regret let out the criticism earlier. There is a silent breeze passed through them. No wonder Taeyeon seems off these days. The man continued arranging his belongings without saying a word. There was sadness on his face. Tiffany curse to herself. “Damn Tiff, you should control your mouth duh.”

Tiffany walked into his room slowly. She approached Taeyeon and sat on the side of his bed. While he still ignoring her existence even though they were just few inches apart.

She bit her lip slowly and speak. “Um… hey…” She stares him with puppy eyes.

Didn’t even look at her, he just hummed.

“I’m sorry okay? I-I didn’t m-mean to. I don’t know it was…y-you.” She uttered her apology with a stutter.

Taeyeon look at her and let out a bitter smile. “It’s okay Fany.” He then turn his back again.

Seeing Taeyeon turn her back on her, Tiffany’s eyes widen. She thought on want to start a new conversation with him but he just turn his back again. “Yah did you just turn your back again?!”

Taeyeon flinched upon her sudden scream and drop his files. Unfortunately, the files fell on his foot, making Taeyeon groaned. “Auch! Argh!” He now cannot stand steady, and his big toe is throbbing in pain.

Tiffany was shocked to see the thick file drop onto his feet and immediately get up to help him. “! I’m sorry Tae! Let me help you.” Tiffany tries to hold Taeyeon’s arms to support him but he push her hand away. “Aish I’m fine.”

“Can you just shut up Tae? You can’t even stand. Look!” Again, she tries to reach his arms but this time he cannot push her hand again since she tightens the grip.

But instead, Taeyeon shakes his arms, trying to release himself from Tiffany’s grip. His actions then made his body unstable and fell on the bed. Since Tiffany was still holding his arm, she also fell… on him.

Tiffany now on top of Taeyeon’s body. They both just stay in the position, didn’t say anything. Taeyeon just admire her face from below and his eyes carefully stopped at her soft pink lips. On the top, Tiffany stare into Taeyeon’s innocent hazel eyes, to his jawline, and her gaze then moved to his upper ed shirt, where his neck revealed.

“Damn, her lips so tempting.” – Taeyeon’s mind.

“Why I never notice this side of you before?” – Tiffany’s mind.

They just continue to admire each other when the doorbell suddenly rang, making both of them snap back to reality. Tiffany quickly get up from Taeyeon’s body and fix her hair.

“I thought a model was supposed to be light?” To reduce awkwardness, he complained while stretching his back, pretending he was carrying a heavy load earlier.

Tiffany on the other hand clench her teeth. “You want to say that I’m heavy?!”

“Didn’t that what you should be?” Taeyeon look at her with mocking stare.

“Then go find a woman that light as feather!” She stomped out from the room, going to open the door.

Taeyeon chuckled at her action and just watch her walk out from his room.

“Cute.” He talks to himself and continue to tidy up his messy room.

Just when Taeyeon want to pick his fallen file, Tiffany rushed back into his room, panicking. “She’s here!” She bump into him, making the file fell on his foot… again.

Taeyeon want to scream out of his lungs since he’s in major pain, but Tiffany covers his mouth. “Ffffuccckhh!” He screams the word under her hands. Although it’s not that loud, but they can still hear the word clearly. She then release her hand from his mouth after he’s done screaming.

“Who’s here?” Taeyeon asked while caress his big toe that now started to turn blue.

“Sshe’s here… Y-your friend, Jj-juniel…”

“WHAT?! !” Taeyeon shocked upon hearing the name. Just another disaster coming in. He didn’t know what to do, it so sudden and he can’t think clearly. While on the other side, the doorbell keeps on ringing.

He’s walking back and forth trying to think on what to do. Just then, he pointed at her. “Yah. you go and tell her I’m not at home.”

Tiffany give him a slap on his shoulder. “You want me to open that door? Are you crazy?!”

Taeyeon hit his forehead. He’s so panic until forgot that Juniel didn’t know about their marriage. “ I forgot this is my house. I’ll go and open the door.” Taeyeon walk out from the room but turn back again after few steps. “Do not go out no matter what. Understand?” He warned her.

Tiffany rolled her eyes. “Ugh I know! Just go and open the door now!” She pushed Taeyeon out from his room and lock the door.

 

ON THE OTHER SIDE

Juniel has pressed the doorbell for the nth time but no answer. She feels slightly disappointed as Taeyeon didn’t tell her about him being suspended. Didn’t she have the right to know as they were colleague now? She just got to know about it from the nurses and resident as she was coming to the hospital earlier to take some documents on her day off. Juniel express her disappointment to Sooyoung, and he suggest to go to Taeyeon’s house.

She just about to press the doorbell one more time when she heard a clicked sound.

“Juniel?” Taeyeon greeted her at the door.

Juniel flash a smile to him. “Hi Tae.” She waved her hand.

Taeyeon closed the door tightly and just put out his head. “W-what are you doing here?” He asked.

Juniel tuck her hair behind her ear and reply to him. “I… um w-want to see you.”

Taeyeon felt a little awkward. He let out an awkward smile. “See me? B-but why? Is there anything? You know you can always refer to Sooyoung right?”

She shakes her head. “N-no it’s not about work…” Didn’t continue her words, she silent for a moment.

After gathering some courage, she began to talk again. “Um, why didn't you tell me about your suspension?”

“Ah about that? I thought you already knew from them, or maybe other staffs?”

She just about to answer him when she realized they still talking outside of the house. Did Taeyeon forget to invite her in?

“Are we going to keep talking from here or do you want to invite me in?” She changed the topic. Juniel noticed that Taeyeon seems reluctant to invite her in. Is it because his house is messy or what?

“W-what? Ah s-sorry, please c-come in!” He opened the door to reveal a mixture of modern and minimalist with subtle luxurious details apartment.

Taeyeon then lead her to his open concept living room and offer her a seat while he went to the kitchen to take some drink. “Have a seat Jun.”

At the same time, Juniel’s eyes darted to see the decorations in Taeyeon’s house. The way he decorates his house shows himself which is simple yet exclusive. She then take a seat on the sofa and her eyes were fixed on a magazine that being put on the coffee table. After observing for few seconds, she discovered that it was a fashion magazine.

“Since when he read this kind of thing?”

Taeyeon returned from the kitchen with 2 glasses of apple juice. He then saw the magazine and pick it up. He knew it belonged to Tiffany. She must left it when she went into his room earlier.

“Didn’t know you’re into fashion now Tae.” Juniel ask him after take a sip of the juice.

“What?”

Her eyes shoot at the magazine that he was holding on.

“This? Ah it just for decoration. Going to throw it anyway hehe.” He said and throw the magazine in the rubbish bin. Little did he knows that it was a special edition fashion magazine featuring Tiffany.

Both of them then continue to talk about Taeyeon can get suspended and she noticed something was off with his statement. She was curious on how he can forget about simple things and decided to discuss with their friends later as it seems so fishy.

 

ON THE OTHER SIDE

Tiffany was looking around the room, didn’t know what to do. She left her phone outside and now here she is, bored and alone. She was wondering around the room when she passed by his study table. She saw a digital photo frame. It showed pictures from his early days with his friends, family picture, his graduation day, and a picture of him and… Juniel.

“What’s so special about her? You even call her name in your sleep… Ugh!” Tiffany groaned and sat back on Taeyeon’s bed. 

“But wait… why do I need to feel mad about it? Lol.” She mutters to herself.

Tiffany then remembered something. She has promised to meet her boyfriend at 4pm and it’s already 3pm currently. She cannot go out from his room since Juniel still here. Tiffany feels frustrated as she cannot contact Chul Woo to inform him about it. Suddenly she heard a ringing phone. She sure that it was hers.

 

MEANWHILE AT THE LIVING ROOM

Taeyeon still talking with Juniel about his suspension when they heard ringing phone. Taeyeon ignore the sound since it was not his ringtone, but it also not belongs to Juniel. that mean it was… Tiffany’s. He keeps his straight face to hide his panic. Seeing Taeyeon not picking up the phone, Juniel speaks up.

“Don’t you want to take the call Tae?” She asked.

Taeyeon look at her. “Huh? A-ah yeah…” he get up from his seat to find the phone. Since he didn’t know where the phone is, he just follow the sound and found it on the kitchen counter.

He read the caller’s name. “Bae.” Taeyeon already knows that it was Tiffany’s boyfriend who’s calling.

 “Bae my .” He whispers to himself and reject the call. He then put the phone on silent mode and put it back on the counter.

Taeyeon went back to his seat and get welcomed by Juniel’s smile.

“Alright where are we just now?” He asked about their last conversation.

“We’re talking about make an appeal in your case, Tae.”

“Ah that one. But the committee didn’t accept my appeal, Jun. I’ve already submit it yesterday.” Taeyeon explained.

Juniel think for a while. “How about we asked the minister to help? We can attach the petition from our unit too.” She suggested.

Taeyeon can see how Juniel really want to help him, but he doesn’t want to risk anyone or anything right now. So he shakes his head.

“Nah I don’t want to trouble the minister anymore. I might get killed by my dad if he knows.” He rejected her suggestion.

Juniel’s face turned gloomy when she hears his answer. She really wants Taeyeon back to the hospital. They just got better, but now he got suspended. Why must there be something stopped them from catching up with each other? First, they met in the middle of emergency case, then he’s drunk when they want to catch up and now this.

Taeyeon noticed her gloomy face and move closer to her. “Hey, it will be just 2 months not 2 years okay? Can’t you see I’m fine here?” He let out a wide smile while showing his glowing white teeth to her.

Seeing his smile, Juniel’s face back to normal carved a smile. “I can be happy just by seeing your smile, tell me how to forget you Tae?” Juniel said to herself.

“Now that’s the smile I want to see!” Taeyeon said after seeing her smiling.

They just want to continue when Taeyeon’s phone ringing. “Now what? ugh.” He talks to himself. He take his phone out from his pocket and answer it. While on the other side, Juniel felt strange. Wasn’t the phone in the kitchen just now? The ringtones are also different from before.

Taeyeon recognizes the number. It was from the security. They will usually called him when there were parcel or to inform any matters related his house.

“Hello.” He greets the caller.

“Hello Mr. Kim? We’re from security department.” Person on the other line introduced himself.

“Yes, is there anything for me today?”

“No Mr. Kim, but there is a man looking for your wife. You asked us to tell you if anyone was looking for your wife, right?” The security said. Taeyeon’s expression changed, and quickly get up from his seat. He remembers that there was suspicious man follows Tiffany few months ago. Since then, he asked the security to alert and informed him if anyone asking about Tiffany.

Juniel flinched when Taeyeon suddenly get up. She didn’t get say anything because he already walks away from her, like having a serious conversation.

“Is he still there?” He asked.

“Yes he still here Mr. Kim. We already asked him to wait outside the complex, but he insisted and said he was her friend.” The security explained.

Come to think of it, Taeyeon never knew any of Tiffany’s friends other than the ones he saw at their wedding, which were only 2 persons. Sensing something amiss, Taeyeon decided to come down and meet with the man.

“Alright, keep him stay. I'll be down in a few minutes. Thank you.” He ended the call and walk back to Juniel, who was playing with her fingers while waiting for him.

“Hey Jun, I’m sorry but I have to meet someone. So… um can we continue talk some other time?” He said with a sorry face.

Juniel nods and smile to him. “Yes of course Tae.” She said and get up from her seat, walking straight up to the door.

They bid goodbye and Taeyeon thanked her for visiting him. After send Juniel out, Taeyeon walk to his room.

He opens the door and revealed Tiffany was staring on the blank wall. “Oi.” He called her.

Tiffany turn to him. “Has she left?”

Taeyeon nods. “If she hasn't left, I won't call you out. Duh.” He sneered.

Didn’t bother to answer him, Tiffany just shot him with a glare and stomp out from his room. Taeyeon chuckled as he got to .

Taeyeon get ready to meet the man. He washed his face and rolled up his sleeves and make his way out from the house.

--

Taeyeon went downstairs and walked straight to the main entrance. He was greeted by 2 security guards. They then show him the man. Taeyeon really hopes that he’s really Tiffany’s friend, but unfortunately the guy isn’t the one he had in mind. He was hoping that the man is Yuri, the man he saw at his wedding, but he was welcomed with a man leaning on his car who have a dashing personality. Taeyeon knows that man. Lee Chul Woo, Tiffany’s boyfriend.

Taeyeon asked the security guard to leave because he knew the man. After the guards leave, he approached the man and greeted him.

Taeyeon cleared his throat then call his name. “Lee Chul Woo. Am I right?” Taeyeon clenched his teeth after called the name. There’s an anger rising in him when he saw Chul Woo.

The man who was leaning back took off his sunglasses. He scanned Taeyeon from head to toe. “Huh? Do I know you?”

Taeyeon smirk and held out his hand, demanding for a handshake. “Kim Taeyeon, Tiffany’s husband.” He introduced himself as Tiffany’s husband and make Chul Woo chuckled.

“Ah so you’re the replacement? Nice to meet you. I mean like, finally.” He shook Taeyeon’s hand and flinched when Taeyeon squeeze his hands a bit harder on him.

“Nice to meet me? Are you kidding me?!” Taeyeon screaming inside.

Taeyeon pretend to be sorry. “Oh I’m sorry. Did I squeeze your hand too hard? I’ve been lift patient for years, so I have kinda strong grip. Sorry!”

Chul Woo caressed his hand while reply to him. “Nah it’s okay. Didn’t know a petite man can be this strong hahaha.” He laughed. Both of them

“This son of a , I can even give him guillotine choke right now and watch him crying.” Taeyeon cursed inside.

He said before Taeyeon could shoot him with a glare. “Please, no hard feelings bro. I was just kidding.”

Taeyeon let out a bitter smile to Chul Woo. He shakes his head as a its-okay-to-mock-me sign. “Nah, chill. I’m good.”

“Great we’re cool then. Ah by the way, why are you here? I thought I asked them to call Tiff?”

“Ah she’s upstairs. I just want to see who was looking for her since the guards said it’s not someone familiar. You know, I don’t want to answer another news about her with my FATHER IN-LAW.” Taeyeon emphasized the words and hide the fact that he want to protect Tiffany.

Chul Woo nodded. “Father in-law huh? You really know how to play a game Kim Taeyeon.” His mind speaks. They both seems to be trying to fight silently through their words right now.

“I see. Sorry for the trouble we caused you. people just love us, can’t hide anywhere.” Chul Woo insincerely apologized.

Upon hearing his word, Taeyeon gave out a snort of laughter. “Did anyone ever tell you that you’re funny?”

Chul Woo was puzzled by his question. He was silent for a moment and waited for Taeyeon to finish his words.

Taeyeon took a step forward and whispered in Chul Woo’s ear. “They just want a cheap story of you to sell their news, so stop dreaming.” He then step back again while smirking.

Chul Woo’s face turned red when he heard what Taeyeon said. He couldn’t hold his anger and grab Taeyeon’s collar. “What did you say?!”

Didn’t mind being grabbed, Taeyeon just laugh because he knows he’s already hit the target. He stared right into Chul Woo’s eyes as if giving him a warning.

“Why? Are you triggered?” Taeyeon purposely provoked him.

“Listen here. You are just her replacement, got it? ing R.E.P.L.A.C.E.M.E.N.T. So act like one!” Taeyeon got pushed back and he accidentally bump into someone.

They both turned their head to see who the person is and surprised to see it was Tiffany. She read Chul Woo’s message after Juniel left and quickly get ready, don't want him to wait for too long. But when she got there, she saw 2 men were fighting. Nah scratch that, it was her boyfriend who messing with Taeyeon to be exact.

“What’s going on here?” She asked while staring at her boyfriend.

At the same time, Taeyeon get up and fixed his collar. He also brushed his pants to get rid of the dust.

“N-nothing baby, we j-just talked.” Chul Woo answer her with stutter.

“Don’t you think I saw what you did?” She questioned him.

This time, Chul Woo just walk up to Tiffany and grab her waist. He knows that Tiffany already caught his wrongdoings. “Oh come on baby, why do you have to feel sorry to him? He’s not anyone to you.”

Taeyeon feels slightly hurt when he heard what Chul Woo said. “Not anyone.” Maybe he was wrong. He shouldn’t introduce himself as Tiffany’s husband if he knew how insignificant the title was. To be honest, Taeyeon felt a bit insulted when Chul Woo insisted that he was just a meaningless replacement for Tiffany.

With slow steps, he took his steps away from there, leaving the couple. Tiffany who was aware of Taeyeon’s absence didn’t bother to talk to her boyfriend and turn around to look for Taeyeon. Chul Woo stopped her with grabbing her wrist but was pushed away.

“Tiff. Let’s go, we got a date remember?” He called her.

“I know, but I need to say something to him. Give me a second.”

“Just let him be Tiff. We’re going to be late!” Chul Woo was giving her excuse to avoid her to look for Taeyeon.

Tiffany now slightly annoyed with her boyfriend. His possessiveness is too much and it make her feel irritated. “Wait, or our date is cancel. You choose.” She shoots him with a glare.

Chul Woo was silent. He knew he couldn’t resist her. No matter what, she’s the boss. He let her go and watched his girlfriend chasing Taeyeon who had now already stepped into his apartment complex.

--

“Taeyeon! Wait!”

Taeyeon’s heavy steps stopped when his name was called. Don’t know why, but he smiled when he heard the voice. Although maybe the call was just to let him know about their date, he did not mind and were delighted to hear that voice.

“What’s wrong with me? I shouldn’t smile right now. Not after her boyfriend being a .” He mutters to himself.

He turned around to faced Tiffany. “What?”

“Um… I just want to apologize for what Chul Woo did to you.” She said while lowered her head.

Taeyeon feel mad when she’s the one apologized on behalf on her boyfriend. He noticed that Tiffany always stands up for that . “Tell him to apologize by himself. He’s not a kid that you need to stand up for.”

“It’s okay. By the way, I’m going out with him. So, bye.” Tiffany wants to take her steps away when she is stopped by Taeyeon’s words.

“Yah. Even if you hate me and our marriage, don’t choose him.” Don’t know what urge him to say that, but he just don’t have a good feeling about Chul Woo.

“And who are you to tell me that?” She questioned him.

“Me?” Taeyeon pointed at himself. Realizing himself that means nothing to her, Taeyeon no longer calls himself as her husband. “No one. I’m just his replacement.” He finished his words and walk away from her. Leaving Tiffany in silent.  

Throughout their date, Tiffany didn’t talk much and just let her boyfriend lead the conversation. She was still thinking about Taeyeon’s words. Why did he tell her to stay away from Chul Woo?

--


I'm sorry for the really really late update. I've passed beyond my own dateline. Too caught up with work and slightly became unmotivated :(  I also apologize if this is not the update you guys expected. I've tried my best to keep it short so it won't have too many chapters, but I guess I've put too much feelings while writing this story ><

xoxo

P/S: Pardon for my grammar and spelling mistakes!