Chapter 1 : DOUBLE BIG SURPRISE

ACID ft. ALKALINE [HIATUS]

Taeyeon who was just finished doing 8 hours operation get out from the operation room. He takes off his face mask and gloves. He stretch out his body. “Ugh my body hurts. I should put the patch again. Duh.” He walks out from there and let the rest continue.

While he was walking, his phone suddenly ringing. He already can guess the identity of caller. Without see it, he just pick the call. “Hello dad.?”

“Taeyeon, can you come back home tonight?”

He unlock the door of his office. “Tonight? But why?”

“There is something important I want to discuss with you.”

Throw himself on the couch, Taeyeon sighed. “Can’t we discuss it later dad? I’m busy here.” This week has been hectic weeks for him as the resident already report in. And of course emergency cases he have to handle every day. Although he was tired, but its his passion.

Chairman Kim on the other line sighed. “Taeyeon. Please.”

Massaging his temple, Taeyeon said “I’ll take a look at my schedule first. I might be on call tonight. I didn’t promise you anything Dad. Okay?”

Chairman Kim knows how his son is a workaholic and his work made him like that. They rarely meet since he always be at his second home. Hospital.

The old man has been sigh for the ninth time. “Uncle Min Soo and his daughter will come to have a dinner with us tonight. I hope you didn’t disappoint me Taeyeon. See you tonight.” The line then cut off.

“B-but dad, I…-” Taeyeon didn’t get to finish his word when his father already cut off the line. Taeyeon knows who’ll come tonight. It’s his father best friend. They became close when Taeyeon in abroad but he didn’t know much about him.

He sigh while watching his schedule for tonight. His guess was right. He’ll be on call tonight. Now how he going to the dinner? Need a 5 minutes nap, Taeyeon then thought on something. He quickly gets out from his room and went to the ward to find someone.

Few residents greet him and “Good afternoon Dr Kim.”

Taeyeon look at his wrist watch. “Ah so it’s already afternoon? I thought it was morning. So yeah, good afternoon.” He must be in the OR for a long time until he didn’t realise it. “Ah by the way, have you seen Dr Choi?” Taeyeon take the chance to ask them about the person he find right now.

Few of them shaking their head but luckily there’s one of them nods. “I saw him going to the cafeteria earlier Dr Kim.”

Listen to his answer, Taeyeon thanked him and make his way to the hospital cafeteria. How he can’t guess it? he hit his forehead. As he reach there, he scanned through the cafeteria and saw a tall man were eating sandwich with a bottle of juice. So there he is.

“Yah Choi Sooyoung!”

The tall man turn and saw Taeyeon walk towards him. He just ignoring him and keep on munching his tuna sandwich.

“Yah shikshin I was calling you. Don’t you hear me?” Taeyeon take a sit opposite him.

Sooyoung nods to him without saying anything to him. Feeling being ignored, Taeyeon then grab the sandwich from Sooyoung’s hand and keep it far from him. “Yah! Give back my sandwich!”

Taeyeon smiles as he knows it will make Sooyoung speak finally. “Now only you stop ignoring me eh?”

Sooyoung glare at him and take drink his juice. “What do you want shorty?”

Taeyeon smile sheepishly. Sooyoung truly knows him. “Just spit it out Taeng. You’ll cut off my appetite here. Come on!”

“Alright alright.” He handed the sandwich back to Sooyoung. He start to speak up after that. “I want to switch up with you, can I?”

While his mouth full with tuna, Sooyoung reply. “Switch what?”

Seeing his mouth like that, Taeyeon take the tissue and smash it on his mouth. “Yah wipe it up, it’s disgusting! You should be paediatrician not neurologist. Duh!”

Sooyoung take the tissue and wipe his mouth. “Hahaha sorry man, I’m just hungry you know.” Taeyeon thinking on what they eat for dinner. It’s a steak and Sooyoung order for himself 1 more plate. And he knows Sooyoung must take his late snacks. Shikshin always be a shikshin. “Fine whatever. Back to my question. I want to switch my shift with you. Can I?”

“You’re on call tonight right?” Taeyeon nods to his question.

“Why do you want to switch up?” Sooyoung finished his sandwich and now he’s drinking his juice.

“You know I’ve been on call in these few days. I didn’t get much rest and here I just get out after 8 hours in OR.” While he was speaking, Sooyoung observed Taeyeon’s face. He looks so tired. His eye bag going worst and his body going skinny.

Sooyoung nods upon his answer. Yes, he did hear about it too. Taeyeon can collapse if he keep being like this. Thinking on his friend’s health, Sooyoung agree to him. “Okay then, I’ll replace you Taeng.”

Hearing to his answer, Taeyeon let out a big smile and thanked Sooyoung. “Thanks Soo. I’ll make it up to you. What do you want?”

Sooyoung laugh and think of something. “Um how about Subway and coffee for my late night snacks? I’ve to be awake you know, because of on call.”

Taeyeon laugh. Well, it’s not hard. Just shove him some food and he’ll be good. That is what Choi Sooyoung. “Hahaha! Of course you can! Anything for the shikshin! I’ll ask Hyunjoo to deliver it to you then. Okay?”

“Nice one Taeng!”

Taeyeon get up and before he walk out from the cafeteria, he get himself a cup of Americano to make him stay awake as he have to drive later on. At the same time, he feels relieve as Sooyoung willing to switch up with him, or not his father might kills him.

SAME TIME AT HWANG’S HOLDINGS

A young woman walks into the office and make herself covered with snapback. Everyone knows who she is even she’s not wearing like how she used to wear before. Today, she just wears a simple outfit. A boyfriend shirt with skinny jeans also sneakers. She walks to the Chairman Hwang’s room with many eyes were on her.

Didn’t bother to knock, she just get into the room and slammed herself on the sofa. She take off the snapback from her head, reveal her grumpy face.

“Stephanie you’re here. Why don’t you knock first?” Chairman Hwang who just finished talking with his client on the phone stare at his daughter.

She sigh. “I’m sorry daddy.”

“I’m sorry I can’t think well now.”

Mr Hwang understand his daughter feelings. So he just nods. “Did the press know you’re here?”

She nods. “They’ve been following me since at home.”

The old man surprised to hear that. He also worry about her safety. He’s aware that his daughter always deal with press. But with this news coming out, the press will keep on tailing her. “Then you’ll come home with me. It will be more secure right? They’ll send your car back to home after that.” Since he got bodyguards around him so it will be more secure and they’ll not have to worry about the press anymore.

“Oh that is great idea daddy. I can’t stand them anymore. Thank you daddy.” Chairman Hwang just nods. “Stephanie tell me how can this happen? I nearly got a heart attack.”

Here we go. The heart attack questions. She sigh when think about it. “It’s happen too fast daddy. Even I didn’t feel it real.”

“What happen actually?” Chairman Hwang just got to know about it through news and his daughter just confirm the news with him without telling him anything.

Tiffany then explain to her father. “He met me last night saying that his ex-coming back to him. She claimed that she pregnant with his child. That is why he can’t go on with this wedding as he wants to be responsible towards the child.”

“He just go like that? Leaving this ceremony behind? Doesn’t he realise that there’s 2 days left? Huh! No manners!” Chairman Hwang feel Tiffany’s fiancée action is rude. He doesn’t even care to meet him and give an explanation. Instead, he just leave them with this mess.

“Now what I’m going to answer them? Tell me Stephanie.” The old man massage his temple.

He got another question in his mind, “If he only met you then how this news is leaked?”

Tiffany thinks the same too after the news released in the newspaper and TV. She didn’t notice any people following them. with this state, she can’t even remember anything well. “I don’t know that, as far as I remember there’s no one.”

Chairman Hwang sighed for the nth time today. “We’ll figure out about this later.”

Before he forget, Chairman Hwang informed his daughter about their plan for tonight. “Oh yes, since you’re going back with me, how about you just stay at home Stephanie?”

“But why? I want to meet Jess, I want to meet my friends dad. Please…”

“Not today Stephanie. We’re going to have dinner at Chairman Kim’s house tonight.”

She did remember of going to his house few times before this after being invited to a dinner. But it was a business dinner, so she hope that it will not be bored anymore. “Uncle Tae Joon?”

He just nods to his daughter.

“Daddy we’ve a big problem here while you want us to go there for a dinner? Like seriously?” Tiffany seems unbelievable with her father’s action.

“We’re going to solve your problem there. Tell me, will your problem solved if you go and meet your friends? What can they do for you?” Her father bombed her back with questions. He was right, they maybe will just enjoy the night and didn’t solve anything.

Tiffany just agree with him and both of them went back home after that. And with the help from Chairman Hwang bodyguards, they managed to escape.

 

AT KIM’S MANSION

Taeyeon arrive at his home and welcomed by the maids. He saw that the preparation being done by kitchen helper and they were so busy there. He feels really tired. Right now, he just see his room and the bed of course. He just wants to at least take a nap before the guests arrive. Just when he wants to going up to his room, a woman stopped him.

“Oh Taeyeon, you just got home?”

He turn and saw a middle aged woman smile at him. It’s his aunty.

“Yes I am. What are you doing here Aunty Hana?” He surprise to see her since she doesn’t live there.

“Your dad asked me to come and join the dinner. That’s why I come early to give them a hand.” She gives him a brief explanation.

Taeyeon nod to her. “Ah so that’s why. Okay then. I’ll go to my room first then. If there anything, you can find me there.”

Giving him her motherly smile, Aunty Hana nods to him. She saw his skinny body and pale face. “You’ve working hard Taeyeon. Your mother must be proud of you.” Everytime she look at Taeyeon she must think of her late sister in-law. That is how she will look like after working for hours saving people’s life.

Taeyeon continue his step to his room but again she stopped him.

“Taeyeon?”

He turn back to her again. “Yes Aunty Hana. Anything?”

“You’ve done your best. Get enough rest okay?”

Taeyeon nods and give out a smile to her. That is the word his aunt always says to him. “You’ve done your best.” Since his mom died, she’s the one be his spirit booster. In easy words, she’s the one that Taeyeon always lean on.

Taeyeon smashed himself on the bed as soon as he enters his room. He can feel the comfy of his mattress instead of his couch in his office at the hospital. Now his back bones can be moved in correct way. He can hear a crack sound from his body. Few minutes watching the ceiling, Taeyeon finally drift away without even bother to change his shirt.

 

 

THAT NIGHT

Taeyeon awake by sudden knock on his door. He still half asleep when he got informed that the guest is on their way. He was asked to get ready and wear something else other than t shirt. Taeyeon there must something else that his father wants to do other than just have a dinner. He wouldn’t ask Aunty Hana to join unless it was important and about family things.

He stretch put his body and once again he heard the cracks sound. Whoa, his body really needs a plenty of rest. With lazy legs, he dragged himself to the bathroom.

--

Few minutes after that, Chairman Hwang and Tiffany arrive at the Kim’s mansion. They were welcomed by Taeyeon’s aunty and of course Chairman Kim himself. They were brought to the living room while wait for the foods to be ready. While they were talking, Chairman Kim was wondering where is Taeyeon as he knows his son already at home since evening.

“Hana, where is Taeyeon?” Chairman Kim half whisper to his sister.

“Maybe he still in his room. I’ll go to check on him.”

With that, Aunty Hana excuse herself and went to Taeyeon’s room.

When she reach there, Taeyeon already done and he just close the door.

“Oh hey Aunty Hana. Am I late? I’m sorry I don’t know what outfit should I wear.”

She shakes her head and smile at him. “No you’re not Taeyeon. You look good though. Come on, they’ve arrive.”

Taeyeon follows her footsteps down to the stairs. While they were walking, Taeyeon ask her “Who is this uncle Min Soo close with dad? I never heard his name before.”

“Yes they are. They become close when you’re in abroad Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon just keep quiet and follow her steps silently to the living room. Taeyeon the saw an old man were talking with his father and there’s a woman who was looking at her phone. She totally look uninterested with their conversation.

--

“Ah here they are. Taeyeon, come here.” Aunty Hana let Taeyeon to walks first as he was called by his father. She then take a seat opposite the guest while Taeyeon was beside his father.

Chairman Kim introduce Taeyeon to the guest. “Taeyeon, meet Mr Hwang Min Soo. He’s the chairman of Hwang Corporation. I bet you know what company is that right?”

Taeyeon smile and nods to his father. He reach out his hand for a handshake with Chairman Hwang. “Hello Mr Hwang. I’m Kim Taeyeon.” Well of course he know it as it was one of the biggest company in South Korea.

Looking at his friendly attitude, Chairman Hwang smile brightly. “Hello Taeyeon, I’m glad to meet you tonight. This is my daughter, Stephanie.” He saw how neat and smart Taeyeon who was in polo shirt. While they were getting know each other, Tiffany still looking at her phone until she heard her Korean name being called by her father.

“Miyoung.”

She quickly apologize and accept Taeyeon’s handshake. “I’m sorry. I’m Stephanie Hwang. You can just call me Tiffany.” she then let out a bitter smile and same goes to Taeyeon.

--

They continue to have dinner while the 3 elders having business talk. Taeyeon and Tiffany remain silent and keep eating their food. There is sometimes Chairman Hwang will ask about Taeyeon’s profession. His question made Tiffany knows that Taeyeon is a neurologist at Seoul Centre Hospital. Same goes to Taeyeon. He just got to knows that that woman is a well-known model under her father’s company. Well, yeah he’s too busy with his work until didn’t know about it.

Finish eating, they sit back at the living room. Chairman start to speak.

“Tae Joon, you said you’ve a way to help me. What is it?” With his question, Tiffany stop playing her phone and start to paying attention on it.

Chairman Kim smile and nods to him. It’s time. He then clear his throat and start to speak.

“As a good friend of you, I’ve been thinking on helping you in solving the problem. I know it will be a big shame for you if this ceremony being cancel.” He doesn’t know whether this is a good way or not. On the other hand, Chairman Hwang nod as the sign of agreement to his statement.

“I was thinking on how about we just ask my son to be the groom?”

Taeyeon who was taking a sip of juice was surprised and choke. “WHAT?!”

Taeyeon is not aware about this and even his aunt was surprise with Chairman Kim sudden suggestion.

“Dad you can’t do this. NO WAY.” Taeyeon said. He still keeps his voice low as he didn’t want to be rude in front of the elders. While Aunty Hana keep on calming Taeyeon by his back.

Not to forget Chairman Hwang and his daughter. “Min Soo, are you sure?”

Tiffany tapped her father shoulder, wants to know what is happening. But he ask her to be patient.

Chairman Kim nods to him. He truly sure about his decision. But for Taeyeon, he can’t take it so he just get his way out from there and went to the reading room. Just when Aunty Hana want to follow Taeyeon’s back, Chairman Kim stopped her. “Let him be Hana.”

“Are you sure Tae Joon? What about your son, Taeyeon?”

“I’ll talk to him.” With that, Chairman Kim and Aunty Hana went to reading room. With they leave the guest for a while, let they can discuss between both of them.

--

MEANWHILE IN READING ROOM

Taeyeon feel frustrated with his father decision. He just got home and suddenly got this kind shock that he don’t even know!

“Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon recognized that voice. It was his dad. He didn’t bother to reply him and just look around him.

“Taeyeon listen…-”

“What is this dad? Why did you just do the decision without asking me? For God sake I don’t even know her! How can you want me to marry her? And I don’t even want to get married for now! You just want me to be the replacement? Is that it? What am I here dad?” Taeyeon cut his father off and keep bombing him with questions.

“Taeyeon… listen to your father explanation first. Can you?” Aunty Hana tries to calm him down. Taeyeon knows that he’ll lose with what his aunt said. For him, Aunty Hana just like his mother.

Chairman Kim starts to speak. “I know son, I know you mad at me. It was sudden and of course it will surprise you. I already know this thing will happen. But I have a reason for doing this. It’s all because of a doubted feeling.”

“What feeling?”

“If only Chairman Hwang didn’t help our company in advertising our product to increase our marketing, I don’t know what will happen to our company. Our stock increased and everything became normal again after Tiffany became our product ambassador.” Taeyeon aware about that girl but he never knows that his father have that problem before. Everyone know Tiffany’s popularity as a model and also her father company reputation as an advertisement company. It worth to said that both of them are helping Taeyeon’s father company.

Taeyeon sigh. He now stuck between his father doubted feeling and his own feeling. On the other side, Tiffany also having the same situation with her father.

Silent for a few minutes, Taeyeon finally speak up. “I’ve made a decision.” He then get out from the room where Tiffany and her father still talking about the same thing.

--

Taeyeon take a seat opposite Tiffany, but his eyes were pointed at his father and Chairman Hwang.

Taeyeon clear his throat. “I agree to marry your daughter Mr Hwang.”

All of them surprised and widen their eyes. Chairman Hwang were out of words. He totally surprise with his decision. This marriage can be saved. “Thank you Taeyeon, thank you so much.” He then hug Taeyeon.

Tiffany on the other side just can be silent as she knows how bad it can be if she stop this marriage. What she can do is just agree with it. The elders than talk among themselves and let Taeyeon and Tiffany be alone.

Tiffany makes her first move by speak up. “Yah don’t think I agree of this marriage. I just quiet because of my dad and of course I want to keep my reputation clean.” She stand up and flip her hair.

“Well excuse me, do you think I want this either? I’m helping you here so please mind your words.”

Tiffany glare at him and look at other place. Feeling annoyed.

Taeyeon also getting annoyed with her. He’s being eyed her since she arrived and this girl got no manners at all. He just make sure to keep his patient up because the elders were here.

Crossing his leg, Taeyeon mumble by himself. “Just go out there and find any man willing to marry a girl like you. Stupid, no manners. Heh.”

Tiffany heard him. “WHAT DID YOU JUST SAID?!”

“What? You turn to be freaking crazy woman now? Hahaha!” He laugh and shaking his head.

Just when she want to reply him, the elders came back. Taeyeon smirk as he knows she can’t say anything more. They then bid a goodbye. Before Tiffany went into the car, she heard Taeyeon said something.

“See you on the wedding day Tiffany! Bye good night!” he waves at her. Smiling brightly as he purposely do it to show the others.

Tiffany really want to glare at him right now but she knows there were many pair of eyes were looking at her now. So all she can do is just smile and wave her hand back at him. If that hand waves can turn into fire, Taeyeon should be burnt right now.

Tiffany massage her temple. Many things happen, made her head hurt. First, her fiancée cancel their wedding. And now, she has to marry a man that she doesn’t even know. Worse than that, he’s annoying! What a double big surprise she got.

 


 So hi guys kekeke~ its me again *wave hands

I didn't get to write a sequel about TIHM yet, but who knows it will get to pop out soon? Let's wait okay? So please enjoy my new story and do comments as always! 

xoxo