Chapter 19: START AGAIN

ACID ft. ALKALINE [HIATUS]

THE NEXT MORNING

Tiffany opened her eyes as sunlight streamed in through the window. She felt strange, like she’s not laying on her comfy pillow. Tiffany glanced to the end of the bed, noticed another pair of human legs next to her, and her sight instinctively shifted upwards. She was taken aback when she saw Taeyeon sleeping in a sitting position next to her. That man had let her sleep on his lap all night.

She studied Taeyeon’s face who was sleeping soundly, recalling his words from last night. Taeyeon is correct in that she cannot rely on Chul Woo. That man was uninterested in her or their relationship.

On the other side, Taeyeon was also awake when he felt something on his hand. Tiffany was still laying on his lap, playing with... his fingers. He didn’t see it wrong, isn’t? Tiffany held his hand which before she had never touch it.

A smile etched on Taeyeon’s lips as he saw Tiffany’s action. He hopes she would accept him like what he did for their marriage.

“Hey.” Taeyeon calls her.

Tiffany shifted her gaze to the voice. She responded to his call with a smile while touching his wedding ring.

“How do you feel today? Better?” He asked.

Tiffany again flashed her smile and thanked him. “Better than yesterday. Thanks to you.” She didn’t let go of Taeyeon’s hand as she speaks.

He nodded contentedly, feeling happy. He got two reasons of feeling happy. One, she’s getting emotionally okay. Second, the fact that she’s holding his hand. “Wait. Why do I feel so happy about it?” He means for the second reason.

“You got a beautiful hands Tae.” She praised him out of nowhere and that’s totally make Taeyeon surprised to hear.

“Huh? W-what?” Taeyeon was taken aback by the unexpected compliment and was unsure how to respond. He was still surprised by the sight of this woman calmly holding his hand, which was now accompanied by her compliments. Is this kind of a test for him or what?

Tiffany sure Taeyeon can hear her clearly as their position is so close. So that man probably flustered with her sudden statement. “I said you have a very beautiful nails and fingers Tae.”

He acted calm and asked her back. “Do I?” of course he aware about the beauty of his fingers as he’s been taking care of it since years ago.

She nods and answer him “Yes and I can say that I’m impressed on how well you care about it.”

Taeyeon brushed his nape and smile sheepishly as he never thought there is someone who noticed his efforts. “Thank you for your compliments Fany.” Taeyeon saw something different Tiffany this morning. The woman smiled brightly at him and appeared happier than before. Not to mention how easily she held his hand, like if it were second nature to her. And the compliments? It’s totally something new to him.

Tiffany then came to a sudden realization. She lifted her head from Taeyeon’s lap. “Oh my goodness! I’ve spent the entire night on your lap. Your spine must be aching.”

She still remembers that Taeyeon too have back bone problem. He must suffer a lot because of her. She quickly gets up from his lap and sit beside him. “You should’ve just wake me up. Because of me, you can’t sleep properly, I’m sorry Tae.” She apologized.

Taeyeon look at Tiffany. There was guilt written all over her face. She hangs her head low as she felt guilty for bothering him constantly.

Taeyeon laughed at her antics and drew his face closer to the woman. “I didn’t wake you up on purpose because you were sound asleep. So there’s no need for you to feel bad about it, okay?” He put her chin up so he could see her face clearly again.

“But your back… It’s-” Tiffany couldn’t get to finish her word as he stopped her.

“It’s okay. I have sleep in much worst position than this. Plus, I have plenty of time to sleep more. I’m jobless now, remember?” He joked and got up from the bed, walking towards the wide window.

Taeyeon is now standing in front of the glass panel, admiring the scenery from the top of his house. The sky was clear, and the sun was shining brightly. He had no idea how magnificent the view from his house had been all these times. The reason is because he barely had time to rest properly. Normally at this time, he will either be stuck in traffic or have just gotten home from his night shift.

On the other side, Tiffany was looking at Taeyeon’s back. Despite the fact that she had a horrible event yesterday, she is calm today. Don’t know whether it was magical or a dream, but she felt peaceful without need to be worrying about Chul woo.

She gets up and walks towards Taeyeon, joining him in looking at the view.

“Great view huh?” She asked.

Taeyeon nodded. “Yeah. And I just feel so stupid for not realizing this before.”

She felt so at ease that she thought she was somewhere else. Although it may sound excessive, that is how she feels right now. “Can I borrow your shoulder again Taeyeon?”

He turned to her. “Of course. No need to ask, Fany.”

Tiffany smiled as she rested her head on Taeyeon’s right shoulder. They both look at the outside and Taeyeon take a glance at Tiffany. She’s smiling and seems to enjoy the view. But something looks off. It’s their position.

“You know what, I think it will be much better if we do like this.” He said while wrap his hand around Tiffany’s shoulder. In this way, she can rest her head more comfortably.

Tiffany didn’t reject his action and continue to look at the view until she thought on speak up.

“Um… I’ve been thinking about what we talked last night Tae.” Says Tiffany while still staring at the outside of the window.

He thought for a moment to recall their talk from last night. “Hm? We talked a lot last night. Which one?” There’s a lot of it and he can’t think of anything.

“About me and Chul Woo.”

Taeyeon let out a heavy sigh. Why did the man’s name have to come up while they were alone? “Ah… I remember that one.” He answers her while unwrap his hand from her shoulder and put it back in his pocket. For once he forgot that they’re only pretending, and this marriage is only based on papers. “You should control yourself Taeng. She’s not into you.”

Tiffany is aware of Taeyeon’s discomfort as that man already let go of his arm that was wrap around her shoulder earlier. “I will only mention it once for all. Let’s finish this thing quickly Tiffany.” She then brings her head up and clear up . “I’ll give us a go.” There you go. Tiffany’s short and clear confession. But is it clear enough for Taeyeon to understand since his face expression says the opposite?

Taeyeon sigh. “If you’re sure you can be happy with him, go ahead Tiffany. He must be blessed to have you, who faithfully strives to defend it all.” He said in a lower tone, nearly to whispering. But it was not slow enough for Tiffany not to listen to it clearly.

She hit her forehead in disbelief. “Seems like it will not end as quick as I thought.”

“Oh my God, did you or did you not hear what I said Tae?”

He answers her with her a weak tone. “Of course I heard you Fany. You want to give it a go. You and Chul Woo.” And he got slap on his shoulder right after he finished his words.

Taeyeon flinched and wincing in pain. “Ouch! what was that for?”

Tiffany folds her arms after giving him a slap. “That was for not listening to me. I said I’ll give US a go. US!” she repeats her words earlier and emphasize the ‘us’ word.

Taeyeon who was still rubbing his aching shoulder getting impatient with Tiffany. Why does she even repeat the same thing? “That’s literally the same thing I heard you said Fany! You want to give us a go! See? It’s the same thing!” He half scream and Tiffany shaking her head.

But then, he realizes something. “Eh wait. Us? Did I hear it wrong?”

Tiffany let out a sigh of relief. “Finally, you’re back to your sense. And you didn’t hear it wrong Tae, I’ll try to open up to you. If you want, we can work this thing together.” She explained.

Taeyeon was stunned while hearing to her words. “She is confessing to me didn’t she? I’m not dreaming am I?”

“Correct me if I’m wrong, but you said you want to take this marriage seriously and you want us to try?” says Taeyeon.

Tiffany nods. “Yes. But if you have someone else, we can just stop this marriage. I’ve been pulling you into this mess since earlier and-…” Taeyeon cut her off before she gets to finish her words. “What? No, that’s not the case Fany. What I mean is, are you really sure you want to us to try? How about the contract? Those rules?” he meant for the contract they signed few weeks ago.

Of course she has already predicted his reactions. There must be a lot of questions in his mind like why now, why suddenly she did this, etc. It was agreeable. She would think a lot too if she was in his situation.

Tiffany takes a deep breath. “Aren’t rules were made to be broken? Look, what’s more important now is not the rules or the contract Tae. What I want to know is, are you willing to try together with me? If you want to know my answer, my answer is yes I’m sure and I wanted to give this marriage a try.”

Tiffany is not pushing him, she just trying to make him understand that she’s really mean it about what she says earlier.

It’s not that Taeyeon isn’t certain about her words, he just afraid. Afraid that she just did this only to vent her rage at Chul Woo. He didn’t want to jeopardize his marriage nor his heart.

He look at Tiffany in her eyes then down to her hands. He reaches to her hand and tries to collect as much courage as he can. “Fany, I have something to say.” He stopped for a while before continue to talk more.

“Actually, I… I like you. Don’t ask me why, when, or how because I have no idea. You’ve made it clear for me not to fall in love with you before, so I tried to get rid of that feeling, but I failed.” He confessed.

He then continues to talk, “But now you’ve broke the rules, I feel afraid. I’m afraid you just use me as a rebound.” Taeyeon voiced concerns that bothered him.

Taeyeon lowered his head while still holding her hand. He never expressed his emotions so sincerely and openly before. The feeling he felt now was far different from when he was with Juniel.

Seeing Taeyeon has stopped talking and now hanging his head low, Tiffany rubs her thumb on the back of his hand. “Hey, it’s okay to let out something that bothered you and plus, it was acceptable. I’ll thought of the same thing too if I was you.” she smiled. She silently thanked Taeyeon for telling her his feelings. Just with Taeyeon being clear about how he felt makes her happy. Through this, they can sort everything out together as an adult. Nobody will be hurt, and nobody will be misunderstood.

She then continues to speak while staring into his eyes, hoping that he will feels her sincerity. “You were right. I made the rules, but I forgot that feelings change as do as people. It fluctuates. I made those ridiculous contract and rules to deny my feelings towards you. I tried to get back with Chul Woo to get rid the feeling, but it was useless. What I get was just hurt and pain.” She admits.

This is the first time they had a talk like this. Taeyeon on the other side being like his usual self, listen to every of her words intently.

“Until last night, you had convinced me that I should not have stayed in that toxic relationship. You also helped me understand that I need to escape from his shadows in order to find my light. And now I want to keep moving forward and walk out from this dysfunctional relationship and find my true happiness.” Tiffany’s eyes were watery around the edges. A few drops of tears fell on her cheeks as she talked about her relationship with Chul Woo. She was so obsessed chasing of something uncertain that she failed to notice the reality.

Taeyeon also felt sad when he saw his wife crying. That woman has been put through in a number of tough times in her life. She deserves to be happy. And even if it wasn’t Taeyeon, he hoped someone would be able to make her happy.

He wiped the tears on Tiffany’s cheeks and then pulled her into his arms. Tiffany too, on the other hand, did not push him away and continued to hug him tightly. She felt safe in her husband’s arms, as she always did.

Taeyeon understood what she wanted to convey. They stay in that position for a few minutes more while accompanied by the bright view. Tiffany can hear to Taeyeon’s heartbeat, and he can smell her sweet fragrance. Arms open wide, those gentle squeeze and feelings of each other’s warmth is like a warm blanket wrapped around a person during cold days.

“Do you want to know what’s the reason I trust you Tae?”  she asked between their hugs.

Taeyeon then says, “Of course!”

“Because you always there. With or without you know.” Tiffany let go of the hug and turned her body towards the large window while resting her head on Taeyeon’s chest.

He let out a warm smile. That is something he need to agree with. “Hm… couldn’t agree more though. But do you know why I always there?” It’s now Taeyeon’s turn to ask her.

Tiffany shakes her head. “No, is there any particular reason for it?”

“What are you talking about? Of course it does.” He answers her calmly.

She was shocked by his answer and turned her body facing him. “Really? What is it?” her eyes sparkled, showing her eagerness to know.

He gives her a sly smile and winked before turn her body back to facing the view. Taeyeon then back hugged her and whisper next to her ear, “Because you’re my wife.” He kissed the back of her head and walk out from the room, leaving Tiffany blushing over his words. She was stunned for a moment and never thought they would initiate the same feelings for each other.

Tiffany knows that they were not in a position to say that they love each other yet but as long as the feelings were there, it’s more than enough. This time, she wouldn’t rush for love. Let the love finds it soulmate instead.

--

Realizing she had been left alone, Tiffany followed Taeyeon who was now already out from her room. “Where are you going?”

“Making breakfast for us!” he shouted from the kitchen. They haven’t eaten anything since yesterday. Tiffany just drank the apple juice that Taeyeon had brought for her last night, and Taeyeon himself didn’t eat anything because he was accompanying Tiffany all night.

Taeyeon is searching for something to cook in his fridge, while Tiffany is looking at him from behind. It was so different to see Taeyeon looks so casual and carefree at home. With his profession, he always in his formal attire and tired face.

“What are going to cook Tae?” she asked.

Taeyeon stands in front of the kitchen cabinet, scanning every each of it. It takes few moments before he answers her. “What the… not even an instant noodle? Jeez when was the last time I bought groceries? Duh!” he groaned silently.

“Hm… there’s nothing much left. I couldn’t find any bread or cereal. We only got this.” He takes out a few foods container that contain balance of side dishes from the fridge and showed it to her.

Tiffany gives her answer automatically. “That is good too. We can make bibimbap. But please say you still have some instant rice Tae.”

He quickly search through the cabinet and found the instant rice. But his face didn’t look so good. “Good news Fany, we have the instant rice. But the bad news is, we only got one of it.” he put the package on the kitchen counter and think of other way. “Want to get food delivery?” he suggested.

Tiffany shakes her head. “It’s going to be long.”

“Then how about we go out?” Taeyeon suggested other ways.

She shakes her head again. She’s not in her mood to go out at this early morning. “I got better idea. How about we just share the food?”

Tiffany’s answer made Taeyeon confuse for a moment. Was he misheard, or did she really suggest them to share the food? Looks like he need to adapt with Tiffany being so bold with her words and action today.

“Are you sure?” he’s asking for a confirmation.

She nods and answer him naturally “Yeah why not?”

“Hh-huh? A-ani, just asking. Hehe.” He shyly brushes his nape then proceed to preparing the food.

---

While the couple is experiencing their joyful day for the first time, someone appears to be passing up an opportunity.

Last night did not end the way he had planned. Everything fell apart because of his anger. But still, he places the blame squarely: on others. His sleep was disturbed, his mind keeps on racing about what has he done. He always blames fate, which is always stacked against him.

While standing, he fixed his gaze on a woman, who was sleeping soundly on the right side of his bed. Deep down, he really hated the woman. Why? Why does she need to ruin everything? She was at the wrong place and at the wrong time. She shouldn’t have reappeared again in his life.

His contemplation then came to an end as the sound of a child’s cries pricked his ears. He has lost his calm morning since the kid came into his life. Didn’t care about calming the kid down; instead, he woke the woman up by tapping her leg.

“Yah. The baby is crying.”

His touch woke the woman out of her sleep. She didn’t seem to be able to open her eyes since she was so sleepy. Being a mother is, indeed, a difficult task.

“Can you help me babe? You know Yohan has been throwing tantrum all night and I don’t get enough sleep.” She explained while her eyes still closing.

“No. I’m tired too.” He answered her flatly.

“Babe please… I just asking you for this once. I’m too tired to even get up.” She pleaded.

“Why bother having a child if you can’t even take care of him? Now go deal with your own son. I don’t care.” He glared at her arrogantly, not even bother to help her.

The woman felt offended by Chul Woo’s words. She knows that the guy had hated their son’s existence ever since he knew about it. She also knows that the man married her under duress due to her parents’ insistence. “But he’s your son too Chul Woo!” She yelled.

The sound of the boy’s cries eventually became thunderously loud. The pressure finally made Chul Woo finally unleashed his anger as he became irritated of the noise.

The expression on his face said it all: he didn’t care about the child.

But he didn’t wait any seconds to answer her. “I never said I wanted a child!” He burst out. “I’ve already told you that we can’t, and we won’t be together. The baby, I’ve asked you to abort it. But what did you do instead? You lied to me Aera! You completely wrecked my life! You ruined everything!” He snapped at the woman and vented his anger by punching his hand in the wall. Now his stare looking so sharp that it might shoot lasers out from it.

PANG!

A slap landed on his right cheek. Aera can’t take it anymore. She felt like her heart being sliced with his words. For a moment, she regretted loving the man in front of her right now.

“You can’t just ask me to kill our baby Chul Woo! It’s a freaking baby! A living creature! Are you that insane?!” She snapped back at him.

“Yes I’m insane and that’s because of you!” he pointed his finger right in front of her face.

“Fine! I’m sorry for ruining everything for you! Put all the blame on me! Happy?!”

Chul Woo step close to her and says, “I’ll never be happy until you and your son get out from my life!” he yelled in front of her face then walk out from their room, leaving Aera alone. She then heard the sound of a door slamming, indicating her husband had left the house.

She cupped her face and tears started to stream down on her face. Is it wrong for her to fell in love him? Is it wrong for her to feel more than just his night companion? Those questions keep on popping up in her mind and keep roaming around. It’s true they met in a wrong place and at the wrong time, but she sure for one thing. That fate never goes wrong.

Aera is just like other woman too, who wants to love and to be loved. The first time she met Chul Woo, she felt sparks in her heart. It’s never her intention to ruined someone’s relationship, she knows how is it felt to be betrayed and hurt. But being with him almost every night made her finally drifted into his world. His sweet talks and gestures, his decent looks, the way he’d pour tons of sugar on you will surely made you feel above the cloud. If she could describe what he’s like, it would be like a little sly sneaky snake who weasel their way into your heart and then rip it open from the inside.

She realized that she’s going to far deep in his game when she willingly gives him her sacred ity without knowing that is his solely target from the start. But even after that, she still put a hope with his words and promises.

So what about Tiffany? Does she ever think about her feelings for once? Of course she does. Many times in fact. Guilt, shame, and rue, she felt all that. But how can she back off now? She is bound with him through their ual relationship. When she found out that she was pregnant with Chul Woo’s child, that’s where she knew they’d be stay connected with or without getting married. And the feeling of not wanting to lose started to be developed in her hence one of the reasons why she’s not aborting the baby.

Aera knows they both love Chul Woo, they both dreamt to live their life with him, and they both were pulled into his world. But there is one thing that makes them different. Aera doesn’t have  something that Tiffany has to keep Chul Woo by her side. Just having baby together doesn’t seem to be enough. Although she is already getting Chul Woo physically, but she never had him emotionally. To him, Aera is still just like every other woman he used to spend the night with. They are only differentiated by a statement on a piece of paper.

And this is how their everyday goes. Chul Woo being entirely ignorant of her and their son’s existence. He’d go out all day with Tiffany or hanging out with his friends and would only come home after midnight. Yes, Aera is aware of their relationship. She knows everything. She knows that Chul Woo still chased Tiffany and she knows he won’t stop.

Aera knew she needed to be strong for her son. She wiped away the tears and by gathering the remaining energy she had after spending a few minutes crying, Aera walked towards her son’s room. The too baby had stopped crying, possibly because he sensed his mother’s pain and did not want to add more to it.

“I’m sorry baby for letting you listen to all of this. Daddy never meant what he said. He… loves you unconditionally like I do.” Says Aera while held her baby and kissed his forehead gently.

---

TAEYEON’S HOUSE

After breakfast, Taeyeon and Tiffany rested for a while watching Netflix in the living room before going out to buy groceries. Tiffany could sense the awkward tension between them as they sat next to one other. They did, however, converse for quite some time earlier throughout the meal. She got to know few things about Taeyeon’s likings, and vice versa.

Few minutes of both of stay in silence, Tiffany knows she needed to do something. She then adjusted her position closer to Taeyeon and asked, “Are we okay Tae?”

Taeyeon who was busy watching the Money Heist series on the TV screen turned his head towards Tiffany. “What do you mean are we okay or not?”

“Don’t you notice this awkward atmosphere? We just stay silent after the meal. Like nothing happen.” She expresses her concerns.

Taeyeon smile after hearing her words. He saw the frustration through her face. So he switch off the TV and facing her. “Huh? We’re okay Fany. I don’t feel any awkward atmosphere between us. What made you think like that?”

Tiffany was genuinely worried. Taeyeon didn’t say anything about it. All of their confessions seemed to come to a halt there. Taeyeon has yet to respond to her question about whether he wants to stay or end their marriage.

Yes, both of them have expressed their feelings. But she still wants a firm response from him. Like Taeyeon earlier, she also has her worries. What if Taeyeon simply confessed his feelings to relieve the strain on his chest? What if he doesn’t even believe what her words?

On the other side, Taeyeon seemed to know what was playing in Tiffany’s mind. “Are you waiting for my answer for our conversation earlier?” he said, cupping her cheek.

She released Taeyeon’s hand from her cheek and nodded weakly. But then she gets a pinch on her nose.

“Ouch!” she glares at Taeyeon, but that man just laughs at her. Come on, it’s not a hard pinch.

“Before you ask, that’s for being so slow in catching up Fany.” Taeyeon then shaking his head. Maybe this is how she felt when he can’t catch up her meaning earlier.

“And what did I even missed?” she half shouted.

Taeyeon laugh upon her reaction. “Don’t you get it? I’ve told you about my feelings Fany, so there’s no way I wouldn’t stay in our marriage. I wouldn’t open up if it meant nothing. It’s like embarrassing myself you know.”

He then speaks again “Plus, how I can leave after knowing that a famous supermodel likes me too?” he smirked and earned a soft slap on his shoulder.

Tiffany can feel her whole face getting hot. She fanned herself using her palms and mouthed, “You crazy.”

“Yeah crazy about you!” He then run to his room, leaving her alone smiling sheepishly. Why does this guy like to leave people alone duh.

But this time she won’t stay alone. “YAH!” she chased him but Taeyeon have waited in front of his room and managed to catch her. “Gotcha!” he said while hugging her waist at the same time. That spontaneous action has sent shivers to both of them as they never be in such position.

Now they felt the real awkward atmosphere. Taeyeon let go of his hug and Tiffany quickly change the topic. “I-I think ww-we better go get ready…” she stutters.

“Yy-yeah you’re rr-right.” He agrees with her and both them then vanish into their room.

--

Taeyeon get out from his room after spending less than 30 minutes getting ready and wait for Tiffany at the living room. He is checking his phone and surprised to see his group chat was getting bombed by Sooyoung spamming meme and Yoona replied to it with tons of silly GIF. The both crackheads then stopped after Sunny roaring in text and complaining about she couldn’t focus in working as her phone keep on ringing. Taeyeon do understand as they couldn’t simply let their phone in silent because they might get paged in anytime and anywhere.

Taeyeon managed to respond to some texts on his messaging app before he saw Tiffany frantically coming out from her room.

“Are you being chased or what?” he asked.

Tiffany brushed her messy hair with her finger while answering to his question. “Yeah I was chased by your timing.” she joked while remembering the thing he did before.

“My timing? What do you mean?”

“I guess you forgot about it. The last time we went to buy groceries together, you pull out some kind of pranks on me. Remember?” she reminded her.

Taeyeon thought for a few moments and quickly remember it. He then laughs and explain it. “Hahaha I remember that one. Ani, it’s because you take a lot of time to get ready and I couldn’t help it to tease you. Plus it’s the only way to drag you out from the house. I don’t want to leave you alone after knowing there’s some creepy guys out there looking for you.”

“Awh Tae. I feel touched of what you’re trying to do but it still mean!” she pretend to be sulking and fold her arms.

He finds that Tiffany can be cute for some time. “I know I know. I promise I’ll not do it again Fany. I waited for you this time, see?” he defends himself.

Before she got to say anything, Taeyeon grabbed her hands and walk out from the house.

--

While they hit the road, Tiffany just noticed that Taeyeon looked very stylish even though he was only wearing a black t-shirt and black skinny pants matched with a black baseball cap. Black really suits him and it’s like the colour was meant for him. As a model, she can say that Taeyeon knows how to dress himself and he knows his charm point.

Taeyeon on the other side was thinking on changing his plan. They’ll not getting groceries and going to somewhere else instead. He then changed the lane and take a next exit.

“Which supermarket are we going Tae? Doesn’t it look like we’re going quite far?” she asked after realize that they are not going to their normal direction.

He let out a warm smile and answer her. “We’re not going to supermarket Fany. I have thought about it and I feel it was a stupid idea to go get groceries together on our first date. So I decided to change the plan a bit.”

She look at him and asked. “A ww-what?”

“You didn’t hear it wrong Fany. I said a date. Our date. It’s not wrong for me to consider it as date right?” he asked while his yes still stick on the road. It’s now Taeyeon’s turn to be bold.

“Hh-huh? Nn-no I never said th-that.”

Taeyeon chuckle with her cute antics and keep driving. Throughout the drive, they were having some small talks about their interest and enjoy listening to music together. This time, he let Tiffany control the music and that girl seems to happy about it.

--

30 minutes of driving, the car finally stopped at a parking lot. Since it was unplanned date, Taeyeon couldn’t think of anything fancy. He thought on taking her on dinner, but it was too early for it. So he was thinking on taking her to somewhere simple.

Tiffany look around and recognized the place instantly. “A park?”

“Yes. I’m sorry if it was not like what y-” he got cut off by Tiffany “That’s not what I mean Tae. This is absolutely great, I never get to go to the park that much even though I live near to it.”  says her.

This is actually what she wants. Just a normal and simple date is enough. No need fancy events nor elite parties.

Taeyeon let out a wide smile after listen to her words. They both decided to put on a mask and Tiffany wear glasses as an additional coverage, so people won’t recognize her. Luckily there were not many people since it is a working day. Taeyeon get to hold Tiffany’s hand after gathering as many courage as he can and walks towards the park.

Their hands fit together like a mold and Taeyeon can feel her soft skin in his hand. Tiffany too didn’t deny the fact that she likes how Taeyeon smoothly took charge of the relationship.

Few minutes of walking, they finally found a suitable space and quite far from people. Taeyeon spread a blanket on the grass and let Tiffany sits on it first. Fortunately he got extra blanket in his car and can be use at time like this. Who would have thought that the blanket that he had only used to sleep at work now had other uses. What a fascinating fact.

“Wait here for a while kay? I’ll go and buy something.” Not risking the chances of people recognizes her, Taeyeon asked Tiffany to stay seated.

She didn’t object and wait for him while enjoying the wind and looking at people around her. While waiting, her phone vibrates indicating that someone called her, and Tiffany automatically sighed when she saw the caller. It was Chul Woo obviously. She’s totally forgot about that guy and now he appears again to ruin the moment. This time she’ll not giving any chance to him. She’s been rejecting his calls and as expected, he didn’t give up and flooded her with tons of text messages which finally make Tiffany irritated and switch off her phone.

Taeyeon, who had back from buying snacks, saw Tiffany’s glum look from a distance.

“Hey what’s wrong? Something happen?” he asked as he take a seat next to her.

Tiffany shakes her head and smile bitterly while she started to open the plastic bag. She take out the snack and tried to open it but got stopped by Taeyeon. “Fany… I saw your face and it doesn’t look good at all. Is there anything made you uncomfortable?”

She sighed. “It’s him. He keeps on calling and texting me. I mean, why does he need to appear now? He has ruined our day.” She frowned.  

Now Taeyeon knows the reason why. “Who said our day has ruined? We just getting started you know. All you need to do just throw all the negativity away or in other words, just ignore him Fany.”

While caressing the back of her hand, he says “It’s our first date, you should smile.” And finished his words with his dimple smile.

“I’m sorry I shouldn’t get affected with him and ruin our date.” She muttered while giving him a sorry look.

He made eye contact with her. “I think you really need to get rid of those words in your mind dictionary Fany. There’s nothing to be sorry about and we can just enjoy the view and nature here.”

“And our date of course.” He added.

They both smile to each other, and Tiffany hold his hand. “Thank you Tae. For always stay and not hating this marriage.” Honestly, thank you is never enough, and she has promised to tries her best to cherish this marriage.

“Who said I didn’t hate this marriage huh?” he joked.

While she is being all serious, here we have Taeyeon who suddenly joking around. “Gosh Tae don’t be such a joy killer!” she glares at him.

He pulled her into a side hug and say, “Hahaha I’m sorry Fany, I just try to live up the mood.”

Tiffany just nodded as she knows he just joking about it. Taeyeon put his hand around her shoulder while Tiffany wraps his waist. She rested her head on his chest and they both staring at the calm sky while feeling the wind cross through their face.

While tucking her hair to the back, Taeyeon thanked her. “On a serious side, I should thank you too for opening your heart for me. I know it’s not easy Fany.” he kissed her temple and rest his chin on her head for a while before continue to watch the scenery together.

Tiffany just smiled and closed her eyes, as in disbelief that just sitting in the park with the people she loved could give her happiness and serenity.

Both of them then spending the rest of the day by walking around the park hand in hand, talking about their plans ahead and joked around like a teenage couple.

From now on, they’ll live their lives in a new way. They’ll learn about each other. They’ll start again.