Chapter 13: AN UNEXPECTED MEETING

ACID ft. ALKALINE [HIATUS]

Taeyeon went straight to his room after back from the hospital. He then started to think about what happen today. About how he has the urge to kiss Tiffany 2 times. 2 TIMES FOR GOD SAKE! And of course, meeting his long time enemy, that so called “lovable guy”. Taeyeon feels disgusted when he thought about that guy. Laying on his comfy bed made Taeyeon’s eyes heavy. He then finally drifted to sleep.

--

WHILE AT TIFFANY’S WARD

After looking at Taeyeon kiss Tiffany’s forehead, 3 of them being left speechless. By that time Yuri thought of something. “I think he already likes you Tiff.” Yuri said while crossing his arms. He blurt out the statement after few minutes thinking.

Jessica who was taking a selfie nearly let her phone fall. “RIGHT?!! I THINK SO TOO!” she half scream.

While Tiffany had her unsure reaction on Yuri’s statement. “Nah I don’t think so.”

“Then why does he kiss you then Tiff?!” Jessica tries to questioned her.

“A forehead kiss doesn’t mean anything. He just being friendly.” Tiffany answer calmly.

“Hm…” Yuri hummed. “But looking at it… you guys had a forced marriage. Do you think someone can casually kiss you if they don’t have something on you?” He smirks.

The couple smirks at her and keep staring, waiting for her answer.

“Ww-what? Hh-he just wants to sh-show as if he cares about me in front of you two” Tiffany defended.

“Whatever you say Tiff, but I still with my words. Get well soon!” Yuri get up and left her room.

“He. Likes. You.” Jessica emphasized each of the words, teasing her.

“Yah Jung Jessica!” If only she can walk, Jessica would be a dead meat by now.

“Hahaha bye Tiff! Love you!”

--

Tiffany is left alone now thinking about what her friends said. Since there is Taeyeon at the hospital and there are no fans gather out there, her manager let Tiffany rest. She left after Yuri and Jessica came earlier.

Suddenly her phone ringing. An unknown number is calling her. As much as Tiffany alert with the sasaeng fans, she feel this call will not bring any harm to her.

“Hello?” She answers it.

“Hello Tiffany.” A familiar voice came into her mind.

“I just call to check on you. Are you okay?” He asks her again.

Hearing his voice made Tiffany picturize a woman with her son that she saw few weeks ago.

“Lee Chul Woo. Leave me alone.” She warned him.

She can hear he chuckled behind the phone. “I can’t Tiff, I-I still love you. How can I leave you alone?”

“BUT YOU LEAVE ME 3 DAYS BEFORE OUR WEDDING!” Tiffany half scream.

“I have to Tiffany! I don’t know what I’m doing, I-I’m such a jerk! Please…!” He howled.

Tiffany look at her hands, stare at her wedding ring. Thinking on what she should do. Half of her heart feels sorry with Chul Woo. He was her loved ones. But another half was kept for… Taeyeon. She did not love Taeyeon like how she loves Chul Woo, but then she still let Taeyeon stay in half of her heart.

“Am I too greedy?” she talks to herself. But then, Chul Woo’s voice wake her up.

“You’re pretty Tiff. I can see you soooooo well from here.” Chul Woo said while let out a small laugh. More like evil laugh.

Hearing his words, Tiffany look around her. There is nobody. Plus, she’s in private room, there’s no way she could not see anyone if he’s here.

“From where? Don’t mess with me Lee Chul Woo.”

“You’re the one who’s messing with my feelings Tiff! You choose that doctor as your husband? That is not even your standard!” he’s mad.

Feeling scared, Tiffany cut the line off and began to think what she needs to do. All the words he said just now made Tiffany thought of the stalker that she saw few weeks ago. There is nobody else know about Taeyeon other than her family and close friends. Tiffany know something is not right.

“Did he’s the one who send the man?”

“Should I call Taeyeon to tell him about this?”

Tiffany called her manager. She was thinking Taeyeon as her last choice if she can’t reach her manager. Few ringing and she’s not picking up.

“Hi, this is Hyomin. I cannot be reach right now, please leave a message. Thank you.” Tiffany groan. It’s the line operator who answered her instead her manager. As much as she wants to get out from the room, she had no choice but choose to stay.

Been anxious for almost 40 minutes, Tiffany finally fell asleep. While Taeyeon who was coming back to the hospital for his second shift going straight to Tiffany’s room to check on her before he does anything.

He came in and see she sleeps soundly while holding her phone. Taeyeon slowly take the phone away from her hand, did not want to wake her up. Suddenly, few text messages coming in and makes him able to see her lock screen by accident. It showed a picture of Tiffany is having photoshoot with… him.

“Ah… she must still love him.” Taeyeon smile bitterly and put the phone on the side table. He covered her with blankets and get out from the room.

Today is not a good day for Taeyeon. First, he meets his enemy and now he bumps into Sooyoung. Such a great day.

“Yah Taeng! Checking your patient? Ani but why-” Sooyoung gets cut off by Taeyeon dragging him away from Tiffany’s room. Taeyeon knows what exactly Sooyoung going to say.

“Yah yah yah where are you going to drag me? Oi Taeng!” Sooyoung tries to free her wrist from Taeyeon's grasp.

Both of them stopped in front of nurse station.

Sooyoung look at him with a suspicious look. “What was that? Why was I dragged away?”

“Your voice too loud. Don’t you know it’s midnight already? Patient were asleep, duh” Taeyeon answered him casually while trying to change the subject.

“I know but still-- did I talk too loud?” Taeyeon words made Sooyoung forget to ask him on how he end up at the room earlier.

“Of course you are, !”

Their conversation was disrupted by a question asked by a nurse. “Dr Kim, is it true you mess with Dr Nick’s resident?”

Both Taeyeon and Sooyoung look at her. Seems like that guy already told everyone about what happen earlier. Taeyeon sigh, raising one of his eyebrows and shakes his head. “More like he mess with his own resident.”

“Really? Hmm..”

Sooyoung who was clearly don’t understand began to stare at Taeyeon blankly. Demand for an explanation. “Yah what happen? Why didn’t I know about this?”

“Ani nothing serious. Don’t mind that guy.” While continue to drink his ice americano.

“There can’t never be nothing serious with that guy Taeng. Oh, come on!” Sooyoung slap his back, making Taeyeon choked.

Fortunately, he was not rushed to the emergency ward because of choking “Ugh why I always forgot your hand is big as hell! Aish you nearly kill me!”

“Whoops… heheh” Sooyoung smile sheepishly.

Taeyeon then continue to walk to neuro ward, leaving Sooyoung alone.

Realizing that he had been left alone, Sooyoung quickly ran to Taeyeon. “Yah! Let’s go together!”

But little did Taeyeon knows that gossip about him being in Tiffany’s room has already spread almost the entire hospital.

--

It was midnight, where the hospital lobby felt lonely, the patient was fast asleep. But in the emergency unit, they would never feel such ease. Ambulance sirens sounded from the end of the road, indicating there will be one more emergency case arrive tonight. While Taeyeon was in his office, he was woken up by a phone call from the emergency unit. He quickly rushed to the emergency unit with his resident.

From a distance he was greeted by a resident in the emergency unit. “Ah Dr Kim, the ambulance will be arrived in less than 2 minutes.”

“The patient is 28 years old male and involved in road accident. Suspected to have damage in cervical vertebra.”

Taeyeon nodded and continue to wait patiently.

Suddenly, the door of emergency unit opens widely and revealed a woman along with paramedics pushed a stretcher. But apart of the patient, he saw a familiar person.

“Are you his wife ma’am?” One of the doctors asked.

She quickly shake her head. “No, I was happened to be there when the accident happen.”

“She’s a doctor too Dr Lee.” One of the paramedic’s interrupt.

While Taeyeon still standing there, couldn’t believe on what he saw.

“Dr Kim? Are you okay?” The sudden question is like a wake up call for him. “Huh? Ah yy-yeah I’m okay. Sorry, let’s go.”

Taeyeon then follows behind the patient to the life care support section and continue his examination. He quickly use the ultrasound machine to check the patient’s lungs. They let her in too since she is a doctor.

“How’s his blood pressure?” Taeyeon asked.

The woman then answers him without hesitation. “I managed to maintain his blood pressure above 110 Tae.”

The other resident and nurses in the same room look at each other. Look like that woman knows Taeyeon. There is no one ever called Taeyeon with that name before. That sweet nickname made they look like more than just a friend.

Taeyeon startled. She still remember that name. But then, he choose to ignore it and just continue to look at the ultrasound.

“His ribs broken. That must have pierced his lungs.”

“Or his diaphragm could have been torn.” The woman added.

Taeyeon nod and continue to scan the patient right lungs. “There’s pool of blood in his lung.”

Taeyeon knows he needs to clear the blood as soon as possible. In order to do that, he must manually make a small cut on the patient right ribs to put in the tube for blood to flow out. Before he gets to ask the nurse to get him the tube, the woman already one step ahead from him.

“Please get me a 28 French chest tube.”

Again, the nurses and resident look at each other. These two looks so compact together. She knows what in Taeyeon’s mind before he get to say it.

Taeyeon carefully make a cut and put in the chest tube. “Please hold the patient for me.”

“Yes Dr Kim.” Just when the resident want to hold the patient, the woman stop him. “It’s okay I can hold him.” She smiled.

Taeyeon look at her action. Again, he choose to ignore her and continue to cut the patient right ribs. What is more important for him right now is to save this patient life so he can be operate.

Taeyeon push the tube in and soon the blood started to flow out into the case. That makes him feels relieved. The patient oxygen started to stabilize, and he is out danger.

“The patient is stable now, so you can get him CT scan.” He order the resident.

The resident nods and quickly take the patient to CT scan. Taeyeon then get out from the room while stretching out his neck. Just then Sunny walks by.

“Oi Taengoo ya!” she waved him.

Taeyeon turn to her. “Yah Sunkyu ya!”

Sunny smiles turn to fierce stare. “Aish!” she kick Taeyeon right leg, making Taeyeon flinched.

“What so bad about Lee Sunkyu huh?”

“Yah Kim Taeyeon, I’m giving you one last chance. Say my real name again, I’ll kick your out!” She half scream.

Taeyeon laughed. He is happy to tease Sunny after some time. But then he thought on something. It’s feel weird seeing Sunny at this late night.

“Yah, are you on call?”

Sunny shakes her head. “Nope. Just have some work to finish up.”

Taeyeon look at his watch. “It’s already late, go home and continue the work tomorrow shorty.”

Sunny stares him. “Don’t you realize we have the same height? Aigoo this crazy guy thought he’s taller than me.”

Just then, a woman greet Sunny. “Hi Sunny!”

Both of them turn their head, looking at a cheerful woman waving at Sunny. “Hi Juniel! Don’t you start tomorrow? Why so early?”

Juniel smile. “Yeah but I was happen to start earlier hehe.”

“She was helping a patient involved in accident. So, they brought her along since she’s a doctor.” Taeyeon explained.

Sunny nods “Ahh I see. Aigoo as usual our Juniel is so kind!”

Taeyeon knows their conversation will be long, so he excuse himself first. Feeling like Juniel has kill his time with Sunny. Plus, he need to prepare for surgery. “Yah, I’ll go first okay?” He tapped Sunny’s shoulder.

“Oh? So fast?” Sunny asked.

“I need to prepare for surgery.”

“Ah okay. See ya Taeng!”

“Do you want me to assist you?” Juniel offer her help.

Taeyeon shakes his head. “It’s okay, I got my resident.”

With that, Taeyeon just walk away from there, leaving those 2 continue talking.

--

Few hours in surgery, Taeyeon couldn’t stay focus and can’t believe he met Juniel, his ex-girlfriend. Such a charming girl, they met when they were in medical school. But they broke up because Taeyeon have to go back to Korea as his mom passed away and continue his study in Korea after that. Plus, they were so young back then. Taeyeon did not believe their relationship will last. Fortunately his surgery successful despite of keep thinking about Juniel.

Taeyeon went out from operation theatre with his scrubs on. He stretch his neck and back. Suddenly Sooyoung came from and jump to Taeyeon’s back.

“Aigoo our Taeng!”

Taeyeon flinched and throw him down, ready to let out his jiujitsu move. He pull one of Sooyoung’s arm up and push his back with another hand, making Sooyoung to tap the floor.

“Ouch yah yah yah Taeng! It’s me Sooyoung!” After realizing it was his friend, Taeyeon let Sooyoung arm down and get back to his standing position.

“Is it hurt?” Taeyeon asked.

Sooyoung stare at him. “No. Its nothing.”

Taeyeon nods.

Looking at Taeyeon’s expression made Sooyoung mad. “Of course it hurts paboyah!”

Taeyeon laugh. “Serves you right! Why the hell jump on me?!”

Sooyoung smiles sheepishly. “I forgot you learn jiujitsu duh.”

Suddenly Taeyeon remember about Juniel. “Yah did you know Juniel will work here?”

Sooyoung nods his head.

Taeyeon’s eyes grows bigger. “YOU KNOW?! HOW I COME I DIDN’T?”

Sooyoung remember something. “Ah right, you’re not there when director made the announcement.”

“THEN WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME AFTER THAT?!!” Taeyeon half screamed.

“Ah I forgot. Hehehe..” Sooyoung smiles sheepishly while brushing his back hair.

But it was true. He was busy these days. Since he is the senior doctor, he need to attend a lot of cases, he also need to manage the residents. Although Sooyoung is there, but he is considered as junior to Taeyeon because he is late 1 semester from him.

“What unit she’ll be in?” he asked.

“Neuro of course Taeng! Did you really forget her until forgot her major? Hahahaha!” Sooyoung laughed.

That is not what Taeyeon hope for. He was hoping he could be far from her even though they are now working in a same hospital. He did not want to reconnect their relationship again. Even if he does not married yet, he still does not want it to happen again.

“Yah don’t worry. You’ll be fine. Come, let’s go I’ll treat you some coffee.” Sooyoung said while grabbing Taeyeon’s shoulder.

Sooyoung knows how hard Taeyeon tried to forget Juniel. He suffered for years. Juniel is like his first love. He doesn’t hate her, but time has passed between them. Taeyeon has accept the fact that their love story has ended.

Taeyeon let out a small smile. “You go first shikshin ah. I need to change my scrubs first or Sunny might kick me again if she sees me.” He then walk towards his locker room.

“Why can she kick you when I can't?!”

“Because she is Lee Sunkyu!” Taeyeon scream from afar.

--