The Bird

Pieces Of A Heart IV

Word count : 381

Pairing           : Sehun×Luhan

Summary      : Luhan is gifted a bird. A rather magical bird.

 

 

 

When a cage with a bird inside was delivered to him a week before, Luhan didn't suspect anything.

 

He just accepted the package casually; after all they had told him that aside of an overwhelming amount of fortune his grandfather had inherited to him according to his will, the bird was the last thing the old man wanted to give him before he prepared himself to take his last breath.

 

Bird is not the correct replacement for a companion, but who was Luhan to complain and whom he shall complain about it at?

 

However he didn't expect to witness such bizarre happening before his eyes.

 

Because he could've sworn ten seconds ago the bird was still... a bird. Yet now, through the broken cage, he sees a boy, probably a lot younger than him, smiling bashfully at his own figure as if being in human form is terribly fascinating.

 

Where did his grandfather find this kind of bird?

 

"Y-yo," Luhan calls for the boy carefully, gasping a little when the other responds, "what are you, exactly?"

 

The boy blinks at him.

 

Luhan sighs. "Can you understand me?" he asks while doing a poor attempt of sign language.

 

Out of his expectation, the boy laughs. Two orbs disappearing into crescent moons. "Yes, I can." the boy says.

 

Luhan thinks the boy's voice sounds like a toad's.

 

A very adorable toad.

 

"I'm Shixun." the boy grins. "And I'm your guardian angel."

 

Luhan blinks once. Twice. Thrice.

 

And then bursts into a laughing fit.

 

"You seem to find it hard to believe me." Shixun says calmly.

 

"Of course I can't believe you!" Luhan then turns to be on rage. "First you went with McGonaggal thing on me and now you claim yourself to be my guardian angel??"

 

"But I am." Shixun says gently.

 

"Why? God sent you to bother me?"

 

"No." Shixun smiles. "I was sent by your loved ones."

 

Luhan stares at him.

 

"Your grandfather. Your father and mother."

 

His knees wobble.

 

"And one person that was gone from your memory after that... car crash?" Shixun tilts his head. "He asked me to tell you hi."

 

"Who?" Luhan whispers. Who else did he forget after he lost his memory?

 

Shixun takes a deep breath.

 

Luhan notices a scar on Shixun's forehead.

 

"Oh Sehun."

 

 

 

[A/N]

 

This was typed right on the caption before I posted the picture. Forgive the bizarre story.