Glory Days

Pieces Of A Heart IV

Word count : 941

Pairing           : Yifan×Joonmyun

Summary      : Yifan begs Joonmyun not to leave.

 

 

 

Time.

 

Our trustful ally, our biggest enemy.

 

Time was what had gifted us the glory days we walked through hand in hand.

 

And time was what had ditched us when we were running out of luck.

 

But even after all of those misfortunes,

 

could we, really, blame the time?

 

=

 

"Yifan, hey, Yifan,"

 

He opens his eyes slowly; they sting, but he has to force them to open as wide as possible.

 

A painfully familiar face greets him with the most gentle smile he had ever witnessed.

 

"Time to wake up, isn't it?" the soft voice suggests. "Don't you have something to do today?"

 

Yifan, since months ago, had given up his sanity. He doesn't intend on being normal again, so he cracks up a bitter grin. "Do I?"

 

The person in front of him nods slowly. "Something important." he said.

 

So Yifan brings himself up and leaves the bed, kicking the empty beer can in the process.

 

"You're a mess." the soft voice comments.

 

He chuckles tiredly. "You see, Joonmyun, I've been a mess ever since you-"

 

He turns around,

 

but finds nobody in his room.

 

He blinks, and the sinking feelings wretches him in and out.

 

He drags himself towards the bathroom. He feels like throwing up everything inside him.

 

=

 

I remember, those glory days.

 

We walked side by side, shared the same dreams and hopes, shared the same pain and bliss.

 

I remember waking up to you nagging about how much of a deep sleeper I was. I remember rushing to the practice room with you. I remember joking about something so ancient that had made you laugh for the whole ten minutes. I remember your soft, careful fingers wiping the tears off my cheeks.

 

I remember those beautiful days with you.

 

I remember those beautiful smiles you shared with me, and the beautiful heart you took care of me with.

 

But at the end of my memory, I curse myself for having the guts to remember.

 

Because I have no right to remember those beautiful days if I was the one who ruined them, right?

 

=

 

It hasn't been more than ten minutes for him in the hospital room, yet -

 

"The are you doing here?"

 

- he already gets his face blown in the short span of time.

 

Yifan grabs the corner of the hospital bed. His left cheek hurts like hell. He glances up, catching the sight of someone resting on the bed, trapped in wires and tubes.

 

Fortunately Joonmyun can't see his pitiful state at the moment.

 

"Leave." Sehun growls above him. "You have no right to be here."

 

He tries to straighten his body properly. Carefully looking at the younger guy's face, he forces himself to speak. "Just let me stay for a while more-"

 

Sehun cracks a sinister laugh. "You got to be ing kidding me." he grits his teeth. "Why? You want to enjoy the sight? It's your masterpiece after all-"

 

"Oh Sehun," someone warns behind him; probably Kyungsoo.

 

"Or are you that dumb?? After putting him here, you still have the ing guts to stand next to him??" Sehun points at the door. "Leave before I kill you."

 

"Oh Sehun!!"

 

"I will leave." Yifan says quietly. "In ten minutes. I promise y-"

 

"Shut up!!" Sehun charges another blow against Yifan's face. "You have no right to promise us anything when all you can do is to ing bail on them!"

 

It then takes three male nurses to get Sehun off him.

 

After some convincing words from Kyungsoo, he leaves with shattered heart.

 

He finds nothing but truth in Sehun's words.

 

=

 

Someday,

 

if I have the chance to meet you again,

 

I would spend my entire life making up to you.

 

=

 

He arrives at the beach, quite far away from the city.

 

He runs all the way to the shores. Tears blur his sight, yet he keeps running and running. Somewhere along the way, he trips on his own, making his entire figure fall on the sands. His limbs are in pain, but nothing beats the pain in his chest.

 

Nothing beats the pain in his heart.

 

He fixes himself on the sands, lying on his back, facing up the skies. He cries and cries. It's so lonely and cold; it only adds to the pain.

 

Somehow, as he shifts his gaze aside, he finds someone kneeling next to him, staring down at him in such sorrowful look.

 

In that moment, the seconds stop.

 

"Joonmyun," he calls inaudibly.

 

Tears well up in Joonmyun's eyes.

 

"Where did you go?" Yifan asks, only making his sob break. "Where are you going, you fool??"

 

Joonmyun stares at him for a quite long while before he lays down slowly, resting his head on Yifan's arm. "You said you were coming back." he claims. "Why didn't you? Why, Yifan?"

 

Why, Yifan?

 

That's the question he always asks himself.

 

Why did he choose to be selfish?

 

Why did he ruin the bright smile on that beautiful face?

 

Why did he leave?

 

"Don't go." Yifan cries. "Don't leave me."

 

Joonmyun only shifts closer against him.

 

"I'm sorry." he chants. "Don't go. I'm sorry. Joonmyun, I'm so sorry. Please don't go. Please,"

 

=

 

Someday,

 

if we can be together again,

 

I would spend my entire life being by your side.

 

Someday,

 

we will have our glory days again

 

and I would keep them beautiful

 

instead of destructing them.

 

Someday,

 

I would keep

 

all of the promises I made with you.

 

=

 

"Hyung," Kyungsoo whispers through the phone.

 

Yifan gulps, glancing at his surroundings on the shore. It's already night,

 

"He's gone."

 

and he's all alone.

 

 

 

[A/N]

 

This was written at the death day of Sangwoo, the character Joonmyun played on ‘Glory Days’.